PDA

View Full Version : FUMBBL (Blood Bowl) Thread. Always looking for fresh meat!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ian
03-06-2011, 10:05 AM
Right then. This is the FUMBBL thread.

I've stuck Blood Bowl in the title in the hope of enticing people interested in BB but dunno what FUMBBL is and so ignore us.

All the reg'lars know what we're up to so here's some info for any potential newbies.

FUMBBL
http://fumbbl.com/
It's Blood Bowl! It doesn't have 3D shinies, but other than it's superior to the Cyanide game in a vast number of ways, depending on what you're looking for. It doesn't hide so many of the rules from you, works out some of the dice roll maths on your behalf, has better stat tracking for teams and players, lends itself better to naming teams and players after a theme, etc.

RPS FUMBBL Group
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6940

If you're joining to play with us then any teams you want to enter into RPS tournaments and also for a better chance of getting "friendly" games with us lot then you'll be wanting to create teams in the "League" division (that's an option when you're making a team, can't miss it.)

We have a rough schedule of four league-based tournaments for teams at different levels, but if you happen to join at a point in the "calendar" when it's higher-level teams you shouldn't have too much problem getting games with us to progress your team a bit if you so desire.

Arranging friendlies
We usually just work on a basis of either posting in here that we're looking for games or nudging each other on Steam.

So, as the title says we're always looking for new folk to join in. We're a friendly bunch with a very forgiving schedule in our tournaments (i.e. if you have a busy week you won't be forced to forfeit a game) and are always willing to offer any help or advice should it be needed. So JOIN US.

Ian
03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm wondering if it might be worth making an RPS FUMBBL group on there so as to differentiate us from people playing the Cyanide game, and so people don't have to guess at our Steam IDs.

Also, BB Code is switched off so that top post is a bit ugly at the moment. _

Have I missed anything that needs to go in the top post?

cwoac
03-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Have I missed anything that needs to go in the top post?

If you are trying to help its visibility, you could tag the thread accordingly...

[EDIT]
Hah! and the quote button inserts bbcode by default. Leaving it in for context.

Ian
03-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Good call. Tag'd.

pakoito
03-06-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm still in, I was obviously joking on the old forum.

Janek
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Dear opponent: It's 6 vs 11. I don't think it's really necessary to need three and a half minutes per turn.

Especially given that at any one time, two or three of those six will be stunned.

Ian
04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
C'mon Janek, how can you you expect him which single player of yours not to double-team in a mere 4 minutes!?

justagigolo
04-06-2011, 02:26 PM
The new forum is so SHINY. Anyways, lets see if we can turn this into one of the longest running threads again. I am up for some fresh carnage.

Ian
04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Me and Justa just played an.... interesting game. It was 1-1 at half time and between us we had rolled a hilarious number of 1s and generally just failed a lot of stuff. This started the same briefly after half time until Nuffle obviously got bored of all this "share the wealth" nonsense and the coin he flipped came up elf. Justa's slann proceeded to spend 6 turns rolling skulls, failing pick-ups, walking into glass doors, etc.

Ended 4-1.

laneford
04-06-2011, 09:54 PM
RIP old MASSIVE thread.

Janek
06-06-2011, 05:37 PM
Went Borak + Wizard in my WIBBL game. Time to biff some ogars.

Janek
06-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Borak got my only two cas (apart from a snotling killed in turn 16). Money well spent I guess. Only just pulled off a win, though, as I went into autopilot and made a block when I meant to sling a fireball, so had to settle for a less suitable position the next turn.

Ian
06-06-2011, 07:06 PM
Wins is wins. :)

Rakysh
06-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Erm, hello. I've stuck in a team, just wondering if anyone fancied a game? It's a while since I've FUMBBL'd, but I'd like to get back in to it.

Ian
06-06-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm a bit tied up this evening (potentially) with a game of Cyanide-flavour BB but if you're still about later and you've not nabbed anybody else for a game I might be able to play one. :)

Add me on Steam (ianwelby) if you like, that's the most reliable way of nudging me (and most of us in here) for a game.

Rakysh
06-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Thanks, will do.

Ian
06-06-2011, 10:12 PM
What do we think for Dion (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7403231), chaps? Multiple Block (two 2-dice blocks on ST3 with relative ease) or Break Tackle (ST6 for cage-busting.)

laneford
06-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Break tackle.

Also Ian neglects to mention that the sheds are back

duff
06-06-2011, 10:23 PM
What do we think for Dion (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7403231), chaps? Multiple Block (two 2-dice blocks on ST3 with relative ease) or Break Tackle (ST6 for cage-busting.) Whats the dodge roll for strength 6 going into 3 TZ's? I think its 3+, even so with loner it won't be that reliable?

Ian
07-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Stupid sheds, breakin' mah mens. :( I had really bizarre luck. I made approximately three zillion 3+ and 4+ dodges but my block dice went rapidly downhill at the same time after they'd started well. Including removing Landis for the game in turn 1 or 2.

Also set my flings against Rakysh's norse and got a predictable thumping, but I DID get a one-turn touchdown after a touchback and a successfully thrown halfling. :D

Whats the dodge roll for strength 6 going into 3 TZ's? I think its 3+, even so with loner it won't be that reliable?

3+ if the cage is entirely in tact and I need to try something desperate (in which case a 1+, 2+ and then a two-dice block (probably) is still better than most desperate gambles, but unless I've made a complete pig's ear of it and have nobody by the cage I'd be hopefully only needing to dodge into two TZs with some helpful shoving. Alternatively, just use the ST6 to get away from whoever's marking him (as there's a chance somebody will be) and get TO the cage.

duff
07-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Hmm yeh it does sound like you would get the most utility out of break tackle. Think I'm gonna give my krox that so I can stick his prehensile tail in awkward spots.

Ian
07-06-2011, 12:15 PM
The main thing that was making me wonder about multiple-block is the (theoretically) increased income of SPPs and it helps him tie up even more guys but I think I'm leaning toward break tackle.

justagigolo
07-06-2011, 04:31 PM
The way multiple block works, also makes it a fairly ridiculous cage breaker. If my understanding is correct, the defenders do not need to be standing next to each other any more, thus you can easily remove two corners of the cage exposing the ball carrier to all sorts of man marking. Even if that falls, it can heavily stall the cage's advancement. Granted, this will probably require blitzing with an ogre, which is always a recipe for heartbreak. And as you said, it could increase the speed he skills up, perhaps allowing him to get break tackle in the near future.

Ian
07-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Can you multi-block on a blitz, though? I was under the (possibly incorrectly!) impression it was only from a stand.

DECISIONS.

Ian
08-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Right, shall we try and get this tourney sorted for this weekend since Janek's actually created it?

Janek, Jim, Justa, Laneford, Pakoito, Rakysh and myself have all been about and posting in here, etc. and I think Fede and disperse both posted relatively recently in ye olde forum so that's nine of us if we can rouse them. Or if we're not looking likely to get started this weekend we can make a collective effort to give pakoito and Rakysh some games with whichever team they're hoping to take into the Open to get 'em some levels. :)

Rakysh
08-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I would definitely be in for that sort of thing, yeah. And a match or two to improve the boys would be really nice, once I've got the runners in I'll feel good to go.

justagigolo
08-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Considering how many new players we have, do we want to put a bit of a cap on the TV. Say something in the 1300 or 1500 range. It might not be the best welcoming party to bring out some of our near 2k level teams. I mention this even though I desperately want to get some bloodletting going with my necros.

pakoito
08-06-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm kind of available this weekend, and my summer vacations start on the 15th :p I'm not sure about my faction yet, but I seem to like slow but reliable teams: dwarves, chaos dwarves or undead maybe.

Rakysh
08-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Yeah, while I do sort of like the idea of 1,000,000 worth of rerolls, apoths, bribes and wizards, I like the idea of a 200 tv necro team somewhat less.

Ian
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I assume nothing'll happen if RPS Open IV just sits unused until we're ready, so presumably we could just start with the Pro Tour (our mid-range tourney, for the new folks) and get the teams built up to that?

Also, do we just take the TV limits of the old tournaments and add a zero (so we have 125, 1600 and uncapped) or will we need to move the goalposts a little to suit things better? I'm not sure what level it is that teams really start to advance into something good but 1500, 1600TV sounds about right.

I guess we're also down to a three-tournament schedule now until stunties are sorted out one way or the other for [L] and we can reintroduce the stunties to the RPS calendar.

I'm kind of available this weekend, and my summer vacations start on the 15th :p I'm not sure about my faction yet, but I seem to like slow but reliable teams: dwarves, chaos dwarves or undead maybe.

Is that "This is when I'm going somewhere I won't have internet for x weeks"-vacation or "this is when I finish work/school/whatever for a while"-vacation? Either way, as I stressed in the top post we're not a demanding bunch in terms of getting tournaments finished and we don't set day or week limits per round.

Not least because we usually use.... er... whatever the format's called that just lets you play who you like whenever. So if you look here (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&at=&group=6940&p=tournaments&show=28954) you'll see it's not laid out by rounds, it's just picking a game you haven't played yet at a time that suits you and your opponent. :)

pakoito
08-06-2011, 05:03 PM
It means I'll be available most nights during week to play, and some few weekends. I usually am online this days too but I don't go into steam to talk because it lags my netbook a bit too much.

pakoito
08-06-2011, 07:25 PM
Plan everything, position your players, do the best strategy, do a whole turn without rolling dice. Fail the GFI on the touchdown line, alone. It's the 4th game on a row that I lose because of the dice.

Rakysh
08-06-2011, 07:51 PM
Ah, I feel your pain. Just lost to someone fairly incompetent on dice alone; turns with eight two-dice-blocks, and no knockdowns, and the dreaded "short kick + blitz kick off roll".

pakoito
08-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I'm not the best on the playground but this guy kept mispositioning his players turn after turn, I could tackle him the ball out to fail a GFI with it (again), just to see him roll 6-6-3-6 to dodge, pickup, fieldpass and catch. Also, one mummy and a zombie bad injured and one wraith dead in undead team. Back to the box.

Ian
08-06-2011, 08:20 PM
On the flip side, we all get games where we deserve nothing more than a pasting and get the win. It all evens out in the end. :)

Janek
08-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Okay yeah um let's call it a cap of 1500 for Tournament Weight.

Do we want to try any of the optional rules? I'm happy leaving it vanilla, if PO starts looking too much of an issue we can tweak that next time.

Post that you're in by the weekend. I'll probably dive in with some Norse.

Ian
08-06-2011, 11:48 PM
What optional rules do we have, then?

EDIT: In fact, I could just look. _ Though unless they're in the FAQ it might be worth posting for everyone else anyway.

Janek
08-06-2011, 11:54 PM
<table border="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="2">Sneaky Git functions like Guard on foul assists.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">+1 on the foul roll if the fouling player is not interfered.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Right Stuff prevents the Tackle skill when blocked.</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">Piling On rerolls do not get modified by skills.</td></tr></tbody></table>

Ian
09-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Ah. I don't think I'd personally want any of the other three anyway (even if they do make some sense, at least flavour-wise.)

Not sure about the PO one... I can't remotely fathom the maths for it off the top of my head to know what effect it has. :-P

laneford
09-06-2011, 12:17 AM
Oh, I'm in. Not sure who with yet. But I'm in.

Rakysh
09-06-2011, 07:04 AM
In that case, anyone up for a game this afternoon some time to boost my norse up? They weigh 1040, link is here (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=657799)

Ian
09-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Oh, obviously I too am in.

I can't play this aftie, Rakysh, but I'd be surprised if nobody could.

pakoito
09-06-2011, 11:43 AM
I can so we can both boost our teams. Look for me in the IRC channel in fumbbl and we'll meet.

justagigolo
09-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I am a bit undecided about who to bring to the party. The most competitive team I have, is probably the least interesting with my undead. If I feel like putting my head through a wall, my vampires are just shy of the 1500 mark. I would even consider bringing my goblins, but right now I think we have at least 2 norse teams to tear through them. Perhaps with a bit of luck I can squeeze in a game or two before we kick things off and clear up my choices.

ColOfNature
09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I only ever played Blood Bowl twice, against someone else who didn't know what he was doing, 20 years ago. But I've signed up to fumbbl and I'm reading the rulebook and noob guides. Once I've done that I'll put together a team or two and start looking for games.

justagigolo
09-06-2011, 04:26 PM
Welcome to the party. I am loving all the new players, and can not wait to get this tourney going. If I catch any of the newer guys online, I more than happy to offer up some goblins for the punching.

Ian
09-06-2011, 04:34 PM
I only ever played Blood Bowl twice, against someone else who didn't know what he was doing, 20 years ago. But I've signed up to fumbbl and I'm reading the rulebook and noob guides. Once I've done that I'll put together a team or two and start looking for games.

Hoorah! More newness. :)

I need to grab Laneford at some point in an attempt to exact my revenge for the consecutive pastings he has given me, but otherwise I'll reiterate that the new folk should feel free to get me on Steam (ianwelby) if I'm about and get some warm-up games in.

laneford
09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
I'll echo that invite, if anyone wants a game, send me a message/carrier pigeon on steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/laneford) if I'm online.

Also, I'm rubbish. I'll try to pass the ball with anyone at mostly inappropriate and unsuitable moments.

(and in the game, etc.)

Janek
09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Right okay here we go, Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpsfumbbl

Bam.

Jiiiiim
09-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Joined up to the steam group. I would be in favour of the piling on modification to be honest but I doubt it'll be an issue in a league format as it is in the Box.

I may have to make a new team here, all I've got that's ready is Nurgle and nobody wants that

Ian
09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Joined the group. :)

Rakysh
09-06-2011, 07:12 PM
I'm up for a game now with the aforementioned team, if anyone is interested.

pakoito
09-06-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm up for a game now with the aforementioned team, if anyone is interested.Look for me here http://www.fumbbl.com/javachat3.php

Ian
09-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Some proper BB for me and Laneford there. 2-2 and we both lost one of our TD scorers to... well... death. My goblin died after being dropped by my ogre and Laneford's elf died heroically getting trampled by an angry minotaur.

laneford
09-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Some proper BB for me and Laneford there. 2-2 and we both lost one of our TD scorers to... well... death. My goblin died after being dropped by my ogre and Laneford's elf died heroically getting trampled by an angry minotaur.

It was quite the epic draw.

Rakysh
09-06-2011, 10:36 PM
I had a surprisingly successful match vs Pakioto's dwarves with my norse. He rolled terribly throughout and I was rather lucky, killing one and seriously injuring another, while my much flimsier norsemen were unharmed other than a BH Ulfwerener. An AG+ for a lineman as well as Mighty Blow for a Berserker and block on the other Ulfwerener, along with a newly purchased runner, has opened up a great many new strategies. Pakioto accepted his bad luck with good grace and cheerfulness which was really nice to see.

pakoito
09-06-2011, 10:38 PM
Cheerfulness? I'm a whinny bitch and got three AV9 guys injured or dead on their first game xD

Rakysh
09-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Believe me, I've played much much more miserable bastards.

Ian
10-06-2011, 09:17 AM
This is how you whine in FUMBBL:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3164822

Ian
10-06-2011, 12:30 PM
Laneford has become my most-played opponent. *gasp*

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=coachopp&coach=108181

Rakysh
10-06-2011, 03:42 PM
Ok, the boys ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=657799 ) could do with just one more match before anything tournament-looking at the weekend. Anyone up for a game?

Ian
10-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Oooh, if only it were a 1600 TW cap I'd have had some interesting teams available.

As it is I'm looking at either chaos or dark elves.

How much would my TW be likely to shoot up for one not-too-horrendous game as these (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=625580) do we think? If I can fairly safely give 'em a game to get rid of that journeyman without zooming over 1500 I'd do it, otherwise I'll not bother (assuming I want to use them for the tourney.)

Rakysh
10-06-2011, 04:16 PM
To my novice's eye they should be ok; only Clayton Riddell and Kurt Barlow look likely to level up, although it would depend on where the MVP landed. I don't think you should go over the 1500, especially seeing as you'd spend your cash on getting rid of the journeyman and so not incur any more tv that way. 100 tv is like three or four rank ups I think, depending on stat boosts I think, and I can't see that team getting that many. Unless it's an eight nil rout, which is after all not impossible.

justagigolo
10-06-2011, 04:28 PM
I don't think you have anything to worry about in terms of them exceeding the cap Ian. Worse case scenario you can burn the cash you have lying around since it counts towards the tournament weight.

Jiiiiim
11-06-2011, 06:25 PM
Four games in and my Slann (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658354) have been murderised twice but seem pretty adept at actually winning things. Bouncy catchers are so good.

I may have put Justa off Slann forever though >_> (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3166843)

potatoedoughnut
11-06-2011, 10:35 PM
Just signed up for FUMBBL and submitted a team to the RPS group (FUMBBL and Steam). I've played the Cyanide game some, but haven't done FUMBBL before.

I don't think I'll have time for a game today, but I'll poke around for some matches later :)

ColOfNature
11-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Right then. My orcses, the Filthy Rabble (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658167), are chomping at the bit (or maybe gnawing on a halfling). If someone wants to put them through their paces tomorrow you can give me a shout on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/colR/). Unless you're chicken.

justagigolo
11-06-2011, 10:44 PM
No worries Jim, you haven't provoked me to do anything drastic like retire them. Perhaps witnessing frogs do proper frog like things will inspire my team a bit. You know, actually land a leap some time in a living fashion rather than head first. A man can dream. I love the krox though, he is shaping up to be the most competent big guy I have ever fielded.

And potatoedoughnut, welcome to the fray. Hopefully we can get you a couple of welcoming matches going.

Ian
12-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I just put Janek on the business end of one of the gentlest nufflings I've ever seen. A 3-2 win for me, and while I broke wood elf armour (at a rough estimate) 397 times I only actually hurt two players, both of which were BH.

Right then. My orcses, the Filthy Rabble (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658167), are chomping at the bit (or maybe gnawing on a halfling). If someone wants to put them through their paces tomorrow you can give me a shout on Steam (http://steamcommunity.com/id/colR/). Unless you're chicken.

I completely didn't spot your offer of a THROWDOWN. I'll probably not play another tonight but I shall endeavour to remember and meet your challenge tomorrow.

In the meantime hopefully another will step up tonight and show that we're not a bunch of yella-bellied, lily-livered, custard-coloured cads.

Rakysh
12-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Do we have an ETA for the tournament? The boys are primed and ready to hit/flee depending on opponent at a cool 148 tv.

Ian
13-06-2011, 09:59 AM
My dark elves are also ready to go after that hair-tousling I gave Janek's woodies.

Me, Janek, Rakysh, justa all seem to be good to go I think. I guess Jim is planning to play as his new Slann, Laneford I'm not sure (levelling his delves too?) pakoito doesn't have any [L] teams and both potatoedoughnut and ColOfNature have but haven't got any games yet.

I am available tonight if anybody who needs games would like to organise one. I have some halflings I'm happy to offer up for anybody to beat on and try to get some SPP out of for fast levelling so if anybody'd like a game tonight let me know. Priority goes to pakoito, PD and CON as they all need the most games. :)

pakoito
13-06-2011, 12:35 PM
I made a [L] team but had to scrap it, and I won't be able to play until thursday or so. Sorry.

laneford
13-06-2011, 05:35 PM
I need a few games training still with either my Dark Elves, Lizards, or Pro Elves (or Chaos Pact if we're not starting until end of this week) I'll be cruising for games on steam all evening for all who are interested.

Rakysh
13-06-2011, 05:47 PM
I've got a fresh wood elf team I'd be happy to feed you. Interested?

ColOfNature
13-06-2011, 05:55 PM
I'll be busy tonight and most of tomorrow, but come tomorrow night if I can keep myself awake I'll come looking for someone to give my lads a chance to put some points on the board.

justagigolo
13-06-2011, 07:42 PM
As long as no one enters a dwarf team, I will bring my goblins for comic relief/heartbreak/spp harvesting. Considering that I was recently bestowed a 4 agility goblin, I am anxiously awaiting his grim, yet hilarious end. Nuffle toyed with me a bit while I was playing against Jim yesterday, while giving me the illusion that I may in fact pull off a 1-1 tie, but it was clearly not meant to be. Jim is just plain dangerous with a team of leaping maniacs at his disposal. Be afraid, be very afraid!

pakoito
13-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm using a dwarf team if I can :P

laneford
13-06-2011, 08:19 PM
jim is just plain dangerous with a team of leaping maniacs at his disposal.

And in the game!

Jiiiiim
13-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I just love how, even with two players left on the pitch, you have a chance

Ian
13-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Right well, as much as we were hoping for a start the weekend just gone shall we aim for the coming weekend and get some proper training done and see if we can't get everyone up to speed?

potatoedoughnut
13-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I'm around this evening if someone wants to show me what this FUMBBL is all about. Feel free to message on steam (potatoedoughnut) and/or RPS PM.

Ian
14-06-2011, 09:13 AM
If one of the folks who has a team they need to level isn't about then I should be at some point.

laneford
16-06-2011, 07:36 PM
Ok chaps and chapesses.

I have three possible teams for the tourney if it is indeed starting this weekend.

Pro Elves (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658089)

Dark Elves (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658081)

Lizards (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=624700)

You too can beat the crap out of any one (or more!) of those teams, but it's a time limited offer. Tonight Only! Everything must go! Go to Steam for more details

Rakysh
16-06-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm up for a game now if you are.

Ian
16-06-2011, 11:19 PM
This week has turned unexpectedly busy and so I've been unable to help people out with warm-ups. Hopefully everyone who's wanting into the tournament isn't too far away. :)

justagigolo
17-06-2011, 02:34 PM
I am ready for the weekend start. I feel like frustrating myself to no end, so put me down for using my goblins. Maybe my new looney will be a bit more cooperative than my last.

Janek
18-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Right, so far I think we have:

Janek - Norse
Rakysh - Norse
Ian - Delves
Laneford - Delves/Lizards/Pro Elves?
Jim - Slann?
Justa - Goblins

And then a couple of dudes who are gameless, so might be skipping it? Will probably start it off tomorrow, last chance for games, toot toot.

Janek
18-06-2011, 12:29 PM
BLOODY HELL (https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=653107). (https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=653107)

13 games. 15 skills. 4 +ST, 1 +AG, 7 doubles.

Whaaaaaat.

(I make the chances of that combination something like one in twelve trillion)

Ian
18-06-2011, 12:51 PM
Fucking crikey. That is a lot of +ST. I want it. :(

Dunno what I'll be doing this afternoon but if people want to squeak in some practice games (probably some time after 8pm) then I should be about to lend a hand.

laneford
18-06-2011, 02:16 PM
I still somewhat desperately need games, so I'll be on Steam for most of this afternoon.

ColOfNature
18-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Events kind of got away from me this week so I haven't had a chance to play even a single game. My lads'll sit this one out and get some practice in next week when things are more settled.

Ian
18-06-2011, 06:44 PM
I fed my flings to Laneford's elves. There was blood. Lots of blood.

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/ianwelby/blood.jpg

Jiiiiim
18-06-2011, 08:42 PM
BLOODY HELL (https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=653107). (https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=653107)

13 games. 15 skills. 4 +ST, 1 +AG, 7 doubles.

Whaaaaaat.

(I make the chances of that combination something like one in twelve trillion)

Weeell I mean of that exact combination maybe but really you should be measuring "doubles or stat increase 13 or more times out of 15"

Which I think is
(15c13)(8/36)^13(28/36)^2 + (15c14)(8/36)^14(28/36)^1 + (15c15)(8/36)^15(28/36)^0

which works out at about 1 in 5 million

Crikey, though

Rakysh
18-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Wardancer just stood up in a cage, made a 1die block on the carrier, caught the ball on a 6+, leaped out the cage and dodged away. With no re-rolls. Wardancers are cool.

justagigolo
18-06-2011, 10:07 PM
I would complain about the wardancer doing wardancer things, but I probably have no right since Rakysh was kind enough to feed two elves to my poor starving Krox. It was a fun match filled with lots of ones when either of us had to do something important.

Ian
19-06-2011, 09:02 AM
LANEFORD. If you are awake in the morningtime gimme a nudge on Steam and we'll try and get that team of yours a bit more levelled up before Janek kick-starts the tourney.

Could either give 'em the flings again and assume the trees can't possibly be that reliable again or my pro elves or some such.

laneford
19-06-2011, 02:08 PM
I have a BB Divisions of Death game at 2 (now) but I could squeeze one or two in once that is over I suspect. Of course if the tourney's started then that's fine with me, I'll have some fun with inducements instead. :)

laneford
19-06-2011, 05:04 PM
My team is totally ready.

And by totally ready I mean, have just been beaten up by Halflings and now Goblins.

GO TEAM ELF.

I am confident.

Janek
19-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Just waiting on Jim to declare himself ready (and get team in the group)

Janek
19-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Gooooooooo

(Arbitrarily number of o's to beat arbitrary character limits)

Ian
20-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Well I see Janek won the first match of the tourney, but I reckon justa claims the moral victory for playing as goblins and suffering zero permabiffs.

Janek
20-06-2011, 08:54 PM
The troll's MNG came from a triple skull too _

Ian
21-06-2011, 09:17 AM
Brilliant. :D

I will hopefully get the chance to open my tournament account tonight. Though I've got some flings to punch (and trees to get punched by) in WILF too, though the deadline for that's a little while away.

Rakysh
21-06-2011, 03:09 PM
I too am looking for a game this afternoon, maybe about 4 o'clock BST?

Janek
21-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Hahahaha. POMB Dwarf Longbeard just blocked a skink in my WIL match.

Crofter IronSide starts a Block Action.
Crofter IronSide blocks Crinkle:
Block Roll [ SKULL ] [ SKULL ]
Pro Roll [ 1 ]
Crofter IronSide's Pro skill does not help him.
Block Roll [ SKULL ] [ SKULL ]
Block Result [ SKULL ]
Armour Roll [ 6 ][ 6 ]
Rolled Total of 12
The armour of Crofter IronSide has been broken.
Injury Roll [ 6 ][ 4 ]
Rolled Total of 10
Crofter IronSide suffers a casualty.
Casualty Roll [ 6 ][ 4 ]
Crofter IronSide has been killed.
Apothecary used.
Casualty Roll [ 6 ][ 6 ]
Crofter IronSide has been killed.

NEVER GETS OLD.

Rakysh
21-06-2011, 04:15 PM
How did his coach take it?

Janek
21-06-2011, 04:21 PM
WTF you been feeding that skink?
<shades_steelfist>
Fairly well. I guess his mood has now been improved due to the chain of AG2 dodges and such which led to him scoring _</shades_steelfist>

Rakysh
21-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Always cheers me up.

laneford
21-06-2011, 04:50 PM
Anyone fancy beating up my elves in this tourney this afternoon / evening?

Ian
21-06-2011, 05:22 PM
God I love nuApothecary. It's so totally megabrilliant

Maybe me later, Laneford. I will likely be on the prowl at some point.

Jiiiiim
21-06-2011, 08:53 PM
God I love Slann so much, even though I hate them so much. Beat up Laneford's elves, won 4-1, kept bouncing to a low but exciting level.

Ian
22-06-2011, 09:22 AM
That was a rather unfriendly biffing you gave Laneford's elves there.

laneford
22-06-2011, 09:31 PM
That was a rather unfriendly biffing you gave Laneford's elves there.

They're used to it.

Rakysh
22-06-2011, 09:44 PM
My norse were defeated by Ian's Dark Elves 1-0. I played fairly poorly, messing up a few half chances, and the injury rolls perhaps did not go my way as early as would have been nice (three BH's in the last few turns is all very well but not actually that helpful). Thanks for the game though, I did have a nice time.

Ian
23-06-2011, 09:19 AM
Yeah, was a bit of a comedy of errors. Rakysh didn't have a great game but I wasn't much better to be fair.

I think though that in Clayton Riddell, my 5AG line-elf, we could have a new Tom in the making.

For our newer folk, this is Tom: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=7275971

He has gone down in RPS group folklore for being far worse than any player with those stats has any right to be. Don't let his two passes per game fool you, if ever there was a player who would roll a 1 when it mattered then it was Tom. :D

Ian
24-06-2011, 09:27 AM
2/2 wins in my WILF division thus far. Though I suspect that's not much of an achievement given that's been against stunties thus far. And my last game is against goblins.

Jiiiiim
25-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Rakysh and I just fought to the death. (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3172370) My death. Star catcher Gap Generator is now a thin green smear on the ground after scoring his 11th touchdown in 10 games. He will be sorely missed as basically my entire strategy was: get ball to him. He was killed by Rakysh's piling-on-mighty-blow-bastard-berserker, who I hate, and who took out four guys by himself. Fortunately I was 2-0 up at the time and the lack of anyone alive wasn't an absolute hindrance, other star catcher Springy managing some daring AG5 work to get the third and we just held on for a 3-2 win. I should I suppose be grateful that's only one career-ending injury suffered, but somehow I'm not quite >_>

Rakysh
25-06-2011, 06:23 PM
There were a good five or so knock outs as well. It was a fun game (from my point of view), the POMBer finally came good and as such got 13 SP in one game (getting the MVP, quite rightly.) The AG5 was just too much to deal with, unfortunately.

laneford
25-06-2011, 07:02 PM
In other news, I got beaten by Justa's Goblins 3-1.

justagigolo
25-06-2011, 09:58 PM
I spent a bit of cash for a bribe during my match with Laneford. Thanks to that, I was able to keep my chainsaw on the pitch for the majority of the match. Surprisingly, he was mostly useful, although content to hand out stuns rather than trips to the mortuary. The dice seemed determined to go my way, and at no point was this more clear than when Laneford's 5 agility thrower decided to try and find out how many consecutive ones he could roll in a row. Some how, I managed to foul 11 times without getting caught, but without really dealing much damage either. Food For Thought, the violent little goblin that he is, inflicted two casualties off of blocks and was rewarded by nuffle with rolling +ST. And for the first time in team history, I will be fielding 16 "healthy" players for my next match.

Ian
26-06-2011, 02:39 PM
My game against Jim was all square at half time at which point Nuffle switched my dice for The Dice of Ultimate Knockdownage and Jim's for the fabled Dice of the Suck.

Jiiiiim
26-06-2011, 04:04 PM
I did not cover myself in glory that game but at least my collection of blocking frogs are up to a new record of 5.

Incidentally I absolutely destroyed a wood elf team in the WIL just now, but could only manage a draw because of sodding wardancer >_>

Jiiiiim
26-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Oh god the goblin pain

Ian
26-06-2011, 07:18 PM
I can't help but notice that you lot haven't been reducing justa's goblins to a red smear on your boots.

laneford
26-06-2011, 07:21 PM
What does Justa feed those goblins?

justagigolo
26-06-2011, 08:08 PM
I feed them a steady diet of broken hearts, crushed dreams, and oddly enough broccoli. High in iron and all that.

disperse
27-06-2011, 02:26 AM
Hi all,

I'm sorry I've been absent for a while. I was staying up to date by having the forum thread pop up in Google Reader and when RPS changed forums it stopped updating. I've subscribed to the new thread and will try and jump in for the next round of matches.

-disperse

Ian
27-06-2011, 09:45 AM
Good to see you're still with us disperse. :)

Obviously just because you've missed the boat on this tourney there're still people around to play games with to train up teams, try races out, etc. Especially the people who've played most of their games already like the big Blood Bowl addicts that they are.

Ian
27-06-2011, 10:00 PM
Laneford's elves got a 4-1 nufflin' offa me.

And we now have a new contender in the race to be the New Tom.

laneford
28-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Laneford's elves got a 4-1 nufflin' offa me.

And we now have a new contender in the race to be the New Tom.

God-damn you Roy Walker

Ian
30-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Well I need to play Laneford in the RPS Open tonight (or I believe that's the plan) but tomorrow/over the weekend I should be getting some more of my tournament games played. :)

justagigolo
30-06-2011, 05:33 PM
I am a bit concerned about who is less likely to maim my little ones, either the Ian's dark elves, or Rakysh's bloody norse. Odds are good though that I will be able to get both of my matches taken care of this weekend. Vroom Vroom.

Rakysh
30-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah, I should be around on sunday to complete my fifth loss (you guys are quite good).

Janek
30-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Spend the entire first half trying to murder a double-niggled mighty blow werewolf, then it falls into a frenzy trap and kills itself on -2d at the end of the first half. Ha ha ha.

Ian
01-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Well I should be able to get both of my games done. I've got a WILF game to play Saturday or Sunday evening but I usually see justa on during the day and Janek's about a fair bit too.

I'm going to lose one or both of them anyway, we all know what happens to me when I'm doing well this late during a tournament. :D

Ian
02-07-2011, 02:56 PM
Ahhh, traditional tournament latter-stages collapse has commenced.

Makes me all warm and fuzzy.

EDIT: I am so monumentally crap at the basics of this game. How I manage to get into good positions in the first place is sort of beyond me.

laneford
02-07-2011, 03:28 PM
I demand that Justa's goblins win the tournament.

Ian
02-07-2011, 03:55 PM
I just noticed that I can, in theory, win this.

But given that theory involves me beating Janek in a game that matters, I'm essentially toast.

And I get to play goblins again this weekend. Joy.

justagigolo
02-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Today was a glorious day for team "Any Means Necessary". By team value alone, I was given a free bribe before the match thus guarantying that extra bit of chainsaw love for all. Speaking of which, today my looney claimed his first casualty, clipping an elf and causing a miss next game. It brings a tear to the eye, or perhaps that is just blood splatter I feel. The refs again approved of my teams underhanded tactics, as all nine of my fouls went unnoticed, and unpunished. Further highlights include a troll intercepting a pass to close out the first half. My other troll killing a line elf, and being rewarded with BLOCK!!, during the second half. And the particularly heart warming feeling that comes from elves tripping all over the damn place. Diving tackle is such a sneaky skill.

Ian
03-07-2011, 04:41 PM
What are the odds on 9 fouls going unnoticed? I know it feels a lot but I don't if it actually is...

Also: Managed to win my WILF division. Now I need to decide whether to cut down this chaos team or start a new one for the cup.

They're at 1600, will getting rid of a 120k re-roll put them below the 1500 cap?

Janek
03-07-2011, 05:08 PM
Nope, you'd need to burn 40k cash as well.

potatoedoughnut
03-07-2011, 06:11 PM
What are the odds on 9 fouls going unnoticed? I know it feels a lot but I don't if it actually is...

Surprisingly it's about 35%. 8/9 chance of going unnoticed, (8/9)^9 is about 35%. Not terribly likely, but not horrible odds (unless I goofed my maths).

Janek
03-07-2011, 06:26 PM
That seems a very high base chance, considering it's 1/6 to be caught just from the armour roll. Obviously with the variability of the armour break, the maths are more awkward (and I can't be bothered) but let's call a ballpark figure of 4/5 chance of not being caught. Hence biggedy boggedy boo about 13-14% for all nine times.

potatoedoughnut
03-07-2011, 06:36 PM
That seems a very high base chance, considering it's 1/6 to be caught just from the armour roll. Obviously with the variability of the armour break, the maths are more awkward (and I can't be bothered) but let's call a ballpark figure of 4/5 chance of not being caught. Hence biggedy boggedy boo about 13-14% for all nine times.

Derp you're correct, it's 1/6 on armour alone (not sure where I got 1/9) and another 1/6 on the injury (if you get to it), so I'm completely wrong. Ignore me please :)

justagigolo
03-07-2011, 07:58 PM
Also, 7 of those fouls were from my sneaky git player, which shifts the odds slightly in my favor.

Ian
07-07-2011, 09:04 AM
Yeah, like I thought not as horribly outlandish as it feels it ought to be. :)

So my Man Chew orcs and Laneford's tea-swilling humans had a cracker of a match last night. The luck was largely even and my blocking luck in particular was very good (my injuring-people luck was middle-to-good, I removed lots through KOs) but unfortunately in key moments my luck absolutely abandoned me with a string of 3 or 4 ones in one passage of play and a smattering of them in two or three others as I desperately tried to launch a comeback.

3-2 to Laneford's humies and a good game. Hopefully the tourney'll finish this weekend. :)

justagigolo
09-07-2011, 05:02 PM
Rakysh and I closed out our portion of the tournament today. A 2-1 victory for the little green guys, largely thanks to a 1 turn, throw team mate score to close out the first half. The goblins were feeling rather violent today, perhaps they were trying to compensate for my very sleepy trolls. I have done my part, but I don't think there is any way I can legitimately win this tourney. I need Janek to lose both of his remaining matches, but that would mean tying with Ian. If Janek drops one match against either Jim or Ian, we have a tie, one that will probably be resolved in Janek's favor. A lot of fun regardless, and my team far exceeded my hopes and expectations.

Ian
11-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Will burning a re-roll get this mob (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=637738) down to/below the 1500 tournament weight mark?

Also, in the interests of TENSION and BROKEN DREAMS I'll try and wait until Janek's played Jim before playing our grand, winner-might-take-all-possibly-but-probably-won't-in-my-case finale.

justagigolo
11-07-2011, 03:00 PM
Each reroll you drop will lower your TW by 60k, alternatively, you can burn the 50k in cash and make the TW.

Ian
11-07-2011, 04:04 PM
This is evidently an area of the rulebook I need to study more. So tournament weight goes down by the original value of the re-rolls whilst you're first building the team.

Does cash double in value for TW, then?

justagigolo
11-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Despite the fact that a reroll costs 120k, they are only valued at the initial price at the point of team creation, 60k. TW is the total value of your team including unspent cash, and players that may be MNG.

Ian
11-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Right... so I'll need to ditch 40k of my cash and one re-roll, then? I just tried hiring/firing an assistant and it dropped me 10 TW. Given I need to drop 100 TW I assume this is my best way or doing it short of dropping a player.

justagigolo
11-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Sounds about right.

Ian
11-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Cool. Ta, justa.

Jiiiiim
12-07-2011, 08:32 PM
So, it all comes down to the final game.

GOD SPEED

Ian
12-07-2011, 09:45 PM
'grats Justa.

I was actually doing okay there and might have at least threatened to both win and overturn the tiebreaker difference but for my players' absolute inability to beat 2+ rolls.*

It was actually a really good game that I'd have enjoyed far more if I hadn't had such a good start that made me foolishly think the miracle might come off. Was a GFI away from being 2-0 up on turn 5. D:

Still, there's always next tournament.

* EDIT: In fact, was this not the same issue that afflicted me against you, justa? Most dice okay-to-decent but failing crucial 2+? Or am I thinking of the wrong game?

Ian
13-07-2011, 09:44 AM
So, RPS Open next! Dunno where Fede's at, disperse too, pakoito hasn't logged into FUMBBL in a couple of weeks (having made a start on some ranked teams) and some of the other people who applied to the RPS group appear to have wandered off and lost interest too. :(

So as Janek said last night, first thing looks to be to give Rakysh some games to get one of his teams into RPS Open shape. :)

EDIT: Just checked my vs. records, and spoff, who I've drawn in the Fringe cup, has beaten me the only two times we've played. :(

OctaneHugo
14-07-2011, 02:04 AM
Having been in the RPS Divisions of Death for about 10 minutes last summer, but lacking any money to buy the Legendary Edition of BB, how difficult would it be to get into this? I have a little experience with the game but I've never used FUMBBL, and I guess I'd need to join the league somehow?

Ian
14-07-2011, 10:08 AM
It is very easy. :)

Is this you? http://fumbbl.com/~OctaneHugo

So first off you create a team and if you initially want to play us lot in games while you get the hang of it then when prompted select for the team to be in the "League" division. If you managed to wrangle Cyanide's UI you should have no bother then creating your team, adding players, etc. The client for playing the game is all handled by the FUMBBL servers nowadays so no downloading or set-up is required. You just agree a game name with whoever you're playing, hit "Play" next to your team and take it from there.

There's also a Steam group here (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpsfumbbl) for you to try and arrange some matches with RPSers. :)

I dunno what times you're available to play being in the US but there should be some of us about at various times for a game, whether you post on here or just nudge somebody on Steam.

Ian
14-07-2011, 10:11 AM
So in other news I won in the Fringe Cup. My luck was mostly pretty good but my armour was absolutely abysmal. This served to balance out my good blocking and dodging as it meant spoff could keep up with the numbers. On turn 13 or so when spoff had equalised he kicked it out and I boldly elected to give the ball to a minotaur. He got a bit bogged down in goblins despite the best efforts of my warriors and beastmen to act as pest control, and eventually failed a 4+ dodge (with re-roll) that prevented me from winning it in turn 16. I was down to 6 in overtime but just as he looked set to trundle down the field with very little drama he was hit by THE CURSED LUCK OF THE DAMNED which allowed me to get the ball free, pick it up in the rain and run for my life.

Skaven next. We all know how good I am against skaven.

:(

OctaneHugo
14-07-2011, 05:09 PM
It is very easy. :)

Is this you? http://fumbbl.com/~OctaneHugo (http://fumbbl.com/%7EOctaneHugo)

So first off you create a team and if you initially want to play us lot in games while you get the hang of it then when prompted select for the team to be in the "League" division. If you managed to wrangle Cyanide's UI you should have no bother then creating your team, adding players, etc. The client for playing the game is all handled by the FUMBBL servers nowadays so no downloading or set-up is required. You just agree a game name with whoever you're playing, hit "Play" next to your team and take it from there.

There's also a Steam group here (http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rpsfumbbl) for you to try and arrange some matches with RPSers. :)

I dunno what times you're available to play being in the US but there should be some of us about at various times for a game, whether you post on here or just nudge somebody on Steam.

Unless someone took my name that is indeed me! Don't remember making an account but I'll take it.

Thanks for all that info. I'll try it out and see how I do.

Ian
14-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Cool.

Weekends are naturally always a good time so pester us for games then. :P

Ian
18-07-2011, 10:29 AM
I completely failed to get online and a) try and help Rakysh beef one of his teams up for the Open or b) see if OctaneHugo was about for a game. Looks like he's not made a team yet anyway.

laneford
18-07-2011, 07:43 PM
I am also around if anyone needs a fumbbl game (being the newest of the 'regulars', I can assure you it's relatively PAIN FREE)

Steam link in the sig. Innit.

Ian
19-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Well, tonight I continue my Fringe Cup campaign putting to use my excellent track record against FILTHY BASTARD SKAVEN.

Janek
19-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Pyrrhic victory! (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3181510)

For the record, that's a Kroxigor and a +MA Block skink dead, and -AG for my DP skink. Also a skink niggled two turns into his debut but nobody cares about him _

Janek
19-07-2011, 09:30 PM
ON THE PLUS SIDE my wrestle skink got doubles again. Hello, strip ball. What I need now is to get break tackle on my guard sauri. No cage will be safe.

Ian
20-07-2011, 09:44 AM
3-0 but maimed. Awesome. :D

I, meanwhile, didn't contrive to let my block'd up chaos lose to some newbie rats. A 3-0 win, two levels and 24 SPP.

They (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=637738) don't have as much block as I'd like, but the stat increases are really helpful on beastmen and getting juggernaut on my minotaur is a good boost to the team.

Even on normal skill rolls minotaurs have a much more interesting set of options now. Was sorely tempted to give him Big Hand and turn him into an unreliable ball-carrier. :D I plumped for juggernaut and am planning to give him claw next if he doesn't roll a stat or double.

Next up? More rats. (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=657535) More skilled than the ones I beat last night and if not for the stat rolls I might have more tackle to deal with them. Still, I have the strength and skills advantage so if I'm careful and not horrendously unlucky I should be able to biff my way to a touchdown or two. IN THEORY.

Janek
20-07-2011, 06:11 PM
Big Hand only removes pickup modifiers now, it's not a straight 2+ any more. But he'd be super good* at picking up the ball from multiple tacklezones.

* about as good as any normal player, i.e. bad

Ian
21-07-2011, 09:48 AM
I know. My dream unreliable ball-carrying mino was going to be equipped with extra arms and break tackle and who knows what else. ;D

I have a bit of a hankering for trying an entirely randomised team. Everything from the name, the player names and (depending on the flexibility of the random race I ended up with) selection of positional players to the skill selections.

EDIT: Though I suppose it's not so much actual randomness as just putting things down to chance or outwith my control. Regardless, you get the idea.

Ian
21-07-2011, 10:04 AM
In fact, whoever next reads this can have the HONOUR of helping me in the first stage of this doomed endeavour.

I've made a list of all the available [L] races (minus goblins and halflings in the interests of both cowardice and me actually having a fighting chance of performing by my own meagre standards!) and shuffled them up using a web-o-randomiser.

So somebody pick me a number between 1 and 22, and I will trust you not to look at the list (http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g430/ianwelby/random.jpg?t=1311238911) before picking a number. :)

justagigolo
21-07-2011, 01:46 PM
17 sounds like a nice prime number. What does that do for you Ian? And speaking of randomized. There was a group running at one point for the mutation teams, where all the skills were randomly chosen, the cult of tzentech or something like that. We could have a fun time doing that for a tourney or two. Underworld, chaos, nurgle, and all sorts of useless combinations there of.

Ian
21-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it was sort of that group that had me thinking about this.

And I actually quite like that as an idea for a tournament. To replace the stunty tournament until stunties are sorted out perhaps?

And 17 gets me..... SLANN! Oh my. A mutationfest would obviously be ideal but this could be fun anyway. :D

EDIT:
Noterus Crassicornis (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=663020) are born!

Team and player names selected using Wikipedia's random article feature, provided it didn't bring back anything overly lengthy or offensive. Selection of player positions and numbers done using Excel's RAND function until I had 11 of them. This then left me with enough cash to (again using RAND) get me a re-roll, an apo and some coaches.

I'm unsure how I'll deal with future re-roll purchases, whether to leave that up to fate in some way or to just manage them normally from here and leave the random for player naming/buying/skilling.

Delighted to have ended up with a kroxigor called "Mofo". :D

Ian
21-07-2011, 08:32 PM
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3182231

There we go. _ Check out the devastating damage I did against AV7 with my 63 blocks. And don't be fooled, for all the skulls I managed and dodge he had there were plenty of knockdowns in there. :-P

Janek
22-07-2011, 10:06 PM
White Isle League Dragon Conference XXI: A winner is me :D

Ian
24-07-2011, 06:23 PM
What division're you in, Jim?

Jiiiiim
25-07-2011, 10:06 AM
the very bottom one.

Season's over for me, think I'll come about fifth

Ian
25-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I imagine that once the Fringe Cup/Plate are over Spubbbba will inform us of the situation with regards to moving up to the full WIL, which I think this time I will try.

Because I'm a glutton for punishment.

Janek
26-07-2011, 06:31 PM
So my round 2 match in the Black Cup is decided, and of course it's the minmaxed chaos dorfs. He gets 490k of inducements to go alongside 2 ClawMBs and a POMB. "Hooray."

(Methinks I'll be looking at Hthark the Unstoppable + Wizard, which isn't toooo bad but still unpleasant)

Janek
26-07-2011, 08:08 PM
5 out by the end of turn 4. Endless fun.

Ian
27-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Well, a defeat Janek but the one -stat you got isn't that bad for the player who got it.

Janek
27-07-2011, 04:46 PM
Yeah, it didn't really get much worse after I posted moaning about it _ Would've made it 1-1 were it not for the wizard smiting my catcher.

Ian
15-08-2011, 05:17 PM
So I finally applied a team to move up from Fringe to full-on WIL.

Because apparently I want to increase my tolerance for demoralising defeats.

laneford
15-08-2011, 05:22 PM
I would like to play more Fumbbl

Ian
16-08-2011, 10:18 AM
We really need to sort out another tourney. Our efforts at getting the newfolk who popped their heads in appears to have failed. :(

justagigolo
16-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Life has been eerily quite in terms of fumbbl, we really ought to do something about that. I am always up for another tourney, and should have some more time on the weekends to get my games in now. The past few months required some extra time to get my life straightened out a bit.

Ian
17-08-2011, 08:50 PM
My chaos have been officially accepted to be ground into a fine, White-Isle endorsed paste. :o

Oh dear.

laneford
20-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I will almost certainly be cruising for a game or two if anyone sees me online today.

Janek
21-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Right then we do need a resurrection don't we. RPS Open time methinks, although we'll probably scrape 5 players at best. So do we:

1. Just have a dinky small open round robin.
2. Have a big ORR with a couple of teams each, forfeiting matches against ourself at the end.
3. Have a Swiss tournament with a decent number of rounds. Will only work with an even number of players. Which doesn't look like it's going to happen.

Thoughts?

Jolima
21-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Are you playing LRB5/6 yet? If so I may join in for a season as well. It's been many years since I played fumbbl last but I have (http://fumbbl.com/~Jolima) a 1270 HElf team (needing 1 journeyman) and a 1200 Norse team (needing 2 journeymen). Both are fairly broken, so if you're playing higher TV I'll need to either see if I can recover these or level up some new team. (In total I played 13 matches on fumbbl and suffered 9 deaths over my two teams. I guess that's part of why I quit.)

laneford
21-08-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah we're using the 'competition rules' (LRB6+ I think?)

Essentially it's the same rules as Cyanide uses, so you should be familiar, there is also a swanky new web client which is rather tasty and allows you to reload matches if there's any connection errors and other lovely things. Come back to us Jolima!

Janek
21-08-2011, 02:32 PM
I daresay some warmups can be arranged. JOOOOIN UUUSSSSS.

Ian
21-08-2011, 04:13 PM
Quick, ensnare this one before he can escape!

Jolima
21-08-2011, 05:40 PM
Okay then, I suppose teams go in the League division? Seems you can't transfer there from ranked at the moment, so I'll have to create some new ones.

I had to go with one of those denied to me by Cyanide of course, so first out is the Slann "A Wealth of Toads" (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=666242).

Also, I have a healing potion (http://fumbbl.com/help:HealingPotion). Yay or forbidden? I'll probably save it up for some proper star player who deserves it in any case.

Any idea yet what TV I should get to for the league? Somebody challenge me and explain how I accept the challenge!

Janek
21-08-2011, 05:56 PM
Our high-end teams are mostly in the 1900-2000 range I think.

laneford
21-08-2011, 05:58 PM
Yup, make them in the league [L] division which means you can play against us lot in closed leagues or tournaments that we can make ourselves.

or Blackbox is an matchmaking ranked league.

[r] is a ranked league where you play random other people by arranging games.

Best way to show you how it works would be to hit up me, janek, or, if you have to, Ian, on Steam for a game. It's a bit quicker than Cyanide also which helps (probably ~1hr for a match). It is [B]very simple, especially if you can already navigate Cyanide's AI.

Our high-end teams are mostly in the 1900-2000 range I think.

That they are, but we all have a range of teams for practice games. This is me, for example, http://fumbbl.com/~prufrock

laneford
21-08-2011, 06:22 PM
Oh and don't get disappointed if Janek crushes you.

He does that to everyone.

Jolima
21-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I played Janek and got a 2-2 draw (with a bit of luck but an ever decreasing amount of players).

Both of my TD were leaping a lone catcher as far as I could in desperation, Janek blitzing him with at least two dice but only getting both down/skulls letting me just keep running the next turn.

Don't think I can manage a 1900+ team on short notice, so I'll probably just aim for friendlies and wait for the next round.

ColOfNature
25-08-2011, 10:44 PM
I'd completely forgotten about this. I made a team (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658167) ages ago and then never played. Anyone fancy giving them a friendly inaugural drubbing sometime?

justagigolo
26-08-2011, 04:03 AM
A little something special for all of the fumbbl vets. Isn't this beautiful. (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=3098&op=viewcomments&id=9958) I don't want to spoil the surprise, but pay special attention to the opposing coach, the linked match report is priceless as well.

laneford
26-08-2011, 11:39 AM
I'd completely forgotten about this. I made a team (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=658167) ages ago and then never played. Anyone fancy giving them a friendly inaugural drubbing sometime?

Sure thing Col, have you played BB on cyanide's or any other version? Anyway, just give me a poke on steam and we'll get a game.

edit

Justa that is beautiful

disperse
26-08-2011, 05:39 PM
So I moved to Florida and moving meant that I didn't have any time for FUMBBL. However, I'm telecommuting now which means I should be able to arrange my work schedule to accommodate afternoon cross-Atlantic games.

I see there is some rumbling about a new tournament. What team value are we thinking, or are we going to keep it open and let inducements even it out?

-disperse

Edit:

I should migrate all my League teams to FFB, right?

justagigolo
26-08-2011, 07:42 PM
Ah, so you are a fellow Florida native now. The family all enjoying the vastly different weather? As for your teams, yes, you should transfer all of your teams with the exception of the stunty teams. The stunty teams, as far as I know are not yet supported.

Jiiiiim
26-08-2011, 09:11 PM
Spirooooooo

Ian
29-08-2011, 11:29 AM
w00t disperse!

A little something special for all of the fumbbl vets. Isn't this beautiful. (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=3098&op=viewcomments&id=9958) I don't want to spoil the surprise, but pay special attention to the opposing coach, the linked match report is priceless as well.

Glorious.

I'm back home now so if any of the new-to-FUMBBL (or returned-to-FUMBBL) want to do some maiming y'all know where to find me.

I'm pretty sure I remembered to sign up to the FUMBBL Steam group...

justagigolo
29-08-2011, 03:19 PM
I really want to get a tourney going by this weekend. Activity has fallen a bit, hopefully getting a nice rotation of maimings going will fix that. If you are interested in playing, let me know, we will sort out the tv range once we see who is wanting to play. If we have all vets, I would love to break out our higher tv teams, if there are a couple rookies, perhaps we can draw random teams or something like that.

Janek
29-08-2011, 05:34 PM
Yoooo.

6 would be fine for a high TV league if all the active vets are in (me, Ian, Justa, Jim, Disperse, Laneford) and if Jolima/Col want in then a (simultaneous?) lower TV league works out nicely too.

disperse
29-08-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm fine with either high or low TV but I may need to get a couple training matches in beforehand to compete in a high TV tournament. Both my rats and necro teams are pretty weird/beaten up.

laneford
29-08-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm so in. Also around for this week at silly hours if training matches are needed. Hit me up on steam whilst you still can folks.

Ian
30-08-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm in, obvs.

laneford
30-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Justa, what team are you going to murder me with this ti- I mean, what team are you bringing for the high TV tourney?

justagigolo
30-08-2011, 10:04 PM
I am dying to bring my necros out, so they clearly have my top vote. Although, Disperse is planning on using his necros, so if you want to play with the sheds, I might reconsider. Not that there is anything wrong with a plethora of zombies.

laneford
30-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Necros?

Oh (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3096441)

God (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3085818)

Rakysh
30-08-2011, 10:26 PM
*is returned*

justagigolo
30-08-2011, 10:32 PM
Ah the memories. I regret that I only have Maradona left to remind me of those happy days. He says "Hi" by the way, or least I think that's what the gurgling sounds meant. It is hard to tell considering there are claw marks where his jaw is supposed to be.

Ian
31-08-2011, 10:35 AM
Rakysh!

I knew they'd all come crawling back.

justagigolo
31-08-2011, 03:26 PM
So Rakysh, how comfortable are you with your norse. Would you be up for playing them against teams in the 1800-2000 tv range? Do you think you can squeeze in a couple friendly matches before the weekend?

Rakysh
31-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Sounds good, and yes. Had a game against a very whiny wood elf (He seemed to think the POMBer berserker was broken, but who needs both wardancers anyway?) that got them up to 1530 ish, but as long as we start off with a non hitty team they should be competitive (I, of course, wont be).

Rakysh
31-08-2011, 03:33 PM
In fact, I could go for a game now if anyone's interested.

justagigolo
02-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Alright, all of my fellow fumbbl'ers, it is time to decide what team you want to bring to our allstars tourney. Please post here with who you are bringing, and I will set up a tourney tonight before I crawl into bed. Everyone should wake up with some matches to be played.

Like mentioned before, I am planning on bringing my necros, "Rise and Slime".

Janek
02-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Y'know I think I'll make this the long-awaited return of the Sundered Slayers.

Rakysh
02-09-2011, 05:13 PM
All stars being with no TV limits? If I'm invited, I'll bring the Blue Ballers to the party, but if anyone feels like granting me a nice match before hand to boost the TV a wee bit I'll be eternally grateful.

laneford
03-09-2011, 10:41 AM
Fumbbl is apparently down for maintenance... :(

three necro teams seems excessive to me, I'm tempted to bring my Norse, they've never had a taste of proper tourney action yet.

Ian
03-09-2011, 01:00 PM
I will bring the slightly undercooked Ham Nurglers. See if I can't improve them in the heat of competition.

In other news, my team is the most advanced in the WIL division I have been put into.

http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&p=tournaments&group=3449

Two high elf teams, rats, norse, woodies, vamps and lizards against my chaos.

Janek
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Premiership's surprisingly gentle this year, not that I particularly rate my chances of survival (and I'm going into it with far too few skinks).

Not looking forward to facing this guy (http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=5853595) though.

Ian
03-09-2011, 02:04 PM
I hope you kill it with a skink. :D

justagigolo
03-09-2011, 02:30 PM
And the RPS All Stars tourney is officially on. See you all on the pitch.

laneford
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Its ON.

(please don't kill me Justa)

disperse
03-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Um, how many Necro teams have we got already? Gotta go with Nine Inch Necromancers though. The Skaven are barely a team at this point.

laneford
03-09-2011, 10:46 PM
There's only two (I didn't bring mine). And the tourney's started so you can't change now even if you wanted to!

Jiiiiim
04-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Why didn't I bring dwarves

Jiiiiim
04-09-2011, 06:30 PM
Oooooooooooow

justagigolo
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
So this weekend I was able to play two of my matches against Jiiim and Rakysh. Unfortunately for both teams, the players seemed more interested in convening in the KO box to discuss life insurance policies than play with my zombie horde. Rakysh even had the distinct pleasure of hiring Zara the slayer to conduct his seminar. After a promising start, in which Zara ko'ed one of my fleshies, but was saved by thick skull, and ko'ing one of my poor defenseless wolves, she was ushered to the sidelines by my other wolf. From that point, the entire norse team seemed bound and determined to find an easy exit off the field, even going as far as to commit suicide by gfi.

My match with Jiiim took place on a terribly muddy pitch, that thankfully only had a minimal impact on the game. The wood elves came out with avengence, apparently still upset from our last encounter, and injured a zombie and koing a wight, all while scoring a slick td by the second turn. As my drive progresses, the field starts to clear out rather quickly with the injury boxes approaching capacity, yet Jiiim never fails to agitate, as he pulls off a series of key blitzes forcing me to try and make a turn 8 pick up in the endzone for the tie, which despite the rain my wight manages to pull it off. The second half kicks off with Jiiim emptying his reserves of all of his spare rookies. They didn't spend much time on the field after seeing their proud wardancer Norton leave the field on a stretcher. Nuffle apparently wasn't interested in a one turn score when Jiiim received on turn 18 for a tie, as most of his ko box decided they were perfectly comfortable where they were.

In zombie related news, I really love this blog post about a custom zombie team. Here. (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blog&coach=3098)

Ian
06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
I like the idea of zombies getting a reduced version of the stats of what they kill though I'm not sure how open to unbalance that'd be. (If at all.)

Rakysh, are you a) wanting to play me next as I've the next-lowest TR? (fair warning, I have three MBers) or b) wanting to play somebody that'll give you a massive pile of inducements to try and overcome the MNGs a bit?

Janek
06-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I'm sure that it used to be in the rules that you keep the statline (not skills or +stats) except with -2 MA and -1 AG (which is why big guys and stunties don't count). Maybe I'm imagining things again.

Rakysh
06-09-2011, 07:48 PM
I was hoping to play Jim next if that's ok, cos what damage can a bunch of elves do, right guys?

Guys?

justagigolo
06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Some questions are not meant to be asked for fear that Nuffle may just answer them. That was one such question Rakysh.

Ian
06-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Well I'll maybe hang about a bit and see what happens after that game, Rakysh. I have a WIL game to get organised in the meantime anyway.

Ian
08-09-2011, 09:12 AM
I managed a 1-1 draw in my first WIL game. This isn't too bad given what a clusterfuck the dice were for all concerned.

I was against vamps and giving up about 400k in inducements. He bought a wizard that managed to not knock down any of the four beastmen within range (which is a 1/16 chance, I think?) and a werewolf star player called Wilhelm Chainey, whom my minotaur knocked out in turn 2 and he never woke up for the rest of the game.

For my part, I think the success of my pick-ups was something like 3/14 which stopped me doing... well, anything of any help really.

Still, a point isn't bad and I managed to pick up 12 SPP for no further permabiffs so all in all not a bad outing.

Wood elves up next. With an AG5 wardancer if somebody doesn't kill it before they play me.

disperse
08-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I worked a bunch of extra hours yesterday so I could squeeze in an early game this (EST) afternoon if anyone is interested.

Jiiiiim
10-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Had my first WIL game and I sort of hate how effective beating everything up is proving. Still, a victory against rats is always one worth celebrating.

laneford
11-09-2011, 12:46 PM
I've been mega busy drinking, I mean, working. I should be around this evening to get my tourney going.

Ian
12-09-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't know that it's ever taken me so long to get my tournament under way, so apologies, lads.

I was waiting for Rakysh to play Jim so we could have some lowbie action but perhaps I ought to just try and play something that won't biff me to death (in theory) but that I just won't beat. :-P

Ian
12-09-2011, 10:28 PM
And that pretty much sums up why I was planning to wait and try and get an even game first, if possible.

I made a fucking pig's ear of my inducements, mind. That didn't help.

EDIT: Er, given the theme of my team "pig's ear" wasn't a pun. :D

Janek
13-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Winning start in the Premiership woo.

Ian
14-09-2011, 09:24 AM
Show-off.

;)

Jiiiiim
17-09-2011, 03:51 PM
The elves are back! Both Rakysh and I had makeshift, patched-up teams, missing three first-team starters, but both started with twelve players. He hired a chainsaw, a bribe and a reroll and I figured the main problem would be those three unstoppable AV7 killing machines - the berserker, the ulfwerener and the chainsaw. The first half was spent trying to injure them and running in a touchdown whenever I possible could. There was a flood of norse casualties in around turn 4 and that turned the tide. We scored, lost a player, scored again, lost a player, repeat. Rakysh's berserker stood up to anything I could throw at him, managing four casualties overall, but the rest of the team wasn't helping him. By charging forward at every opportunity we were able to end up winning 5-0 with a bucket of skillpoints. And nobody died.

justagigolo
17-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Well, today was another fine example of my team's unabashed hatred for all things elven. Janek and I played our match with roughly equal tv with me down one of my star wolves. That apparently only inspired the rest of the team to try that much harder. The match began with me kicking off and a nice punch off commencing towards the center of the pitch. Despite my best efforts and several successful blitzes, a blasted elf walked in a td at turn 6, but the process cost Janek 2 kos, and two other injuries. With the pressure on, my rookie ghoul actually did his part and completed a pass, allowing me to set up for a td to close out the first half. The injuries continued to mount, but Janek apparently splurged on the good apothecary as the he managed to bring back an elf from the dead after a zombie accidentally stepped on his face repeatedly.

By the time the second half kicked off the blasted elves had recovered enough ko's to field a full team, and nuffle even went so far as to give them a blitz. It was a bit for naught, as the dice only came up with pushes, and ended up with a lot of elves standing next to some very violent key players. By turn 4 of the second half, there were more elves in the injury box than on the pitch, and it was decided to save some players for following matches.

Jiiiiim
17-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Guys we are going to have to club together and kill Justa.

I mean his team.

justagigolo
17-09-2011, 07:22 PM
I was trying to offset my thirst for blood by playing goblins in the last tourney. Really, I tried. How was I supposed to know that they were taking lessons from my necros at night.