House Of Cods: New Call Of Duty Has PMCs, Kevin Spacey

By Nathan Grayson on May 2nd, 2014 at 9:00 am.

Confirmed: the new Call of Duty will feature butts

Finally! A new Call of Duty game! What has it been? Five years? Ten years? One whole minute? Never mind the agonizing wait. All that matters now is this perfect moment, this sweet embrace. Activision were planning to take the wraps off Call of Duty: Ominous, Obvious, Or Utterly Meaningless Subtitle (aka, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare) this weekend, but a couple of leaks have prompted them to offer a few early details. Foremost, this one is being developed by series first-timer Sledgehammer as part of Activision’s plan to give each series entry a three year development cycle. Second, it’s about Private Military Companies (PMCs) deciding to STOP TAKING ORDERS and START TAKING OVER and there’s a brief SHOCK-YOU-MENTARY below. Third, there’s also now a trailer and this time the villain is Kevin Spacey.

Kevin Spacey is out of control:

And here’s the documentary trailer:

The game trailer is loaded with FutureTech that falls somewhere between Crysis and Titanfall (awwwwwkward), including exoskeletons, jetpacks, cloaking suits, and hover bikes. Also, there’s a scene where they blow up a bridge I regularly drive across. So long, Golden Gate Bridge! Please don’t ever explode in real life.

I’d comment on how odd it is that Legitimate Journalistic Outlet Vice is now helping a major gaming company make commercials about very, um, ethically dubious military companies, but… oh wait, I just did. Anyway, PMCs. They’re trendy to be afraid of, right? I guess they’ll be supplying the generi-brand Bad Guy Corp soldiers we’ll be shooting at this time.

Game Informer, meanwhile, has the ‘zkloosive first screenshot, which features a man who looks remarkably similar to The Wire, Luther, and Pacific Rim actor Idris Elba. That probably means something unless it doesn’t.

It’d be pretty rad if the game had a black lead, though. And hey, maybe a new developer (who, admittedly, has collaborated with Infinity Ward on previous games) leading the charge will breath some life back into the stagnating series. Put some spring back in explosions’ step. Make the setpieces dumb in a good way again, instead of dumb in a played-out way. It remains to be seen. For now though, we know there will be more Call of Duty. Just as the tide ebbs, grass grows, and global warming ensures both of those things will go all haywire soon, there’s a new Call of Duty game. The world has its equilibrium. The circle of life (and virtually ending it) continues.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare – a name that will confuse NO ONE EVER SHUT UP ACTIVISION CAN’T HEAR YOU LALALALA – will be out on November 4th.

, , , , .

Top comments

1. Premium User Badge Stense says:

Modern fiction sure does like blowing up The Golden Gate Bridge huh.

2. Premium User Badge DarkLiberator says:

One day would be nice if we could get a Call of Duty game from someone’s perspective rather then the usual America FUCK yeah bullshit. Maybe a Korean rebelling against the NK government? Ukrainian soldier? Insurgent in the middle east?

1. Premium User Badge RedViv says:

“And that’s where I come in.
    Doing it all…
    …for the powwwaaa.”

2. Premium User Badge Stense says:

Modern fiction sure does like blowing up The Golden Gate Bridge huh.

• El_Emmental says:

Worms Armageddon did it first :O

(I vaguely remember a map with the Golden Gate, next to other US landmarks like the Statue of Liberty)

• IonTichy says:

I think the UFO in SimCity 2000 blew it up even earlier ;)

3. Gravy100 says:

I can dig Cod if its choosing to go completely down the camp parody of itself line, its so close, so nearly there.

• Philomelle says:

Sadly, what probably happened is that one of the amateur writers on the development team played Metal Gear Solid 4 and decided it’s the hottest shit ever.

• hamilcarp says:

I wonder if they can make the plot even more incoherent and cliched.

4. Premium User Badge Joshua says:

PMCs today are basically “bodyguards with military training” (or “job here” with military training). They don’t do anything which is very military – that would make them mercenaries. Most of them are former soldiers. The US likes them because of various political reasons preventing them from just using soldiers for those kind off jobs.

The reason why they have such a bad image is mainly because an American General instituted a law in Iraq that protected Americans and american companies from being prosecuted by Iraq law. However, since US law does not apply outside of the united states, this effectivily meant that PMCs (Being an American company) could do a lot of things which would get a normal soldier court martialed.

And… those things happened.

5. Premium User Badge Alabaster Crippens says:

Kevin Spacey is in the new Advance Wars? AWESOME.

However, that Vice ‘documentary’ is utterly ridiculous. It’s climax is a guy going ‘that’s just balls’. And G4S is listed as a company ‘nobody has ever heard of’. It’s a shame, as Vice occasionally surprises you with genuinely interesting journalism (one of the best pieces of journalism I’ve ever read was in their pages). Not that some of the content isn’t generally a bit nerve-jangling if you’ve not heard it before. It just undermines the actual moral issues if it’s a story told (a) in the most melodramatic fashion possible and (b) entirely to sell a computer game/digital rollercoaster.

I guess at least it’s got my wakeup grumble out of the way.

• hamilcarp says:

I like the part where you called Vice “journalism”. That was good for a laugh.

• Premium User Badge Cinek says:

Trolls -> that way -> and out.

• Premium User Badge Alabaster Crippens says:

Like I say. The magazine used to surprise me. And I’ve occasionally been linked to articles worth a read since then.

Many years ago they did an issue on Child Trafficking, and it included some of the most heartwrenchingly painful pieces I’ve ever read. Including some very sensitive but shocking investigative journalism.

Of course, it did make the juxtaposition with some of the other stuff in there even more unpleasant than usual.

• Prolar Bear says:

I fully agree, my experience with Vice is the same. They publish both amazing and terribad articles, the juxtaposition is definitely jarring, but the good articles make it worth it.

• zero says:

I want a new advance wars game :(

• trooperwally says:

Just in case someone hasn’t heard of g4s, they’re fairly well known in the UK as the people who won the contract to provide (unarmed) security guards for the London 2012 Olympics… and then couldn’t get enough people for it. They were publicly ridiculed and the army were called in to do the security. Not exactly an evil, scary, mega corporation just yet – needs more competence first.

Also, if a PMC did “take over” then wouldn’t they be a de facto state and the takeover a civil war, rebellion, coup? Also, what would their motivation be for taking over? Companies exist to make money from their customers. PMCs are companies and probably smart enough to realise they make more money being guns for hire than fighting a war for themselves because they probably don’t have the skills to run a successful economy – for examples look at any country ruled by the military after a military takeover, they generally have weak economies and lack inward investment because of a lack of perceived stability.

• Premium User Badge Martel says:

Exactly. Conquering land would only lead to a loss of profits, and that’s the entire point of these things.

Unfortunately this is also very appealing to a segment of the population, at least in my section of the US. Killing the browns for money is what some people here would consider a win/win, and getting to rape without prosecution would be their christmas bonus.

• Zulthar says:

Well you might have heard a lot about G4S but I seriously doubt most people know about them. Here in Sweden I’ve talked to a lot of people that were surprised by the fact that G4S is a PMC because most people think they’re just an ordinary security company that patrols places of business during the night.

You have to consider Vices’ target audience. Sure they present a lot of things in a silly matter, but it gets people interested. And that’s fucking great because I think that’s one of the biggest issues this planet has right now.

• TWChristine says:

Yea, I didn’t realize they were until it popped up in that video. We have them around here as pretty much exclusively an armored car company (although I think they do some burglar alarm stuff, but that’s about it). I’d actually considered applying for one of those jobs before, but now I’m kinda glad I didn’t.

6. Colonel J says:

Can we be sure that’s actually Kevin? After Peter Serafinowicz got hired for Dark Souls II.

The Kevin Spacey Acting Masterclass https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U0SUsXrgCM

7. toomany says:

what a waste of space(y)

8. Jerppa says:

The guy in Game Informer’s screenshot looks like he’s too old for this shit.

9. KayodeTT says:

So aside from wearing an early version of the Crysis suit, you’re also playing as Prophet?

10. Premium User Badge DarkLiberator says:

• Armante says:

Something like Homefront then? I think it bombed. Spectacularly.

An American company making a game for a mostly American market isn’t going to deviate from a proven formula.

EDIT: Not to say I’d also like to see something different – I just don’t think it’s going to happen.

• drinniol says:

Uh, what he described was nothing like Homefront, which was American FUCK YEAH bullshit but with North Koreans instead of Russians.

• Armante says:

True. Also the closest thing we’ve had to it lately.

Used to be we had more variety in WW2 shooters.

• Evil Pancakes says:

It is a sad day when we think back and consider the days of WW2 shooters provided more variety than we have now.

• GameCat says:

Well, WWII victory was achieved by thousands of people from many countries and from few continents, so it was natural to have such variety.

• Volcanu says:

@ Game Cat

Except for the fact that almost all of the WW2 shooters (back in the great glut days) had you play as an American soldier on the Western Front, so there wasn’t the variety of which you speak. Ironically COD1 was a rare exception giving you the chance to play as British and Russian soldiers too.

• Premium User Badge DarkLiberator says:

@Volcanu Also, if I remember correctly Call of Duty 2 had you play British and Russian soldiers too. I remember assaulting some seashore gun emplacement in the middle east as British and an assault on a German HQ as Russians.

• soulblur says:

Freedom Fighters. True, still Americans, but I thought it was more nuanced than your usual hoorah sort of game. Some Americans were bad.

Someone really should make a game about opposing an invading force as a civilian turned fighter. More morally nuanced, with lots of flexibility in how you tackle opponents. Do you use civilian shields and risk a backlash, in order to rack up more casualties on the occupying force and demoralise them? Suicide bombs? What happens when you only have 6 bullets left and you’re running out of food? What if you torture someone for information, they tell you, then you kill them. Then you find out the information was false.

That sort of thing.

• mhcastrillon says:

What would be TOTALLY AWESOME was if Spacey was painted as the hero and the whole game was about the US going full fascist with bros hoo-haaing every time they trampled other nation’s populations.

Play that completely straight and you could actually make a very good point.

• DatonKallandor says:

That game exists (mostly) it’s called Red Faction: Guerrilla.
            You play a civilian turned Insurgent fighting against the Imperialist Forces controlled by their corporate overlords that invade your backwater home for it’s natural resources. You get pushed into extremism (suicide bombing! IEDs! acceptable losses of civilians because “collaborators”!) by random acts of violence and oppression. There’s a great scene where the monstrous behavior of the invaders has turned the Insurgents into monsters as well, as a Guerrilla torture victim tortures the man who tortured her.

All in all it’s pretty messed up and the obvious Iraq analogy flew right over the heads of the media (both games and news)

• Kollega says:

I’d totally play a CoD where you fight “those wacky Nutsies” or “dem evil Russkies” as a badass French soldier. Not too far from the comfort zone for people who actually buy CoD, and yet very different.

• pepperfez says:

Haha, we all know sissy French “soldiers” can’t fight wars like Real American Warfighters, HOO-RAH, freedom fries amirite?

Ugh, Call of Duty.

• tormos says:

The thing is this complaint would make sense if you weren’t talking about a very real war from actual history where the French had the second largest land army in Europe and got steamrolled in 6 weeks

• Ich Will says:

Every nation that has ever existed has suffered military embarrassment that they really shouldn’t have, from Caudine Forks to Hamburger hill.

• Premium User Badge Jackablade says:

Doesn’t a sizable chunk of COD’s enormous budget come from the US military? I’m sure I read that somewhere. If it isn’t the case, they’re missing a prime opportunity to appease Moloch’s demands for fresh blood to maintain the appetite of his mechanical heart.

• KevinLew says:

I’ve read that too, and I know which article that you’re talking about. However, there’s never been any solid proof that the U.S. government (or military) is financially backing that Call of Duty games. It certainly could be possible, since people have been involved in more bizarre and more complicated scandals than that. However, it hasn’t been proven so far, or everybody would have heard about it. This would mean that the biggest FPS game in the world is also a propaganda tool by the U.S. government, and that’s violating all kinds of laws.

• pepperfez says:

I don’t see that it would be a big scandal, or a scandal at all, since every braindead Michael Bay movie is backed by the army in exchange for glowing, illogical depictions of their Brave Manly Power.

• DrollRemark says:

Call of Duty 1, then.

• El_Emmental says:

You usually get the equivalent in cheapo russian/polish/eastern europe FPS, it’s all about the glorious [insert special units acronym here] units, but they’re so bug ridden and terrible, without basic english translation most of the time, that it’s only sold locally at the supermarket bin. It’s interesting to see serbian troops being depicted as gloriously retaking their homeland during the Balkan Wars, as you provide support in your russian tank.

Oh almost forgot that one – in the last 10 years terrorist organizations have been endorsing similar cheapo “games”, usually a modded, pirated and outdated version of a western FPS (I remember a lebanese organization showing a cracked unpatched Far Cry with a middle-east map as their ultimate propaganda game).

The Hamas got Under Ash 1 (no longer available) & 2 apparently, which sounds like a hobby project of a group of 16 to 25 years old computer enthusiasts agreeing with the organization views on the Palestine-Israel conflict.

nb: I don’t need to remind you that searching, installing and “playing” such games is very likely getting you flagged by various intelligence agencies :P

• pleaseletmecomment says:

The “lol america number 1! usa usa usa! ur with us or ur against us !!!!” sentiment of Call of Duty games makes me pretty uncomfortable, I’m aware that it isn’t the only form of entertainment that propagates this but it’s probably one of the most popular pastimes on earth for young people (right?) so it’s far more influential than a book or movie. Makes me want to play a game where I shoot Americans because they’re the bad guys.

hope the cia dont flag me for this post it was just a joke cmon man dont rendition me

• HidingCat says:

Heh. Call of Duty: Asymmetrical Warfare. Featuring the most famous guerrilla campaigns of the 20th century!

11. Armante says:

I’d watch that movie; an over-the-top, near sci-fi, popcorn action movie for a rainy afternoon.
    I just can’t be bothered actually playing it.

12. Kollega says:

Oh Cowwadoody. Even when you try to break from cliches, you just barrel right into another bunch of them. Who exactly is the “good guy” you’re fighting for this time, I wonder – Andrew Ryan and his Free-Market Circus?

13. Premium User Badge Thirith says:

So, is House of Cards elaborate advertising for the new Call of Duty?

Also, I’m still waiting for Call of Evelyn: Modern Waughfare.

14. Drake Sigar says:

I’ll be interested if I get to be on Kevin Spacey’s side, rather than being the man who impales him on the American flag.

• WhatAShamefulDisplay says:

Agreed. I didn’t see anything in that trailer to suggest that Spacey’s character is a villain at all, everything he said made perfect sense to me. Essentially he seemed to be advocating a Hobbesian social order, which I can totally get behind. Sadly, I have every confidence that the game will come out with some platitudinous Lockean mumbo jumbo about how “people love freedom!” and “muh rights, muh constitution!” and then we’ll get a Spacey exposition about how much he loves killing puppies.

Ah well. At least we have Deus Ex and Fallout: New Vegas to institute an autocracy.

• DXN says:

*eyeroll*

• Fenix says:

Exactly, I watched the video before reading about Spacey’s character being the villain and until the final parts of the trailer where he goes into groan-inducing-bad-guy mode everything he said sounded way too smart and made a lot of sense for a CoD character… sigh

fuck yeah ‘MURICA or something I suppose

• DXN says:

It’s interesting that two recent CoD villains have been a stand-in for the 99%/Occupy movement and a stand-in for the anti-war/anti-imperialism movement, twisted into evil masterminds who want to blow up/kill/enslave all the freedoms. To which, of course, the answer is a whooooole lotta killing by big tough Murrican military men.
      Kind of wearing their shitty sentiments on their sleeves…

15. GenBanks says:

When will they make a game about the most powerful PMC ever, the East India Company? It’s a bit misleading to portray private military power as a uniquely modern development in our neoliberal/corporate dominated world.

• GameCat says:

Nope, the most powerful private army was Militaires Sans Frontières founded by legendary soldier Big Boss.

16. Wurstwaffel says:

I’m more interested to see the level design than the theme to be honest. The last one went far enough in the wrong direction to stop being fun altogether at times.
    Kevin Spacey is nice, the performance capture still seems toned down though. I wonder if they did facial motion capturing at all.

17. roryok says:

It’s kind of a shame they feel the need to slap the COD name on this, because this really looks like it doesn’t have much in common with most of the previous COD games. They got Kevin Spacey, and they obviously poured a small fortune into it – they could have called it something else, and started a whole new IP. This would sell if it wasn’t called Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. I would even wager it might sell slightly more copies if it wasn’t called that, as there’s a certain fatigue associated with that franchise

• EvaUnit02 says:

If it’s still using the core CoD gameplay that’s barely changed since 2007, they should still keep calling it CoD.

Besides they tried to spin-off Modern Warfare into its own series free of the CoD branding in 2009 with MW2 and they found that to be a spectacularly bad idea. Apparently quite a few mainstream punters didn’t know WTF it was without the established CoD branding. http://bit.ly/1hjIvAU

• roryok says:

Well, I’d argue MW2 was a direct sequel to a COD game, but this looks to have no connection at all. Although I suppose it might. I guess my issue is Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare sounds an awful lot like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. I can see a lot of mums and dads accidentally buying their kids an 8 year old game when this finally comes out.

• w0bbl3r says:

You could take what you said there about a ton of money being poured into it, having nothing to do with the others (except the MW titles, very slightly being linked a little bit, with the same characters at least), and even “they cast….. “insert name here (Kiefer Sutherland, Gary Oldman, whoever else has been paid millions to do this tripe)” in it, which is interesting”, and you could apply those things to any of the games at all over the last 8 years or more.

On a side note; this looks like a new (terrible) Kevin Spacey movie, since it will have minimal interaction from the “player”.
      On another side note; Kevin Spacey, you are now dead to me.

18. grundus says:

My thoughts:
    - It does actually look a lot more slick than I was expecting, but that’s not necessarily a compliment as I was expecting something spectacularly dire
    - I can’t wait to hammer LT/RT to climb wall
    - I’m glad to see those exoskeletons DARPA has been working on are used almost exclusively to punt people much further than you could punt them without, not enable one soldier to carry several soldiers’ worth of gear (where would the fun be in that, I guess)
    - Drones drones drones
    - Drones

19. zero says:

Just to get it out of the way, in short-because typing on my phone is a pain-fuck you call of duty.

Now then, I could use a decent mindless, fast paced, multiplayer fps. Black ops2 was alright, ghosts should get an award for most offensively lazy, incompetent pc port of the year. Maybe this one will be alright?

Also, all the cods are on sale on steam for the usual MASSIVE discounts. Hell, the versions from a few years ago are only like $40. Wow, what a deal!!

20. Geebs says:

Call of Duty: Don’t Ask Don’t Tell

On the one hand I applaud CoD for moving upmarket and hopefully a bit less dudebro, on the other hand, Spacey’s slumming it a bit isn’t he?

21. HiFiHair says:

I was all prepared to be bleh dismissive, but then you went and included the hoverbike from Flashback, Orcas from Command & Conquer and (tenuous) the Cerberus IFF from Syndicate Wars and now I’m all t’aw nostalgia etc. Plus big love for a greasy Kevin Spacey, natch. (Ed – Missus)

22. geerad says:

ADVANCED WARFACE

23. EveryoneIsWrong says:

They should have one that switches between the viewpoints of a rock n’ rollin’, both guns blazin’ American group that keeps fucking everything up and a stealthy and smooth British team that keeps having to fix all the messes the American group makes…

• The Random One says:

Psht, yeah right. That’d be in the same Call of Duty game that’d show an American soldier that tries to do the right thing and rescue a fallen comrade slowly dying of radiation in an interactive sequence.

24. Turkey says:

Seems like it’s got some interesting concepts and stuff, but as usual in modern populist fiction it’s probably just going to be used as flavour for the braindead 3-act action story that never makes a statement or takes a stance on anything.

• pleaseletmecomment says:

good thing they’ll still be making non-populist fiction for us smart ppl

25. Deadly Sinner says:

This is everything I want in a fps, except for the unfortunate likelyhood that what was shown was either on rails (the hoverbike bit,) or scripted (most everything else.)

26. SirMonkeyWrench says:

The increasing SF aesthetic is intereasting to me, mostly because whenever I here people in CODs main audience talk about the franchise they almost universally dislike the increased elements of futurism. Just thought that might interest some of you disconnected from the Call of Duty crowd.

• hotmaildidntwork says:

That is kind of intriguing actually. I’m left to wonder who’s asking for this stuff if not the audience. Did they just run out of actual conflicts?

27. Monkeh says:

Haven’t been interested in CoD for years, but this actually looks kinda fun. Will keep an eye on this one.

28. manny says:

PMC’s are just cheaper to hire than to train a soldier from the ground up, and cheaper politically as well. You can stretch out the army you have and not force conscription on your population and the media doesn’t care how many foreign pmc’s died, only american soldiers.

29. boundless08 says:

Does anyone else feel that the Space-man in this is very much like Bob Page from the opening of Deus Ex?

30. sabasNL says:

Actually guys, when you think of it, this CoD atleast does one thing new:
    America invaded by Russians? Battlefield
    America invaded by Chinese? Call of Duty
    America invaded by North-Koreans? Homefront
    America invaded by Americans? Now that’s something new I guess.
    Apparently that was done already. Derp.
    (why has nobody done something with Iran yet? Too controversial?)

On one hand, shame that Kevin Spacey has been casted for CoD, on the other hand, his superb skills as actor might reach a broader audience now.

• DatonKallandor says:

Done before. This is basically the story of Ace Combat whatever-the-newest-one-was-called. You know. The terrible Ace Combat set in our world. That was all about a PMC that turned on the US.

• sabasNL says:

Seriously? Well, now I have nothing positive to say about CoD anymore.

• w0bbl3r says:

And that ace combat game stole it almost line for line from tom clancy’s HAWX and endwar games, which had linked stories if I remember correctly?
        I didn’t play endwar much, but I played HAWX through twice, because it was nice mindless fun, and I like that in a flight sim every now and then, just arcade nonsense blowing things up.
        But I know for a fact the story from HAWX was a PMC trying to take over the US, and when I bought ace combat, hoping for something a little like HAWX, I got a cheap copy with the same script.

• DatonKallandor says:

Oh yeah, it was HAWX. Sorry I confused HAWX and Ace Combat:The Shit One, because they’re both incredibly bad and feature incredibly terrible Tom Clancy USA-centric stories.

HAWX was the one with the PMC turning on the US.

• Shadow says:

HAWX did that before that new Ace Combat (both pretty much identical games), a huge PMC turning on the US for whatever reason. And now CoD intends to do it again, with some sort of documentary as well, as if it’s a remotely novel subject (edit: ninja’d).

And it’s about as plausible as Zimbabwe invading Europe. It’s simply much cheaper and effective for companies to use their wealth to sway politicians behind the scenes and indirectly influence policy. Like it happens in real life, that is. But that tends to lead to relatively few explosions, and so is not very CoD-like.

As for Iran, yes, it’s controversial, but Iran-likes have been used in fiction for years now.

31. bstard says:

War never chances. It always gets an update around the 4th of november.

32. Moraven says:

I’ll stick to Metal Gear for my PMC stories.

33. Moraven says:

And why couldn’t we have FMV like ole C&C and not this cgi Spacey?

34. HiFiHair says:

I can’t help but notice that the man talking in the video sounds like Kevin Spacey. Kevin Spacey’s surname rhymes with “space”. As in “outer space”. Plot hint???

• Premium User Badge Lord Custard Smingleigh says:

It also rhymes with “face”, and, indeed, “plaice”. Facial or piscine rumours: Commence!

• HiFiHair says:

“Advanced Warfare” is a perfect anagram of “carve a dwarf dean”. Significant? Maybe! But who is this subliminal instruction intended for?

• hotmaildidntwork says:

Carving a dwarven dean would logically fall to a dwarven craftsman, presumably stone. Possible COD-Dwarf Fortress crossover?

35. SillyWizard says:

Call of Duty: Grasshoppers

Call of Duty: Night of the Lepus

36. Hairball says:

Great I never got around to watching the second season of house of cards and now you’ve ruined the ending for me RPS, I hope you’re happy.

• SillyWizard says:

Dude, watch it. It’s even better than the first season.

37. rcguitarist says:

As long as the game lets me put a bullet…or laser (this is advanced warfare after all) into kevin spacey’s head, I will declare it game of the year.

38. CookPassBabtridge says:

I’m so, so sorry
    ;_;
    *cries*
    but…
    I want to play this. I know. I am a bad person *snif* Don’t hit me.
    It was the exoskeletons wot did it though! It made my inner STALKER fan have a shiny squee! I couldn’t help it! *flaps*

-_-

I’ll relinquish my login details at the door

39. BreadBitten says:

Mr. Grayson, I have some bad news for you. If you’ll follow me into the “happy room”…

Mr. Grayson this might sound a bit disturbing to you, hell it’s quite disturbing to me, but…I’m afraid that you seem to have developed a rather serious case of “snarkitis.” Yes, “snarkitis.” It’s a condition in which your body converts so much of your protein intake into snark that all your broch’s area can produce are extremely, eye-rolling attempts at being snarky.

Your case is the most severe that we at the Medical Association of Shits & Giggles have ever seen. I’m afraid that if you let your condition deteriorate you will ultimately transform into a giant, amorphous blob of snark and snorts that rolling eyes is all you’ll going to be seeing!

If you will accept my diagnosis, let me give you a prescription of Sealab 2021. The show does a tremendous job of showing how snark can be used effectively through moderation. You needn’t watch the entire series, just until season 3 would do, but watch it thoroughly…at least until you feel the snark start to come under control.

Best wishes

Dr. Dekter

40. Michael Fogg says:

Spacey must have a bitch of a mortgage… Between the COD trailer, the bank tv ads in my part of the world, and House of Cards… the guy accepts everything.

• OscarWilde1854 says:

I’ve got a school project for a marketing class… think I could get him on board?

41. Zaideros says:

” … leading the charge will breath some life back into the stagnating series.”

Nouns and verbs, Mr. Grayson. I believe ‘breathe’ is the word you seek.

42. Razgovory says:

Evil Kevin Spacey looks a lot like conspiracy nut Alex Jones. I think it’d be much cooler though if he was playing Keyser Soze.

43. P.Funk says:

I always knew VICE was full of shit. They always reeked of this fakey journalistic hipster thing. When their show started airing I soon realized it was just disaster tourism with a bunch of well fed white guys going from place to place saying “wow isn’t this awful? you should feel bad, I guess” and that was it. Not even much commentary, just ZOMG TEH WORLDZ IS FKCUD UP!

What a bunch of hacks.

44. Stackler says:

FUCKING HELL!
    What the fuck is wrong with you, Kevin?

45. tom_trottel says:

i like these games. :)

46. Felixader says:

For a moment there i read “This game is anticipated to be retarted mature.” X-P

47. Felixader says:

I have to say, the Games start to reach a kind of crazy that might make theminteresting to me.

• CookPassBabtridge says:

Exactly. Its like they listened to John Walker’s Jelly Gun [make stuff fantastical] idea.
      I wonder if its in there? The jelly gun I mean. Can I kill Kevin Spacey with Lime flavour?

48. pexpress says:

If exoskeletons and action should not miss this new Call of Duty, it is especially ambiguous and disturbing performance of Kevin Spacey which marks the first trailer of the game, the question is whether the actor will bring a new life to the series, call of cards :)

_________________________________________