FIFA 15 Trailer Highlights “Visible Breathing”, “Visible Mud”

By Graham Smith on July 4th, 2014 at 8:00 pm.

AUTHENTIC. AUTHENTIC. AUTHENTIC.

There’s little I like more than chatting with my co-workers about videogames. Why, it was just earlier today that Adam turned to me and asked, “Hey Graham, what’s your favourite gameplay feature?” I responded with something typically pithy, remarking that “My favourite gameplay features is the incredible visuals. For example the whole new level of visuals which bring fully realised arenas with Living Pitches to FIFA 15, as demonstrated in its new trailer. It’s a natural environment true-to-life look.”

Then we yelled the word “authentic” back and forth at each other for fifteen minutes. That very trailer is embedded below.

Can FIFA 15′s Living Pitch get together with Rainbow Six: Siege’s Living Hostage? The hostage could crawl around begging little robot cameras for help, each desperate scrabble dynamically marking and muddying the playing field. Or maybe the marketers who name these things should just date.

I can’t wait to play this game. Seriously! Recent iterations of FIFA have been so good. Simon Kuper writes that “football is best understood as a dance for space”, and FIFA captures that, especially when played head-to-head with another human. It’s as much about real-time tactics, finding angles, creating space and triggering runs as it is the base machinery of passing and shooting.

But no, I probably wouldn’t have otherwise noticed “incredible new features like visible breathing and hair movement.” Probably I’ll notice this year’s tweaks to player pace, turning speed and defensive manouvers, and whether any of these tweaks fix underlying control issues in the series or the overpowered crosses of FIFA 14.

In other words, the next few months are going to be insufferable, as I continue to watch each new trailer and scream against the bounds of its language and my inescapable excitement. I apologise in advance.

, , , .

1. Slabs says:

I wonder if Visible Bitemarks will make it in.

• gwathdring says:

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!

• Midi_Amp says:

Save it for Fifa 16… Also, visible winking.

• Premium User Badge Gap Gen says:

- Endemic corruption
      - Modify the legal system of your host country for personal gain
      - Sepp Blatt now the hero

• marina says:

m­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­y­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ n­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­i­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­g­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­b­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­o­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­r’­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­s ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­s­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­i­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­s­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­t­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­e­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­r­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­-­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­in-­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­law ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­makes ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$76 ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­hourly ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­on ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­the ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­computer. ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­She ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­has ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­been ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­without ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­work ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­for ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­six ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­months ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­but ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­last ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­month ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­her ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­income ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­was ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­$14418 ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­just ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­working ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­on ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­the ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­computer ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­for ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­a ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­fe­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­w ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­ho­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­urs. ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­vi­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­sit ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­t­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­h­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­e ­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­si­­­­­­te­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­……………………………………>

w­w­w.J­o­b­s7­4.c­o­m

2. Syra says:

I wonder if the timing has anything to do with the awful PES press release this week.

I don’t even like football games.

3. Premium User Badge Anthile says:

Nope. Sorry EA but your players still look like Deep One hybrids.

4. GameCat says:

Mud is new Citizen Kane of gaming.

5. Orija says:

Too Uncanny Valley for me

6. spiche says:

“kits that move realistically”

yet shorts still look like some huge PVC tubes that circunvent the thighs

on more serious matters, I hope EA can scrap at least once the annual fancy-worded no-substance features and really make a significant upgrade to the underlying game. up to then, as a FIFA fan myself I’ll just keep playing 12

7. PearlChoco says:

I don’t think there’s ever been a FIFA trailer with gameplay footage in it like how it actually looks when people play it.

Or is everyone else playing FIFA from a reversed 3rd person frog perspective?

• Premium User Badge Anthile says:

Isn’t there a “cinematic” camera you can toggle? I haven’t played a FIFA in years but it used to be part of the older ones.

• Richard Burton says:

There are various cameras yes, although that’s the ONE thing I’ve always disliked most about the FIFA series, compared to PES. PES for all its faults at least gets the live broadcast camera right, where you can set-up CPU vs CPU simulated games and have them play out somewhat like watching realistic live broadcasts (without the actual real-world match-fixing?!). So my question is, does FIFA 15 finally have a realistic live broadcast camera now, or is it the same old arcade camera like before? Having to use third-party mod tools (on the PC version at least) to fix the horrible default EA cameras is a joke.

8. Neurotic says:

Reddit’s Xboners are raging over the 5 dollah charge for the demo, heh heh.

• FurryLippedSquid says:

Which was a technical error.

• dE says:

Which, purely by accident, provides them with some very nifty data: How many idiots would pay for a demo.

• FurryLippedSquid says:

You, sir, are a cynic!

• BooleanBob says:

Well, Ground Zeroes did shift a lot of units…

• Koozer says:

They also accidentally set a price for a UFC game demo, and set different prices depending on currency region. I also hear the person responsible accidentally typed out the works of Shakespeare.

9. The First Door says:

All I could think of through the whole trailer was “didn’t it already do that?” Like the animated advertisements, I’m pretty sure they were already animated in one of the previous FIFA games?

10. FurryLippedSquid says:

Faces still look crap. Waxworks.

Expressions people, expressions! And ones that change from one second to the next!

We have the technology, boooii-ii-ii-ng.

11. Mud says:

Spinshoes

12. DanMan says:

Don’t buy anything with FIFA on it. Anything.

13. SkittleDiddler says:

What about visible diving? A soccer game without a diving option is like a birthday without a birth.

14. schlusenbach says:

Still no pools or toddlers. :(

15. Freud says:

They should sell the ball as a micro transaction. Imagine the revenue.

• Richard Burton says:

There already is different designed DLC balls to buy. You can hex-edit the code to add them yourself, though.

16. staberas says:

The only Fifa game i played was only for the sole reason to listen on the main menu music, (Blur’s – Woo hoo ).

• Ztox says:

lol ’98 Road to World Cup, I had that. It was terrible and collected dust while I played ISS/Pro Evo. Those were the days…

17. Ztox says:

Graham, would you be able to enlighten me as to what control issues you think there are? I see/hear a few people type/say this and it baffles me, the controls are fine from where I’m sitting…

Can’t…bloody…wait for this game. After trying 14 on the XBone last year only to then discover that you can’t take a goal kick without a frame rate drop (LOLOLOL) I can’t wait to be able to play with the new engine on my PC.

18. Zorlan says:

God, what a cash-cow milking series these FIFA videogames are. Maybe 2030 we will see a really realistic foot-to-ball game with Authentic Everything?

19. DXN says:

The more emotional intensity, the less player control.

Careful you don’t let ‘em get too riled up cos they’ll go fuckin NUTS.

20. AmirBan says:

i want visible nude people running on the pitch and security after them. i want visible bottle throwing at players when they are about to start a corner. long story short, i want darama,margin. there was a football/soccer game back in 90s with most of these stuff

21. ChaoticPesme says:

Yeah, realism ! While the guy (whoever he is) looks dead inside… I’d say this trailer is the biggest waste of time of this month, but hey, what can one promote in a football game besides graphics nowdays.