Hotline Miami 2 Trailer Phones A Friend

By Alice O'Connor on April 9th, 2014 at 9:00 am.

Best buds

If murder is a merry lark then why, surely it’s even better with a chum! Hotline Miami is mostly a dark journey into the night alone without anyone to hold your hand but hey, shhh shhh shhh, it’s all okay in the sequel Wrong Number. A new trailer shows your murderman sometimes has a little heavily-armed help, though I couldn’t say for certain whether they’re an AI buddy (which they appear to be), a co-op pal, or a figment of your imagination.

Even if they’re not real and my life is an endless stream of pointless murders, at least I’ll get to express that in new ways with some snazzy dual-wielding action and icy hot stunts. Rolling is one of my true joys in video games and I will always overuse it in any game which allows me to. If it turns out I can kill people with rolls in Hotline Miami 2, even if it takes a dozen hits, I will set myself the most awkward and frustrating challenge.

The game’s due on Windows, Mac, and Linux some time from July to September.

__________________

« | »

, , .

1. Wurzel says:

Glad to know the music has only got better! Pretty intrigued with the new abilities being shown off as well.

2. Tinotoin says:

I can’t see anything other than ‘BOOPTS’ in that image.

3. Wowbagger says:

I will be interested to see how they implement the dual wielding in terms of controls. I loved the first one, it was 1am in the morning, music pounding through the headphones, endlessly repeating the same level to get the perfect line kind of awesome.

4. Vodka, Crisps, Plutonium says:

The shark.. I want to break the glass so badly!

5. altum videtur says:

… I forgot how psychotic this game was. Pretty much the only thing that takes the edge off that fact a little is the very misty drug trip feel of it all. Hope they don’t forgo that.
    Hmph. What a wuss.

6. Syra says:

co-op?
    CO-OP?
    COOP!?
    COOOOOOOOOOOOP!

7. Noburu says:

All i have to say is EVERYONE GET ON THE FUCKING HYPE TRAIN WITH ME!

Seriously one of my most (if not THE most) anticipated games of the year.

8. minstrelofmoria says:

I could not tell what was going on in that trailer at ALL. I couldn’t even tell who you were supposedly fighting alongside and who you were trying to kill. (Presumably, this would be a problem if I had a strong enough stomach to play the actual game.)

9. mvar says:

Oh boy..ohboyohboyohboy is it July-to-September yet?!?!

10. Emeraude says:

Loved what the fist game managed to do. Can’t wait to see if they manage to remain as significant with this one.

Comment on this story