Spruce Bruce: Lego Batman 3 – Beyond Gotham

By Adam Smith on July 28th, 2014 at 6:00 pm.

If I decide to journey beyond Manchester of a weekend, I might wander as far as Sheffield or Leeds. Maybe a village pub if I’m in the mood for something a little more quaint. Occasionally, I’m even tempted to heard north, across the border into Scotland. Chances are, once I get beyond the front door of my flat, I’ll land in a local drinking haunt though.

A new trailer for Lego Batman 3 shows what happens when Bruce Wayne goes ‘beyond Gotham’. It’s space. He goes to space in some sort of BatRocket. I think he goes to other dimensions as well and at one point Robin Plasticman turns into a fighter plane (which makes more sense – thanks to @rhamorim for correcting my ludicrous error). This is why Wayne is a billionaire vigilante and I’m a dishevelled games journalist. The man has ambition (and bucketloads of inherited wealth).

I am super-hyped for this, even though it’s not out until the back end of the year. I like the Lego games and I like DC Comics, even though sticking with the latter sometimes feels like more of a chore than a pleasure. Lego Batman 3 – which is essentially Lego Justice League or Lego DC – has oodles of characters, from Mister Mxyzptlk to Adam West.

Sadly, it doesn’t look like Will Arnett is on Batman duties. All Lego Batman should be Will Arnett though. In fact, all Batman should be Will Arnett.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Thirith says:

Darkness…! No parents…!

2. ribby says:

It annoys me how much of the game didn’t seem to involve very much lego

3. YogSo says:

That wasn’t Robin turned into a plane, Adam, that was Plastic Man.

• Premium User Badge Adam Smith says:

Edited after somebody pointed it out to me on Twitter. Quite how I can read a list of included characters and then assume that almost everyone in the video is either Batman, Robin or Superman I don’t know. An old fool, I am.

• rexx.sabotage says:

all legomen are Plastic Man

hows about that truth bomb, eh?

ba-boom!

4. Stardreamer says:

Will Arnett?

Please spank yourself until the requisite shame score is achieved.

Kevin Conroy. ‘Nuff said. Or if he’s not available, Diedrich Bader. Or failing that, Will Freidle. That is all.

5. Urthman says:

Sigh, based on DCUO, I had hoped video game studios had an agreement to just ignore Jim Lee’s crappy NU52 costume designs. I guess the Flash, at least, will have an authentic “baby sister scribbled on my toys with yellow marker” look.

Comment on this story