Revelatory Shock: Broforce Gets More Bros

By Nathan Grayson on May 30th, 2014 at 10:00 am.

In order to stay true to the tone and spirit of Broforce, I have decided to compose some Broforce poetry, or Broetry, as it must be known according to The Only Laws That Matter. You are required to listen to this music while reading it. OK, let us begin. Ahem:

Broforce / Like “breakfast” spoken really fast / And with more breaking things / Puts other Early Access games in the trash / And doesn’t need no stinkin’ rhyme scheme / Or meter / BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

More bros for your Broforce, bro! Two new bros, each more bro than the bro. I know, bro, I know. Knowbro, my new favorite Pokemon. Brokemon. Whoa. Broa.

The new bros are┬áBroniversal Soldier and Time Bro. There’s also a new enemy, the Mechanized Terror Unit. You can commandeer it and BLOW UP EVERYTHING, which sounds absolutely delightful.

The new update also reworks Indiana Brones, allows you to save custom levels after playing them, and makes the┬áMammoth Kopter boss “slightly less soul destroying.” Souls are good things to have, so that’s neat.

In conclusion, Broforce. Pair it with fine cheese and Vivaldi, and you’ll never have a bad day again.

, , .

1. Matt says:

“You can commandeer it and BLOW UP EVERYTHING”

Surely you mean BRO UP EVERYTHING.

2. Jerppa says:

Time Bro?

• Low Life says:

Based on Mr. Time Cop from the movie Timecop (if that’s what you’re asking).

• Jerppa says:

Thanks. I don’t remember seeing that movie.

• Spacewalk says:

You’re fortunate, 20-odd years on and I’m still trying to forget.

• Ross Angus says:

If only someone could go back in time twenty years, and destroy the VHS cassette.

• Spacewalk says:

Or take the original master copy back in time and put them next to each other.

• FoSmash says:

A time you can’t cop to?
          (sorry there’s a a pun in there somewhere)

3. Zepp says:

OOOOOOOOOOOOO YAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!

4. MrFinnishDude says:

Could there be more female bros?
    I cant think of one besides Ripley.

• Ross Angus says:

Sarah Conner
      Kaylee from Firefly
      No. 6 from BSG
      Seven of Nine
      (I don’t know how to broify any of these names)

• LennyLeonardo says:

Sarah Connor and Red Sonya spring to mind. Also Vasquez. And there’s a whole load of ladies from Hong Kong action cinema. Maybe some female X-Men would fit in, and possibly some more modern ones like Hit Girl, Nikita, the Bride, Leeloo etc.

I don’t think any of them would like to be called “bro”.

• Mokinokaro says:

More are coming. I know Sarah Connor, The Bride from Kill Bill and Cherry from Grindhouse are confirmed.

• cwoac says:

@Ross
      Sarbro conner? Sarah Broner?
      Bro. 6
      Seven of Bro? Broven of nine?

Kaylee, I admit, is hard.

Also (@lenny/mokinokaro) The Brode?

• Ross Angus says:

Your pun skills are mighty.

Jackablade says:

Wouldn’t River be a more obvious choice anyway? Kaylee isn’t exactly an arse kicking type. Not much easier to mash together with “bro” though.

• Ross Angus says:

I meant River.
          * New achievement: MAXIMUM INTERNET SHAME *

• Mokinokaro says:

The Brode is the confirmed name, I believe. And Sarah Bronner.

lowprices says:

After being impressed at Rezzed by this, I finally broke down and bought it just before the update. Really enjoying everything about it, except The Indiana Brones revamp. He was an odd character before, but now he’s just poo, much like the Indiana Jones movies OH YES I WENT THERE.

• jonahcutter says:

I balked at the Indy revamp at first too, but it grew on me.

His inexplicable flare pistol has been replaced with a hard-hitting, six-shot revolver. Which is now the special so it can run out of ammo. The whip is the standard attack. It’s weak (can’t explode things) but makes enemies panic and run around (highly entertaining). Repeated whippings kill. And it can be used to traverse around the environment, which makes him one of the more unique characters.

He makes much more sense now, and if you don’t blaze through the revolver ammo immediately (as I did the first time this new version spawned), he makes for a very effective character. One that requires some thought before you go in guns blazing.

That is kind of Broforce’s secret. It’s action-explosion-spectacle is wrapped around a game that actually requires you to consider how you’re going to attack. It rewards thought and planning. If you just go in guns, rockets, swords, lasers, dynamite-turkey blazing you’re very likely to not only kill the enemies and destroy the level, but also kill yourself. Inevitably things explode and the level changes form, which requires improvisation. For all it’s bro-ness, it has a bit of brains to go with all the brawn.

• Diatribe says:

It requires imbrovisation. Get with the Brogram!

• Phasma Felis says:

A lot of people seem to hate Brogyver ’cause he doesn’t have a straightforward “kill that guy in front of me right now” weapon, but the tactical possibilities make him one of my favorites. IIRC, he’s the only bro in the game whose primary weapon can reliably hit things below (tossing dynamite down holes) and above him (did you know you can stick dynamite to ceilings if you hold Up?). It’s fantastic for blowing up dudes who have no idea you’re even there.

6. Godwhacker says:

I bought this, but found it more than a little limp. It’s all mouth and no trousers.

Chaz says:

Oh, we don’t get to shoot Matt and Luke Goss then? Now I’m quite disappointed.

DantronLesotho says:

This can only get better with more bros

9. Neith says:

Well, this circle jerk just got a whole lot more bro-y….

Call me when the sequel, “BroFroce: Bro’s and Ho’s” is released with a playable female. Until then, this is shovelware in mine eyes.

Lo, I have spoken. Return to your forum of discussion.

10. Dominic White says:

Neith, Ellen Ripbro is already in the game (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXNgjNod7fY), and more ladybros are on the way.