PDA

View Full Version : ISSUES with SLI

slick_101
19-08-2011, 02:52 PM
Okay. So I finally got round to installing all my other 450 GTS today. (even put it in my signature because I'm a sad bugger like that)

The installation went A-Okay.

let windows do its thing and installed all the drivers it wants for the SLI bridge.

Rebooted so all the drivers worked

went through Nvidia panel and got that all working making sure that its set to SLI

Rebooted

Now whenever I play a game I get this sorta Red flickering, Sorta think like when you've been hit a few times in CoD (sorry but thats the closest observation) And I have no clue what to do as this is my first SLI and yes I've made sure I've got all the latest drivers and all that. And well. I'm stumped.

ComradePenguin
19-08-2011, 03:03 PM
If you've done all the software stuff then there are a range of possibilities. Have you tried the new card on its own, not in SLI? May just be that one has issues. What are the temps like? May be they're overheating. Try swapping which slots the cards are in. Also do you have another SLI bridge? Possibly one came with your mobo as well as your graphics cards. May also a be a power problem. Seems this is quite a common problem and it is usually the bridge or power.

slick_101
19-08-2011, 04:43 PM
Okay thanks for the Ideas I'll get work. I thought about temps so I put my hand on either of the cards and they seemed quite cool (and I have all my fans cranked up to the max on the case), Power shouldn't be an issue as I have a 600 W PSU the bridge is brand new that came with the MOBO its one of the flexy ones so should I invest in one that isn't? also if I got the bridge the wrong way round would it do this sorta thing or would it not register in the Nvidia set up?

CMaster
19-08-2011, 05:31 PM
Better than the "ouch it burns" method of checking temperatures. (http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html)

Ahh, SLi. So not worth the effort.

slick_101
19-08-2011, 07:22 PM
Okay, So I've got it working on a single monitor, working through the DVI connector off the First card (PCI 1). Now I have a bit of an issue... The issue being that my other monitor I want to run dual monitors with only supports VGA so should I plug that into the second card or the other connector on the first card?

ComradePenguin
20-08-2011, 11:29 AM
With SLI you plug them both into the same card.