PDA

View Full Version : Solium Infernum: Bobby Kotick kills bunnys

duff
24-09-2011, 04:47 AM
He really does. He might even kill bunnies aswell.

Sarigs
24-09-2011, 08:23 AM
My file's in. Took a bit of figuring out kept, trying to use the game.sav file instead on the .inv one!

duff
24-09-2011, 09:08 PM
@ JayTee - I have reason to believe you have sent me the wrong file, possibly from a different SI game. Your original invitation file should still be in dropbox if you could try again please mate?

JayTee
24-09-2011, 11:51 PM
There, give that a whirl. No idea wtf happened there.

duff
25-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Okay the game is started and the mainsave is in the folder. Can you put your .trn files in the "New Turn" folder (obviously after you have taken your turn and clicked end turn).

Sarigs
25-09-2011, 07:42 AM
Crap, trapped between a river and a swamp. Great starting location!

JayTee
25-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Interesting assortment of PoP in this game, most of them are hard nuts to crack. Don't think we'll be seeing too many of them being grabbed in the initial rush.

Scilantius
25-09-2011, 12:02 PM
Well, I hacked up a map of our world, so we can get a better view. Feel free to use it for whatever you want. I'll pop the full map into the turn1 folder on dropbox as well.

EDIT: Well, damn. The map is too wide to be embedded into the forum anyway, so, guess I'll just pop it up as an attachment or whatever.

EDIT2: Doh, just noticed that I didn't upload my turn before going on to make the map - uploading both to Dropbox now! Sorry!

duff
25-09-2011, 02:45 PM
Very nice job Scilantius. My one gripe with SI is that they could have made the player borders much more distinguishable, you have to really strain to tell them apart.

EDIT:

That was quick. Next turn is up.

Jolima
25-09-2011, 04:55 PM
I didn't realize that the gorgons had an upkeep cost. I almost thought I wouldn't even get to keep them for one turn before realizing that I hadn't picked up my tribute yet. They might still be worth it now I hope.

duff
25-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Next turn is go.

Sarigs
25-09-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm getting completely blocked in here, Ill have you for this Duff :-P

duff
25-09-2011, 11:40 PM
Next turn is up.

@ Sarigs - Yeh unfortunately for you these last 2 turns are the only ones where I would have been ahead of you in the turn order. Usually I'm on the receiving end. Your starting position is the equivalent of Old Kent Road. JayTee on the otherhand has landed himself a Mayfair with no less than three +2 prestige PoP within his borders.

JayTee
26-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Pretty much yeah, that and being penned in by a river and mountains makes for quite a nice start. Pity I can't actually take any of the PoPs with my legion but details, details.

Scilantius
26-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Well, at least your legion got the Black Lightning ability with a decent ranged score, unlike mine ;)

Uploaded my turn.

duff
26-09-2011, 10:18 PM
Next turn is up.

duff
27-09-2011, 08:14 PM
I invite you all to the realm of turn 6.

duff
28-09-2011, 04:58 PM
Turn 8 awaits your attention.

Sarigs
28-09-2011, 05:06 PM
I'm working late tonight but I'll get back and sort my turn bout 9ish! :-)

Jarvis
28-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Outbid again!

duff
29-09-2011, 12:37 AM
Next turn is up.

Jaytee - perhaps if you used your resources to claim those juicy PoP's instead of making fruitless demands against me you may be able to stop Jolima from ninjaing them! :P

Sarigs
01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Uggh so toast here, 0 prestige so no PoP. No way to gain prestige and can't even use diplomacy to force some back as that costs....prestige! Buggeration!

Scilantius
02-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Never fret Sarigs! As I'm sure you've picked up from reading about SI anywhere, it's very much a changing game - wait for an awesome event card, buy one of those +1 prestige relics, wait for someone else to insult you and declare Vendetta on them, stomping with your legions and gaining mucho prestige. I mean, legions or relics or what-have-you cost no prestige so, so just get some tribute and churn them out!

On a side note,... DAMN, I didn't read up on secret objectives, and it turns out you lose prestige if you don't complete them,... which is quite the "buggeration" as Sarigs put it :P Ah well, live and learn I guess.

duff
02-10-2011, 03:21 PM
Next turn is up.

Sarigs, I did leave you a path out instead of completely enveloping you!

Scilantius
02-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Sorry guys, I'm out of the city and will probably be until thursday,... I'll try to find a computer to slap SI on, to at least manage a turn a day, but we'll see how that goes.

Get to plotting in the meantime! ;P

Sarigs
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Next turn is up.

Sarigs, I did leave you a path out instead of completely enveloping you!

Yeah I just noticed that last turn will be taking advantage of it shortly! :-)

duff
02-10-2011, 11:32 PM
Sorry guys, I'm out of the city and will probably be until thursday,... I'll try to find a computer to slap SI on, to at least manage a turn a day, but we'll see how that goes.

Get to plotting in the meantime! ;P

Thanks for the heads up. Post a turn when you can but don't worry if your busy. If anything it will give us all some time to ponder whether to excommunicate Jolima or not!

Scilantius
04-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Well, I did manage to find a computer, but then noticed that I actually DIDN'T take SI with me on the USB drive,... thankfully, Vic was awesome and emailed me my key and the download location and everything, so, here we go - turn submitted! And what a hard turn it was to submit,... lots of choices, and lots of moaning over missing one tribute or other to be able to do something,... But, that's the nature of the game :)

duff
04-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Ah nice, next turn is up. I wonder what exactly Jolima has done to become a heretic. Is he a really nice demon or something?

Jolima
04-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Pah, who needs that council anyways. I didn't forsake the Tyrant of Heaven only to serve some other's whim! Past time to tread my own path. Join me in freedom those who dare!

Sarigs
04-10-2011, 09:36 PM
This whole ex-commication thing is totally unrelated to me. The fact i'm near by is also totally unrelated. The fact I'm heading in your general direction? Definitely unrelated :-)

Scilantius
10-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Gah, there, finally finished my turn. I was told there was field work to be done, which would mean I'd be gone for about 2 weeks, but now the papers aren't in order, and, well, I have no idea :P Either way, here's my turn!

duff
10-10-2011, 04:41 PM
Welcome back. Next turn is out!

Scilantius
15-10-2011, 11:48 AM
Uh,... this seems slightly weird. I have a strong feeling that I've completed this turn already - the one with Jaytee making a demand of Larkett and Duffinius being the Regent. I already know the tribute I'm going to get and the orders I filled out,... now, either I'm being forgetful as hell, and actually completed the turn yesterday but didn't send it, or, well, I have no idea.

Although, even if I had completed the turn, when I tried to do it again today, the orders and everything would already be filled out, right?

Ah well, guess I'll just do it again then, and hope for the best :P

duff
15-10-2011, 12:59 PM
Really? Has anyone else had the same problem? I don't think I've put out the same turn twice! Next turn is up.

Sarigs
16-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Gnah completely miss judged things there, bidded on the Prectorate as order 1 and closed the bazaar on order two. Figured i'd win the auction and *then* it would kick in. No such luck :-)

As soon as I pick up the prestige to start poking back your in for a world of pain!

duff
19-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Next turn is up.

A call to all demons: let us rise up against the aggressive tyrant Jaytee. If we continue to fall into submission he will already have one hand on the throne.

JayTee
19-10-2011, 07:17 PM
Someone stoled my Elephant :(

I was really gambling keeping him out and visible, should have stuffed him away ages ago but I got complacent.

Oh just as a general headsup to you fine folks. I'm back out to Afghanistan on ~14th November for 2-3 weeks so I'll be entirely unable to send in turns for that time. We can decide what to do with me when that rolls around, it's still over 3 weeks away, but just thought I'd give you fair warning.

duff
19-10-2011, 08:00 PM
Jaytee - For me I don't mind waiting. I'll be pretty busy with bf3 and skyrim anyway but thanks for the heads up. What do you do out there anyway (if you don't mind me asking)?

JayTee
20-10-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm a civvy analyst, that's about all I can really go into :)

I see we're just about halfway through (7/15 tokens) and someone has finally put Jolima out of his misery. Shaping up to be quite an interesting second half.

Jolima
20-10-2011, 07:48 PM
}X-(

Thanks for the game everyone.

Sarigs
20-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Nooo Zho Li Mak! I shall continue to scream my impotent rage at my lack of prestige!

Jarvis
20-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Nooo Zho Li Mak! I shall continue to scream my impotent rage at my lack of prestige!

Ah yes I too was lacking in prestige, but then I picked on the weak and the situation has improved somewhat (cheers jolima).

duff
21-10-2011, 01:37 AM

Oh, so destroying his faction is worse than keeping him alive with a knife by his throat only to suckle the milk from his teets!?

JayTee
21-10-2011, 11:41 PM
Gah!
Last minute call so I'm away from my pooter till Sunday. So we can all have a relaxing saturday away from hell :p

duff
22-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Its always nice to get out of the office for a while.

duff
23-10-2011, 05:32 PM
Sorry guys due to computer issues i wont be able to process any turns until mid next week.

p.s dont buy a cheap psu!

Scilantius
29-10-2011, 07:11 PM
No worries duff, sometimes the great machine spirit takes members of his flock sooner than expected,... Usually a better and more worthy one comes to fill in his predecessors place ;)

The whole thing is becoming rather heated though - which it probably should, seeing as how we're about half way through.

Oh and I wouldn't mind waiting a bit for Jaytee to get back, it's all good - plus I know I might be off doing fieldwork or something sometime in the future, and I hope the feeling would be reciprocated ;)

And, uh, a belated "Jolima noo!" from me as well.

duff
29-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Shit I forgot about this, I'll have the turn up by tonight, sorry guys.

duff
30-10-2011, 01:46 AM
Okay next turn is up. Very sorry for the delay guys.

JayTee
01-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Was it something I said? :|

Good to see a bit more action now I seem to have ended up painting a massive target on my stupid head. Looking forward to how this all pans out!

Scilantius
02-11-2011, 10:16 PM
It was probably more something you did - for instance the pilfering of places of power (albeit legitimately), or perhaps the enormous leap in prestige - that's usually what paints a rather quaint target on your whole personage, nevermind just the head. You shall be made to suffer the death of a thousand tormented souls with fire and brimstone, etc. etc. etc.

Definately has gotten quite a bit livelier however, well done!

Jarvis
02-11-2011, 10:28 PM
Buggered by the turn order, damn you jaytee.

And we all seem to be around so just waiting on duff for the next turn already.

Ignore me, jaytee's not about.

Scilantius
05-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Sorry guys, I'm really swamped in RL this weekend,... hopefully I'll be able to get my turn in tomorrow!

Jarvis
11-11-2011, 08:18 AM
We've been missing 2 people for awhile now, is this game dead?

Sarigs
11-11-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm hoping not, I thought Jaytee was away but checking through the thread seems he goes on the 14th so not sure

JayTee
11-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Yeah I'm still here, till Sunday :)

Sarigs
30-01-2012, 11:39 AM
Hi all,

Any idea what's happened to the game? Think we've been stalled since November but I refuse to let things go! Think Jay Tee was away for a few weeks but should have been back decemberish and I don't think it's his turn that missing from the Dropbox folder - Plus I've stalked his profile page a sec ago and he's active.

Any chance of a rollcall or something? See who's missing and if we can get moving again? :-)

Sarigs
01-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Aha! Think it's Scilantius who's turn is missing. Anyone seen hide or hair of him recently or is this game a write off?

duff
01-02-2012, 05:28 PM
Yeh we've been waiting for Scilantius for a few months now with no word.

I'm pretty much guessing its a write off. :(

I'm always up for a new game though if anyone fancies it.

Sarigs
01-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Do we have his email from when the dropbox invites went out?

duff
01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Already sent him an email, I'll let you guys know if I get any response.

Jarvis
02-02-2012, 06:47 PM
It's me I seem to be cursed, the two other solium infernum games i've joined since this one died haven't moved for a week now.

At least the dominions 3 game is looking to be short and bloody.

Sarigs
02-02-2012, 06:52 PM
You know that Jarvis, there will be blood. Probably the best way for a 1st MP :-) Shortish bloody, action packed and a vague idea of what you could have done better.