PDA

View Full Version : Sodding steam!

Simon
06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
I have DNF here ready to be completed but It wont unlock on steam!

Baris
06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
...Didn't you get banned for that TB troll topic?

Kadayi
06-06-2011, 05:24 PM
Problems with Steam? Try here: -

https://support.steampowered.com/

...Didn't you get banned for that TB troll topic?

In my wisdom I convinced Jim to give him a second chance, though I'm beginning to rue that now...

Simon
06-06-2011, 05:28 PM
i never made a topic about tuberculosis

Unaco
06-06-2011, 05:30 PM
In my wisdom I convinced Jim to give him a second chance, though I'm beginning to rue that now...

[sarcasm tag] Well done Sir. (imagine some very slow clapping coming from me, and the most severe sneer you're likely to see). Thanks Kadayi. I'm sure we'll never forget this. [/sarcasm tag]

Kadayi
06-06-2011, 05:35 PM
[sarcasm tag] Well done Sir. (imagine some very slow clapping coming from me, and the most severe sneer you're likely to see). Thanks Kadayi. I'm sure we'll never forget this. [/sarcasm tag]

You're welcome. The point was no rules were in place at the time so it seemed a little harsh to ban someone for doing something idiotic on their first offence. I take it you disagree with that assessment?

Vague-rant
06-06-2011, 05:38 PM
You're welcome. The point was no rules were in place at the time so it seemed a little harsh to ban someone for doing something idiotic on their first offence. I take it you disagree with that assessment?

Actually, yes, I do. That's another thread though and the new ignore/block function is Awesome.

Flint
06-06-2011, 05:40 PM
DNF's release date is on the 9th anyway.

Wolfenswan
06-06-2011, 05:44 PM
(imagine some very slow clapping coming from me, and the most severe sneer you're likely to see). Thanks Kadayi. I'm sure we'll never forget this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGyZcA9xAnE

Unaco
06-06-2011, 05:46 PM
I take it you disagree with that assessment?

Yes. Vehemently. Though as Vague-rant says, that's another topic.

cowthief skank
06-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I have DNF here ready to be completed but It wont unlock on steam!

But it isn't released til the 9th / 10th? Or am I missing something?

Shakermaker
06-06-2011, 07:07 PM
But it isn't released til the 9th / 10th? Or am I missing something?

Yeah. And the game not unlocking WHILE THE FILES ARE ON HIS ******* HARD DRIVE is Valve's fault of course.

Just ban this bozo.

Oak
06-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Nah, I like the cut of his jib. I say we give him a third chance.

Baris
06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
I dunno, if you ignore the nastiness from him and pretend it's Simon from the Magicka casts TB does it's sort of entertaining.

StrangLove
06-06-2011, 07:26 PM
Maybe I should convince Jim to give him a third chance, I like how he turned a reference to a troll-tasm of a topic into a reference to a horrible disease.

Schaulustiger
06-06-2011, 08:03 PM
This thread clearly needs more "Community" in it.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk8pd7OQZL1qa623v.gif

icupnimpn2
06-06-2011, 08:32 PM
this is like disease transmission. we need to ban errrebody that has posted in the same thread as him. oh, wait, no!

deano2099
07-06-2011, 01:01 AM
While it's a fairly aggressive way of putting it, the OP raises an interesting point.

What do we all think about release-date control, and DRM systems that specifically stop you playing a game before 'release date'? What is the nature of a release date? Is it a good or bad thing for the consumer? Is strict enforcement of it good or bad? If we've paid for something, the money has come out of our account, and the box is here, should publishers really have a right to restrict us from playing those games until an arbitrary date? Shouldn't they be stopping people like Amazon sending stuff our early? Would we be as annoyed with the OP right now if the game was out in the US and the only reason he can't play it is the UK release date is 3 days later and that's when it unlocks on Steam? Was Abed really in Cougar Town?

Can we not debate the topic rather than just have a go at the OP?

somini
07-06-2011, 01:14 AM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/22/no-oceans-call-for-worldwide-release-dates/
Already debated...

thegooseking
07-06-2011, 05:21 AM
There's only been one or two times he's said something that I thought was transgressive. Apart from that, I don't think unflagging negativity of little substance is necessarily a good reason to ban someone, though it might be a good reason to ignore him.

cowthief skank
07-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Would we be as annoyed with the OP right now if the game was out in the US and the only reason he can't play it is the UK release date is 3 days later and that's when it unlocks on Steam?

Sure, I would agree with that statement; uneven release dates make no sense and actually drive people to piracy - some people need relatively little persuasion, and we really need to get rid of the ridiculous situation where games can be released digitally on different dates as there is no real-worl logic to it. Maybe the publishers have some sort of logic they use, but for the rest of us in the real world, it is nonsense.

But the thing is... according to this post (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/24/duke-nukem-forever-release-date/) it is not set for release in America til the 14th.

So really this thread was just to whinge about the game being unplayable before release. Which is a little like moaning that your local cinema won't let you in to watch your most-anticipated film til release day.

dsi1
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Am I the only one wondering about this "TB troll topic"?

deano2099
07-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Threads can be changed, I know DNF is out on the same day, but I'm just trying to further the discussion.

The thing is, when someone posts something like this there are three ways everyone else can respond:

a) mock and whine back at him and tell him he's a troll and to shut up

b) ignore him entirely

c) pick up on the vaguely interesting point behind the whining and discuss that instead.

I'm all for b) or c), but doing the first one seems silly.