PDA

View Full Version : Dominions 3

Pages : 1 [2]

Nullkigan
28-11-2011, 03:49 PM
I could probably convince myself IF there was another newbie game of general incompetence going on, as I didn't buy anything in the steam sale. On the other hand, it's probably a lot like Eve in being more fun to read about.

Sarigs
28-11-2011, 04:30 PM
I picked up the game after I started reading through this thread, not tried a MP but had a couple of single player games and it's fun, need to hunt down a MP game though to try it out at full potential :-)

pakoito
28-11-2011, 04:44 PM
I picked up the game after I started reading through this thread, not tried a MP but had a couple of single player games and it's fun, need to hunt down a MP game though to try it out at full potential :-)Try here, (z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showforum=3) it's a community with new matches every now and then.

riadsala
28-11-2011, 04:51 PM
I could probably convince myself IF there was another newbie game of general incompetence going on, as I didn't buy anything in the steam sale. On the other hand, it's probably a lot like Eve in being more fun to read about.

Well, I'd be happy to join another game if it was newbie-centric. I wouldn't want to commit to more than one turn per week just now though.

riadsala
03-12-2011, 11:27 PM
did the bull die?

Nullkigan
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM
OK, I'm having withdrawal symptoms with all the AARs on SA either ending or on hiatus. If we can get 5+ people willing to start a new (newbie) game, I will buy it and to hell with my fiscal responsibility:

Nullkigan

Any takers?

MasterBoo
04-12-2011, 08:15 AM
I will join. I know much about the game now :p

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he did :(

riadsala
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM
I will join. I know much about the game now :p

EDIT: Oh yeah, and he did :(

Cool! That'll teach you to destroy my undead hordes. Close battle though.. my army ran away so I'm not sure how i won the battle. Will have to watch the replay again.

And I might be up for joining a newbie game is there's a space left. Will it be around 1 turn per week again?

Nullkigan
04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Sounds good to me.

Nullkigan
MasterBoo
riadsala

Anyone else?

J.B.
12-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Just for anyone who has been reading about Dom3 and thinking about getting it, it's currently on sale (13% off with a further 5% if you use the code JANSAVE5 )

http://www.gamersfront.com/store/dominions-3-the-awakening.html?category_id=24

Vexing Vision
13-01-2012, 11:30 AM
The Ocean's Waves run red with the blood of incompetence.

I may or may not have accidentally expected the leader of a large part of my army to grow legs and march on land, leading the critical vanguard of my attack army.

This may or may not have happened in the past turn.

Pro-Tip: Don't drink and move. Also, I'm beginning to dislike EA Oceania very much. ;)

Sarigs
13-01-2012, 02:31 PM
Sounds good to me.

Nullkigan
MasterBoo
riadsala
Anyone else?

Not sure if this is still on the cards on not, but I've a copy, playing one game atm but I can commit to a second with no problems :-)

Zyrden
13-01-2012, 04:28 PM
"I may or may not have accidentally expected the leader of a large part of my army to grow legs and march on land, leading the critical vanguard of my attack army."

And here I was, puzzled at the small size of your attack. Mystery solved.

The Innocent
13-01-2012, 07:26 PM
"I may or may not have accidentally expected the leader of a large part of my army to grow legs and march on land, leading the critical vanguard of my attack army."

And here I was, puzzled at the small size of your attack. Mystery solved.

VV, you attacked both of us? With half an army each?

J.B.
13-01-2012, 09:15 PM

OR DID HE?????questionmark???

MasterBoo
15-01-2012, 03:11 PM
Oh my, I missed a few weeks didn't I? :P

I have a new PC, new job, and had an illness in the family. I'll try to get back to this game but not sure if I'm alive or not :P
Though I have my thumbs up for a new game! I might have a friend who would like to join as well.

groovychainsaw
16-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Hi Chaps, only just noticed this, but this game looks like exactly my sort of thing (that I will be bad at, but enjoy!). I've just picked it up and might need at least on single-player game to learn a few htings first, but then I'd be keen to join in - one turn a week sounds about right for my schedule. What's hte current schedule of games? Is there a slot free for a complete novice?

J.B.
16-01-2012, 02:56 PM
Hi groovy, welcome to the war. I'm not sure there *is* a schedule as yet. I'm not much more than a novice myself (I'm almost out of the current game, we're only on turn 33 or so =\ ) so I'm sure we'll get you in a game somewhere!

Sarigs
16-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Think Nullkigan (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/member.php?139-Nullkigan) mentioned starting a new game but that was at the beginning of December and doesn't look like it went ahead?

Nullkigan
16-01-2012, 03:25 PM
I'll pick it up for refreshed interest: me, Groovy, MasterBoo (and possibly his friend), Sarigs and maybe Riadsala? We'll need someone who has a clue to sort out hosting, mods (if any) etc.

riadsala
17-01-2012, 10:55 AM
I'm def in.

I'd prefer no mods (unless there's a good reason for including one?). And more or less default settings... this will be my second ever game and it would be nice to be able to get a feel for balance and tactics and whatnot.

Sarigs
17-01-2012, 11:07 AM
I'd prefer no mods as well if people dont mind for much the same reason as Riadsala, not beaten/got bored of vanilla people we start chucking a bunch of extra settings in, medium or smaller map perhaps so it doesn't stretch out too long, it's already a long game. And for preference I'd like to pitch my hat in for Early Age or Medium :-)

Nullkigan
17-01-2012, 07:31 PM
I'd prefer no mods as well if people dont mind for much the same reason as Riadsala, not beaten/got bored of vanilla people we start chucking a bunch of extra settings in, medium or smaller map perhaps so it doesn't stretch out too long, it's already a long game. And for preference I'd like to pitch my hat in for Early Age or Medium :-)

Want to organise it, then? :)

I'd probably go for a shield-based empire (Pyth, Ermor, MA Ulm) or something with giants.

Jarvis
17-01-2012, 10:56 PM
I'd be interested in joining in if there's room to fit me in.

Nullkigan
17-01-2012, 11:10 PM
I think the cap is 16 players, the trick is just finding someone who knows how to organise the game :P

Sarigs
17-01-2012, 11:45 PM
Well I'll email the host of my current game and see if I can prise the mysterius secret of hosting-without-breaking-everything from him and get back to you guys! Not tomorrow obviously as DARKNESS is coming (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/01/17/rps-blacking-out-to-protest-sopapipa/)!

The Innocent
18-01-2012, 12:01 AM
I'd be happy to write up an easy doc on how to host if anyone needs it. It isn't nearly so frightening as it may seem.

Sarigs
18-01-2012, 07:18 AM
I'd be happy to write up an easy doc on how to host if anyone needs it. It isn't nearly so frightening as it may seem.

If you wouldn't mind that would be grand, saves me having to harass you with emailed questions :-)

The Innocent
18-01-2012, 08:48 AM
No problem at all. Here you go. If you have any questions, let me know and I'll do my utmost to answer them. If you have any need of clarifications to the document, let me know and I'll make them. Good luck to the new host!

Sarigs
18-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Ok doke, I'm happy to try to have a crack at hosting via dropbox (I've used it for other games and find it extremely easy to use) if everyone who wants in to another game wants to PM me with their email address I'll wait till sent round a confirmation email over the weekend and we can get a head count/vote on setting etc.

PS. Your the man Innocent, thanks a lot

MasterBoo
19-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Great!
Can't wait...

Sarigs
19-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Awesome I've got PMs in from EVERYONE.

If anyone else wants in if they PM me by by end of friday I'll sent a group email round and set up a dropbox!

Jarvis
19-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Are there any mods that improve the battle scripting system at all?

Some of the available behavour for a number of troop types aren't really that good, for example troops with melee weapons and throwing weapons either seem to behave like archers and will carry on throwing in melee range or will ignore the throwing weapons and just charge.

Nullkigan
19-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Not AFAIK. Most of the mods are for balance and diversity (a lot of the end-game spells are expensive duds, for example)

Sarigs
19-01-2012, 07:42 PM
Cool everyone one's in, I'll sent round a email shortly for voting on options and go from there!

Any one else wants in PM me your email by tomorrow and we'll still have time to sort things!

Jarvis
19-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Digging through the dominion 3 forums for useful things I find this

http://www2.onyx.nu/pb/dom3/spells.html

Sssuming it's accurate still it's a searchable database of spells and items by their requirements which should help with building your pretenders.

Vexing Vision
21-01-2012, 08:26 AM

I use what I need to use. IT WOULD HAVE WORKED IF IT WEREN'T FOR THESE DAMN KIDS. Err, FINS.

Vexing Vision
21-01-2012, 08:45 AM
Are there any mods that improve the battle scripting system at all?

Some of the available behavour for a number of troop types aren't really that good, for example troops with melee weapons and throwing weapons either seem to behave like archers and will carry on throwing in melee range or will ignore the throwing weapons and just charge.

You can script archery troops to "hold and attack". During Hold, they will use their missile weapons. This allows them to Hold for two rounds, then charge.

Throwing weapons usually only come with two or three ammunition anyway. When a missile unit runs out of ammo, it'll charge in.

Alternatively, set the unit as a bodyguard around a commander. They'll use their missile weapons in range but stick close to the commander - just tell him to charge, and the unit will charge with him.

riadsala
21-01-2012, 12:24 PM
All I want from Dominions4 is an improved interface! I wouldn't even mind if is reused most the same graphics.

A battle interface similar to GSB would be great. And a better way of organising your troops into divisions and armies.

The Innocent
22-01-2012, 11:38 PM
For Sarigs' game: I have everyone's nation preferences except for groovychainsaw's.

groovychainsaw
23-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Gah, sorry guys - I'll get on and do this this evening...

The Innocent
23-01-2012, 05:04 PM
Cool, thanks to random draft by die roll, the faction picks for the "rookie game" (not sure what else to call it... Nullkigan's game? Sarigs' game?) are as follows:

groovychainsaw: Arcoscephale
Jarvis: Pangaea
MasterBoo: Abyssia
Nullkigan: T'ien Ch'i
riadsala: Jotunheim
Sarigs: C'tis

Good luck to everyone! Have a great game. ;)

riadsala
23-01-2012, 05:41 PM
Cool, thanks to random draft by die roll, the faction picks for the "rookie game" (not sure what else to call it... Nullkigan's game? Sarigs' game?) are as follows:

groovychainsaw: Arcoscephale
Jarvis: Pangaea
MasterBoo: Abyssia
Nullkigan: T'ien Ch'i
riadsala: Jotunheim
Sarigs: C'tis

Good luck to everyone! Have a great game. ;)

Should we set up a seperate thread?

Zyrden
24-01-2012, 08:57 PM
Does underwater combat work differently?
I know it affects archery and movement, but are there any other differences?
For example; how the hell did I only petrify 2 of your guys VV? I had Terror 10 too, but that didn't seem to do anything. High morale counters?
On the other hand, I am now a member of the exclusive Dead Pretenders Club. Yay.

Vexing Vision
24-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Underwatercombat is a lot more exhausting. I think it goes Aquarian troops > Amphibian Troops > Poor Amphibian Troops for endurance costs under water.

I hadn't had a look yet, but I assume that you hit full exhaustion very quickly, at which point you become utterly helpless.

Oceania's strength are my very powerful underwater troops. It's the land expansion I am struggling with big time! Terror 10, if I remember correctly, only enforces the difficulty of all moral rolls, which apparently you did not cause (the first moral roll happens when 75% of a unit are wounded or slain, I believe).

Zyrden
24-01-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't think it's because of exhaustion since I had rejuvenation, and after some decent spells fatigue was only 34.
I think Petrify is a chance to insta-kill an attacker. The description certainly sounds like that. I guess I got really unlucky about that, since I've seen it kill about 10 guys a turn.
Your explanation of Fear(misremembered the name) makes sense though.
And here I was, looking forward to getting some water gem income. I should have tried an independent province first :/

Vexing Vision
25-01-2012, 10:22 AM
Petrify can be resisted with MR, and my underwater troops are ACE (unlike my surface PD, which are not even remotely ace).

Tonight, I'll have another look at the battle to see what actually killed her. You can rightclick her all the time to check her current fatigue.

J.B.
25-01-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, I'm officially out. Please do PM me links to any blogs on the go, I'm keen to read them.

Good luck to all still battling on, I'll be watching with great interest.

Vexing Vision
27-01-2012, 01:44 PM
That sucks, J.B. Who do I get to forge things for me now? :(

Anyway! I had a look at what killed your Medusa, and you ran into a group of Alicorns. Alicornriders have magical weapons and very high attack rating. Also, one of my shark knights got a bite in before you got your protection up.

You did petrify quite a few of mine, but I do have Gift of Health up and you've been in my dominion. :)

Zyrden
27-01-2012, 04:07 PM
Ah, magical weapons explain why she got skewered so fast. Forgot about dominion too.
This is what happens when you've had no resistance with your SC all game, you get careless and they die :(
Also, Gorgon, not Medusa(Although she was a gorgon(Yeah, I'm a grammar-nazi)).

J.B.
27-01-2012, 09:58 PM
That sucks, J.B. Who do I get to forge things for me now? :(

You'll have to make your own wonderful toys now, I'm afraid. Thanks to those of you who bought my products anyway =)

Also, I haven't had any PMs with blog details yet. Come on, you slackers!

Zyrden
27-01-2012, 10:46 PM
Well, mine is text-only. I'll put the images in once the game is over. Dunno how entertaining it is without screens, but if you want I can send you the link.

J.B.
27-01-2012, 10:48 PM
I don't mind waiting really, I'm sure it will be more fun with the pics!

Bramble
28-01-2012, 08:41 PM
I'm curious, how many interested parties would there be if I were to host a game. I'm envisioning using the latest version of the CBM mod, middle ages, 48 hour timer, and for players who consider themselves somewhat skilled (as in, have played once or twice before). Complete newbies would be welcome too, but with the understanding that other players aren't necessarily newbies themselves.

Just want to sound out the interest level before I commit to anything.

The Innocent
29-01-2012, 12:55 AM
@Bramble

I wouldn't mind jumping into another game.

Bramble
01-02-2012, 01:27 AM
Great, any more interest? I notice that Solium Infernum seems much more popular than Dominions around here, just the opposite of some other PC gaming communities!

Nullkigan
01-02-2012, 01:31 AM
Solium's cheaper, newer, prettier and more accessible. Which, looking at Solium itself, is no kind of amazing. Solium's also popular here because of the game diary; I imagine a Dom3 one on the front page would double the total sales of the game to date and unearth a load more players.

I'm still in the first few turns of my first ever multiplayer game so I can't commit to another just yet, sorry.

Vexing Vision
01-02-2012, 06:00 AM
I love Dominions, badly, but my work-life and mental sanity barely keeps me in our 1/week game. There is no way I could commit to a 1/48h game without dropping out after ten turns.

Sarigs
01-02-2012, 12:12 PM
I'm curious, how many interested parties would there be if I were to host a game. I'm envisioning using the latest version of the CBM mod, middle ages, 48 hour timer, and for players who consider themselves somewhat skilled (as in, have played once or twice before). Complete newbies would be welcome too, but with the understanding that other players aren't necessarily newbies themselves.

Just want to sound out the interest level before I commit to anything.

How complicate is modding? I'm running vanilla atm and have two on-going games using the same.....

riadsala
01-02-2012, 12:41 PM
also, what does the mod do? I assume it doesn't improve the interface :-(

Nullkigan
01-02-2012, 01:00 PM
The Conceptual Balance Mod changes point costs and abilities of various units; mostly it means that the Prince of Death chassis isn't a no-brainer during pretender creation by e.g. giving white bulls more hp and a gemgen attribute, etc etc etc. It's quite easy to install a mod, you just drop it in the /mods folder and enable it in the options menu, but if you try to connect to/process a game without the mod when the mod is enabled (or vice versa) bad stuff happens.

riadsala
01-02-2012, 01:16 PM
The Conceptual Balance Mod changes point costs and abilities of various units; mostly it means that the Prince of Death chassis isn't a no-brainer during pretender creation by e.g. giving white bulls more hp and a gemgen attribute, etc etc etc. It's quite easy to install a mod, you just drop it in the /mods folder and enable it in the options menu, but if you try to connect to/process a game without the mod when the mod is enabled (or vice versa) bad stuff happens.

That sounds good. One of the disappoint aspects of Dom3 is that while there is loads of "stuff" a lot of the options don't appear to be useful.

Vexing Vision
01-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I genuinely dislike the balance mod. There is a lot of stuff that seems useless - until you had it used against you. A white bull with even more hp and gemgeneration is a no-brainer, really. :/

Nullkigan
01-02-2012, 04:31 PM
I have no idea if it actually does that, but honestly a white bull is a lot less viable than a prince of death, cyclops, crone or master lich the base game will generally see people resort to.

riadsala
01-02-2012, 05:10 PM
I genuinely dislike the balance mod. There is a lot of stuff that seems useless - until you had it used against you. A white bull with even more hp and gemgeneration is a no-brainer, really. :/

Ok then, could you let me know what use the Jot' moose riders are? Sure, they're cool, but why would I ever recruit them?

Sarigs
01-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Ok then, could you let me know what use the Jot' moose riders are? Sure, they're cool, but why would I ever recruit them?

That one :-)

Vexing Vision
01-02-2012, 05:45 PM

Because you have Gift of Health active which multiplies a unit's base hitpoints, as well as that cheap thauma or alteration spell that increases attack for your army, at which point you have a group of near supercombatants dealing a billion ton of damage due to their multi-attack and having the hitpoints to just not give a care.

Also, they look cool. ;)

I like the imbalance between the current nations. It adds flavour, but I've always been more a style over substance player. :)

lasikbear
01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
I would be interested in a game, not sure I fall under the category of 'slightly skilled' but I have played some SP games and read the one Dominions 3 entry in the LP archive so I at least have an idea of what I wish I was accomplishing.

Vexing Vision
02-02-2012, 11:20 AM
Traitorous Ermor! You will NEVER know peace and prosperity of the Ocean's gentle shores again!

Nullkigan
02-02-2012, 01:40 PM
I would be interested in a game, not sure I fall under the category of 'slightly skilled' but I have played some SP games and read the one Dominions 3 entry in the LP archive so I at least have an idea of what I wish I was accomplishing.

I have this odd feeling that I won't be in the Game Of Noobs game for much longer. There are several tall and angry men who wish to have a word with me.

Jarvis
02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Don't worry nullkigan depending on how he answers his pm one of the tall angry men might become easy pickings.

Jarvis
08-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Due to technical difficulties we're restarting the Noob game that was going on so we're putting the call out for new players as well.

The game details are:-

Vanilla, latest patch, middle age blind pick of 3 submitted nations independant person sorting out who gets what (last time probably again) 12 provinces per player, no AI, out of game comunication is okay and graphs turned on.

Don't think i've missed anything so if your interested jump over to the Dominions Noob thread and present yourself.

If your not interested then read this :- http://lparchive.org/Dominions-3/ then do the above.

Bramble
10-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Ah well, not really enough interest for right now, I'll try again in a few weeks.

Vexing Vision
20-02-2012, 07:47 AM
Okay, so my computer crashed and burned 10 days ago. While I got a new laptop as a temporary replacement until I can afford a real one again, I appear to have lost my Dominions CD. I still have the manual and CD key, so Innocent was kindly trying to provide me with the necessary files, but either my laptop can't handle Dominions (it should!), or there's something else happening.

Long story short = I can't install Dom3 at the moment. Have contacted Shrapnel-support, will see what comes of it. Just put me on AI, although I'd have loved to see my little surprise for Yomi coming into fruition. :(

Spoiler: If anyone of you manages to take either of my citadels, there are quite a few significant treasures in there. Sorry for dropping out of this, it's been a fun game. (Although I am not going to play Oceania again - Gods, those land-troops are way too weak.)

Zyrden
20-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Aw. But why not just download/pirate a new install? Since you bought the game, it's legal to just replace the files. Your key should still work with a new install too I presume?

Vexing Vision
20-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Aw. But why not just download/pirate a new install? Since you bought the game, it's legal to just replace the files. Your key should still work with a new install too I presume?

I tried that actually, but it wouldn't register my key (which is entirely legit but has been around since the game launched).... it's either my laptop or Innocent's files.

riadsala
22-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Just went to take my turn, and I got a state turn warning? Is there something funny happening, or am I just going senile in my old ages? I sure spent long enough making orders last turn. Hmm, oh well.

The Innocent
22-02-2012, 10:11 PM
@riadsala

Nobody submitted a turn this last round.

So it's senility ;)

It won't affect anything though, since everyone else missed a turn too.

The Innocent
22-02-2012, 10:12 PM
@VV

I don't know what to tell you... I'll try to make an ISO later this week.

What happens when you install it? Does it just fail totally or what?

MasterBoo
23-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I have my installation file on a Dropbox folder, will this help?

Vexing Vision
20-03-2012, 08:57 AM
So the key really doesn't work with Innocent's files. It also does not work with the Image floating around the world wide webs.

Shrapnel hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Looks like I have no choice than digging through things until I find my CDs. :(

gp1628
27-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Sorry for being slightly off-topic. I will keep it short.
A DEMO version of Illwinters (makers of Dominions 3) new game, Conquest of Elysium 3, is now available at Desura.com
http://www.desura.com/games/conquest-of-elysium-3
Purchase price for the full game is $30

Sarigs
27-03-2012, 04:34 PM
Just out of interest lads and ladies, what's the current turn count and how's the game looking? :-)

Zyrden
28-03-2012, 02:07 PM
We're at turn 44, and soon the world will be under Sauromatian rule!
That is, we're at the end-game now I think, with only 3 active players left. The lack of powerful mages in the early era is really showing now, for me at least. Territory-wise it's pretty even though, so anyone can take the game.
Oh, and the AAR is at 22k words and 675 screens now, maybe I'm overdoing it?

Sarigs
28-03-2012, 04:11 PM
We're at turn 44, and soon the world will be under Sauromatian rule!
That is, we're at the end-game now I think, with only 3 active players left. The lack of powerful mages in the early era is really showing now, for me at least. Territory-wise it's pretty even though, so anyone can take the game.

Oooh shiny, let us know when it's available to rear :-)

The Innocent
28-03-2012, 11:12 PM

Wow. I've been doing writeups too, but wow. I'm looking forward to reading things from your perspective. =D

wedge99
13-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Hey guys,

We were talking about starting up another game over here, http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2782-Dominion-3-A-Game-of-Noobs&p=114930#post114930. If any of you are interested just reply to either thread and I'll get in touch. I haven't posted much on the RPS threads, I've read RPS for something like two years but just never really comment. I'm in a game now with The Innocent and Sarigs and I would love to get another game going. As soon as we have some more interest we can all hash out the details for the game. Thanks

Zyrden
23-04-2012, 03:31 PM
So, right now the game is going at snail's pace, though I think it's mostly cause Riad is really busy these days, which is fine. The thing is though; how much is there left of the match? Maybe we should just call it now.
From what I can tell, I won the game by beating The Innocent's massive army. My scouting tells me you have nothing left, just those archers. If so, then your lands are now mine. And with double the territory, I should be able to beat Riad. Especially if he keeps going more into undead, who I can just banish.

riadsala
23-04-2012, 03:47 PM
So, right now the game is going at snail's pace, though I think it's mostly cause Riad is really busy these days, which is fine.

yeah, sorry about that! It's a case of being busy, and wanting to do my turns properly! I've decided that Dom3 is really ALL about the micromanaging, so logging on and spending 2 minutes looking over some orders isn't really playing the game.

if you're THAT powerful, then I'm happy to hand you the game.... I'll let the Innocent chime in...? A slow grind resulting in my death won't be fun! But if the Innocent thinks he can take you in the east then I'm still game.

Either way, making it to the last three in my first ever game is a result that I'm happy with.

The Innocent
24-04-2012, 08:14 PM
So, right now the game is going at snail's pace, though I think it's mostly cause Riad is really busy these days, which is fine. The thing is though; how much is there left of the match? Maybe we should just call it now.
From what I can tell, I won the game by beating The Innocent's massive army. My scouting tells me you have nothing left, just those archers. If so, then your lands are now mine. And with double the territory, I should be able to beat Riad. Especially if he keeps going more into undead, who I can just banish.

Yeah, it's basically over. I think we should do 2-3 more turns to make sure your win is completely solid, and then end the game.

Thoughts?

MasterBoo
25-04-2012, 07:07 AM
Eager to see your journals!

riadsala
25-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Yeah, it's basically over. I think we should do 2-3 more turns to make sure your win is completely solid, and then end the game.

Thoughts?

now that I'm a little less busy with work, i'll try and speed up my turns.

Shame my AAR only goes half way through the game

Zyrden
25-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Thoughts?

Fine by me.

riadsala
25-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I'll do my best to make the story end with a bang!

Zyrden
25-04-2012, 11:38 PM
Alright, I checked the new turn, and I'm certain now that you have nothing save your pretender Innocent. Those fire elementals though... :/
Since we're ending the game, I was thinking we could make a finale, rather than a slow progression. A bang? Oh yes, a big bang.
How about this: we gather ALL the forces we have, and fight one last battle. The winner gets the world. In order to make it fair, we'll agree to cease recruitment, summoning and so on. No mercenaries either (Even though I'm the one with merc mages :P). What type is your pretender? If it's immobile we would have to fight at your capital, otherwise, I'll let you choose the battlefield. Feel free to join in Innocent, with what little you have left now >:)

pakoito
13-12-2012, 11:13 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?7300-Dominions-3-on-Desura-THE-4x-fantasy-game-since-2006-finally-at-a-decent-price&p=229475#post229475

The game released just today on Desura for 20€

gp1628
20-12-2012, 07:36 PM
Dominions 3 is now on Desura for $30
A new DEMO is available for Linux and Windows and Mac OSX. The new demo is caught up on all of the patched changes to the game.
Also for those who have the Dom3 game already, Illwinter has added the 300 page manual to their page as a free PDF download.
http://www.illwinter.com/

The demo limits research to level 4, and limits the playable classes. But it does now give a correct impression of the play and the system requirements.
The demo DOES allow for multiplay with friends.
The server www.Dom3Minions.com has more info and open games for DEMO play.

riadsala
20-12-2012, 09:04 PM
If anybody is looking for a pretty new player (bought game last year, only played two games) then I'd be interested, as long as it wasn't much more than a turn per week :)

Prester John
27-12-2012, 07:00 PM
Just picked this up... so anyone looking for a game?! Could do a turn most nights...

Sarigs
28-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Just picked this up... so anyone looking for a game?! Could do a turn most nights...

I'm always up for a another game, it's worth starting up a new thread to recruit people though :-)

zakalwe
28-12-2012, 05:57 PM
Hey Guys,

Me and GSU Dyslexic Organiser are friendly noobs to dom 3 and both looking to join a game if there is one going.Have posted such in Prester Johns new thread so anyone else interested should sign up and hopefully we can get one running.

Zyrden
30-12-2012, 07:25 AM
Oh man, almost a year and we haven't finished this game yet. Riad, what do you say we just make peace and end it? I don't like the thought of having wasted all the time writing that AAR.

riadsala
30-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Oh man, almost a year and we haven't finished this game yet. Riad, what do you say we just make peace and end it? I don't like the thought of having wasted all the time writing that AAR.

Aarrrgh. Sure. You should of nagged me more! Sorry :-(

Or, we could try and get it finished over the next week. There's only the three of us left right?