Planetside 2: Hunt With The Traitors!

By Jim Rossignol on August 11th, 2014 at 8:00 pm.

Playing Planetside 2 with RPS doesn’t have to be about purple trousers or giraffe textures, no sir. In fact it can be entirely about freedom, unfloating tanks, and impressive armour (above), thanks to Rock Traitor Shotgun, our New Conglomerate faction outfit on the newly repopulated Miller server. (Man, it was busy this weekend.) This alternative team are having a bit of a shindig on the 16th of August from 19:00 BST, and they’d like you to join. Since Planetside 2 is free, there’s nothing stopping you. Aside, perhaps, from a weakly PC. But anyway, you should join in – I shall! – because the details are all over here.

See you there.

, , .

Sponsored links by Taboola
  1. HaZiLLa says:

I like Planetside 2. It is fun.

2. frenz0rz says:

Miller got repopulated? I’m tempted to come back now.

For those still playing, what is the new continent locking system like? Has it revitalised the game by forcing people off Indar and onto other other continents which were formerly devoid of life? What’s the metagame like now?

I was considering getting back into playing regularly (NC, Miller) but got tired of fighting the same old clusterfucks around the same old chokepoints. You’d either be on the delivering or receiving end of a massive zerg which, while providing spectacle, wasn’t much fun in the long-term.

• Asurmen says:

They did a server merge between Miller and another EU server.

• Reefpirate says:

There’s a bit of controversy over some recent changes to resources and Alerts… Personally I think it’s a great time to get back into the game. There’s tonnes of vehicle combat happening, and they’re tuning the alerts to make them better (new patch today lowered capture thresholds so hopefully continents lock a little more often).

These days I find I fight on Indar about 30-40% of the time.

stoopiduk says:

Check out the RPS Planetside 2 forums and you’ll find plenty of discussion on the state of the game since the merge.

There is a definite problem with zerg and counter zerg, although with fights across 3 continents at a time now, there is often a decent fight of an acceptable size to get involved in.

Hanban says:

Yay, traitors!

4. Tom Walker says:

Everybody come and play Planetside 2. If you tried it when it first came out and weren’t too impressed, you were not wrong. But it’s good now. Really really good. And still free. Do it.

• kevinspell says:

The game is fun, but it’s the grind to get tank and airplane upgrades that gets me every time I try it.

If I can’t have fun the way I want to have fun, well I simply will not play the game. One of the reason I stopped playing BF(3), WoT and some other games. Ain’t got time for that grind…

5. Tei says:

Somewhere on north indar the devs should make a bar exactly like the tantoine one.

6. Blaaaaaaag says:

Purple cyclists, now those despicable traitors, is there no respectable RPS outfit for those with loyalty and grace and nice red hats?

stoopiduk says:

Feel free to make an outfit for the boys in red, but get used to looking at the death screen.

Giraffes and traitors are no friends, but boy do we hate those guys in red.

7. Nintyuk says:

And [ORBS] will now be right there next to you! Woodman’s top scoring NC outfit is now on Miller with you guys.