Wolf Apart From Us: Wolf Among Us S1 Ends Next Week

By Nathan Grayson on July 4th, 2014 at 12:00 pm.

The Long-Term Psychological Effects Of Everything In The World Being Purple, A Study By Nathan Grayson

“I should really catch up on The Wolf Among Us,” I tell myself roughly once a week. “I really like that fairly tale noir world, but I’m way behind on episodes.” Now, though, I’m wondering if I shouldn’t just wait until next week, sprinkle some bacon bits atop a heaping bowl of popcorn, and binge play the whole season. The Wolf Among Us Episode Five: Cry Wolf is about to huff, puff, and blow down all the straw, sticks, and bricks the rest of the season has laid. Will there be a season two after? No idea. For now, though, this is case closed. There’s a trailer below, which I haven’t watched because Obvious Spoiler Warning.

And here is an incredibly vague description of what the episode is about, which I’m thankful for because it is impossible to spoil yourself on this:

“Following a bloody trail of murder and corruption, Bigby Wolf confronts a powerful enemy: a dark force that has been feeding on the desperation of Fabletown’s seedy underbelly. But when hidden truths are revealed, you must decide exactly what justice means in the gripping season finale of The Wolf Among Us.”

Alec said that episode four was his favorite yet, so that probably bodes well for where things are headed. Also I just looked at his review again and there’s a picture of Bigby where his forearm’s are all mangled and bone is jutting out and grossssssss. So thanks a lot for that, Telltale and Past Alec. Way to think of how you might affect me – me personally – in the far flung future.

Wolf Among Us Episode Five will be out on July 8th, which is next Tuesday. I dearly hope it will finally answer the age old question, “Can videowolves make us cry?”

, , .

1. JFS says:

Cry wolf, and let slip the havoc of war… nah, that wasn’t it.

• mr.black says:

Do you know howl much your comment blows? Fair(l)y telling of your obsession with pun threads..

Jalan says:

Sometimes there’s an itch that just needs scratched.

In canis of emergency, pull cord and pray.

2. rpsKman says:

Can a NY wolfthing blow away the on-screen notifications? It’s a game I’d like to play one day.

3. Meats_Of_Evil says:

I can’t wait for this. I decided to buy this after wondering for so long what was the deal with those Walking Dead games and this one, I had fun with Sam and Max and Monkey Island back in the day but the point and click days were behind me. Boy was I wrong! These games represent an evolution of a genre, a future of gaming if I might say, you’re basically playing a movie. I suggest this to anyone who liked noir films like The Maltese Falcon and Chinatown.

4. Megakoresh says:

I knew it was a good idea to pick it up during the summer sale. I held off playing this game because I really dislike everything episodic, but I figured if 4 was release a month ago, 5 should be around the corner. Nice, I can start playing the whole thing next week then. Texellent!

• Quirk says:

I also picked it up during the summer sale. I think it is by a reasonable margin the purchase I’ve been most satisfied with this sale, and I’m finding myself pretty tempted to invest in the comics.

5. ender1200 says:

I would be awsome if they make a season two with a differnt character as the protagonist. There is only so much character development they can have with bigby and snow before they start threading into the comics teritory.
    Cinderella would make a great protagonist, considering her role in fabletown.

Jalan says:

Cinderella had her own spin-off (and a sequel to it) in the comics.

What they really should consider is doing something focusing on one of the villains as the player’s character.

• dE says:

I’d say a Season 2 with Frau Totenkinder would be the best. Everyone would be just a little bit weirded out by you, while you look like the nicest grandma ever from next door. And you’d get to do some… interesting things, especially considering who she is. And people would buckle under a stern glance and even Bigby would occasionally just tuck his tail and shoo off. All in the name of Fabletown of course.