PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else having trouble with Steam's offline mode?

JiminyJickers
22-09-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi all,

Is anyone else having troubles with steam not being able to go into offline mode after the last update? I want to make sure I'm not the only one.

Very frustrating.

sinomatic
22-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Just had a go and offline mode seems to be working fine for me. Though I do seem to be having the odd occasion where it gets stuck on the finishing cloud sync pop-up before closing steam since the last update, where I've never really had issues before.

Alex Bakke
22-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Hi all,

Is anyone else having troubles with steam not being able to go into offline mode after the last update? I want to make sure I'm not the only one.

Very frustrating.

Try deleting the clientregistry.blob file in your Steam directory, then log in again, then try to go into offline mode.

Megagun
22-09-2011, 06:16 PM
Also, try signing up for the Beta client thing. They've made some bugfixes in the Beta client lately that fix various things regarding Offline mode (like the fact that it used to not work if you had Steam set to not remember your password)...

DarkNoghri
23-09-2011, 01:53 AM
Also, try signing up for the Beta client thing. They've made some bugfixes in the Beta client lately that fix various things regarding Offline mode (like the fact that it used to not work if you had Steam set to not remember your password)...

I'm pretty sure that that beta update has been pushed to all users at this point.

JiminyJickers
23-09-2011, 07:46 AM
Thanks all but no joy. Have re-installed, have installe to a brand new computer but still no offline mode. Seems that the latest update broke my account.

No reply from Valve apart from the generic email that makes it clear they looked at the title and didnt read my support ticket at all.

Megagun
23-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Try this, then:
Make Steam save your username and password, go (whilst online) into Offline mode, close Steam completely, disable your Network adapter (or disconnect the cable if you're not on wireless), then start Steam back up and enter Offline mode.

If I recall correctly, that *should* work, even if they haven't pushed the fix yet to non-beta Steam client users.

JiminyJickers
29-09-2011, 04:28 AM
The problem was that you couldn't go into offline mode at all, even when connected to the internet.

Someone in the Steam forums found a workaround, you had to enter your user name all in lower case. For some reason steam didnt like it all of a sudden when you have any upper case letters, after the last update.

Since then, steam has relaeased an update that fixes the problem, but i suspect it only forced your account name into lower case because it doesn't matter what i enter, it changes it all to lower case.

Well, at least I can use offine mode again. Thanks for your input all.