PDA

View Full Version : Hidden object games?

LintMan
07-06-2011, 03:10 AM
Feeling kinda down, a casual hidden object game would be a good diversion for me. So I'm looking for some recommendations for some decent hidden object/puzzler type games, something with a little bit of depth or story. IIRC, John (I think it was John) recommended one or two a while back, but I can't find the reviews now.

Any ideas?

J.B.
07-06-2011, 07:19 AM
Tiny Bang Story is worth a look maybe? There's a demo on Steam.

RPS post is here. (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/24/the-tiny-bang-story-now-seven-pounds/)

BenWah
07-06-2011, 08:33 AM
Theres no depth or story at all, its kind of fun. A few of the needed items are impossible to find to the point that you will need a walkthrough occasionally.

Sagan
07-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Drawn: The Painted Tower (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009/09/05/drawn-the-painted-tower/) and Drawn: Dark Flight (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/01/impressions-of-drawn-dark-flight/)

deano2099
07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
The Drawn games are the best I've played.

Also had some fun with the Women's Murder Club series, though they're an odd bunch: the first is pure hidden object with some (easy) puzzles thrown in. The second eschews hidden object mechanics entirely (often you're asked to say, find 12 case folders which you then solve a puzzle with, but you never get a list of 12 random objects to click on), the third is back to hidden-object plus puzzles, and the fourth is probably the best balance, with some interesting puzzles and hidden object stuff that sort of fits the game.

Cooper
07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Those games are just like every morning with me, my keys, my wallet and glasses...

anora
08-09-2011, 12:54 PM
Hey..

Thank you for sharing the hidden objects game with all of us..
Many of us like this game very much...

Casimir Effect
08-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Machinarium is always a good choice for a short-ish puzzler.

castlot
05-01-2012, 02:12 AM
Anybody here plays zynga's new hidden object game Hidden Chronicles (http://anyonlinegames.com/facebook-games/hidden-chronicles.html). here is the facebook game app link http://www.facebook.com/HiddenChronicles

trjp
05-01-2012, 02:29 AM
The Drawn games are excellent and go WAY beyond just 'hidden object' puzzles...

and you'll probably find them in your local supermarket/Wilkinsons etc. in a boxed-set for 5 :)

LordHuggington
05-01-2012, 04:57 AM
Count me as someone joining the "Play Drawn!" chorus. Delightful games.

Vicky
17-01-2012, 02:57 AM
was it like Mystery Manor?

financial aid for graduate school (http://badcreditstudentloans.cc/how-to-get-a-student-loan-for-graduate-school-with-bad-credit-and-no-co-signer/)

anabela83
23-02-2012, 08:37 AM
“Mystery Manor” is a nice game. The story is little overloaded, but it’s still a good game. If you want lots of points and clicks, this game is the right thing for you. The missing objects are placed into quite logical and fitting locations. I have to tell you that I run out of energy after searching the 3 different rooms.

Alez
23-02-2012, 08:51 AM
Yeah the Drawn series gets my vote as well. The only hidden object games i like...and i HATE hidden object games.

I hate the "here's a static picture, stare and find shit on it" gameplay. Drawn games don't do that often, and when they do it's usually a nice animated picture that you change by clicking things.

The puzzles are pretty nice too, good balance of difficulty. Although there was one fucking puzzle that took me and my girlfriend a few hours until we gave up and skipped it. The one with the frogs eating flies. I'm not exaggerating when i say hours.

She installed the game on her laptop too and tried to find a pattern, i just tried to do all the combinations but there were just too many.

I don't know why we couldn't crack it, we didn't have any problems on the others but that just completely ruined us.

I'll have nightmares for the rest of my life with those damned colored frogs.

Heliocentric
23-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Tiny Bang Story is beautiful, and diverted me for hours when I clearly should have been something more categorical as a game.

deano2099
23-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Yeah the Drawn series gets my vote as well. The only hidden object games i like...and i HATE hidden object games.

I hate the "here's a static picture, stare and find shit on it" gameplay. Drawn games don't do that often, and when they do it's usually a nice animated picture that you change by clicking things.

The puzzles are pretty nice too, good balance of difficulty. Although there was one fucking puzzle that took me and my girlfriend a few hours until we gave up and skipped it. The one with the frogs eating flies. I'm not exaggerating when i say hours.

She installed the game on her laptop too and tried to find a pattern, i just tried to do all the combinations but there were just too many.

I don't know why we couldn't crack it, we didn't have any problems on the others but that just completely ruined us.

I'll have nightmares for the rest of my life with those damned colored frogs.

Did you know you can spit flies back out? It wasn't obvious to me but can't be done without it.

Voon
23-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Arguably, every point-and-click adventure game that involves hunting for some well-hidden pixels

Heliocentric
23-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Those bots are scarily good.

Voon
23-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Now that you mention it...

Alez
23-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Did you know you can spit flies back out? It wasn't obvious to me but can't be done without it.

I...but..i thought...so many hours wasted on this. I just checked videos and that's how you solve it but...why didn't i ever try to click to spit them out? I think it was broken or something because i can't believe i never even randomly clicked in rage at least once a frog with a fly.

Well thanks for just blowing my mind.

DigitalSignalX
23-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Any of the Assassin's creed games. Ignore the plot except to open up new areas and hunt / climb / puzzle for flags and feathers. Surely I'm not the only one who does that... *cough*