PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl Challenge League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

drawlien
06-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Hello everyone,

This thread is for organising matches in the RPS Challenge League in the Legendary Edition of Blood Bowl.

If you are new and want to enter a team then just search for "RPS Challenge League" in the league finder function and apply with a new team, there is no password.

This league is open to all comers, please post in this thread if you have entered a team and I will confirm that you have been accepted!

The rules are as follows:
Any teams welcome, old or new.
As many teams as you like.
2-4 minute turns.
Challenge games are ranked.
Matchmaking games are ranked.
There is no schedule just play as often as you feel like against whoever is available.

Games don't need to be validated before you can level players etc. like for a Championship. If anyone would like to volunteer as a commissioner to help me run the league then let me know (all you will need to do is accept new teams occasionally)!

If you know you will want to play a game at a certain time then post a challenge in this thread.

If you have any questions then please ask.

drawlien
06-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Spankymonkey: Sorry about the game last night, we had a power cut. :( Was a really exciting match up to that point so I was really gutted.

Indefatigible Snoozer
06-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Spankymonkey is no more, and has been reborn as Indefatigible Snoozer across all platforms.

No problem. I figured it was something like that. I would have liked to see how it ended - you were near to scoring at the end.

However, your apology is really, completely and totally unnecessary since my two forfeit MVPs gave me TWO AGI 5 ELVES, one of whom is my already Blodging Blitzer! Your power failure obviously short circuited Cyanide's dice randomiser, or something, and it is I who should be thanking your power company/electrician!

On that note, I'd be happy to volunteer as a commissioner, since I'm getting pretty involved these days, and seem to always be hanging around in the lobby.

Daave
06-06-2011, 09:10 PM
Looking for a game this evening. Probably with my goblins.

Lacero
06-06-2011, 09:53 PM
I've applied with a skaven team. I'm looking forward to lots of flukey touchdowns and dead rats.

Screwie
06-06-2011, 11:10 PM
I applied with a couple more teams that were only gathering dust in the Nag Open.

EDIT: Ah they've been accepted already, many thanks!

Gorm
07-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Anyone around to play in the next two hours?

Flanks
07-06-2011, 11:12 AM
I have applied, just waiting for someone to approve my Norse team :)

Daave
07-06-2011, 06:35 PM
Accepted teams from Flanks and Lacero. Also I'd like a game with my gobbos tonight. Had a great match with Snoozer's vamps last night :)

Flanks
07-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks Dave, my Norse are looking for their first game if you like?

duff
08-06-2011, 12:27 AM
Hi Flanks, did you get a game yet? If not I could manage one over the next few days.

Screwie
08-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Accepted teams from Flanks and Lacero. Also I'd like a game with my gobbos tonight. Had a great match with Snoozer's vamps last night :)

Sweet, we absolutely MUST have a goblin v goblin match at some point!

Gorm
08-06-2011, 08:11 AM
Up for a game or two in the next few hours, hit me up on steam

Daave
08-06-2011, 01:44 PM
It's on Screw! What TV are you currently at? I think the next time I'm free is Sunday afternoon or Monday night.

Thanks for the game last night gorm, I persuaded him to play me with woodies rather than norse, then proceeded to beat the crap out of him (sorry). I even killed a wardancer so he had to retire the team, but he remained resolutely chipper about proceedings. Although I would say, allowing me to score unopposed after you had decided to abandon the team was out of keeping with the way I think the game should be played, and a little too close to SPP farming for my liking.

Edit: It was Flanks all along!

Screwie
08-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I can't check right now, but I believe my Stikky Fingerz are at the 1300-1350 TV mark. I've had some TV bloat from goblins ranking up and not dying like they've been told to :(

Sunday is fine by me. I've never played GvG before, I can't wait to see all those secret toys on the pitch!

Gorm
08-06-2011, 02:24 PM
I dont have a wood elf team... no idea who you played Daave.
I think i was too drunk to create a team, successfully and then play a whole game.
Although if i did i am impressed.

Also looking for a game in the next few hours.

drawlien
08-06-2011, 02:32 PM
If you are playing Goblin vs. Goblin I've found the Fanatic to be next to useless. They are meant for cage-busting low agility bashy teams and Gobbos definitely don't fall into that category! The chainsaw and potentially the bombardier (haven't used him in GvG) should be pretty effective though!

drawlien
08-06-2011, 02:46 PM
On that note, I'd be happy to volunteer as a commissioner, since I'm getting pretty involved these days, and seem to always be hanging around in the lobby.

Offer accepted!

Flanks
08-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I wasn't trying to let you Farm SPPs Dave, was trying to kill a goblin to get some revenge! Totally in keeping with bloodbowl in my opinion ;)

Indefatigible Snoozer
08-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Looking for a game in about an hour, pm me on steam.

Flanks
08-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I can give you a game if you like Snooz.

Copper8642
09-06-2011, 01:09 AM
Ready and waiting with my Lizards.

Screwie
09-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm around and up for a game this evening.

Msg me in-game (Screwberry Jam) or on Steam (spuffpuppy).

Gorm
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Anyone up for a game in the next hour?

Peter Radiator Full Pig
10-06-2011, 09:54 PM
Ive applied to join, in game name the same as here. Got human and dark elf teams. With only two matches to my name, Im fairly confident.

Indefatigible Snoozer
10-06-2011, 11:29 PM
It is my honour, in my first act after working out how to administer stuff, to accept PRFP's two teams. Welcome!

President Weasel
11-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Herro. Contact me on the Steams (chompmancobra) if you want a game of blood bowl this afternoon.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
11-06-2011, 05:27 PM
Steam acting up. Anyone around for a game? Ill hop into RPS Steam chat.

Indefatigible Snoozer
11-06-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll be around for the next hour. PM if you want a game. Hopefully I can improve on my DoD result - even a 0-2 loss would lift my spirits!

SoulPride
12-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Applied with my old rat team The Ticklemonsters, and a new Nurgle team named Super Friendship Squad.

Daave
12-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Accepted your teams SoulPride. Also looking for a game with my gobbos.

President Weasel
12-06-2011, 06:32 PM
I threw your gobbos a challenge and you blanked me like some kind of blanker.
Anyone for a game?

Screwie
13-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Sorry I missed our GvG game plans after all, Daave. Hopefully we can rectify that some time this week.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
13-06-2011, 12:43 PM
Anyone around for a game? Tried Auld and Nagg leagues for 43 minutes so far with one opponent who decided he wasnt going to play against orcs.

Im in chat if someone wants to pop in.

Daave
13-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Had a comedy game against PresW last night, 3 deaths by turn 3. My fanatic got killed on turn 1, then my hired star player got injured on turn 2 and the ball bounced into the hands of my chainsaw gobbo who proceeded to fail a dodge and die a turn later. Then I tried to wreak some havoc with my bombardier and he managed to KO a rat ogre, but I didn't injure enough rats early on and his GRs ran circles round me.

3-1 in the end, I must admit gobins are the only team I don't mind losing with, I think I'm going to play the "challenge" teams pretty exclusively in casual matches from now on.

Screwie
13-06-2011, 03:40 PM
Sounds painful :(

I've been practising with the bombardier in my SP games. He's quickly becoming my favourite Secret Weapon gobbo.

Obviously low AG and Stunty teams will hate him, but my favourite tactic is throwing a bomb at a group of downed players, as it's a pretty safe way to get 1-3 free fouls with zero chance of being sent off. In this way he's still useful against elfy opponents.

In my SP campaign I just confirmed that standing via Jump Up doesn't stop the bombardier chucking a bomb on the same turn, which is a pretty neat trick. :)

groovychainsaw
13-06-2011, 03:44 PM
Damn - I presumed it would stop him and gave him (nearly entirely redundant) side step instead. Jump up would have been far more useful. I do like the bombardier, even after the last game where he blew himself up turn one. At least it was just a KO....

President Weasel
13-06-2011, 03:46 PM
It started off as awesome, and then started making me feel bad as my rats cut a swathe through the goblins without me even trying. Nuffle's mighty Thumb was firmly on the scales.

The very first move, in the very first turn, that my new rat ogre ("Nappy-wearing Psychopath McGee") played in my team, he killed Daave's fanatic. The very first thing he ever did. I think the fanatic had managed to KO a rat first on his way through my lines, but fetching up standing next to the rat ogre without supports gave me a simple two dicer on him. I didn't expect him to die, or realise that Daave had no apoc. In the same match McGee maimed or injured two more goblins despite spending several turns snoozing on the sidelines, so he now has juggernaught.
Daave also managed to kill his own chainsaw looney, who was carrying the ball at the time, through a dodge that failed. The injury box was packed to the gunwhales by the end of the game.

Daave did manage to get a touchdown by dint of sheer bloody-minded "screw you Nuffle" persistence, and for that I sincerely applaud him.

Daave
13-06-2011, 05:25 PM
Spare me your pity! Got loads of cash for replacement maniacs as I've been trying to keep my TV low, I didn't get that bitter taste in my mouth like I normally do when I lose.

I got some bad luck early on, but the rat ogre was a star player and mashed my shit up. I thought 7 strength was enough to stop your rat ogre hitting my fanatic but I was clearly wrong. It was never going to go well when I got that many turnovers but I think I'm getting better at playing goblins, the key is to be incredibly vicious early on and try to put your opponent into a position where they are outnumbered heavily. Failing that, throw bombs and/or goblins all over the shop.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
13-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Man, do those descriptions make me want to play against some Goblins. Only I still know too little of this game.

Daave
13-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Looking to test undead vs. lizardmen tonight, or just play another game with my gobbos.

Indefatigible Snoozer
13-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Looking for a game in the next 2 hours. PM me.

Daave
13-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Continuing from yesterday's match in fine form against Indefatigible Snoozer's Lizardmen. Two ghouls, one wight and one zombie died, and in return I injured about 6 lizards, all for a 1-1 draw.

potatoedoughnut
14-06-2011, 01:13 AM
Give me a holler (read steam msg) if anyone wants a game tonight.

Indefatigible Snoozer
14-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Continuing from yesterday's match in fine form against Indefatigible Snoozer's Lizardmen. Two ghouls, one wight and one zombie died, and in return I injured about 6 lizards, all for a 1-1 draw.

Yeah, 6 lizards casualtied out, with my Krox, a Saurus and a skink missing the next game. One of the most bloody games I have ever played. But, if it makes you feel better, don't think of your dead undead players as 'dead', rather look at them as 'returned to their natural state'.

Peter Radiator Full Pig
14-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Cant send you a Steam message. Is it even possble to do that to people that arent your friend? I tried before and couldnt. Generally, jump into the group chat, and hopefully it flashes if someone wants a game.
And I have no idea where CLLIA is, is it night there now, or are you looking to get a game later? I think we generally work of GMT as its a british based website.

Indefatigible Snoozer
14-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Looking for a game tonight - PM me on steam.

potatoedoughnut
14-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Yeah you have to add people to send msgs on Steam. There never seems to be anyone in the RPS BB chat, and just posting here usually nets a game pretty quickly.

США = Соединённые Шта́ты Аме́рики (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States).

Incidentally, if anyone wants a game tonight let me know :)

Alethron
15-06-2011, 08:25 AM
I have a day off today and am up for some Blood Bowl - if anyone wants to play, message me in steam - steam name is also Alethron

Alethron
17-06-2011, 02:58 PM
If anyone is up for a game this afternoon message me on steam, I am free!

Screwie
17-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm around this evening and looking for a game.

Alethron
19-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Am around again today and still clamouring for some BB, message me on steam.

President Weasel
19-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Anyone up for a game? I just got two defeats to Alethron - the first because my game crashed, and the second, worse, defeat because it didn't :)

potatoedoughnut
19-06-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm around/up for a game if you want one Pres (or anyone else).

Edit: Thanks for the game Pres, my first win in the challenge league! (thanks to 650 worth of inducements and heat keeping Pres down the entire game).

HughTower
20-06-2011, 08:06 PM
Game? Now? Anyone? Bueller.....?

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 08:08 PM
playing Zoraster's halfings and terrifying thicket of doom team right now in the open. Be up for a match in an hour or so though...

HughTower
20-06-2011, 08:10 PM
Okely dokely, Weaselly.

Good luck. Mind that bran....

Oh.

President Weasel
20-06-2011, 10:58 PM
Looked like you'd got yourself a game by the time I was free. I got a game against Snoozer's vampires instead, during which the block and injury dice were viciously mean to him. Hope it was more fun for you than it looked, Snoozer.

potatoedoughnut
20-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Around if anyone wants a blood bowl.

Indefatigible Snoozer
21-06-2011, 03:37 PM
Looked like you'd got yourself a game by the time I was free. I got a game against Snoozer's vampires instead, during which the block and injury dice were viciously mean to him. Hope it was more fun for you than it looked, Snoozer.

Yeah - my 390k Star vampire being casualtied out on a failed dodge on turn 3 was not helpful.
Not having much luck with my vamps thus far.

President Weasel
21-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Not to mention you putting a thrall in front of my blitzer who was in receiving position, then hitting him with a vampire for a two dice block which came up attacker down/both down and left the vamp with a busted leg and me with an easy touchdown. You didn't have the best of luck with the dice.

SoulPride
21-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I'm around for the rest of the day, looking for a match with my pretty-much-new Nurgle team.

Indefatigible Snoozer
21-06-2011, 06:07 PM
There's a team awaiting entry with COach named Supadupa - haven't seen a post from you.

potatoedoughnut
21-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Around for a game if anyone's interested.

Gorm
22-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Around for a game, add me on steam or message here

Gorm
22-06-2011, 03:36 PM
Still around, had a game vs Drawlien but i'm up for another game.
The score line doesnt really match how it felt to play, 2-1 to his High Elves but i managed the touchdown with my orcs in the last turn. Went for a stupid pick up from a black orc since there was no way he could stop my td.
He definatly out played me most of the match and my better experience playing skaven definatly showed with me trying far too many dodges and passes.

Indefatigible Snoozer
23-06-2011, 10:23 AM
It's a holiday in Germany today, so I'll be around all day. PM me on steam if you want a game.

President Weasel
24-06-2011, 09:29 PM
I just played Snoozer, and he got three blitzes in a row to turn the game around and win 4-2.
Snoozer, it's chompmancobra on steam, I didn't have time to answer. Thanks for the game, it was fun even though you were clearly using evil Germanic witchy magic in the second half. It's the only explanation that makes sense.

Indefatigible Snoozer
24-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Ich bin ein Magier.

President Weasel
24-06-2011, 10:53 PM
Doch, du bist ein echt Hexenmagier!

Indefatigible Snoozer
25-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Looking for a game for the next 2 hours. PM me on steam.

Gorm
27-06-2011, 11:50 AM
Looking for a game in the next, i dunno 5 hours

Copper8642
28-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Lookin' fo' a game.

Screwie
28-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Thanks to our resident President for the Orcs (PW) v Goblins (Me) match last night. It was 3-0 in the end, as in every drive I ended up badly outnumbered and could no longer hold muster enough defence/nuisance to detain his runners.

My looney bowed out of the game early, thanking his lucky stars to only be badly hurt. I stupidly missed the bribe prompts so my fanatic was sent packing after the first drive. My bombardier was a star though... He made one perfect throw (in a blizzard! I think he disguised the bomb as a snowball) and later a heroic diving tackle, which more than made up for the time that other bomb which blew up in his face.

Despite the number of injuries in my dug out, only one was anything but badly hurt. I bought 2 Bludweiser Babes, only to incur a single KO during the whole match. Next time I'll take one less bribe and the wizard!

Indefatigible Snoozer
28-06-2011, 03:48 PM
I will be up for a game between the hours of 5 and 7pm, UK time, this evening. And maybe a few hours after that. PM me on steam.

Arnisarus
28-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Hey guys, im up for a gam on this sometime tonight but ill need the team adding to the league, who's responsible for that?

Thanks,
Arni :D

Indefatigible Snoozer
29-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Arni - all your teams are accepted. Also, I'm up for a game tonight if anyone's willing.

President Weasel
29-06-2011, 07:56 PM
I'll be online in a few minutes, somebody throw me a challenge.

Indefatigible Snoozer
30-06-2011, 08:17 PM
Be up for a game in about an hour.

Indefatigible Snoozer
01-07-2011, 05:58 PM
Be up for a game in about an hour (7pm UK time) and then all night long!

potatoedoughnut
01-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm around and up for a game. Send me a steam message as I'm going to try to (finally) write up my RPS cup semifinals game.

Caelcifer
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
Hi there, I have applied with two teams, Da Skull Munchas and The Womb Ferrets- would appreciate the add as I have two brothers in the league and look forward to playing with you all :)

drawlien
03-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Welcome Caelcifer, I've accepted both your teams.

Caelcifer
03-07-2011, 06:25 PM
Thanks Drawlien

aphexblue
03-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Hi Drawlien, one of the brothers here. Could you Validate my two teams. Void Baiter's (chaos) & Death Machine's (Dwarf). Thanking you please

Indefatigible Snoozer
03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Aphex - teams accepted.
I'll be up for a game in about an hour if anyone is around. PM me on steam.

President Weasel
03-07-2011, 07:54 PM
thanks for the game, Caelcifer. Sorry it was a bit one-sided, but on the other hand I gave you a free win and a bunch of SPP when the game crashed the first time we tried, so that seems fair. Plus Jolima annihilated my rats earlier so I think Nuffle wanted to put his thumb on the scales for me a little to make up for it :)

Peter Radiator Full Pig
03-07-2011, 09:12 PM
I have entered a new Orc team to the challange league. Been playing in Nagg, and undead and orcs are the only teams I win with (And only against the less balanced teams, like Ogre and Goblin)
Look forward to getting some games in with the RPS crowd, now that I know the game a slight bit more.

Reyzah
04-07-2011, 06:56 PM
I've just applied with skaven a wood elf teams. Could you validate when you have a mo?

Indefatigible Snoozer
04-07-2011, 08:37 PM
PRFP and Reyzah's team both Hax-septed.

President Weasel
04-07-2011, 11:23 PM
I kidnapped Aphex blue when he thought he was accepting an invite from his brother. Then my rat ogre killed one of his beast mans, and gave -1 str to his chaos warrior. Sorry man.

Caelcifer
06-07-2011, 08:01 PM
ha Weasels single handedly shaming the family! Can I have my helf team validated so I can try and claw some back- named Cael's Crusaders- a shining beacon of hope

Indefatigible Snoozer
06-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Caelcifer - accepted.

Looking for a game in the next hour if anyone be around. PM me on steam.

President Weasel
06-07-2011, 09:54 PM
I hope you chaps are joining the Divisions of Death for this season? I think you;ve just about got time to squeak in before the new season starts...

Peter Radiator Full Pig
06-07-2011, 10:26 PM
I dont think you can pm people on Steam unless you are friends already. I usually jump into chat the Steam groups if I try to get a game, you are always reachable there.

imirk
07-07-2011, 02:03 AM
you can PM people in the same group as you regardless of friend status ... I think

Gorm
07-07-2011, 05:53 AM
I never got that to work

Jolima
07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
When I can't send a message to someone I usually jump into the chat room and invite them to it. That works at least if you're in the same group.

Match anyone? I'm in the game lobby, send a challenge my way or write me on Steam. I'm even in the chat room.

Indefatigible Snoozer
08-07-2011, 08:31 PM
Looking for a game or two tonight. PM me.

DarkFenix
09-07-2011, 10:37 AM
My now-retired rats have finally joined the challenge league. If I'm around on Steam feel free to message me for an inducement-laden game.

duff
09-07-2011, 01:35 PM
For a minute there I thought that said "feel free to massage me for an inducement".

President Weasel
09-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Duffin, I'd do a lot to get an advantage against your Dark Elves in the Divisions, but even I have limits :)

duff
09-07-2011, 01:52 PM
You do!?!?

DarkFenix
09-07-2011, 02:33 PM
That's not what I heard.

President Weasel
09-07-2011, 02:55 PM
I just found my limit - "will not massage Duffin for inducements"

edit: although if it would get me Headsplitter, and it wasn't any of the "special areas"...

Wooly Wugga Wugga
12-07-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi folks, I'm rather new to the RPS community and Blood Bowl. Would anyone be interested in giving me a hand to find my way around? Kind of looking to play a few random matches to find my feet.

ntw
13-07-2011, 12:46 AM
Hi folks, I'm rather new to the RPS community and Blood Bowl. Would anyone be interested in giving me a hand to find my way around? Kind of looking to play a few random matches to find my feet.

Did you apply with a team to the Challenge league? Do that, bother people in the steam gruop chat and you'll get a friendly game in no time.

Jolima
15-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Anyone want a game? Write me on Steam or challenge me in the game.

Edit: giving up on waiting in the lobby. Write me on steam if you want a game.

Also, I've created two new teams and applied with them if someone can validate. I'm thinking of creating one team for each race, but I'll wait until I don't have a team ready to challenge fresh teams until I create any more.

Wooly Wugga Wugga
16-07-2011, 04:50 AM
Did you apply with a team to the Challenge league? Do that, bother people in the steam gruop chat and you'll get a friendly game in no time.

Turns out I have the Dark Elf edition and not the Legendary edition which screws me at the starting block for the challenge league. Told you I'm new at this _sadface_.

ntw
16-07-2011, 09:55 PM
Turns out I have the Dark Elf edition and not the Legendary edition which screws me at the starting block for the challenge league. Told you I'm new at this _sadface_.

sadface :(

if you want to join us though, BBLE should be available for cheap-ish somewhere, check savygamer.co.uk and see what you can find :)

LowKey
21-07-2011, 10:51 AM
heya chaps, applied for the challenge league with a new nurgle team, looking forward to not scoring TD's and picking up rotter parts

President Weasel
21-07-2011, 11:24 AM
Can you accept the new teams I applied with? My current ones are a bit high TV to play the new guys.
Also please feel free to make me a commissioner so I can accept applications.

Also does anyone fancy a game this evening.

Indefatigible Snoozer
26-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Hello chaps. Back from holidays and looking for a game. I'm free all day today and tomorrow. Msg me on steam.

President Weasel
27-07-2011, 07:05 PM
Hello all. Checking up on applicants.

I saw an application from imirk, who is definitely an RPS person, so I approved it.
I also see applications from Munchkin 1985, Sarcoma, Atwig, Supadupa, and Argonaut. Are you people? If you are people can you post here and say "hello, I am a people"?

imirk
27-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Hello all. Checking up on applicants.

I saw an application from imirk, who is definitely an RPS person, so I approved it.
I also see applications from Munchkin 1985, Sarcoma, Atwig, Supadupa, and Argonaut. Are you people? If you are people can you post here and say "hello, I am a people"?

YAY I am a people, get the gom jabbar outta here

LowKey
28-07-2011, 03:41 PM
if anyone fancies a game today/night, give me a buzz on the steam machine

potatoedoughnut
29-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Anyone up for a game this afternoon/evening? Steam me

LowKey
03-08-2011, 07:15 PM
hey homebodies, if anyone fancies a game tonight ill be on steam

Indefatigible Snoozer
04-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Looking for a challenge, on this, the league of challenges. PM me if you want a game tonight.

Indefatigible Snoozer
06-08-2011, 07:02 PM
Looking for a game tonight. Message me on the old steam machine.

LowKey
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
not sure if I need to leave a message every time but iv applied with a couple of new teams to the league, also if anyone fancies a game tonight look me up

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I accepted your teams, and I'll give you a match. Log on and challenge away!

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 09:15 PM
He played my halflings, the Tiny Soviet Heros, with his Norse. It went pretty much as you'd expect, although the much reduced mini communists did keep the vikings to only one touchdown, and tiny Zhukov did get to within a couple of squares of the line, with the ball, at one point.

Oh, and pocket Trotsky died, because I used the apoc the previous turn to cancel Micro Stalin's KO since he and Zhukov had a chance of maybe scoring. Poor pocket Trotsky.

Oh, and People's Forestry Collective #1 got a skillup and now has guard. URRAH!

imirk
08-08-2011, 09:18 PM
As long as pocket Trotsky was killed with an ice pick I'd be happy.

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 09:23 PM
As long as pocket Trotsky was killed with an ice pick I'd be happy.

He was killed by collision with the ground, when a treeman utterly screwed up a throw-team-mate. But I am pretty sure it made his ears burn, so we're still safely in The Stranglers territory.

ntw
08-08-2011, 10:13 PM
loving those names.

I DEMAND you enter a version of that team into the Divisions of Death!

imirk
08-08-2011, 10:33 PM
loving those names.

I DEMAND you enter a version of that team into the Divisions of Death!

That is correct, Chaos is for girly men, real men play the half sized men!

President Weasel
08-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Here are their names in full (without Trotsky, who died but got replaced by a couple of heroes from the space program)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v286/chompmancobra/BloodBowlLegendary_2011-08-08_23-14-26_001.jpg

potatoedoughnut
09-08-2011, 05:03 AM
That's awesome PW

Screwie
09-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Haha amazing.

ntw
09-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I have my "accept new teams finger" ready to click on your Halfling team PW...

Note - I am very careful not to mix that finger up with my "nose picking finger", especially after the incident!

LowKey
12-08-2011, 08:16 PM
if anyone fancies a game tonight give me a shout on steam

groovychainsaw
15-08-2011, 08:13 PM
I'm about for game if anyone wants to, just ping me on steam. I'll be free to start for the next hour or so...

kergguz
16-08-2011, 06:58 PM
Just applied with a High Elf team, 'Pretty Boy BBFC'. The UI gave no feedback as to whether an application had been submitted though- is the league locked to new entrants at the moment or is the game playing up a bit?

Jolima
16-08-2011, 07:04 PM
You should get a "your submission has been forwarded" message I think, but it shouldn't be locked either. Could just be the UI being in its regular state of Cyanide poisoning.

Also, I'm up for a game if anyone's around for one. Message me on steam preferably, but I'll check back here as well.

President Weasel
16-08-2011, 09:49 PM
definitely no app sitting in the waiting box. The game is mildly broken though - you need to go to "view league" and then apply to the league from inside "view league"

President Weasel
16-08-2011, 10:09 PM
There we go, application approved.

kergguz
17-08-2011, 07:01 AM
Yeah I was applying from the Find League page. Wow, all the tales I heard about the UI were true.

ntw
17-08-2011, 09:28 AM
the more you use it and try to do stuff with it - the worse you'll find it...

Screwie
17-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Indeed. It would be funny if it wasn't true.

Just never, ever try to direct a player at the far end of the pitch while the camera's at a low angle - that "End Turn" button is larger than you think...

Gorm
17-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Done that once or twice

President Weasel
17-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Indeed. You read about people hitting end turn by accident, and think "well that's just careless, I would never do that." And then, inevitably, you end up doing it yourself. And probably more than once, too - I've done it at least twice.

potatoedoughnut
17-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Anyone for a game? I'm around all day (US) or evening (UK). Steam me.

Jolima
20-08-2011, 06:27 PM
A game anyone? Write me on Steam.

grinn
11-09-2011, 10:56 AM
Anyone up for a game today? Have Norse 1700, humans 2000 and orcs 2000.

Indefatigible Snoozer
11-09-2011, 01:04 PM
Hey Grin. I've sent you a steam invite. I've got a 1650 Dark Elf or a 1840 Lizardman team that could using an outing.

grinn
11-09-2011, 01:47 PM
Hey ind, woudl love a game! What time works for you?

potatoedoughnut
11-09-2011, 05:14 PM
So I'm going to make an effort to popularize the underused RPS BB steam group chat. If anyone would like a game come join me :)

ntw
11-09-2011, 10:05 PM
So I'm going to make an effort to popularize the underused RPS BB steam group chat. If anyone would like a game come join me :)

I there with ya man, come on peoples - lets turn the RPS BB Steam chat room into a hip and happening place ;)

potatoedoughnut
12-09-2011, 01:11 AM
I was able to successfully arrange a match with indefatigible snoozer, so the system works!

ntw
12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
I was able to successfully arrange a match with indefatigible snoozer, so the system will work properly once more people start using it!

Fixt.

Stupid 10 character post limit.

Indefatigible Snoozer
12-09-2011, 08:20 PM
I'm up for a game tonight. Msg me on steam.

duff
12-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Nobody is in the chat. Slags.

ntw
13-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Nobody is in the chat. Slags.

I are.
But then I are playing BB (trying to finish the SP story mode) while I are waiting for someone to join chat.
And now it are bedtime.
Yarr.

imirk
13-09-2011, 01:15 AM
Good thing ntw is better at BB than he is at conjugating the verb "to be"

ntw
13-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Good thing ntw is better at BB than he is at conjugating the verb "to be"

Hah - you've obviously never played me then! :D

Indefatigible Snoozer
13-09-2011, 09:13 PM
Anyone up for a game this evening?

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-09-2011, 07:27 PM
I'm looking to get one or two Khemri games in tonight if anyone is interested - my team's at 1700 so TVs around there would be good.

Indefatigible Snoozer
17-09-2011, 06:31 PM
Once again looking to Khemri it up tonight, around 9pmish GMT

potatoedoughnut
18-09-2011, 03:04 AM
Around for a game tonight if any USA folks are looking for one.

ps- rpsbbchat!

Indefatigible Snoozer
19-09-2011, 06:57 PM
If anyone's up tonight for some Khemri-cise (which can be quite energetic, as Mr G. Chainsaw can attest) then PM on steam after 8pm GMT. Be good if opposing team was 1600-2000 TV.

Schizoslayer
19-09-2011, 07:03 PM
I have applied with a wood elf team. I am also available for playings.

Indefatigible Snoozer
19-09-2011, 08:09 PM
Welcome Schizo. What's your BB ID so I can accept your team?

Schizoslayer
19-09-2011, 08:12 PM
SquidInABox

ntw
19-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Cheers to Snoozer for the game the other night.

groovychainsaw
20-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Hey chaps, I'll be around all day - need help levelling my necro team up to 1800, they keep getting battered in friendlies (snoozer inflicted 5 CAS! 5!) and are stuck around 1600tv. Other games also welcome, I'm at a loose end. Ping me on steam!

Indefatigible Snoozer
25-09-2011, 07:56 AM
Apologies to Kelron for the disconnect last night. The power went out just as his Dark Elves were about to knock the ball free and dodge their way to another TD - the shambling horde was clearly outmatched.

grinn
25-09-2011, 11:28 AM
Hey everyone - I m up for a game all day before 17.00 CET. TV2000

Indefatigible Snoozer
25-09-2011, 12:39 PM
I could probably do around 16:30, Grinn

Indefatigible Snoozer
25-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Looking for another game with my Khemri tonight. They've still got a ways to goes...

grinn
26-09-2011, 09:32 AM
Hey Snoozer, sorry about that - was playing Jolima when you beeped. Let's play again soon.

Jiiiiim
26-09-2011, 09:50 PM
I've applied to the challenge league wiht the ULTIMATE MATHS SQUAD. I await your approval

LowKey
28-09-2011, 07:33 PM
hello handsome people, if anyone would like a game tonight do let me know

groovychainsaw
29-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone about for some open training tonight? I need to get my team back into the challenge league, too, if anyone's about to accept it? :-)

LowKey
29-09-2011, 10:00 PM
ah I would have fancied one but a bit too late for me now, however Id be up for a game before saturday night when i'll apply for the open

Indefatigible Snoozer
30-09-2011, 07:33 PM
Anyone up for some open training against my huggable Khemri?

duff
01-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Anyone want to play my Lizzies TV around 1650. Would be good to play ASAP as I need to get them applied to the RPS Open today.

EDIT: not playing khemri, sorry :p

bonuswavepilot
03-10-2011, 10:38 AM
Hi folks. Just made a new team to jump on-board this league - I'm Aust Eastern Standard time which is GMT+10, except we're in daylight saving now so I think it's GMT+11.
Generally around in the evenings, or with pre-arrangement the odd weekend.
My team is a dwarven one - The Underhill Ladies' Choir... Fear us!

Bylethski
03-10-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi.
I've enrolled a team: vikings all star
please accept it and see you on the field ;)

Indefatigible Snoozer
04-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Bonus and Bylethski - welcome and teams accepted.

Schizoslayer
04-10-2011, 07:44 PM
I've applied with the Care Bear Mutual Fund.

Vexing Vision
04-10-2011, 11:57 PM
I caved in and applied four TV 1000 teams to the Challenge league. The Crimson Carnival is back in action, this time with a slightly more standard set-up. Sorry Daave. Also bringing in the Anaheym Angels, my Warpfire Clawz and the Bluefin Brawlers and looking forward to some fine punching of creatures and men.

Screwie
07-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I'll be around tonight for a game or two, looking to get some experience (or just have a chuckle) with my TV1000-ish teams.

Indefatigible Snoozer
07-10-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm around with some 1000 tv gobbos, or some 1800+ dark elves that i have sorely neglected recently...

Catguy
07-10-2011, 10:15 PM
Hey, not to muck up your thread, but I finally bought legendary edition over the weekend deal steam sale. I have a decent grasp of the rules, and am not unfamiliar with dice based games.

What steps do I need to complete to play a few games with you guys?

Screwie
07-10-2011, 11:51 PM
@Snoozer: Sorry man, I missed that message or I would've poked you on Steam earlier.

@Catguy: If you're just looking for friendly games, then apply to the RPS Challenge League in-game and one of the mods will let you in. The information's all in the first post of this thread. :)

Catguy
08-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Alright, I applied with my 1000 tv skaven elites, the Rotschild group.

Vexing Vision
12-10-2011, 08:49 PM
So. Uhm. Just tried to launch a game with Screwie, noone accepted my teams yet to the league.

I'll go and cry a bit if no admin is alive. :(

President Weasel
12-10-2011, 09:52 PM
will go accept those teams for you right now

President Weasel
12-10-2011, 09:57 PM
So. Uhm. Just tried to launch a game with Screwie, noone accepted my teams yet to the league.

I'll go and cry a bit if no admin is alive. :(

Alright, I applied with my 1000 tv skaven elites, the Rotschild group.

accepted.

Vexing Visions's 3 teams and Catguy's 1 team accepted.

Rawwar
13-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I posted on the Division's of Death thread about joining that league and you told me to post here if I wanted a bash in the mean time.

I have a Dark Elf team called St Emo's Fire awaiting acceptance if I've done everything right. :S

Can you check for me?

Thanks

I filled the sheet in as you said too.

drawlien
13-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Hey Rawwar, I've accepted your application.

LowKey
13-10-2011, 07:15 PM
hey there Rawwar, from what I can see from the spreadsheet the team you have added to the challenge league is the same you have down for the divisions of death, however you can only enter the divisions of death with a tv1000 team so you will probably need to make a new team for one of them

duff
13-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Bit late but anyone fancy a game (depending on whether an admin can approve my new application)?

Rawwar
14-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Hey Rawwar, I've accepted your application.

Thanking you very kindly. :-)

@LowKey:

Thanks for the heads up that was going to be one of the next things I was going to ask. Not a problem I'll run this one and see if I can get my head round Dark Elves and may try something else too.

I'd like a team that's reasonably good at playing the passing and the running game but isn't boring humans. I'm not a big fan of playing a Fantasy game and then being human but hey that's just me...

Feel free to offer up any suggestions I have played before but I'm very rusty and in the computer game I'm making some very obvious errors at the moment so any thoughts are welcome. Well it's obvious right after I made them. :P

I got a lot more tactical playing with my brother but that was over a year ago so...

Thanks in advance.

Jiiiiim
14-10-2011, 12:00 PM
If you want to pass and/or run then you need high agility and high movement. Elves, basically. Wood elves are faster and more attuned to scoring but less good at defending, compared to dark elves. Skaven are also a possibility as they have a thrower and some enormously mobile, enormously agile gutter runners.

Vexing Vision
14-10-2011, 12:08 PM
I have a TV 1000 Skaventeam in the league now finally thanks to Mr. Weasel Person, if you want to have some lessons in running and passing and dodging tonight. :D

Screwie
14-10-2011, 12:19 PM
I will also be around tonight, for a game or two.

President Weasel
14-10-2011, 01:05 PM
Dark Elves are slow, and they don't really get passing skills out of the box. They get 4 good solid blitzers though, and they get a couple of witch elves with frenzy. However they're not that great at the running game because they're not overly fast and they're not that great at passing because they don't have dedicated throwers or catchers. They#ll do all right at either of these things because they're elves, but to be honest they only really shine with a skilled coach with the patience and lack of attention span issues to marshal them properly on defence, i.e. not me.

If you want to pass, take high elves. Kings of the passing game and AV8. Still a bit slow, but a good team.
If you want to pass and run, take Skaven gutter runners and stormvermin (they come with a team of rat mooks too, but you don't need to care about them). Gutter runners are awesome and once you get block and sidestep on them they are surprisingly hard to kill. Nothing pulls off an end to end play quite like gutter runners firing on all cylinders. That said, they will inevitably die and it will make you sad.
You could also take "elves", generally referred to as Pro Elves. They're the kings of catching, they can pull off amazing plays, but they've got so little armour that you'll rarely field a full team. Skaven are 4 great players you save your apoc for, a couple of blitzers who can look after themselves, and a bunch of poor doomed redshirts you don't really give a crap about as they are cheap.
Pro Elves are a whole team full of expensive, fragile, career-ending-injuries-waiting-to-happen.

That said, humans are a bit meh. They're supposed to be a jack of all trades team, but the second half of the expression is "masters of none". If you want to play humans, get orcs instead. But I'd say try skaven and see what you think.

Screwie
14-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I refute your use of the word "slow"... Dark Elves are still elves, after all. :)

They may lack a bit in passing compared to their cousins, but the Dark Elf running game is the best elf running game.

Their improved armour over the Wood/Pro Elf sides and their greater access to Block out of the blocks (heh) than any other elf team makes them solid fighters. (And no ST2 slackers on their squad either.) A Dark Elf cage is the most durable, while still retaining that innate elfy slipperiness.

If I were to suggest an elf team to anyone, it would be the Dark ones. Wood and Pro Elves are too fragile, and High Elves are less versatile and need more specialised players to perform well. Meanwhile, you can ignore half the Dark Elf roster (especially the assassins) and make an extremely competitive team with linemen and blitzers alone. :)

(I'm sorely tempted to change my team to DE for the next DoD season now.)

President Weasel
14-10-2011, 01:48 PM
They're slow for elves. High Elves and humans are faster, let alone the fast elves.

Vexing Vision
14-10-2011, 01:48 PM
I do have a thing for Wood Elves, as Screwie can probably attest to. Wardancers are by far the most powerful and fun players of all teams, and they're the only elf team with access to a Big Guy (while Trees are usually rather stationary) which is great for an initial defensive cage and clearing the LoS.

Dark Elves are one of the easier teams to play - once you got some skills on them.

Also, I like the Assassin, but it is admittedly pretty useless as you don't get SPP for successful stabs.

duff
14-10-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm with Screwie, I think delves are underrated. They are definitely not slow with access to upto 8 MA7 players (not that I'd advise taking that many). They have the best mobile running game of all the teams. Then if you stick accurate on a runner you have a thrower thats better than all the other non-elf teams. Granted, not as quick to score as welfs / helfs / skaven but not far off. What you give up in offensive capabilities you make up for in defense: blodge access on every player, AV 8 on most players, no ST2 slackers and a witch elfs for precision strikes.

Screwie
14-10-2011, 02:04 PM
They're slow for elves. High Elves and humans are faster, let alone the fast elves.

Dark Elf teams feature up to eight MA 7 players. High Elf teams can have four guys with MA 8 and two MA 7. I admit it's debatable but to my perception Dark Elves feel the faster side.

A drive also requires durability. Although a cage of either team's players would have similar AV, the Dark Elves have more Block and Dodge (and Dump-Off) to play with and that makes them that much harder to stop.

I do have a thing for Wood Elves, as Screwie can probably attest to. Wardancers are by far the most powerful and fun players of all teams, and they're the only elf team with access to a Big Guy (while Trees are usually rather stationary) which is great for an initial defensive cage and clearing the LoS.

Dark Elves are one of the easier teams to play - once you got some skills on them.

Also, I like the Assassin, but it is admittedly pretty useless as you don't get SPP for successful stabs.

Wardancers are truly amazing. I'm not sold on treemen though, and WE teams generally have to spend their cash on more important things elsewhere (personally I definitely wouldn't buy a tree over a second thrower, wardancer or a third catcher or TRR).

If the assassin had MA 7 his shadowing would be that teeny bit better and I'd find more use for him. That's my main problem with him... His role is clearly that of an anti-catcher/anti-runner but he can't stick to any of them. Although Horkon Heartripper can be a monster against the right team.

Alistair Hutton
14-10-2011, 02:16 PM
That said, humans are a bit meh. They're supposed to be a jack of all trades team, but the second half of the expression is "masters of none". If you want to play humans, get orcs instead. But I'd say try skaven and see what you think.

Pshaw. Humans are great one you get over their starting issue.

Their starting issue is that whilst technically they are the bashiest agility team and the most agile bash team what that actually resolves into is that they are the least agile agility team and the weakest bash team. However, some Guard here and some stat ups there and suddenly, at lowish-to-mid team values, they really shine. They have an answer to every problem where as Orcs are stuck with the running game unless they go with highly unreliable goblin tossing jank. If Orcs come up against a bashier side than them they are in trouble, if Humans come up against a bashier side then they can play like an agility team. The movement of 8 on the Human Catcher makes a big difference when facing bash sides on offence and on defence against agility sides.

Skaven are certainly the closest team to Humans starting out but with a big step away from the bash line and a big step to the finesse line.

President Weasel
14-10-2011, 03:26 PM
You're not wrong, Al, although orcs can finesse round bashy teams as long as you can build a half decent thrower like the one on my Open team. (Half-decent thrower, inept coach, that's their problem). I do like vanilla humans better than Norse or Amazons, though.
The goblin throwing thing is extremely chancy, although there are tricks like throwing the guy without the ball, then running up and handing it to him if he lands without dying. A poor landing is only a turnover if he's carrying the ball.

As for Dark Elves, four guys with MA8 feels faster to me than 6 guys with MA7. Your team is in scoring range one square further away, and that's 4 players the opponent needs to cover.
I played as Dark Elves for several seasons in the Divisions and never really achieved much, and one of the things I found most frustrating was that I didn't have the speed to outpace my opponents, or the combination of strength, armour, and guard access to really stand toe to toe with them. High Elves having that little bit of extra move caught me out more than once. Humans have faster players than Dark Elves, too.
Oh, yeah, and their specialist players are pretty pants. 4 Blitzers - good. 2 Witch Elves, quite good. (Given the choice I would never take jump up instead of block, plus they have lower AV). Runners - pants. They're called runners because they're no good at throwing or catching. Dumpoff is not a very good skill and given the choice I'd swap it for catch, or nerves of steel, or throw, or safe throw and make the guy a catcher or a thrower. Or swapping it for block or dodge would make him better at the running game.
As for the assassin - stab doesn't work reliably on bashy teams, and you need to be next to them to use it (with your low AV). Shadowing doesn't work reliably on exactly the players you want to shadow. They're a waste of money.

Your results may vary (after all, they're AV8 and AG4 - they should be able to pull off some nice plays, and survive long enough to develop).

duff
14-10-2011, 04:06 PM
PW - I think it might just be down to personal playstyle. I definitely don't think that the runners are crap, dump-off can be an incredibly useful skill, especially for suckering other teams into a hole. But then again I've never been a "blitz a hole, run some catchers through it and score next turn" kind of player. The main teams I've played have been lizzies, orcs and delfs so I guess I just prefer or am accustomed to a running playstyle.

President Weasel
14-10-2011, 04:17 PM
It may well be a play style thing. I can make wood elves work. I can make pro elves work (until they inevitably die) although I don't enjoy trying to defend using them. I can make skaven work very well indeed (apart from the inevitable matches when too many of them get injured too soon, and there's not much you can do to dig yourself out of the hole).
On the other end of the spectrum I can do a pretty decent impression of a solid running game with chaos. I just can't warm to the Dark Elves, and I can't agree that a skill that is only really useful when you've carried the ball into blitzing range and invited someone to hit you is a good use of team value. Block and dodge are skills that are just as useful on a ball carrier, and are a lot less situational - dump off needs nerves of steel to really shine, and for the price of two skills you could have a runner with blodge and just not let the ball go, then dodge to safety next turn and score.
Also, slow.

duff
14-10-2011, 04:56 PM
But high elves look stooooooopid.

Vexing Vision
14-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I love Wood Elves. I like Dark Elves. I enjoy Skaven a lot. But for the live of me, I can't play Pro or High Elves. Despite having all the elfy-skills I like, they just don't work for me and I still haven't found out why.

It's probably a perceived-playstyle thing.

President Weasel
14-10-2011, 05:10 PM
But high elves look stooooooopid.

This is a very valid point.

Alistair Hutton
14-10-2011, 05:16 PM
As for Dark Elves, four guys with MA8 feels faster to me than 6 guys with MA7.

That's because it is. For me a team is defined by it's top speed. As you say it's all about defining where the red zone is. That's why I've passed up +MA on my Human Blitzers but took it on my Catcher like a shot. Having a Move 8 Blitzer doesn't make my team any faster (although I can't deny it would have utility on defence) but a Move 9 Catcher means that I've got a TD threat 11 squares from the endzone. The bigger the speed differntial between you and the opposition on attack the more you force your opponent to make the deicion between crowding the ball carrier and defending deep to stop the break away. A classic mistake people make against Humans is they see Lineman and Throwers as move 6 and think they can safely crowd the ball carrier only to see the Catcher plus a Blitzer head across the other side of the now open pitch. Even against palyers who do defend deep against me I'll often do 3 or 4 turns of switching from side to side until I've pulled the opposition defence thin in one sector and then punch through the gap.

duff
14-10-2011, 05:25 PM
Lol I was looking for some tactics on a witch elf build (mainly wrestle or block, the value of dauntless, and whether its worth taking juggernaught on doubles) and came across this: http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=5&t=906&rb_v=viewtopic

"-In addition to the fixes above, the skirt version has the skirt be shorter. Additionally it repairs some clipping issues.
-The no skirt version removes the skirt completely."

LowKey
14-10-2011, 05:57 PM

FINALLY

on a related note... if anyone fancies a game tonight let me know, going to add tv1000 skaven to give them a go before switching in the DoD to make sure its not an insane idea

duff
14-10-2011, 06:08 PM
If my mate doesnt show up to play some bf I have a 1000tv chaos team.

President Weasel
14-10-2011, 07:20 PM
If my mate doesnt show up to play some bf I have a 1000tv chaos team.

I have accepted your chaos team, for I am super efficient.

duff
14-10-2011, 07:57 PM
I have accepted your chaos team, for I am super efficient.

Only took you 24 hours!

Rawwar
14-10-2011, 10:01 PM
I have a Skaven team waiting to be accepted too.

Tonight was a bit of a none starter for me. I might be able to get a game in on Sunday as I'm off out exploring the wilds of Hungary tomorrow.

I might be looking after F1's been on or during if I'm bored.

If someone wants to give me some advice while rubbing my face in the dirt it would be appreciated. The advice that is...

Enjoyed the discussion and all the opinions on here earlier. I'm struggling a bit with the Dark Elfs to be fair but I like them. Having said that, Skaven are my second favourite GW race after Orcs and it's a very close 2nd at that, like a gnat's whisker.

Screwie
15-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Lol I was looking for some tactics on a witch elf build (mainly wrestle or block, the value of dauntless, and whether its worth taking juggernaught on doubles) and came across this: http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=5&t=906&rb_v=viewtopic

"-In addition to the fixes above, the skirt version has the skirt be shorter. Additionally it repairs some clipping issues.

The Witch Elf model/texture fixes are rather nice. But more importantly, elsewhere in that forum there is this magnificent mod:

Move the End of Turn button to the left of the screen! (http://bloodbowldigital.com/forum/index.php?f=5&t=1931&rb_v=viewtopic&start=0) Sweet!

Rawwar
16-10-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm in the league now if someone fancies a kick about.

Indefatigible Snoozer
23-10-2011, 08:17 PM
I'm looking for a game with my long neglected dark elves in the Challenge league. They're around 1800tv, so if anyone fancies a game at that level give me a buzz on steam.

potatoedoughnut
31-10-2011, 11:43 PM
I have a rare opportunity for a challenge league game tonight if anyone's interested. I'm in the BB Steam chat too.

Indefatigible Snoozer
18-11-2011, 01:22 PM
I had to delve deep, deep into the archives (well, two weeks ago) to resurrect this thread. Owing to frustrating technical difficulties in my DoD match I have not had my fill of bloodbowl this week! And I have a 1700tv dark elf team that I have sadly neglected for many months. Anyone fancy a game tonight? I'll be on from around 7pm British-man time, so pm me on steam. I have admin powers, so if you need to add a team to this league we can do that as well.

potatoedoughnut
18-11-2011, 07:06 PM
I'd be up for a game, but probably won't be home until around 11pm British-man time.

Indefatigible Snoozer
23-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Anyone up for a challenge league game tonight? I'd be up from about 9pm British-man time.

potatoedoughnut
23-11-2011, 07:37 PM
I'd be up for one. Just hit me up on steam when you want to play. I should be around all day.

Indefatigible Snoozer
27-11-2011, 05:49 PM
If anyone is interested in a challenge league game (circa 1700 tv) this evening, give me a shout on steam (or leave a msg here).

Indefatigible Snoozer
15-12-2011, 04:36 PM
No Open game, played my Stunty game, and DoD doesn't start until Saturday! What's a man to do, when he suddenly finds himself with an evening free and a hankering to play some Bloodbowl?

He advertises such fact in the largely defunct Challenge League thread!

So ya, expect I'll be online and willing to play from about 6pm English Man Time onwards. Msg me on steam. Got a dark elf team, circa 1800 tv, and admin rights if you want to import a team from elsewhere.

ntw
15-12-2011, 05:53 PM
Hrm, maybe around later tonight (10:30 English Mans Time {EMT} onwards)

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Since it relates to my main challenge league team, I thought I'd post this discussion question here.

My AG 6 dark elf blitzer levelled in my game against P. Weasel last night. He's got block, dodge and 2 +AGs. I'm contemplating what skill to get him. Weasel was advocating leap, but I don't really see the point - he dodges pretty much anywhere on a 2+ with a reroll anyway - the only advantage would be leaping into a cage on a 2+ instead of dodging in on a 3+ (with an auto reroll). He's pretty much become a thrower, since he long bombs on a 2+, and a ball-in-multiple-tackle-zone-retrieval specialist.

So I'm thinking sure hands on regular roll, pass on doubles and +MV or +STR of course. Anyone else got a better idea?

Gorm
16-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Strip ball so he can be an even more annoying player?

Screwie
16-12-2011, 02:01 PM
My AG 6 dark elf blitzer levelled in my game against P. Weasel last night. He's got block, dodge and 2 +AGs. I'm contemplating what skill to get him. Weasel was advocating leap, but I don't really see the point - he dodges pretty much anywhere on a 2+ with a reroll anyway - the only advantage would be leaping into a cage on a 2+ instead of dodging in on a 3+ (with an auto reroll).

Leap does a lot more than that! A wall of opponents that would take another player most of their MA to navigate around, a Leap player can hop over in two squares and a single 2+ roll (tackle zones make no difference).

So I'm thinking sure hands on regular roll, pass on doubles and +MV or +STR of course. Anyone else got a better idea?

I'm not sure Pass is worth it on a double - it's handy but not a skill you will get a lot of mileage out of with a base AG roll of 1+. Accurate would take that to a 0+, mean the opposition would have to mark you with at least 3 players to have any effect at all on your pass. NoS is good if you also use him as a catcher/interceptor. Safe Throw works well with high AG (ignore intercepts on a 2+, lol). Depending on your blitzer's main role, I'd look at one of those skills before Pass.

Strip Ball makes him a fine attacker, as does Tackle or Wrestle. Leap would be my first choice before them though, as it will create more opportunities to snatch that ball.

Like Pass, Sure Hands seems a suboptimal choice because the failure rate is already low. (Also in both cases, you can burn a TRR if you need to.) That's probably just my preferences talking though.

President Weasel
16-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Incidentally leap negates diving tackle and ignores tackle zones. Your ag6 guy can get into any cage or away from any player by not rolling 1.

Also, despite your ag6 guy and his unstoppable passing, despite having all 4 elves I KO'd spring back up on the very next drive or not even though it was me that had the babes, not you, despite you injuring one of my rat men when all I could do was make your elves take brief snoozy times, despite all of that, my rats crushed you!

(and by crushed I mean won by the odd touchdown in an extremely entertaining match)

Lastly, I loved how you used pass block. I've never really seen it in action before, and you used it to stop what would have been a touchdown for me, and very nearly stopped another one too. One of my gutter runners levelled so I instantly gave him pass block after seeing it used by a pro.

If you really, really don't want to take leap you're probably wrong, but if you're sure then hope for doubles and take safe throw. You pass with that guy a lot, and you saw last night that by putting gutter runners in your likely passing lane I was able to turn one of your nailed-on touchdown passes into "denied! No touchdown for you!"
You make an unmodified agility roll with safe throw which means that even if someone does manage an interception against you, your agi 6 passer will cancel that on anything but a 1.

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-12-2011, 03:21 PM
He's almost always picking up the ball, and almost always passing it, usually 3-4 times per game. Making the failure rate of those actions 1 in 36 as apposed to 1 in 6 seems worthwhile to me. My thinking is that it frees me up to take other actions first which might require a TRR (eg, blocks and GFIs to get my receivers in position).

Safe throw may be worth considering - especially after that darstardly rat interception last night.

So would your first choice be leap, Screwie? With Safe Throw on doubles?

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-12-2011, 03:24 PM
Lastly, I loved how you used pass block. I've never really seen it in action before, and you used it to stop what would have been a touchdown for me, and very nearly stopped another one too. One of my gutter runners levelled so I instantly gave him pass block after seeing it used by a pro.

Still getting the hang of pass block - its only the second game I've played with that skill, and the first real game where the opposition did a lot of passing. Problem with the rats is that those damn gutter runners have such high movement its difficult to know where to position him for the intercept.

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Leap does a lot more than that! A wall of opponents that would take another player most of their MA to navigate around, a Leap player can hop over in two squares and a single 2+ roll (tackle zones make no difference).

Not convinced by this. If I have three guys in front of me, currently it takes me 4 movement instead of 3 to get to two square beyond them and require 4 2+ dodges (with auto reroll) instead of 2 2+ rolls (one of which may need a TRR). Clearly leap is better odds, but (without working it out because my math is crap) I'm not sure its a significant enough advantage, in a fairly rare circumstance, to be worth it.

And I currently have no guard on the team, which makes cage breaking with him a risky proposition - I really don't want to put him in 3 tackle zones for, at best, a chance at a 1D block.

Jiiiiim
16-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Leap is really good for people designed specifically to take the ball (strip ball, tackle, wrestle, frenzy, juggernaut) because they only need one shot to take it, or people designed to flee with the ball (sure hands, lots of movement, sure feet), but probably not as good for your blitzer. I think you're right that the reroll skills are much more valuable to your AG6. At that agility, practically everything you'll be doing is a 2+ and the best way you can increase the chances of that is by adding in a free reroll.

Screwie
16-12-2011, 04:23 PM
From what you've said it appears this particular blitzer has settled into his pseudo-thrower role, in which case Leap may not be worthwhile.

I'm still not a fan of pure rerolly skills like Pass... I tend towards giving myself more options instead of making my players more efficient. Sure Hands is a decent skill for its secondary defensive effect alone.

However on a double I would still take Safe Throw, since it means you can start making some truly ridiculous passes. :)

(Also, much love for Pass Block. I only started using it in SP recently and it's quickly become my new favourite.)

Jiiiiim
16-12-2011, 04:36 PM
I like to think that not wasting rerolls on the basics allows more free reign to do the flashy stuff with other players :P

imirk
16-12-2011, 04:37 PM
No love for Strong Arm or Accurate?

Jiiiiim
16-12-2011, 04:38 PM
It's a poor man's accurate, to be honest. Is good for a teammate thrower on a stunty team or an AG3 thrower who already has pass and accurate but I wouldn't have it as a must have.

President Weasel
16-12-2011, 04:52 PM
well I like to be able to type "WITH ONE BOUND, HE WAS FREE! MUAHAHAHAHAAAA".
Therefore Leap is the best skill.

Screwie
16-12-2011, 05:03 PM
well I like to be able to type "WITH ONE BOUND, HE WAS FREE! MUAHAHAHAHAAAA".
Therefore Leap is the best skill.

Irrefutable logic!

Pass is not a bad skill but you can get by with a TRR. A TRR won't let you safely chuck a ball over the head of the other team's catcher (who has AG 4 and Pass Block and all the gubbins).

Eh, you can be solid with the basics or you can be unpredictable with the weird fun skills :)

Indefatigible Snoozer
16-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Rolled a 10, so he now has AG 6 and MV 8. But this discussion will be useful for his level 6 skill!

Thanks guys

imirk
16-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Rolled a 10, so he now has AG 6 and MV 8. But this discussion will be useful for his level 6 skill!

Thanks guys

What the Fluffy Kittens is going on?!?!?!

potatoedoughnut
16-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I'd be up for a challenge league game this evening. Just send me a steam message (or steam group chat).

Jiiiiim
16-12-2011, 11:28 PM
I came, I saw, I cleared the pitch on turn 12

What the hell just happened.

Gorm
19-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Anyone want a game?

Prester John
01-01-2012, 02:33 PM
Team application sent in for the Green Leaf Pickers. Any resemblance to persons alive or dead is purely coincidental.

Dentharial
02-01-2012, 06:04 PM
I applied with the Elf team Lorei'elle (team motto: "Because we're worth it"). I'd love to get a few 'friendlies' in over the next couple of weeks, as their survival rate will drastically affect what race I apply to the Divisions with.