PDA

View Full Version : Desktop Dungeons available for preorder

pakoito
03-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Yes, that game everybody loves that beat Minecraft in Game Design in last IGF.

http://www.desktopdungeons.net/

Screenshot:
http://www.desktopdungeons.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/upsell_01.png

The game got A LOT of improvements both esthetically and in core gameplay from the old free version, which you can check in their blog: http://www.qcfdesign.com

* Done in Unity Engine: Cross-Platform available, stability, performance.
* Kingdom system: Buy buildings with money earned to help you in your questing.
* Inventory: Buy equipment from Kingdom buildings and prepare to any challenge.
* New god system.
* Rebalanced all spells and classes. WEYTWUT is no more autoconvert.
* Map generator now allows weird seeding and scripted events. More variety of maps!
* MOAR MOAR MOAR!!

Full game is 10$ (33% save from retail) and premium edition with +1 class +1 dungeon is 20$ (25% save). Those 20$ are more aimed at supporting the team than getting special features.

ran93r
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Not heard anything about this, going to have a poke around with the free version later to see if it's my thing or not. Looks amusing enough though.

Auspex
03-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Glad you reposted this on the new forums pakoita! I too shall repeat that that the developers intend to give all pre-orderers a steam code (should they get on Steam that is).

Screwie
03-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I really love the graphics overhaul. This is definitely a pre-order from me.

keroton
03-06-2011, 11:32 AM
looks nice, great game!

BaronWR
03-06-2011, 02:39 PM
Am I the only one who liked the free version's pixel art? The new graphics tileset just looks a bit too anime/cutesy for me. Still, I'm sure there'll be other tilesets. And I really, really want an Android version as well.

Fangs
03-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Go South African dev :D

Jockie
03-06-2011, 03:25 PM
I enjoyed the free version a while back, but it's sort of more like a puzzle game than a roguelike in many ways. Sounds like with the kingdom building there's more of a metagame than before, where the goal was essentially to unlock all the classes.

Tatagigi
03-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Just pre-ordered it, thanks for the reminder !

ran93r
03-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Had a quick play with the free version, I'm sure I can get a few quids worth of fun out of it so pre-ordered. Thanks for the heads up.

The Innocent
03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
I discovered this two days ago and preordered. I hope those rumored improvements are sufficient change from the free version, because I played that thing so much that anything too similar wouldn't be very interesting to me.

solipsistnation
03-06-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I just preordered. I was considering the uber-fancy "get your name in the game!" package but by the time I got home and went to purchase they were sold out. :(

TheLastBaron
03-06-2011, 09:57 PM
The developer Danny is my friend's cousin so when they went to IGF they stayed at his house and I got to see/hold the trophy they got which was awesome. They're all super awesome guys and apparently are working on an android version which I think is perfect for this type of game.

Lambchops
03-06-2011, 10:36 PM
As Desktop Dungeons has been one of my go to time wasters (not quite to teh extent of Spelounky or Audiosurf but has still whiled away many an idle hour) i will be throwing money at this post haste.

ford
04-06-2011, 03:46 AM
Absolutely fantastic game, I've wasted countless hours on it. It's refreshingly simple, but addictive nonetheless. I'm not too sure about the tiered price points, but regardless, they have my pre-order-- I can't wait to see the improvements they've made in action.

sacred_flame
04-06-2011, 05:46 AM
and apparently are working on an android version

Awesome that may have just swayed me to buy the better version to make this happen

TheLastBaron
04-06-2011, 10:54 PM
I wonder what the game will be called on android though, it certainly cant be desktop dungeons