PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft II players

hexagonalbolts
03-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Provide your name and ID number below and join up with other RPS players for versus, team battles and tutoring. Remember to join the chat channel "RockPaperShotgun" too!

Europe

HexagonalB / 596 (< that's me!) - Protoss/Zerg, gold/platinum, only team games
Sassenach / 492 - Zerg
Dragosani / 245 - Protoss
Krans / 960 - Protoss
Bogart / 352
FeralFerret / 886 - Protoss
CreepingDeth/870
StormTec/605
Malous/691
Fellbane/534 Zerg
PooSlapper/655 - Diamond Terran, mostly 1v1
Gaz/370 - 'gold/silver 1v1 - zerg'
Sweedums/725
Nesadi/908 - Zerg
Webcole/197 'Silver, just started getting in to SC2'
Gand/934 'Protoss, mention you're from RPS when you add me, best rank is diamond random 4v4'

North America

Doss/743 - 'High gold/Plat random player. I'd be happy to play with anyone'
Miker/519
Amagi/281

NoExtraLife
03-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Good idea, I'd every intention of playing SC2 online more often, but never found enough people willing to just play for enjoyment, Skill level wise though I guess I am competent at the very least, although I am sure there is alot of rust to scrape off.

Creeping Death
03-06-2011, 12:32 PM
I've just reinstalled the game after taking a break for... oooh 6 or 7 months? I definately fulfill the "rubbish noob" category of your "Variety of skill levels" request ^^

hexagonalbolts
03-06-2011, 12:57 PM
I'm no SC2 prodigy myself, but I've played it a fair bit and I'm more than willing to help out with rust-scraping or teaching the basics a bit. I play with a few other people and we're all happy to get really competitive or just laugh when it all goes horribly wrong. Unfortunately I'm going travelling for three months in a few days so I won't be able to play with you myself at the moment, but I hope other people will want to join in and play together. NoExtraLife and Creeping Death it sounds like you two would be good playing together yourselves?

jstutters
03-06-2011, 02:52 PM
One more for the rubbish noob gang. Just started laddering/getting my arse kicked, definitely up for something a bit less brutal from time to time.

Krans
03-06-2011, 03:10 PM
Another rubbish noob here! I have the awesome distinction of being #100 in Bronze in my division. Go me! I tend to play Protoss and lose to Zealot rushes, MM stim timing pushes and the Zerg in general.

Pijama
03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Since Blizzard had the WONDERFUL idea of isolating regions, consider me interested in any RPS group for North America, although I am in the Southern part of it.

Yeah, bit strange ain't it...

Miker
03-06-2011, 05:37 PM
I'd love to play with friends from across the pond, but I'm in the US. My ID is Miker.519, if anybody wants to add me.

StormTec
03-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Yet another rubbish noob here! I go by the same handle as I do on these forums...

I like to think I have the knowledge, but lack the execution. If anyone wants someone to practice with, feel free to add me. I'm always looking for more people to play with that perhaps will not trounce me in 7 minutes XD

One fun thing you could do, if you get, say a 4v4 going, is to have what is called a Mono-battle. Where you all publicly announce a military unit of your race and your army can only consist of that one unit for the entirety of the game (you can build workers and defence structures). I've watched games played like this, and they seem fun for a lol.

hexagonalbolts
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Another rubbish noob here! I have the awesome distinction of being #100 in Bronze in my division. Go me! I tend to play Protoss and lose to Zealot rushes, MM stim timing pushes and the Zerg in general.

Those rush tactics are all extremely frustrating at the start of the game but if you look up some videos on them, they are all avoidable, often with some intense micromanagement and scouting :)

hexagonalbolts
03-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Does anyone fancy a team game now? Leave me your ID and ID number-thing?

StormTec
03-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Not free right now, but feel free to add me anyway for future reference =]

ID: StormTec ID No.:605.

Darkath
04-06-2011, 02:25 AM
Hey folks do RPS have a chat channel up on B.net ? It would greatly ease the process of getting together (and make one more place to chill between games)

Krans
04-06-2011, 08:46 PM
Can I suggest "RockPaperShotgun" as the chat channel on the EU server? If anyone wants to add me, ID: Krans No.: 960

TheLastBaron
04-06-2011, 10:30 PM
I just found out that the 14 year old brother of someone I know is in master's league. It's depressing to think that I was playing Star Craft when he was only a year old, yet I'm a rubbish noob and he could crush me a million times over.

Darkath
04-06-2011, 11:02 PM
I just found out that the 14 year old brother of someone I know is in master's league. It's depressing to think that I was playing Star Craft when he was only a year old, yet I'm a rubbish noob and he could crush me a million times over.

Young people have way to much time ;)

Right now i'm struggling to get out of silver league both in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 ... As I or we crush most our ennemies I believe i should be in gold right now, but the system won't let me :(

bogart
05-06-2011, 12:56 AM
I'd be up for some casual SC2in', Number : 352 and name is Bogart.

StormTec
05-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows how the league advancement system works. I somehow mamanged to place in gold league initially, and how I am not pushed out of there yet, I don't know.

I will see about creating a chat channel when I get back, but I'm not enturely sure about the ins and outs of chat channels i.e. whether it needs someone in it all the time to stay open or whatever.

Darkath
05-06-2011, 02:10 PM
I will see about creating a chat channel when I get back, but I'm not enturely sure about the ins and outs of chat channels i.e. whether it needs someone in it all the time to stay open or whatever.

I don't think so, the only thing is that everyone must toggle the option to open the channel as soon you log in on battlenet.

hexagonalbolts
05-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows how the league advancement system works. I somehow mamanged to place in gold league initially, and how I am not pushed out of there yet, I don't know.

I believe you have to win a certain quota of your matches against players of superior leagues, keep persevering and you will be moved up eventually. You can be moved down a league but it is extremely hard, you will have to lose against a large number of players who are in a significantly lower league than you. I wish I wasn't going away so that I could play with everyone now :( I will make this thread again in three months time and everyone better still want to play / want teaching!

Miker
05-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Can we update the OP with a list of players and who server they're on?

BobsLawnService
05-06-2011, 09:49 PM
I used to play on the European servers but I haven't in a while. I think I'm the worst SCII player on the planet at the moment having won a single game out of the ten or so I've played in the Bronze league. I'm from the drunken lan party with a bunch of buddies just messing around school of RTS gaming and it shows.

Darkath
05-06-2011, 11:49 PM
You can be moved down a league but it is extremely hard, you will have to lose against a large number of players who are in a significantly lower league than you.

Not really true, in my team we were playing in 3v3 gold league, with more wins than losses, then after a game we lost (the players were gold and we just had few wins before), we suddently got downgraded to silver league, and we didn't move up since then (we're staying like 2nd of our division).

Same in 2v2 silver league, we steamroll most of our enemies with some occasional losses against our weak matchups and we stay like 2nd of our division.

jstutters
06-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Should probably add my battle.net ID, I'm jester #879. Feel free to add me. Wound up in gold after the placement matches but I can only assume that's because I got very lucky with who I was matched against - people who's mice broke halfway through, their hands fell off etc.

StormTec
07-06-2011, 07:52 PM
Ok. So user-created channels do not show up in your list unless you were there once before. So, if we want a channel, I saw we set battle.net to auto-join private channels, which will auto-join the last private channel you were in. So whenever you log in to battle.net next time, create a channel called RockPaperShotgun (not sure if it's case-sensitive and you only have to do this once so the game auto-joins you to it next time), if it's not there. That way, if any of us are online, the channel will be there.

Going to add some people who've posted their IDs in this thread.

Edit: Thought it might be an idea to create an SC2 group (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3). Feel free to join up =]

jstutters
08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Good to see some RPSers online last night - hope to get some games going soon. I made the useful discovery that I was building about half as many SCVs as I needed which should result in my getting rolled over at least 2% less than before.

StormTec
08-06-2011, 06:29 PM
protip: always build workers. Always.

Unless you're zerg, then it's a little more complicated...

Also, I'd like to point out that I've started a thread for people to list their SC2 IDs and numbers on the group page (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3). If you fancy sharing, just post it in the discussion there =]

pl4t0
09-06-2011, 02:14 AM
Ooh, ooh, I play SCII!

Sev.363, I play on the NA servers. High diamond Terran starting to face off against Masters-level players (1v1 of course, not into serious team games). Would be great to get into some friendly team games with fellow RPS chums though :)

Creeping Death
13-06-2011, 11:03 PM
CreepingDeat 870 (stupid character limits)

That's UK by the way, anyone can feel free to add me but I'd prefer people that are a bit rubbish like me (or someone that'd be nice enough to hold back xD)

bogart
14-06-2011, 12:48 AM
This thread was essentially abandoned so.... /bump, My character code is 352, name is Bogart, I'll accept friend invites. Any chance of getting a few more determined players + a time for some casual games with each other?

P.S We've a chat channel (albeit an empty one) ''RockPaperShotgun'' on sc2, and a group http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/group.php?groupid=3 so come on folks! Lets get some more SC2ers in here!

StormTec
14-06-2011, 08:07 AM
Yeah~ sorry, I've been a bit busy as of late. Will try to get back into the habit of playing throughout the week, lol.

jstutters
14-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I'll probably be on for an hour or two this evening (hopefully playing fewer TvTs than last night). I'll try to remember to stay in the RockPaperShotgun channel instead of accidentally closing it.

malous
19-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Hey, just finished my placement matches won 1 out of 5 and got placed in the sliver league... How does that work??? I am now getting my ar*e handed to me... I have lost 5 on the bounce although 2 were close. Could do with some friendly matches just to have some fun.

ID is "Malous" if any one is interested in some fun matches co-op, 1 vs 1 or team...

boats
27-07-2011, 12:04 AM
Silver League. If anyone wants to play, send me a pm.

Thants
27-07-2011, 08:22 AM
Currently trying to crawl my way back up to Diamond after getting knocked down to Platinum as a result of not playing for quite a while.

Krans
27-07-2011, 01:15 PM
I'm about to jump into the EU server for some practice. Hit me up if you want a game. Krans-960, and I'll be in the RockPaperShotgun channel too.

Edit: I'm at the bottom of Bronze, so coaching would also be appreciated!

smokingkipper
28-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Id like to meet and play, but not really in team games. Id like to play some practise games against you guys to help us both polish up our play. (I need someone to bunker rush me 20 games in a row, etc).

Anyone up for this? I am Gold/Plat level zerg or toss.

hexagonalbolts
03-08-2011, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone,

I apologise for letting this thread die a bit after starting it, as I mentioned before, I've been travelling for a couple of months, I am back in two weeks and I'm up for properly reviving this thread (perhaps it would be better to start a fresh one). I'd like to organise an active list of players and the servers they are on, tutoring/coaching (I would absolutely love some myself), having friendly team games together and organising versus matches. I'll have a whole month off before university starts and I've been itching to do some starcrafting! We'll work out some way to all share details, or do a recruitment drive for the in game channel. See you all in two weeks.

Krans
18-08-2011, 08:51 PM
I could really do with a Zerg player to practise against -- I'm massively struggling against Zerg on the ladder, and I need some help working on how to play PvZ effectively. Any volunteers?

Doss0311
26-08-2011, 07:13 PM
NA Region

Doss.743

High gold/Plat random player. I'd be happy to play with anyone.

hexagonalbolts
01-09-2011, 06:01 PM
Quite a few of us playing tonight, add me up if you want to join in for some team games!

Fellbane
01-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Fellbane.534, diamond zerg, up for some team games every so often ^^

Squirm
01-09-2011, 09:46 PM
Hey, in the channel right now, seems a little quiet, what with me making it a total of 3.

Anyways, i'm masters with all 3 races and play on EU/NA and korea so.. if any of you guys want to play/practice chat sc2 i'll be hanging around in the chat-channel :).

Haven't really played for about 5 weeks but the rust comes off quickly :) hope to see more around.

edit: i used to be fairly big into the sc2 community, doing some coaching/running tournaments when i was in the top200 etc, i just love to play/chat/help people out

Mr.Nice
02-09-2011, 07:36 AM
PooSlapper.655, diamond terran, mostly playing 1v1 but interested in doing some team games for fun :)

Also interested in playing protoss/zerg for fun as well, although I don't really know how!

Feel free to add me RPS is the best!

hexagonalbolts
05-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey, in the channel right now, seems a little quiet, what with me making it a total of 3.

Anyways, i'm masters with all 3 races and play on EU/NA and korea so.. if any of you guys want to play/practice chat sc2 i'll be hanging around in the chat-channel :).

Haven't really played for about 5 weeks but the rust comes off quickly :) hope to see more around.

edit: i used to be fairly big into the sc2 community, doing some coaching/running tournaments when i was in the top200 etc, i just love to play/chat/help people out

Haha yes that's normal. You'd think RPS would be exactly the sort of place that Starcraft players would read, and they must have a readership of hundreds of thousands - which makes it strange that so few players are interested. I've tried advertising this thread a few times in other threads or comments on articles, but there is still surprisingly little interest - still I've met all of my regular starcraft buddies through here :)

kyrieee
09-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I haven't played much since beta but I watch it a ton and I'm thinking about getting into it, I'm just worried I'll get obsessed with getting good hehe.

cairbre
15-09-2011, 10:40 PM
I am a bronze league player but would like to play a few games haven't played in months now must check out you friendly RPS crowd

Krans
15-09-2011, 11:29 PM
I am a bronze league player but would like to play a few games haven't played in months now must check out you friendly RPS crowd
I'm also a Bronze league player -- feel free to add me, and we can get some games going. :-)

cairbre
16-09-2011, 11:58 AM
What is your battle account id? I will send you a friend request probably have to wait until tomorrow as I have 'real world' stuff to do this evening after work.

hexagonalbolts
06-10-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm going to be on most of today, anyone gold-ish fancy a few team games?

Sweedums
13-10-2011, 03:22 PM
im up for a few games from time to time. If anyone wants to add me in game my name is Sweedums, ID no. is 725

just say in the description ur from RPS and ill happily accept the request :)

Gand
24-10-2011, 09:13 AM
Sorry about the thread Necro, but someone linked it in a comment... Im up for games, and also able to teach some basics if someone is found to be worse than me (not a sure thing by any stretch!) Im mainly a protoss player but have been loving random recently, and my best ranking is rank 1 in diamond, random 4v4, although working up in other areas atm, only just getting into 1v1.

Gand - 934

Mention your from RPS when you add me!

Web Cole
02-11-2011, 12:42 AM
So I just started getting into SC2. Played my placement matches and won two, both against unranked opponents. So now I'm in Silver and have been kind of afraid to play any actual games 'cause I'm terribad :P

Anyone have any good tips for newbies, good resources and such? (Been watching Day9s Newbie Tuesdays and the like.)

ID: WebCole ID No: 197

hexagonalbolts
03-12-2011, 02:16 PM
So I just started getting into SC2. Played my placement matches and won two, both against unranked opponents. So now I'm in Silver and have been kind of afraid to play any actual games 'cause I'm terribad :P

Anyone have any good tips for newbies, good resources and such? (Been watching Day9s Newbie Tuesdays and the like.)

ID: WebCole ID No: 197

Day9 is an excellent resource! Also, watch your own replays, *especially* looking at the data at the top left (you can choose different things) you will see things you can't normally work out in the game i.e. how many workers each of you has, etc. You will learn a lot.

Come join us for some team games if you want and I can give you more advice: HexagonalB 596

StormTec
03-12-2011, 03:47 PM
I haven't been about AT ALL lately. I'm glad that there still seems to be some activity in this thread =]

Been a bit too busy for a while and fell out of playing SC2 for a while, and am now free enough to consider getting back into it. So might be up for some battle.net get-togethers =]

Quincy
03-12-2011, 04:09 PM
I'm a really rusty mid-level silver looking to shake off the rust and clean the cobwebs. I really want to get back into actually playing instead of just watching streams and Day[9]...

jplayer01
03-12-2011, 06:41 PM
Nesadi 908

Zerg, haven't played in a while, although I've been practicing every day with a friend this past week. I do mainly team games, if anybody is interested. Currently platinum with my friend.

StormTec
03-12-2011, 07:17 PM
I have no idea how you're supposed to roll in team games, come to think of it. I've only ever played 1v1. Is it easier or harder? lol

Gaz
03-12-2011, 08:23 PM
Gaz.370 on EU and Amagi.281 on NA

Am Gold/Silver 1v1 but only got promoted from Bronze this season despite playing a decent amount and watching a fuck ton of SC2 since the summer. My main race is supposedly Zerg (Silver EU) but after getting a cheap US account I qualified as a Plat Protoss there but chain surrendered some games to go down to somewhere I was more comfortable playing. Play a fair amount of team games with mates but always up for more SC2.

hexagonalbolts
05-12-2011, 01:04 PM
I have no idea how you're supposed to roll in team games, come to think of it. I've only ever played 1v1. Is it easier or harder? lol

It's less competitive, but there are a different set of strategies to understand and if you have a poorly coordinated team then you'll get steamrolled.

Gaz.370 on EU and Amagi.281 on NA

Am Gold/Silver 1v1 but only got promoted from Bronze this season despite playing a decent amount and watching a fuck ton of SC2 since the summer. My main race is supposedly Zerg (Silver EU) but after getting a cheap US account I qualified as a Plat Protoss there but chain surrendered some games to go down to somewhere I was more comfortable playing. Play a fair amount of team games with mates but always up for more SC2.

Nesadi 908

Zerg, haven't played in a while, although I've been practicing every day with a friend this past week. I do mainly team games, if anybody is interested. Currently platinum with my friend.

I'm a really rusty mid-level silver looking to shake off the rust and clean the cobwebs. I really want to get back into actually playing instead of just watching streams and Day[9]...

Add me then and a load of us can do some team games together, I'm hexagonalb / 596 on Starcraft, and HexagonalBolts on steam if you ask me for a game on there I'm almost always up for one - Just mention that you're off RPS.

DWZippy
05-12-2011, 01:36 PM
I'm usually around to make the rest of you look good too! :D

hexagonalbolts
06-12-2011, 01:10 AM

I just added all of you by the way, the game doesn't allow you to send a message with the add, so I thought I'd notify you here that I am not a random weirdo off a 4v4 you played 3 months ago. Lets play some team games soon.

Krans
07-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I've added everybody as well. I'm looking for some practice partners at the moment, so if I see you online I'll hassle you for some games!

Reinhardt
08-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Hey, can I play on the EU server even if I'm in the states? I was a platinum player about a year ago but ultimately found that the stress/increased heartrate of competitive play was too taxing a hobby for me to continue. None of my friends play anymore either, so it'd be really great to just relax with a string of no-commitment games.

My name on there is Django.

Krans
08-03-2012, 06:52 PM
You need to have an EU version of SC2 (it's region-locked, unfortunately). Are there no other US-region RPS players about?

Antares
01-05-2012, 07:15 PM
I'm not sure if this topic's still considered alive, but seeing how there's still folks in the RPS channel I'll give it a shot.

I'm Antares (691), Platinum Zerg fresh out of the placement matches. I'd love to play with or against some fellow RPSers.

kirrus
05-05-2012, 07:57 PM
If anyone wants to play, I'm Kirrus (730). I'll probably be bronze when I re-rank (last placed a while ago!) but more than happy to play anyone

Universal Hamster
05-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Hi, I'm Universal (153)
I'm incredibly, perhaps even impressively awful though...

kirrus
05-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Hi, I'm Universal (153)
I'm incredibly, perhaps even impressively awful though...

Co-op vs AI then? :)

Universal Hamster
10-05-2012, 10:09 PM
Co-op vs AI then? :)
On a good day with a fair wind behind me I can best the AI on normal difficulty three times out of ten.

WIP
22-05-2012, 07:35 PM
WiP (706)
It's been a while since i've played, was ~silver a few seasons ago. Would be nice to have a consistent playing partner!

karaluh
12-06-2012, 02:11 PM
karaluh.968 EU I would consider myself medicore bronze, but got placed in platinum, so my ass is currently a kick magnet. Also: achievements. I can do whatever.

sound-of-words
14-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Now that Heart of the Swarm is on the horizon I hope we can revive this thread or maybe start a new one. As frequent players move to HotS the WoL ladder will probably get less stressful for people who are not that good at Starcraft. HotS also has a non-ranked matchmaking which helps casual players prevent the laddering stress.

Anyways, I would like to find some people for team games in WoL or HotS. I'm in the EU region high Platinum 4v4. So, I play for fun. Anyone here who always writes gl hf and truly means it?

Beard Of Bees
14-01-2013, 03:05 PM
I haven't really played SC2 since shortly after launch but it's always nagged me that I should have spent more time on it. Maybe HotS will be a chance to pick it up again. I'm BeardofBees (365) and am pretty terrible. Maybe I'll see some of you around...

sound-of-words
15-01-2013, 06:05 PM
Hi, I added you. Don't worry about skill.

Anybody else? Yesterday night a random ally cannon rushed, failed, called our team noobs and attacked my building with his probes. New low ...

Athion
18-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Hey all id play some games as well if anyone was interested, i havent really played much though so im not overly good :P my name is Athion#2547

sound-of-words
18-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Hi, can't find you under this battletag and number.

Athion
18-01-2013, 08:12 PM
ok sorry try Athruin

sound-of-words
23-01-2013, 11:28 AM
Nope, doesn't work. You are in the EU region? Other than that you might want to check your number. AFAIK there is an account number and one for the game itself. Or just add me: shugyosha#826

Everblue
23-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I'm a terran player who got to platinum (finally) last summer before quitting. Thinking about rejoining for HOTS. Are there many RPSers who play?

Krans
21-02-2013, 07:39 PM
Hi everybody,

I've now created a "Rock Paper Shotgun" group on EU, I encourage anyone who's planning to play HotS when it comes out, or who still plays WoL regularly, to join it!

Cheers,

Peter

Alaeus
04-03-2013, 11:14 PM
I joined the group, Krans! Not that I play very much, but maybe I'll start again when HotS is here :)

Scamper
11-03-2013, 09:23 PM
I also joined your group and am looking forward to HotS and games with the group.
Have you thought about creating a RPS-clan?

Scamper / 838 / Protoss (probably gold)

Dolphan
16-04-2013, 05:10 PM
I've joined the group, been working my way back in since HoTS came out.

sound-of-words
21-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Also joined and always up for teamplay.

Prolar Bear
05-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Hullo, I'm new to SCII after dabbling in a bit of Brood War. Did you folks hear about the new spawning system? I'm a starter edition player along with my flatmates and my ID is MCarter. I shall probably join the EU group too.