PDA

View Full Version : What are you hoping for from E3 2011?

Kadayi
05-06-2011, 01:11 AM
Personally I'm hoping that Take 2 will announce that Rockstar are bringing Red Dead Redemption to PC, though that's likely wishful thinking.

WitchfinderG
05-06-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/news.bigdownload.com/media/2008/10/e3boothmodelretrofeature2.jpg

thegooseking
05-06-2011, 01:31 AM
Personally I'm hoping that Take 2 will announce that Rockstar are bringing Red Dead Redemption to PC, though that's likely wishful thinking.

I knew this would come up. Somehow I knew. Didn't expect it in the first post, though. The thing is, as I was playing L.A. Noire today, I realised that I don't want RDR or L.A. Noire on PC unless they get a much better port than GTA IV did.

WitchfinderG
05-06-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm also hoping that the Battlefield 3 multiplayer footage doesn't dissapoint.

Rii
05-06-2011, 01:43 AM
#1 on my list is Nintendo's Project Cafe announcement. In an ideal world Starfox and/or F-Zero would be announced alongside it.

Sony's NGP is also of some interest, although I'll need more than one OMGWTFBBQ title (that is, in addition to Wipeout 2048) to seriously consider the system.

Other titles that I'm hoping will put in an (updated) appearance:

- Bioshock Infinite
- XCOM
- Carrier Command
- Depth
- Serious Sam 3
- Thi4f
- Battlefield 3 (multiplayer footage EA, multiplayer!)
- Tomb Raider (in light of the recent trailer)

More Guild Wars 2 is always nice. Maybe a look at some of the non-human starting areas and PVP?

Wizardry
05-06-2011, 01:45 AM
I'm hoping that no one announces that they have bought the rights to my old favourites.

LittleLizard
05-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Me wants me3 gameplay!

TheLastBaron
05-06-2011, 05:45 AM
I have enough games in my backlog that I honestly don't care about looking at new games in the future. The only thing I would find interesting at E3 is seeing thing I don't already know about, i.e. new hardware or completely unannounced games.

Cavalier
05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
#1 on my list is Nintendo's Project Cafe announcement. In an ideal world Starfox and/or F-Zero would be announced alongside it.

Sony's NGP is also of some interest, although I'll need more than one OMGWTFBBQ title (that is, in addition to Wipeout 2048) to seriously consider the system.

Other titles that I'm hoping will put in an (updated) appearance:

- Bioshock Infinite
- XCOM
- Carrier Command
- Depth
- Serious Sam 3
- Thi4f
- Battlefield 3 (multiplayer footage EA, multiplayer!)
- Tomb Raider (in light of the recent trailer)

More Guild Wars 2 is always nice. Maybe a look at some of the non-human starting areas and PVP?

We will definitely be seeing MP footage for BF3 at E3. One map was mentioned specifically "Operation Metro"

Guild Wars 2 will not be at E3, since Arena Net doesn't do E3, but look for them at other Cons

Kadayi
05-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I have enough games in my backlog that I honestly don't care about looking at new games in the future. The only thing I would find interesting at E3 is seeing thing I don't already know about, i.e. new hardware or completely unannounced games.

Well do you have any cherished franchises/titles that you'd like to see a sequel announced to?

ran93r
05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Needs a ton of BF3 stuff and would love a gigantic Thief 4 infodump rather than a couple of shakeycam screenshots.

Vandelay
05-06-2011, 01:00 PM
Very disappointed to hear Valve won't be making an appearance this year. Like everyone else, I am still anticipating the next instalment of the Half Life franchise, be it EP3 or HL3, and every E3 to pass is a shame. I would have also liked to see some of DOTA2 in action. I've never played one in the past, nor had any real incline to, but I'm intrigued by Valve's take on it. Something with such a hardcore following behind it is not normally their style.

Glancing at the E3 website, I would say Arkham City, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider and X-Com would be the ones I'm most eager to see more on. Things I wish were there, but probably won't be are Stalker 2 and Relic's next RTS announcement.

FLBR
05-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Some DOOM 4 gameplay footage would be nice. I'd also like to see some new gameplay footage of Subversion and The Unfinished Swan.

tsmike
05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/7448/fdfx.png

Jams O'Donnell
05-06-2011, 01:20 PM
Something worth getting excited about. [/cynic]

Scroll
05-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Homeworld 3 please? Not happening but I can wish.

How about Dust 514 or whatever it's called, also unlikely to happen.

solipsistnation
05-06-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXpjezVfswg

Wargaming is apparently bringing a Hetzer.

My hope is that they load it with HE rounds and go after, say... Square Enix. (Or pick your own least favorite entertainment company-- whose ridiculous displays would you like to see explode?)

BobsLawnService
05-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Carrier Command? What, when, where?

G915
05-06-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm hoping for some information about Beyond Good & Evil 2 but that's probably wishful thinking as well..
I can't wait for ME3 but I can't watch any trailers (or read previews) because I don't wat any information whatsoever.

vinraith
05-06-2011, 04:26 PM
E3 tends to result in games journalism of the sorts I like (AAR's, reviews, in short coverage of games where the journalist has actually played the release build of the game in question) to grind to a screeching halt. I guess on that note, I'm hoping for brevity.

On a less cynical note, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything I'd like to hear announced simply because so many things I've been really wanting are already in production (Crusader Kings 2, Sword of the Stars 2, TES 5 and so on). I guess I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

HaZiLLa
05-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Lots of news on BF3 hopefully, also more info on Tribes: Ascend and Planetside 2

Shakermaker
05-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Battlefield 3 is by far my most anticipated game, E3-wise.

Any Relic announcement not involving the Warhammer franchise would be warmly welcomed by me.

Scroll
05-06-2011, 08:29 PM
Any Relic announcement not involving the Warhammer franchise would be warmly welcomed by me.

Well they've said something about announcing something in August right? I'm guessing they're just talk about SPACE MAREEEEN for e3. I'm mildly interested in that but it ain't Homeworld 3.

airtekh
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I'm hoping that something new will be announced. Something that's not a sequel or a reboot. I'm not confident though.

Sidorovich
05-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Some nice big Skryim splurge would be nice.

man-eater chimp
05-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Something that isn't a sequel.

Go on E3, I dare ya.

Eightyseven
05-06-2011, 10:57 PM
diablo 3 gets a release date
and a beta soon

Unpleasant Scott
05-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Daikatana 2.

Sonny B
05-06-2011, 11:03 PM

I wish a Homeworld 3 were announced as well but thats as likely as episode . But I'm looking forward to Serious Sam, and Battlefield 3 news really we'll wait and see what's announced I guess..

Joseph
05-06-2011, 11:05 PM

I would like this too. There isn't much else I'm really interested in, except of course if CDP announced the next Witcher game for PC

Dirtyboy
05-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I hoping some game company actually manages to pull off a big surprise announcement.

SirKicksalot
06-06-2011, 12:22 AM
I Am Alive and Thi4f. Also a huge push for DNF, including a remake of the 2001 trailer (can you imagine a decade has passed since that trailer?)

I was thinking about Stalker 2 and Massive's new RTS, but then I realised they have more chances to be revealed at Gamescom.

RoyaltyinExile
06-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Carrier Command? What, when, where?

We'll be presenting Carrier Command: Gaea Mission at the Bohemia Interactive stand (playable version), and you can expect the usual trailers (teaser only) and web updates early in the week.

Its been under development for a good while, actually, but it's fair to say that its not exactly got a huge marketing footprint (as of yet, at least).

You mean massive building-based graffiti splurge like this (http://yfrog.com/gymow0j)? :p

Best,
RiE

dsi1
06-06-2011, 07:45 AM
Hoping to find out that BF3 is going to actually be PC oriented on the PC.

Planetside 2 and DUST 514 information would/is going to be amazing though.

coldvvvave
06-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I Am Alive and Thi4f.

Wasn't I am Alaive... dead?

dsi1
06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Wasn't I am Alaive... dead?

I guess it got better.

FLBR
06-06-2011, 11:13 AM
The Unfinished Swan - new info incoming!

From their blog:

On an unrelated note: If you are in town for E3 and interested in getting a first hand (but hush-hush) look at how things are progressing, drop us a line! We’re going to hold some playtests next week to mark the occasion. http://giantsparrow.com/blog/news/?p=92

Here's the original tech demo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibZoHjt3ENg

8-bit
06-06-2011, 04:01 PM
I would like something unexpected, a big announcement from a new or returning franchise that hasn't had a game in a while. as it is this year just seems like an opportunity for the companies to show off the latest trailers to games we already know a lot about, and thats just not very interesting.

Rii
06-06-2011, 04:04 PM
We'll be presenting Carrier Command: Gaea Mission at the Bohemia Interactive stand (playable version), and you can expect the usual trailers (teaser only) and web updates early in the week.

Its been under development for a good while, actually, but it's fair to say that its not exactly got a huge marketing footprint (as of yet, at least).

Thanks for the heads-up; looking forward to it!

Ansob
06-06-2011, 04:33 PM
Something to make me think that Skyrim and BF3 aren't going to be all-noise-and-no-substance, and then it turning out that the marketing is actually true for once and the finished games are actually good.

Where Is My Halftime Pie?
06-06-2011, 04:38 PM
GTA V announcement, and some info on The Old Republic to convince me that it will be as brilliant as I hope. There are worries in the back of my mind that it won't be.

SMiD
06-06-2011, 04:43 PM
I too am hoping for some spectacular Skyrim info. I loved Morrowind, but skipped Oblivian for reasons I haven't come up with. But Skyrim has already got my interest. Oh, and some more DX:HR would be lovely.

And the lack of Ep3/HL3 anything makes me a sad panda.

8-bit
06-06-2011, 06:52 PM
minecraft on a 360...still trying to figure out if joystiq just made a bad joke there. anyway it can only be bad news for shameless copy fortresscraft if its true.

Shakermaker
06-06-2011, 07:00 PM
minecraft on a 360...still trying to figure out if joystiq just made a bad joke there. anyway it can only be bad news for shameless copy fortresscraft if its true.

It's true. Xbox-exclusive with Kinect compatibility. I laughed when I heard it.

WitchfinderG
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
http://battlefieldo.com/?p=975

winterwolves
06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
An official Diablo 3 release date!! :)

karthink
07-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf_3ZTp4eG4)

Recent trends in the gaming industry have left me with no expectations whatsoever. (It doesn't help that I just saw the new Mass Effect trailer).

If you'll excuse me now, I'm going to continue playing Frozen Synapse so I can skip the E3 infoglut.

Basilicus
07-06-2011, 02:56 AM
The Prey 2 trailer being as kickass as early word was? Check.

A Far Cry 3 announcement? Check.

Fighting a giant because you annoyed his wooly mammoth, only for a dragon to unexpectedly pick him up and drop him from a hundred feet in the air? Double-check.

I'm a happy, little bunny right now.

Rii
07-06-2011, 07:38 AM

"The BioShock universe will be coming to the freshly-monikered PSVita in a bespoke adventure.

Although no firm details were given, Irrational Games' Ken Levine said the game would be the realisation of an idea that's been knocking around the studio for some time."

... and that'll do it. PSVita here I come.

dsi1
07-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Did anyone see Planetside 2? Anyone?