PDA

View Full Version : Age of Empires Online - Beta

Happydaws
05-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Just stumbled upon Age Of Empires Online through RPS -> The Cynical Brit and seems like a game straight up my alley :) - if you havent seen the preview it's here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0t8xbAR_UQ

Anyhow, i can see it's a massive community so the chances is probally very slim, but if anyone have a Beta key they would like to send my way i would deeply apriciate it! =)

Thnx.
-Happy

Rii
05-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Yeah, the actual Age of Empires bit seems reasonably solid judging by TB's preview. It's the rest of it I'm not so sure about.

Burchard
06-06-2011, 12:36 AM
I played a little of the beta and the only woeful part of the deal was GFWL. I backed out of it only because I didn't want to get invested in something that I assume is going to be wiping accounts for launch.

You have leaderboards for the confrontational, and Co-Op/skirmish for someone like myself. All the little mechanics like skill progression and loot keep things interesting. I'll be playing once it launches.

Happydaws
06-06-2011, 07:30 AM
I played a little of the beta and the only woeful part of the deal was GFWL. I backed out of it only because I didn't want to get invested in something that I assume is going to be wiping accounts for launch.

You have leaderboards for the confrontational, and Co-Op/skirmish for someone like myself. All the little mechanics like skill progression and loot keep things interesting. I'll be playing once it launches.

Thnx for the feedback, so your'e generally happy with the looks of it? i dont mind the cartoonish at all, but i can read on the forums that the hardcore comminity are pissed about it..

GFWL is useless, i have it on a lot of other games and the 360 as well :)

Should i Kick your ass in this as well after release then? :p

Btw, Klaws here, maybe i should start using same nick all around...

Rakysh
06-06-2011, 07:44 AM
Haha, inspired by the 0 ad, Klaws?

Happydaws
06-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Heh, well i actually made this post before even joining the Steam Chat last night, but yeah kinda miss the genre and even though i was totally useless at it last night =)

winterwolves
06-06-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm not even going to try it. Whenever I see that a game is "online only" and "free-to-play" or "microtransaction" I run away because I know I won't ever know exactly how much it costs. Very likely I'll be going to spend $100 when I can get better games for <$20.
(Yes I hate online games and those that milk players with the "free to play" excuse!)

dsi1
06-06-2011, 08:38 AM
Free 2 Play
(Pay 2 Win)

Happydaws
06-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I'm not even going to try it. Whenever I see that a game is "online only" and "free-to-play" or "microtransaction" I run away because I know I won't ever know exactly how much it costs. Very likely I'll be going to spend $100 when I can get better games for <$20.
(Yes I hate online games and those that milk players with the "free to play" excuse!)

I see what you mean, but then again the way MMO's normally work is by charging a monthly fee for their services, wich i don't have any problems with, they do have server maintaince, content and patch work to do.
If the game is good and the service is running fine i will pay and support the makers!

But i do agree with the "microtransaction" thing being a pain, i will rather pay 10 bucks a month for a working service than 2 bucks for eg. an item.

The positive thing here would be that the game it self is free and not $20+ monthly fees like a lot of other MMO's?