Wake Up: It’s GOG’s Spring Insomnia Sale

By Nathan Grayson on May 13th, 2014 at 12:00 pm.

That ladybug looks like it's angling to take your game. MAKE IT PAY.

Spring is in the air. And on the ground. And oh god, it’s in the vents. Harrowing, certainly, but worth getting excited over because videogame sales are rampant and also I guess new life is entering the world’s bloodstream. Humble was first to let players feast on the fruits of its deal-cutting prowess, and now GOG‘s following suit with something… rather different. The Spring Insomnia Sale puts various games in the gleaming rainbow sale spotlight, but in maddeningly limited quantities. You know that part of a Steam Sale where you obsessively check for new deals a few times per day? That times a million.

It’s a reprise of the similar Fall Insomnia Sale, but with a few tweaks to leave you even more itchy, sweat-soaked, and glued to GOG’s frontpage:

“Welcome to our Spring Insomnia Sale! Back by popular demand, we will be putting up 100 games in limited quantities with discounts up to 90%. We’ll have more games for sale than Noah had animals in his ark. Indies. Classics. Classic indies, even. All kinds of games for all kinds of gamers.”

“We did change things up a bit this year. While checking out, keep an eye peeled for a random chance to get a free game. Yes, this time there will be no more split second freebies so everyone has an equal chance :)”

It’s pretty diabolical, that’s for sure. But let’s face it: we’re all going to be watching and waiting for the perfect deal to whisk us away and make all our farmgirl/boy dreams come true. Or, I don’t know, something about videogames. It’s late in the US right now and my metaphors are confused.

Deals appear one at a time, so they go pretty fast. Personally, I’m keeping a tab open so I can flip over to it every few minutes. Be warned, though: watching the numbers and meters change in real time is mesmerizing. My productivity is down 50 percent, and I’ve totally forgotten whether or not I own a small parcel of land in Peoria. It’s bad. Real bad.

What about you? Have you been keeping track of the sale? If so, have you bought anything?

, , , .

1. Niko says:

Limited quantities of, erm, digitally distributed games? DOES NOT COMPUTE.

• Neurotic says:

Limited quantities /at that price/.

I got Avanum Complete Saga (1-6 + BoA) for 3 USD, and it’s now back to 12 USD.

• gunny1993 says:

It’s a very, very old marketing strategy brought into the 21st century, create a fake supply problem so you can sell things that aren’t shifting very well in any case.

There’s a name for it i think, maybe a sociopa … i mean advertising agent would know.

2. phelix says:

Meh. It’s technically worse value than a regular sale and they sure do abuse the psychological effect of visible scarcity that makes people more eager to buy.

• almostDead says:

I’m surprised about GOG success. Personally, I struggle with a lot of older games, and find that the nostalgia glasses were very thick.

But then, I have never been into replayability for things like RPG; I only played Dragon Age once.

I know they are branching out into not just old games, but unless they get the license to Grim Fandango, I’m not buying anything old, with all the early access and indie stuff to try.

• Emeraude says:

I don’t think its necessarily nostalgia – though it can be it too.

I mean, as someone who just doesn’t understand the appeal of many modern day game-designs (the very idea that quest markers are a thing is pretty distressing from where I stand – the Fact that Assassin’s Creed games sell so well is mind-boggling too), I understand that I can’t entirely dismiss it all on the illusions of people who are slavishly showing interest only to the latest new trend for the sake of it being new. I understand that there are other priorities than mine, which can only be addressed by other design choices – which often end up making things worse for people sharing my tastes. Conversely some of those old game were addressing my wants really well, but aren’t going to very satisfying to an audience to whom what they do isn’t wanted.

basilisk says:

Which is very lofty and all, but doesn’t solve the eternal problem I have with old games – also known as the “dear god why is the UI so atrocious” syndrome. It’s really hard to go back in many cases due to really very simple usability problems, which I think is what almostDead was saying here.

(And this is coming from someone who has been PC gaming for almost two decades now and uncritically loves both Assassin’s Creed and Ultima Underworld.)

• Emeraude says:

Which is amusingly enough, the issue I have with many newer games. The UI is atrocious when compared with older games.

I don’t think there’s any reliable solving of that for either/both of us.

basilisk says:

Could you quote an example? I’m genuinely interested.

The one game that really hammered this home recently for me was Ultima VI. The game may be solid gold for all I know, but trying to wrestle with the UI is a genuine act of masochism. I have not seen any game in recent years featuring anything this abysmal. (I know it was groundbreaking at the time, but that hardly matters if I’m just trying to enjoy myself.)

@basilisk:

Well, I was trying to think for the previous post, of an example of a game that might have achieved being bearable for both of us, and the fist example I could think of was Dishonored. And the only thing that made the UI bearable for me was the ability to turn it all off altogether. And then it caused some game-design issues

Ultima 6 – It’s not so much the UI being old as being poorly conceived for what it wanted to achieve. It’s on many respects a poorly conceived UI, period. Regardless of age.

I have no issues with, say Wizardry 6′s UI, released the same year – though it seems to be be considered obsolete and unbearable by many modern players if I have to believe conversations I’ve had.

basilisk says:

Emeraude, that doesn’t really answer my question. Is it just about quest markers? I turned those off in Dishonored too. But I found them quite useful in Skyrim or Far Cry 3. They are merely a tool, not necessarily constituting “atrocious UI”.

What I meant was things like Dune 2 or the original X-COM (neither sold on GOG, I know) which are very good games severely hindered by terribly outdated/completely misguided UI design. Those things I consider genuine flaws that are virtually impossible to overlook from a contemporary perspective. A quest marker, on the other hand, is a design decision.

• Emeraude says:

It’s not about quest markers per see – they are merely a symptom. Many modern UI overloads the player with information that is not only superfluous but counterproductive to playing the game the way some enjoys it (IE: experimenting and exploring the gameplay-space of possibilities).

It could be interesting if it was one of the points of the game – like the way some older games overload the player with data and let the player decide and enforce what is meaningful or not, but it’s not really what’s happening there for the most part.

Modern games have that need to have everything immediately understandable, knowable and digestible. And far too often the UI has become the relentless logorrhea that makes it so.

At the opposing side of the spectrum, in a reverse twist, but because of the very same assumptions, there is the issue of the transparent UI. There’s something weird in a game like Assassin’s Creed when you play it in that, the game basically *is* the UI. There is nothing of worth from a gameplay standpoint that happens out of it. But, without going that far, take games like Dragon Age: Origin and Dragon Age 2 – especially what they mean from a diachronic standpoint taking their ancestors as far as design is concerned – with the UI slowly marginalizing information into exact brackets that funnels the experience in the direction the designer wants instead of letting the player in control.

The funneling into linearity is not just part of the level and game deign – the UI itself is part of the means by which it is achieved.

basilisk says:

I honestly have no idea what that even means. All games are experienced through an UI. You could say the exact same thing about Dungeon Master. And I still wouldn’t know what you mean.

You keep dragging various high-level concepts into it, but all I was saying is that clicking fifteen times in various parts of a screen just to loot a chest is unbearable in this day and age, and that this is the reason why I have cast very many old games aside as barely playable.

Tendencies of modern games towards greater linearity, even if I agreed with the notion (which I don’t), don’t have anything at all to do with that.

• Emeraude says:

Yes, but the UI doesn’t necessarily happens to be the limit of the what the gameplay entails. If you create custom units in Alpha Centauri, you do it it through the UI, you perceive the result through the UI, but the ludic aspect, and the significance of the creation from a gameplay standpoint isn’t generated for and from the UI.

In Assassin’s Creed there is nothing out of the UI apart from narrative. It’s a really weird game from were I stand. I don’t want to say bad. But I sure don’t get it.

I do think it has to do with that, though I agree that the overall issue is far overstated – the modern market has become so varied, but we still focus on the blockbusters. At the same time,, well the blockbusters have more cultural impact and significance on the short term.

That’s not all you were saying though.Which is why I was replying that different people have different priorities and disregarding the opinion of people who do not share yours on account of nostalgia is kinda dishonest.

basilisk says:

I give up. I genuinely have no idea what it is I just read.

By the way, have you actually played Assassin’s Creed? Because I totally find stabbing dudes in the back ludically significant. But that may be just me.

• Emeraude says:

I’ve played it twice actually, as I’m wont to do with games that pose me problem from a design standpoint.

My apologies for not being able to be both clear and succinct enough to make the conversation work I guess.

• Noumenon says:

I just wanted to chime in to agree that @Emeraude is not using the word “UI” to mean anything like what normal people mean (menus and feedback about your status). Annoying.

I am actually.

• Waltorious says:

I must say I had the opposite impression. To me it sounded like Emeraude was referring to “UI” as things like the HUD (quest markers, compass, radar blips) and menus, hence the statement about “turning off the UI” in Dishonored. Whereas basilisk was taking a more holistic approach, labeling “UI” as the full set of ways the player interacts with the game, including controls and graphical and audio feedback. From this definition, a UI can never be “turned off”. Unless one means quitting the game.

I originally read Emeraude’s complaint about Assassin’s Creed as a remark that in those games, the maps and compass and quest markers and radar blips are pretty much the whole game, with the actual 3-D graphical display in the middle being mostly pointless. Like the occasional old-school FPS in which it was easier to play on the overhead map screen rather than in the regular view. But Emeraude’s later clarification, with an example from Alpha Centauri, suggests a different point: that the Assassin’s Creed games only allow the player to do things that the game prompts the player to do (i.e. go to this place, stab this guy, etc.), whereas other games like Alpha Centauri provide systems for accomplishing tasks but leave players freedom to do a variety of things. Assassin’s Creed feels prescribed by comparison, essentially; any “freedom” simply involves repeating tasks that the game has already pointed out to the player (search for items, assassinate people, hide in crowds, etc.). This may be the reason RPS’ reviews of the series have frequently made “eight hour tutorial” complaints.

Although I should mention that I’ve actually never played an Assassin’s Creed game OR Alpha Centauri (I know, I know… I do own a copy, I’ll get to it eventually), so I’m only going on what I’ve seen in videos and read in reviews. And I could be misunderstanding Emeraude’s arguments.

@Waltorious:

You got the main chunk of what I meant about the UI, but my inability to pass the other point across via my Alpha Centauri example prevented you from getting the rest.

Let’s try it the roundabout way (almost 5AM though, so if make no sense, well file that as just the ramblings of some mad ghost).

Take Chess. you can say that the UI is the board and the pieces (or their representation). But that’s not the game. You can play a game of chess just by memory, just enunciating coordinates (then I guess the UI becomes the human voices). That’s how I played when I was a child. But it’s the rules that make the game.

Now, one of the specificities of video games when compared to other games as far as I’m concerned – and that’s how I personally differentiate a complex board game adapted into computer form from a fully formed video game – is that, you cannot play a video game without interacting with the representational space. And the UI is just one way to link rules within the representational space into a working whole. But most of time, the UI isn’t the game. The rules, the values that make some propositions worthwhile or not, all of that isn’t contained in the UI, which is just a tool from which we can deride them.

Assassin’s Creed is a weird game in that it reaches such a level of transparency with the UI, that yes the UI is the rules, it is the game. There is barely anything out of it. The rest of the representational space is redundant as you noted. Even the execution is barely significant. You follow pointers and press buttons as told by the UI. And that’s basically the game. That’s it.
            It’s been a very weird experience for me going through that as I kept looking for a game that wasn’t there. There was play for sure. But game ? Well, at the minimal level of being the willful execution of an unnecessary constraint I guess.

basilisk says:

If I understand your point, Emeraude, and I’m still not sure I do, then every point and click adventure game ever takes place exclusively within the UI as well. In particular the older ones that use p&c to sort of simulate a text parser. And, of course, every text parser game as well. In Maniac Mansion, the big window in the middle is also mostly useless. Therefore, Maniac Mansion is not a game? And if not, what is it?

It seems to me that your convoluted definition actually boils down to systems-driven/rule-based games as opposed to, well, I don’t have a term for those, but let’s call them prescribed-action games, where you clearly prefer the former. Which is however very far removed from any discussion about UI sensu stricto, if you ask me. And more importantly, those two categories are in no way an indication of quality. They are just descriptors.

• Noumenon says:

I was too hasty, thanks Waltorius and Emeraude.

@basilisk
            Unless you happen to think that the UI itself in a point & click happens to be the problem you have to solve, then no, not the same thing. Same with text adventure.

• Sian says:

@Emeraude:
            I’m going to try and wrap my head around your stance on UI as far as Assassin’s Creed is concerned. Are you having an issue with the narrative device of having the majority of the games take place inside a machine? If not, could you give me a very concrete example of what you mean – how does what you’re saying relate to, say, the combat system in the AC games? You can, of course, choose another aspect of the game.

There’s also something bugging me with your chess example and that you’re saying that one can’t play computer games without the UI – basically in your head. I can, though. Most games have very simple rules and I can play a mission from, say, AC or Dishonored entirely in my head – even using a different map like the city I’m in right now. Sure, I’ll have to place the guards myself and be my own opposition, but I can do that. Heck, come to think of it, if I was to formulate the rules in terms of a tabeltop RPG system, I could play it with friends.

Maybe I’m completely misunderstanding your example, though.

• Emeraude says:

What I said was you can’t play computer games without the representational space (even if it happens to be text). UI is just one element of it (you can have a game with no UI).

You can imagine that you play a game of Dishonored. But then, can you lose at such an imagined game unless you willed it ? Rules are intertwined into the representational space. Can you share such a game with another player ? Can you play a game of Pong with another player that way ? It’s not just a matter of complexity.

But then, almost by definition, you wouldn’t be playing the same game: you’d be using other rules. When my character wins a game of Chess because of a dice roll in a p’n'p RPG, I haven’t been playing chess.

Back at you later with the AC thing hopefully – but I really have to leave now.

• Sian says:

@Emeraude:

I can lose if someone else plays an opponent, just like you can only make one side lose in Chess by yourself. Sure, it’s not the same, but to really have a game, you need some kind of opponent. Which is why I brought up the RPG system. It appears that you don’t know that there are plenty of RPGs that don’t rely on dice. In this specific scenario I could, with some work and a lot of time, get the rules of the game onto the table without using dice (except for, say, unpredictable guards that stop and turn at random times in the game). Dishonored is easier because it has smaller, corridor-like levels with stricter guard patterns. Since PC games, even real-time ones, basically work on a turn-based system anyway, it’d be possible to assign speeds to guards and the player character, behaviour rules to guards, rules on how gadgets and powers are used… Yes, it would be doable to recreate the game, I think. The biggest problem would be for the, er, game master to keep all the behavioural rules for guards in mind.

But yeah, I’m curious about your AC thing. Looking forward to your return.

3. Varakkys says:

It provides a rather fascinating insight into sales figures. I just watched 400 copies of Heretic Kingdoms at $1.49 disappear in less than five minutes.

• plugav says:

Deadly Premonition for $1.49 got bought out completely in the time it took me to pay for it.

• Taidan says:

I impulse grabbed that game at that price too, but looking into it afterwards, I think that may have been a temporary glitch. Looks like the list of titles that were on offer cycled around again in a random order, but the prices cycled around again in the same order they were originally, leaving the games and their prices mismatched.

Still, GOG appear to be honouring the sale, which is nice.

(Unless there is some obscure method to reduce $24.99 by 75% and end up with $1.49).

• somnolentsurfer says:

The last time they ran this arrangement I just happened to get there when Planescape Torment had just come up. It had ‘sold out’ before I could type in my card details. Of course, it came up again later in the week and I still haven’t played it.

• Noumenon says:

I don’t really believe they’re selling that many at all. A top paid Android app will have 1 million downloads, and even 1 million downloads in a year works out to fewer than 2 downloads per minute. These games are “selling” more than once per second. Even if people have watchlists and bots there is no way these completely obscure games are outselling Minecraft. This claim of “126 left” borders on false advertising — the limiting quantity isn’t how many they want to sell at that price but when they want to expire the timer. RPS should ask them about that.

• JFS says:

GOG has a huge fanbase. They’ve got over 100,000 Facebook likes, and I bet there’s many more interested in the site and eepecially such sales. Their servers have been melting left and right, and the last time some of the games took hours to sell. I don’t believe anyone would fake that.

• Noumenon says:

Time Commando is selling at a much more believable pace here at 3 AM, so maybe I shouldn’t have judged based on two minutes.

Good Old Games may have 100,000 likes, but these no-name games don’t. Time Commando has 919 likes. If you told me GOG was selling “a” game that often per minute, I would believe you. But not one game.

Also, games that take hours to sell out raise the possibility of a game that never sells out. That seems like what I would expect to happen with most games, not this frenzied rush.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

Yeah I think you are being harsh there. These sales generate traffic for sure. Most of the games are 2 dollars or less, that is throwaway money.
        Oddly I’ve noticed that this time games seem to be shifting slower than the last sale, also the quality of the games seems not as good. I think this may be their way of selling their low selling games, so you may be looking at a situation where these games are not selling that much throughout the year. Meaning <1000 copies sold over the course of this sale and not much for the rest of the year puts them somewhat far behind an app with over a million downloads. Ofc these sale items will outsell Minecraft, for about 5 minutes. You don't seem to be considering this tiny amount of time involved as well as the near critical mass that Minecraft already has.

• Noumenon says:

I compared to paid Android apps because the price range is the same.

I agree that these are low selling games, and probably 300 downloads is several months’ worth of regular demand. Perhaps you could condense all that demand into one minute and match Minecraft for that minute, but how could all those potential sales become aware of the sale and happen to be online to purchase, all in that one minute? With no per-game advertising? I can believe they would beat Minecraft’s two downloads per minute at times, but not that they’d get eighty downloads a minute, that’s nuts.

Perhaps someone’s figured out how to buy the games and then resell them higher?

4. Shadowcat says:

I heard the Keaneing on the wind, and with a heavy heart I knew that this day had come once more.

5. suibhne says:

I’ve picked up plenty of titles for super-cheap in GOG.com’s normal sales, but these frenetic “events” actively turn me off. I refuse to visit the site because this demands constant, feverish engagement, and it’s totally not user-discoverable. Steam sales, otoh, offer highly predictable patterns and a mobile app.

It also has to be said that, generally, these GOG.com flash sales offer insignificant savings over their regular sale prices – maybe, say, $2.24 instead of $2.99. Sure, that’s a significant percentage, but in absolutely cash value it’s barely half a cup of bad diner coffee.

• Borsook says:

I’m sorry but the last part is not true, even the screenshot at the top shows 9.99 dropped to 1.99, that’s 8 dollars on a single game… plus they had Aarklash Legacy at -75% that’s the highest discount this game had to this day on any distribution platform. So no, the discounts are quite significant.

AngelTear says:

He mentioned the difference between this discount and a regular discount during a regular, non-flash sale. The difference between a 75% off and a 90% off on a 8.99$ title is risible, but with the advantage that you don’t have to check GoG day and night for the game you want, with the regular sale.

• SkittleDiddler says:

Agreed. The way GOG manipulates its customers during these horrid sales is as distasteful as anything else the DD retail industry is capable of.

It’s fascinating to watch people freak out over the whole process, though.

VelvetFistIronGlove says:

I just don’t have the time to keep looking at GOG’s page, so I guess I won’t be spending much (if anything) during this sale.

7. qrter says:

It’s kind of impressive how Gog have found a way to make sales really unenjoyable.

• malkav11 says:

Yup. I hate this sort of “blink and you’ve missed it” discounting in general, but it’s even worse in a context where the scarcity is entirely artificial.

• Emeraude says:

I’m weirded out that people can enjoy sales in the first place – seems pathologic to me more than anything.

AngelTear says:

It’s not so much the sale, it’s a few aspects of it that get people addicted. One is certainly the gamification of the sale, the “now or never” aspect of the scarcity of the sale, that makes people rush to buy things they otherwise wouldn’t have, and the promise that maybe the next game is the one you’ve always wanted, at the price you were waiting for (and you may not even realize, you don’t actually particularly want or need any game on GoG, no matter the price).

The other is that it’s mesmerizing to watch bars fill and numbers go up and down, especially if you have nothing better to do or you don’t want to do what you should be doing. I remember, several years ago, when eMule and WinMx were a thing, I’d procrastinate on my homework and just stare, completely fascinated, as different bars of different colors filled, promising that I’d be getting the files I wanted soon.

• Emeraude says:

I understand that there’s a (repugnant as far as I’m concerned) manipulative aspect from a marketing standpoint, but really, the more I think about it, the more I do think “pathologic” is the right word for many of the targeted people who happen to enjoy it.

• The Random One says:

“Pathologic” is indeed an excellent name for this curious custom, second cousin to Stockholm syndrome.

In fact, Emeraude, between that and previously referring to the flood of information by overdesigned UI as “relentless logorrhea”, you should get some sort of award for writing words good.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun: relentless logorrhea

• Emeraude says:

And now I don’t know whether I should feel elevated or humbled.

I guess I’ll pick both options. Best to be sure.

Thanks.

AngelTear says:

Being GoG one of the few big “ethical” marketplaces for games, together with the humble store, I’m more inclined to supersede this questionable marketing technique, considering everything they stand for.

Even more so, because, after reading about it, it turns out it was their users who actually requested this kind of sale to happen again.

Sometimes feedback is stupid, but in principle listening to feedback is good policy…right?

• Emeraude says:

You’ll notice it’s not the marketing practice I was putting in question originally (you’re the on who brought that in the conversation), it’s the behavior of the consumers.

As for following feedback: yes, provided the good brought outweighs the bad – and even then sometimes I’d go so far as to say some prices are always too high.

Sometimes the crowd is wrong too.

• HadToLogin says:

@AngelTear: I wouldn’t call neither Humble nor GoG ethical this days. Or, if anything, they are as ethical as thieves compared to hitmen.

Humble lost it’s “humble” tag when they made “1000 starbound” bundle, rising typical around $5 beat-the-average price to $7-8.

And gog somewhat lost it when CEO or whoever wrote that offical gog-post that “You don’t like regional-pricing we said never will happen on out site and now it happens with Age of Wonders 3? Just wait few years for price drop – one day nobody will care about game, so we can make one price for everyone”.
            But, at least they fixed that issue. But bad impression is still here. Especially since it was second thing they said that will never happen on gog (first being DLCs, now their releases are something we expect to see on gog).

cpt_freakout says:

I think people need to take it easy with this thing. Ever since the first one there was a lot of negative feeling towards the fact that it’s unpredictable and unpredictably fast. I mean, you can just ignore the premise and check out the site every once in a while. That’s what I did with the first, what I’m doing with this one, and what I’ll do with the next ones, and I haven’t had any stressful thoughts about it at all. If I see a game I’m interested in, great, if I don’t, well, no big deal, I’ll check out the page later, the next day, or whenever.

• malkav11 says:

That’s certainly true of Steam’s flash sales, which aren’t artificially limited in quantity and have a time window that permits popping on periodically and seeing what’s what. Here, if I happen to stumble onto something I want, it could sell out before I even get through to try and purchase it. There’s no need being served by that sort of tactic and it just makes me not bother with the sale (or the site) at all while it’s going on.

8. Barchester says:

Snagged myself Carmageddon 2, both Little Big Adventures, the Quest for Glory 1-5 pack, Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive, Theme Park and got Wasteland 1 – The Original Classic as a freebie.

Contrary to some other commentors, I actually had a lot of fun yesterday, watching series and talk shows on one screen and keeping check of the GOG frontpage on the other. Indeed, there’s something mesmerizing about the speed at which some of these games fly by, and I had trouble looking away sometimes.

9. skyturnedred says:

I have exactly 1,50€ available on my card that works online. Now it’s a waiting game. It’s not like I had anything better to do.

10. Sian says:

Not participating in this. I have better things to do with my time than watch sales fly by, thank you very much, and I deplore sales with limited quantities. Limited time, sure, but if I see something I really, really want at a great price and the sale ends before I can even enter my login, that’s just frustrating. It’s one of the reasons I prefer shopping online.

Luckily, most games on GOG are cheap anyway and discounts are fairly frequent, so I’m not worried I’m going to miss something. Whatever I want will be available at a later date, and if it costs a few measly dollars more, I can cope.

11. Lagran says:

Snagged myself Race The Sun on a chance look (had been ready to head out about half an hour before it showed up but was delayed for varying reasons). Debated on Divinity: Dragon Commander but opted against it — if anything, I’ve still yet to play Divine Divinity.

12. CookPassBabtridge says:

I want OMSI2 for cheaps :( TOO PRICEY.
    I like buses.

13. acenck says:

Just got this scrawny little laptop, which has allowed me to play Kentucky Route Zero and Papers, Please!, which is awesome. Looking to pick something up in the GOG sale, like an old-school top down RPG a la Fallout or Planescape. Or anything else worth playing.

14. defunct says:

I watched this sale for a while yesterday. Most games were gone in about a minute. Maybe slightly longer. And the sale price was the same for games I’ve seen on sale before. Unless you plan on camping out and doing nothing else but watching this, it’s really not worth it, or your time. It does appear to be popular, though. Perhaps it is for someone that’s never seen this tactic before, but it’s been around for quite a while. Fun for a new generation.

• tormos says:

it is worth a laugh though when Riven comes on and the bar stays filled for three minutes

• MartinWisse says:

Eh, I picked up a few games I either wanted or could take a punt on at the price they were on. It’s not so much that this hasn’t been done before or that they can’t be beat, but that it’s cheap enough to buy now.