Got The Claptrap – Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

By Ben Barrett on August 14th, 2014 at 8:00 pm.

Borderlands! Apparently lots of people like it, I just happen not to know many of them. A quick RPS-chat whip round revealed a startling apathy for its cell-shaded comedy and endless weaponry. I feel like I really should love it, but just can’t get past how boring it is to play. It gains a little from co-op, clearly the supposed strength of its formula, but a game would need to be extraordinarily bad not to be fun with a group of friends.

The baitingly-titled Pre-Sequel doesn’t look to be changing much of that. It’s low-grav gimmicks and the series’ best-known characters placed in what we’ve seen before. As lazy as it is to say: if you liked that, presumably you’ll feel similarly about this. Check with the Gamescom trailer below.

It’s not all bad. I do like their trailers, particularly the music. I have a soft spot for the world as a whole too, it’s plucky and humourous in a way most future-space fictions aren’t. The characters help, all of them wonderful combinations of sci-fi and western caricatures. It’s why Tales From The Borderlands has me much more interested than another RPG-lite FPS instalment. There’s real potential, much of it unrealised, in the dark comedy universe Gearbox has built.

If you’ve still joy and love for the series in your heart, it’s out October 17th in the UK, three days after the long trip from space North America.

__________________

« | »

, , , , .

1. Discopanda says:

On the one hand, I kinda like Borderlands. On the other hand, I’m not a fan of Gearbox’s business ethics, and the DLC deluge for every title so far has really turned me off the series. Ho-hum.

…But playing as Claptrap?! With more Handsome Jack! I wonder if the story and character development will lead into the rest of the games in a believable way.

• gunny1993 says:

tbf the main DLC has been fucking fantastic, especially in #2.

The smaller DLC i can totally see your point

In fact i would go as far to say borderlands is only worth buying when dlc is out, that way you can skip some of the more boring parts of the game

for instance i’ve played through #2s story maybe 6 times, only once have i played the entire main story though.

• Discopanda says:

I bought the second game with a season pass, but never played any of the DLC. I was too annoyed by the fact that the season pass didn’t contain any of the DLC characters, and playing through the game twice felt too repetitive. Same case with Borderlands 1.

…I’m done with Season Passes, though! For reals this time.

• Blackcompany says:

I feel the same. The girl and I love Borderlands. And while she does not much keep track of gaming news, I despise Pitchford and his methods.

The problem is, when you boycott a company, you not only punish the big wigs who make the decisions. You also punish their employees, from the big wigs on down to the person who mans the front desk at the HQ.

The “little people” are the ones who pour their heart and soul into making a game. Meanwhile they have no say in the sorts of decisions Pitchford makes, such as outsourcing versus in house development. Its not up to them to decide the business practices of the company for whom they are employed. They get assignments and do their best to make great games out of the tools they are provided.

So yes…we will purchase the next Borderlands game. Because although we are so tired of Claptrap we could cry (seriously, did they NOT see how he would get old eventually) we love the game play and the fact that this game supports LAN co-op. And judging by the information we have so far, the new group seems to really want to do this right, and make it an interesting installment in the Borderlands series.

So why punish that, based on the decisions of one man? I mean Pitchford might be awful and his decision making – and cosmetic DLC milking can be horrendous – but he’s not outright punishing gamers these days, as Ubi and EA are with Uplay, Origin and “Games as a Service” models exactly no one wants.

• PopeRatzo says:

I don’t agree that boycotts are always bad. When they’re done right, they can actually make life better for the employees.

Very few of even the worst company heads actually have a death wish for their company. We have seen boycotts (and threats of boycotts and rumors of boycotts) actually do a lot of good.

At last, it comes down to learning to use the power of your consumption choices judiciously and politically. Or nothing will ever change.

2. Jason Moyer says:

I don’t know how people can play Diablo-clones solo and not enjoy Borderlands.

• Borsook says:

How? Easily. ARPG (Diablo wasn’t the first, so they aren’t Diablo clones) give you tones of loot to chose from, abilities, level-ups, in other words all the time you are making choices instead of just listening to your brain snoring like in case of borderlands.

• Bugamn says:

There were other earlier ARPGs, but I believe games like Borderlands build heavily on Diablo steps, specially when considering the loot and skill tree systems, so I guess the expression is fair to use.

• KDR_11k says:

Easy: Less interesting loot. There are fewer gear slots in BL than Diablo and fewer random modifiers, all guns behave pretty similarly and mostly differ in stats, if a weapon has some major modifier like shooting rockets then that’s that (and usually sounds more interesting than it is). Unlike Diablo loot which can do all kinds of crazy things like add various procs or weirdly alter your character stats (the artifact and class mod slots can sometimes do things like that but it’s restricted to those slots). And unlike Hellgate London you don’t get completely different weapon types at different levels, you always have the same setup of pistols, SMGs, rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns and rocket launchers (with the lines between the first four being pretty blurred).

Also Diablo (or HGL) has WAAAAAY more active skills that change the flow of combat, in BL you get one active skill with a fairly long cooldown that does one thing and only acts as a minor addition to your mainly gun based combat.

Enemies are also far less varied than in Diablo, most follow the dude with gun template and it tends to throw one type at a time at you rather than the crowds of different enemies that you face in a fantasy setting.

Borderlands is a very samey game throughout, it was worse in BL1 than BL2 but the pacing of the game still never changes (unless you maybe count vehicles but those kinda suck because they don’t interact with the ARPG mechanics…), you’re always using mostly hitscan guns to shoot at mostly hitscan enemies.

I’m comparing it to Diablo 1 and 2 by the way, not 3. I think 3 had some of the same issues that BL had.

I don’t know why I ended up buying Borderlands 2 after being bored with 1 but the increased variety did at least make it more fun. Still, I never finished it, maybe I got too burnt out on the Borderlands gameplay from the first game. I did pick up the Vita version recently (don’t, framerate sucks and it tends to crash) because mindless repetition fits the mobile playstyle better but unless BL:TPS gets a good portable version I probably won’t pick it up, I’ve had my fill.

I’ve gotten more interesting and varied loot in Earth Defense Force 2025 and that only has ~500 guns, not 87 bazillion.

• kalirion says:

That’s because Borderlands story/quest mechanics are closer to what you’d find in a MMO than most ARPGs.

A Good Diablo clone will not have you crisscrossing the same area 10 times to do quests. Instead you’ll pick up a bunch of quests in the hub, accomplish them while clearing out the area – and maybe pick up a couple additional quests in the area right next to the dungeons they relate to – and that’s it. Get your rewards, and on to the next area. No need for endless backtracking as new quests open up in areas you’ve already gone through before.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

Yep this is what really pissed me off about Borderlands 2 and why I didn’t finish it. Finished the first one because it seemed more FPS and less MMO-shooter, the endless driving around in 2 was cripplingly dull and way more prevalent than in the first. Maybe, as KDR attested to, I was a bit sick of the whole Borderlands thing after finishing the first one and all it’s DLC and that’s another reason why I did not enjoy 2 as much.
        Will probably be giving this one a miss, at least until it’s chump change in a sale.

• Spacewalk says:

No Necromancer.

3. toni says:

I love RPGs and mindless grinding either solo or in a party. I got B1 and even gave B2 a chance during a steamsale. But for me it is extremely boring. B2 did not bring anything new to the table besides a little more diverse maps. I was bored by the writing, the characters, the setting and most importantly – having only 1 skill

Character progression was to add x% to your skill or have %x chance to proc something. Which you have on guns as well, making your “action” skill even less interesting. The skilltree reminded more of an MMO than an RPG, mostly centering around above mentioned %procs/%increases and “cooldown” reductions.
    Unlimited respecs did not help either in “defining” your character.

Or maybe I am just incredibly spoiled by PathOfExile and its complexity and build-diversity.

4. dmastri says:

Gearbox has forever lost my business. Their image is tarnished beyond repair for the Colonial Marines fiasco. It’s not just that it was a terrible game; sometimes the best intentions go wrong, I get that. It’s about the way they mismanaged it, outsourced it, and then caved to Sega’s pressure to push it out the door no matter what, all while hiding behind Sega’s PR machine and never clueing anyone in that the final release would be nothing like the demos they had publicly shown or talked up.

If it wasn’t in the Alien IP I could give a shit less about a bad game. But it was in the Alien IP and announced as officially sanctioned and canonical. They were handed the keys to the kingdom and rather than embrace this they half assed it. That’s the part that’s inexcusable. Well that and taking no accountabilility… but at least it looks like the class action lawsuits against them may be successful – Sega just reached a settlement that Gearbox choose to not be part of, vowing instead to keep fighitng.

Also, though, more on topic: Borderlands was boring and grindy, and stylistically a rip-off of Codemasters: http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/03/15/from-codehunters-to-aliens-colonial-marines-how-gearbox-has-become-one-of-the-most-controversial-studios-in-the-industry/

It’s a shame they purchased up the Homeworld IP. I was rather looking forward to somebody resurrecting that. And I’d be lying if I wasn’t secretly hoping Gearbox completely shits the bed on rebooting that.

Sorry to rant.

• keithzg says:

Err, you do know they let the makers of the spiritual successor Shipbreakers (who are comprised to a large degree of people who worked on Homeworld) take on the name, no? So not to defend anything else they’ve done, but the way they seem to be “rebooting” it is to let the original creators of Homeworld use said IP. Which seems like literally the best possible outcome, no?

5. Advanced Assault Hippo says:

If you’re going to show this much obvious disinterest towards a game from the very first line – why bother even making news articles about it?

For what it’s worth, I love Borderlands and can’t wait for October. But it’s okay – you don’t have to cover certain games if you’re really not bothered about them. I wouldn’t mind.

But this just comes across like a waste of an article slot, tbh.

• montorsi says:

Indeed, what a patronizing pile of feces.

• Tridae says:

My thoughts exactly, I’m all for some subjective reviews but this is a waste of an article. Next time just pass on the news rather.

I really really dislike how sour this article is towards Borderlands, it seems quite unjustified.

• baozi says:

Yah. I just can’t get past how unnecessary it is to read.

:P

• Ben Barrett says:

Because, as I said one of the very first lines in the article, nobody else was too bothered about it either. I wanted to post about it because I know people wanted to see it, and maybe there’d be some interesting discussion in the comments that would give me a new perspective. I take absolutely nothing away from you for liking it – in fact, I’m jealous, because I feel I should based on everything about it appealing to me except how boring I find it.

• Advanced Assault Hippo says:

Well, I know loads of PC gamers who adore the game. Pretty much every gaming community has plenty who love it.

I sometimes wonder whether the RPS team need to perhaps expand their retinue a bit, not in terms of numbers but where it comes to gaming interests? To me it seems bizarre to be embedded in the world of gaming and not know anyone who likes the Borderlands series. I can’t quite work that one out…

It just would have been more positive to have someone writing about the game who could perhaps extoll its virtues and be enthusiastic about it. Because the game does have many strengths and a huge following.

If you’re going to come across *that* disinterested in a news article, I think it reaches a point where you might as well not write the article in the first place.

• evyatron says:

I have to agree with the other comments. I LOVE Borderlands 2. It has an amazingly cool world, very humorous and full of pop-culture references, good music and atmosphere. The characters feel unique and quirky, both heroes and villains.

I also like the gameplay itself. It’s fast paced, there’s a lot of loot in varying levels and I actually love the character progression. I’ve played 3 different characters and each of them played differently.

I’m currently playing it in Co-op with the missus and we both enjoy it very much, with friends dropping in and out.

This entire article indeed feels like “I don’t know anyone who likes this game – why are you even reading this?”. And I don’t see the point. If you want to write about the Pre-Sequel – either give it to someone who actually cares about the game, or write cold facts.

6. Wytefang says:

100% onboard with Ben’s assessment of the series. I find it nifty to look at (love the cel-shading thing) but it just doesn’t grab me like every other Action RPG does. Not sure why.

Can’t stand the stupid robot thing – he’s completely unfunny and perhaps worse, is uninteresting.

The world they crafted was fairly mundane as well and overall, things just felt extremely “meh” in story terms.

In fact, I think it’s safe to say that GearBox has consistently underwhelmed me in nearly everything they’ve done.

• Wytefang says:

Honestly, who could forget when their snake-oil salesman Pitchford made the laughable claim with the first Borderlands that the “lead platform” was the PC. When the game launched, it was a laughably bad PC port, just terrible. Then they botched Colonial Marines and what’s even more tragic they somehow, horrifically, landed one of the more beloved PC franchises in Homeworld. I’m terrified to see how badly they screw that one up.

• Smoky_the_Bear says:

I think you are being a bit biased there. There was nothing about Borderlands that could be considered a “terrible” port. Ok it wasn’t a technically innovative marvel, but it ran well, didn’t crash, wasn’t buggy, mouse/keyboard controls worked perfectly well. To call it a terrible port compared to some of the garbage that has been released for the PC is unfair.

7. Tridae says:

God people are negative towards any franchise that seems to do well, I thoroughly enjoyed Borderlands 1 and 2. They’re brimming with personality and fun. You guys sound so sour . . mean really. . .

The main DLCs are awesome and the smaller ones are good for a chuckle if you pick em up cheap.

The new pre-sequel is a instant buy from me and my friends – more of the same with different characters and some new ‘gimmicks’ (as Ben so cynically called it) like low grav sound amazingly fun and a good way to mix things up.

Guess it’s just cool to hate Gearbox .. .

• HadToLogin says:

Most negativity comes from the fact they are making sequel and they still didn’t made Complete Edition. Looking forward for nick’n'diming they will put in 3rd game.

• Ben Barrett says:

I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who less holds a grudge against companies. I’ve barely said a bad word about Blizzard and they spent my childhood emptying my bank account.

The negativity is my opinion on the games from having played the first quite a bit trying to get into it and the second a little to see if anything had changed. It has nothing to do with trying to be cool.

I’m plenty cool.

• fish99 says:

Why did anything need to change? It was a well reviewed and well received game. And IIRC it’s the #1 rated PC game on co-optimus. Yes it’s a fairly dull single player game, but that’s because it’s not a single player game, it’s designed for co-op. Just like Diablo 2 is god damn dull in single player but great in co-op.

8. Chaoslord AJ says:

I liked BL2. It’s like Diablo with shooting. Esp. the one DLC with Tina was fun where everyone is playing a tabletop pen and paper RPG and D&D, Game of Thrones, WOW, Dark Souls and every RPG possible was mixed in a pot of laughter. Was brilliant and lengthy.

9. Werthead says:

I’m immensely looking forward to this coming out. Not because I give a flying monkey head about BORDERLANDS, but because presumably when it does they can finally start talking about HOMEWORLD again. The silence on that front has been deafening in recent months.

10. TonyB says:

I’m surprised by the number of people describing the script and characters as uninspiring. As I’ll continue to say to anyone who’ll listen, Borderlands 2 is the best written game in years, for me beating any of the recent adventure games and far outstripping anything Bioware and other RPG makers have come up with. Handsome Jack and Tiny Tina are both darkly comic works of genius (dark in very different ways) and are worth the price of admission alone.

The big problem the game has is it’s incredibly keen to deliver said writing when there’s so much action going on you can’t focus on it, plus it’s very easy to accidentally move into another trigger and skip bits inadvertently. The latter is particularly problematic in co-op, which is why I go completely against the grain and say I enjoy it far more in single player.

As you might expect from the above, I’m hugely looking forward to Tales from the Borderlands, but quite frankly I just want more of that writing in any form, so I’m just as much looking forward to this.

• Schiraman says:

Yeah, I have to agree – the writing in Borderlands 2 is excellent, and well worth the price of admission on its own. I especially enjoyed the Tiny Tina DLC, which is literally the only time I’ve felt that another form of media actually got tabletop roleplaying and saw both what is ridiculous about it and what is wonderful – from an insider’s perspective. Also: both very funny, and genuinely moving in places.

As for the gameplay – well… I enjoy it. But I do agree that it could do with something to spice things up. The guns are too similar to each other and there’s not enough really exciting loot, and the character abilities are completely overshadowed by the guns.

That said, BL2 is really a lot better than BL1 – so with any luck the series will continue to improve. Not sure if the Pre-Sequel will really move things forward, but looks like it’ll be fun regardless.

• SuicideKing says:

I agree with both of you – I found the writing excellent in BL2 (never played 1).

Also, the legendary guns are quite interesting, though unfortunately rare.

I think all the main quests sort of require you to level up doing side quests (that are interesting at times, too) but I think a lot of people bounce off the game before they realise that.

It’s got great music too.

p.s. Plus i’ve got 130 hours of game play from a $15 purchase, so even from a pure value standpoint, it’s awesome. Missed picking up a few headhunter packs for $4-5 during the summer sale.

11. PopeRatzo says:

I can’t tell if Borderlands was any good because the game’s art gave me such a bad headache. It actually made me sad.

From descriptions (and the very brief time I played it), I’m thinking it would have been a game I loved, had it not been so hard to look at.

12. magicwalnuts says:

Borderlands 1 was a downright bad game. One of the worst 60 dollar purchases I have ever made. Borderlands 2 was marginally better, but still boring. It doesn’t help that its insanely self serious story is badly conveyed and is littered with a butt ton of horrible jokes.

13. mariandavid says:

Great game(s) – as long as you just want to enjoy life, care little about its internal logic or just like endlessly shooting strange creatures in ever more bizarre ways. But as said not games for the serious gamer perhaps, or for those who cannot abide inventive or even slapdash humour – but their obvious success shows that those are in the minority.

Must say I thought the Gearbox attitude towards DLC’s in B2 was both fair and mature. You knew exactly what you would get and you got what was promised and more.

14. Ejia says:

Steam tells me I have over a hundred hours on the first one, so I must’ve liked it a little bit. My issue is with the energy weapons, which made you slow and just didn’t feel fun. Perhaps there are better shiny energy shooty things in the second?

Also, Claptrap is below Wheatley on the list of little robots I’d hop into bed with. But only just.

• Eight Rooks says:

I have nearly sixty hours on the second, and I didn’t particularly like it. Polished, some vaguely interesting things to gawp at, an amusing diversion, but yeah, as others have said, bland, tedious, not funny. And the “A BAJILLION BAJILLION GUNS!!1!!1″ thing just gets on my nerves: it’s a far worse marketing sin than almost anything Ubisoft or EA have ever done, to my mind. It. Is. Demonstratably, disingenuous nonsense, yet no-one ever calls them out on it.

I’ve put more than a hundred hours into Path of Exile and really, really enjoyed them, because that has a far more interesting world that’s not just a grab-bag of meaningless genre clichés, it has characters worth caring about with far more depth when it only has a tenth of the dialogue, if that, it offers far more of a challenge and remains consistently engaging, it offers far more scope to customise my character the way I want… it’s still a blatant Diablo knockoff with a tiresome fixation on gore, a story that’s been done a million times, kinda unbalanced classes and some nasty difficulty spikes, but it’s just the better game, to my mind.

Thinking of Graham’s opinion piece from yesterday I’d say Borderlands, for all its self-conscious wackiness, is far more the smooth jazz of gaming than Assassin’s Creed has ever been, for me. It’s comfort food. It’s an arrow comparison simulator. It’s a loot dispenser with a thin veneer of game and some terrible jokes tacked on for people who don’t want anything more than that and it’s completely review-proof.

(I didn’t get to the Tiny Tina DLC and I admit I found the idea interesting – but why the hell would I care about Tina or her grief, exactly? She’s a cartoon, nothing more, and the character she misses is so bland and uninteresting I can hardly believe I’m actually trying not to spoil it for people. If it’s anything like every other terrible attempt of the game’s to make me feel something I’m fairly sure I’d find Dragon Keep pretty underwhelming too.)

• TonyB says:

Describing Tiny Tina as nothing more than a cartoon means you missed the various elements of her backstory that are hidden through the game. There’s a reason why losing someone hits her so hard, and her attempting to cope with that is actually a major focus of the Dragon Keep DLC.

• Eight Rooks says:

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERY SPOILERS, if anyone’s bothered, because I’m tired of being told I missed everything and I just didn’t see what’s so scintillatingly brilliant about the writing and all the rest of it.

Roland is a non-entity who does nothing to make him a cartoon, much less a regular human being. There’s nothing there to make the silly “Oh, look, Lilith’s trying to hit on him” skits remotely worth caring about. The characters barely talk about anything beyond killing Jack (and when they do it’s mostly for comic relief or to excuse killing people who aren’t Jack) and nothing in the world remotely supports the idea this place could ever be “normal”, so why on earth I’m supposed to be moved in any sense by a respite from shooting things I have no idea.

Tina’s parents got killed by the mutant you help her capture, who she tortures, which was the experience that drove her insane. And? Who cares? Again, there is nothing in the game to even hint at a “normal”, an existence where this kind of thing isn’t merely the status quo. There’s nothing about the writing to suggest Tina was ever sane in the first place. She’s just another silly take on the “Oh, a small child doing terrible things and laughing about it” idea only with a sheen of TORTURED BACKSTORY that’s so god damned thin it’d waft away in the breeze.

It’s a nothing. It’s a nonsense. It’s just people looking at the idea, the thought that this is a character trying to distract themselves from their grief, and being so taken with that idea they convince themselves there’s more to back it up than is actually the case. It’s a good idea! Kudos to Gearbox to coming up with it, and I’ll eat my words if I actually do ever play the thing and there’s enough real characterisation to back it up, to make Roland into a person who I can believe someone would actually miss if he vanished off the face of the earth, or Tina into a believable portrayal of someone trying to cover up a profound, deep-seated trauma. But based on everything else I’ve seen I’m not holding my breath.

• TonyB says:

I never claimed Roland was particularly interesting, although I don’t find him offensively poor. The B1 returning characters aren’t the correct place to look as far as I’m concerned.

“There’s nothing about the writing to suggest Tina was ever sane in the first place.”

This is specifically untrue, that part of the backstory is in there if you look for it. It’s not my intention to come across as condescending (and I completely understand why you felt I was and took offence), but I’m just trying to explain why I feel the writing is worth everyone’s time – the depth is in there, but you do have to hunt for some of it.

I don’t have any issue with people not enjoying the game enough to want to look for the secrets. I find the actual combat in the game is something I struggle with in terms of whether I’m actually enjoying it minute-to-minute, and if you just find the characters irritating (or at least don’t instantly click with the game’s sense of humour) then it’s perfectly valid not to give it the extra time. However, that’s not the same thing as the writing being bad, and I’m always keen to get across that it’s actually excellent even if some people are just going to bounce off it.

• SuicideKing says:

Yup, there was a bandit dude who killed her family and stuff. Don’t remember the details, but I watched her electrocute him to death at a tea party so…yeah.

Anyway, completely agree with TonyB.

• WHS says:

I don’t think that the idea is that characters are breaking new ground, but that they’re presented with unusual sophistication for an ultraviolent cartoon shooter. A lot of thought went into every aspect of the game, including characterization, which isn’t immediately evident because everyone initially seems to embody one of a handful of stereotypes. Even comparatively minor players (Captain Scarlet?) have distinct and interesting personalities.

Roland aside, obviously.

15. Kollega says:

Contrary to what some think, Borderlands is okay to play, especially with friends – but I would never describe it as “plucky and humourous”. The first part is pretty humorless, all things considered, and the humor of the second part is “hahaha people are assholes, and Handsome Jack is the assholest of them all”. If you want plucky and humorous, go play Ratchet & Clank.

16. SuicideKing says:

I frankly loved Borderlands 2, and so did Jim, back when the game launched.

The DLC was quite fantastic, and the writing in general is quite smart. Gearbox somehow manage to avoid most pitfalls and stereotypes of game writing as well.

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon’s Keep got me more emotional towards the end than Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, simply because by that time you’re familiar with Tina, know her back story and appreciate her character.

17. fish99 says:

I can see why some people don’t like Borderlands, personally I couldn’t get more than a few hours into the single player, but they’re consistently rated the best co-op games around. We must have finished Borderlands about 5 times co-op and the DLCs twice, and Borderlands 2 * we’ve played twice including all the DLC once. There’s isn’t enough good co-op games.

(* the story in Borderlands 2 was dreadful though, but they’re not games you play for the story)

• TonyB says:

As you can see above, there are definitely those of us that play these games for the story.

• fish99 says:

***Spoilers***

So how did you like them changing angel from an automated satellite to a siren? That’s just treating your audience as idiots to go changing something fundamental like that. Then most of the B2 story was just gathering up all the characters from B1. Then the stupid way they killed off Roland (which you just stood there and watched, thus reminding you that your own character is inconsequential to the story, and why didn’t Roland just res like he did the hundreds of times he died in B1?), and the completely predictable way Lilith was captured. I found it all dumb and annoying.

I also found Jack annoying since you had to listen to him every 2 minutes for the whole game.

18. Vacuous says:

I would’ve thought that RPS would’ve been shouting from the rooftops that the majority of playable human characters are female. Or are they misogynist for missing that point?

19. TomxJ says:

I for one cannot wait! More Borderlands is always good in my my book. Its one of the franchises that I can really get into, it just makes me so happy!

20. Stevostin says:

“Borderlands! Apparently lots of people like it, I just happen not to know many of them. A quick RPS-chat whip round revealed a startling apathy for its cell-shaded comedy and endless weaponry. ”

You must be kidding, right ?

What does this calendar mean, then ? Bollocks ?

Comment on this story