View Full Version : Best microphone headset?

29-09-2011, 10:15 PM
So what do people here like for headsets? I found a pair of Koss sets that look promising, but unfortunately both had reviews complaining of a tight fit, especially when wearing glasses (which I do), so they might be out.

My only requirements are that the headphone is in stereo, it uses audio jacks (not USB), and that it cost around or less than $30.

30-09-2011, 08:10 PM
I have a great deal of experience in this and my best advice is get a quality desk mic. That sticky out P.O.S mic will double your headsets price without actually being any good. There are lots of good cheap headphones to suit a variety of wearing styles and they are often a good degree more comfortable.

30-09-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.roccat.org/Products/Gaming-Sound/ROCCAT-Vire/#crb_2 Not sure the price in the states but these go for around 30-40 here in the UK, I know they might not look much but I've seen some reviews as i was very skeptical about them, but with all the reviews I've seen they seem to say they are brilliant ( Its just really a bit of a spanner in the works when it comes to "headsets")

30-09-2011, 08:54 PM

Been using this for over a year, fantastic quality, decent lead and robust as hell. The mic basically extends out from the left ear piece. If you don't dig white there are a few other colours available.

30-09-2011, 11:03 PM

Been using these for the past few months, very sturdy, cheap price and a comfortable fit. Worth a consideration. Also recommend the Steelseries Siberia that the above poster has linked. Can't go wrong with either choice really!

HP Craftwerk
30-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Over the last year, Ive used the Plantronic GamesCon, and the Razer.. Charcharcahrlieechieas.... whatever the heck they are called. Only got the Razers cause I was a nice guy and gave my pal the Plantronic ones. Both comfortable and did the job. I have a few sets of really nice sennheiser headphones I could use, but I would have to get a desktop mic, and those sound like crap over Vent/Mumble

30-09-2011, 11:40 PM
These are mine, but they are pretty interchangeable

Frequency response: 15 - 28 000 Hz means that I'm actually getting some work out of my Xfi

You'll notice many gaming sets carry a crap "20 - 20000 Hz" Indeed my headphones have the widest range here and are the cheapest linked. [/willy waving]

Edit: this is my mic, its kinda crappy, i'm sure with some thought you could get studio quality pickup

Edit, this looks badass

Also for some serious FUCK YEAH!

This Noise Reduction headset is ideal for Industrial and HAZMAT situations where a respirator mask is required. The NE2000 will NOT interfere with safety masks and allows the user to continue wearing the necessary safety protection while communicating successfully.