PDA

View Full Version : AI War: Fleet Command

riadsala
05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Hello.

is anybody here interested in trying to get an AI War campaign going? My thinking is:

X Factor has return to tv-land.
My girlfriend usually watches it.
Therefore, I have a fairly reliable gaming window on a saturday evening.

combined with:

I like AI War
AI War was primarily developed as a multi-player co-op RTS.
I have never played it with other people.

Anybody else in my position? Probably aiming to play an average of an hour a week. I can't really commit to regular epic sessions.

Zyrden
06-09-2011, 04:04 PM
I was actually thinking about making a thread of this. Bought the game back when Evolve was linked here at RPS, and it seemed like a good place to find people to play with. But afaik the place kinda... stalled.

Anyway, yes I would be interested. About an hour a week sounds reasonable, that'll help me maintain interest in the game.
Never played it in multiplayer either, and not much in singleplayer.

riadsala
07-09-2011, 09:06 PM
Ok. Zydren and i have tested out connecting, saving and rejoining games. All very smoothly implemented. So we'll hopefully kick off a campaign in a day or two :)

duff
08-09-2011, 03:34 AM
Vinraith might be interested in this, he loves his ai war.

riadsala
08-09-2011, 09:22 AM
As Zyrden and myself are both pretty inexperienced, might make sense for us to go through a 2 player game first before calling in a hotshot :)

CMaster
08-09-2011, 02:52 PM
If you've got the expansions, make some use of them - they add a lot of variety and spice to the game.
Fortify your homeworlds reasonably well early on - or the AI will see the chance for an early wipe.

riadsala
13-09-2011, 11:34 AM
For anybody who's interested, we've got our game going and making good progress. the game is a lot more fun when you can discuss plans :)

MasterBoo
13-09-2011, 01:18 PM
I used to play with a friend for some time, and we found out that creating suicide-attacks on the command center in each system (which makes the computer "abandon" the system and attack you) is the most efficient tactic, since it's easy to defend against these attacks. After this, the game became boring and we quitted :S

riadsala
13-09-2011, 02:34 PM
I used to play with a friend for some time, and we found out that creating suicide-attacks on the command center in each system (which makes the computer "abandon" the system and attack you) is the most efficient tactic, since it's easy to defend against these attacks. After this, the game became boring and we quitted :S

i would imagine that this would no longer work. The game has had a a tonne of patching, with a load of new features and lots of changes to the balance. The devs listen to the community and get a lot of feedback from good players on what strategies are overpowered etc.

mrchinchin25
11-02-2012, 10:31 AM
Hmm I'm resurrecting this - I've got an urge to play AI War as a multiplayer, and I've got loads of time today/tomorrow to do it.

Anyone interested?

(I have never played it multiplayer, just so you know... and I'm not the most experienced in the game itself!)

riadsala
11-02-2012, 11:18 AM
I might be around tomorrow afternoon to start a game :)