Moon Bruce: Lego Batman 3 – Beyond Gotham

By Adam Smith on May 27th, 2014 at 6:00 pm.

I’m always slightly disappointed when a new Lego game announcement arrives and it doesn’t involve a fresh license. Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham looks like a Justice League game rather than a simple spot of the moody Bruces, but I can’t help but feel something other than superheroes would make a pleasant change. Lego Hammer Horror maybe, or Lego Warhammer. It probably doesn’t help that I saw Days Of Future Past yesterday – so many superpowers all on one screen. Best bits? Blink doing the best portals since Portal and Quicksilver doing just about anything. The superheroes from the other place are below.

Brainiac is the lead villain this time around and he’s taken to shrinking entire cities so that they’ll fit into his collection. Rather than Sheffield, Hull and Rotherham, I’m guessing Brainy is scooping up the likes of Metropolis, Gotham and Central City.

Players will unlock more than 150 unique characters from the DC Comics universe, including members of the Justice League and LEGO big figures such as Killer Croc, Solomon Grundy and many more. Fans of all ages will be able to control their favourite heroes and villains with new gadgets and abilities. Brainiac’s mind controlling abilities and the power of the Lantern rings bring unexpected twists to the classic characters’ personalities.

Is it too much to hope for a Marvel vs DC game from Traveller’s Tales at some point? Or maybe it could still be heroes vs villains, with cross-universe team-ups with the friendlier title of Marvel Meets DC. Clark Kent and Peter Parker working together at the Village Voice, collaborating on the most important news of the day.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Bostec says:

Really bored of lego:superhero.

I have some suggestions:

Lego:Simpsons
    Lego:Futurama(who doesn’t want to play Bender)
    Lego:X-files(I want to believe but I don’t think it will happen)
    Lego:The Sopranos(I’m depressed, please cure me by bringing out this game)
    Lego:Battlestar Galactica(I am a not a cylon, wait maybe I am, No I am not)

Thats it, please add.

2. Steven Hutton says:

I loved Superman in Lego Batman 2. He had no idea how insufferable he was. It was great.

• Jalan says:

The subtle, yet un-subtle, gag they threw in that had the Williams theme playing whenever he was around regardless of what he was doing was hilarious. That bit where he drops in to help Batman and Robin and Robin begins to fawn over him while Batman does everything possible to ignore him is one of the funniest scenes in a Lego game I’ve seen to date.

3. Mana_Garmr says:

*crosses fingers*
    Please have better flying controls, please have better flying controls, please have better flying controls.

• Malcolm says:

The flying controls in Lego Marvel Superheroes were markedly less shite than those in Lego Batman 2. So unless they are feeling particularly perverse there should be some improvement…

4. Eightball says:

I saw Days of Future Past Perfect Tense over the weekend. It was pretty good as a whole, but I think most superhero movies are hamstrung by how dumb/overpowered their superpowers are. Half of them have abilities that either make no sense (Magneto can manipulate everything despite allegedly only having power over metal) or are super OP like Blink. She cuts a sentinal’s arm off with a portal, but doesn’t abuse the hell out of that. WTF.

• Optimaximal says:

It’s amazing to think that some characters would be written with a moral compass, isn’t it.

• Eightball says:

What I mean is she could’ve easily defeated the whole robot army by teleporting them in half. Instead, she never does it.

Does her moral code say she can’t intentionally harm unfeeling robots bent on genocide? Or is she just dumb?

Either way, stupid writing.

5. darkshadow42 says:

But if they make Lego Warhammer, Games Workshop would never be able to sell plastic figures again! Either that or the basic set with 5 lego men should cost a fiver.

6. AutAd says:

I´m dreaming of Lego Rambo, Lego Terminator and Lego Alien for years.