PDA

View Full Version : Stalker Snork costume

Joseph
18-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Hey guys,
So it's Halloween soon and my house mates want a massive party with the costumes and all that sha-bang. My ideas for my own costume went from a Jester (Too hard), to Rorshach (Too expensive) and finally settled on a Snork (Juuuust right).
So far I have ordered a gasmask: http://tinyurl.com/5utyeq6
Not perfect but it's cheaps so I'm fine with that.
And about to order some decent boots (Which will be good to wear normally as well). My only problem now is the trousers and shirt, so I was wondering if the good people of RPS (I know you're all mental for Stalker) could help me out looking for them. Don't be afraid to get creative.

And for easy reference:
http://www.thgtr.com/game/20070511/images/snork.jpg

tldr: Help me find trousers and a shirt for a Snork costume.

Thanks in advance people!

desvergeh
18-10-2011, 12:26 PM
Nice costume idea, but will anyone actually get it?

Went dressed to a halloween party as a headcrab zombie from Half-Life. 1 person got it. Everyone else was just confused :(

Joseph
18-10-2011, 12:33 PM
There'll be a number of people there who'll get it but I reckon it's good enough for any costume party. It fits nicely into the "dead thing with scary mask" category.
And now that you've mentioned Half-Life I want to go as a Civil Protection officer :(

desvergeh
18-10-2011, 12:42 PM
I have a record of costume parties where no-one has any idea what I am supposed to be.

Went to one as one of the Phantasm balls. Thought it was a clever costume, except no-one at the party but me had seen any of the films!

For the snork trousers just get some combats from your nearest army surplus place. Suspect you can get russian army ones if you want to be authentic. Then just grime them up a bit.

Army shirt with the arms cut-off would work for the top too, but you might be able to find something better.

westyfield
18-10-2011, 04:20 PM
Army shirt with the arms cut-off would work for the top too, but you might be able to find something better.

It looks like a white/pale shirt with the sleeves rolled up to me. As you say, though, any cheap outfit with some mud and fake blood thrown on it will do.

desvergeh
18-10-2011, 04:58 PM
It looks like a white/pale shirt with the sleeves rolled up to me. As you say, though, any cheap outfit with some mud and fake blood thrown on it will do.

Yeah you are right. Did notice I had got that wrong. Looks like some insignias on the arms, beneath the grime.

Joseph
18-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Seems like everything I find from surplus shops is just too bright (which is odd considering it's camo) and looks like it belongs on an actionman. I may just get some urban camo stuff and run it through a grey dye.

Mistabashi
18-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I just googled for pictures of Snorks to refresh my memory, only to be reminded of Rule 34. Wasn't expecting that...

Anyway, the shirt looks like a faded brown-green cammo shirt with the sleeves rolled-up to the elbow, and obviously rather torn and scuffed-up. Its also strapped around the chest with what looks like some kind of leather straps (you can buy leather or suede cord/strips pretty cheap).

DigitalSignalX
19-10-2011, 04:00 AM
Snorks always remind of the guy on the cover of Boarderlands.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_youDodHPNWo/THqcQb-8tOI/AAAAAAAAAPM/gssAcNbjF1k/s320/borderlands_endgame.jpg

TailSwallower
19-10-2011, 04:56 AM
Seems like everything I find from surplus shops is just too bright (which is odd considering it's camo) and looks like it belongs on an actionman. I may just get some urban camo stuff and run it through a grey dye.

You could also try leaving it out in the elements until Halloween. I was going to say the sun would do a good job of bleaching it, but then I noticed you're in England... Well, the rain could do the same.

Otherwise just run the clothes through some mud and let them dry. I just think dyeing already-dyed clothes never really works well - plus it's more money and less fun than deliberately dirtying clothes.

The Innocent
19-10-2011, 06:03 AM
Sitting on a couch with dried mud on your pants could mean grumpy housemates.

Ebay has some darker camo pants (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MENS-CARHARTT-CARGO-COMBAT-PANTS-TROUSERS-W-32-L-32-CAMO-/270832391476?pt=UK_Men_s_Trousers&hash=item3f0ede5534). I'd just go with something like that.

Henke
19-10-2011, 10:04 AM
What is the deal with the Snorks anyway? I never thought that was a very believable enemytype. If there was just one guy with that outfit and a gasmask who had happened to be mutated in a way that made him crawl around and behave like that I'd be ok with it but there's a whole bunch of em! What are the odds that they all happened to wear the exact same thing when they got mutated?

Or maybe they all changed into that outfit after they got mutated in order to create a sense of community and togetherness.

Who knows? One thing is for sure though: I am defenitely overthinking this.

Joseph
19-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I was going to say the sun would do a good job of bleaching it, but then I noticed you're in England... Well, the rain could do the same.

:D

And Innocent hit nicely on the point that walking round a house covered in dry mud is a good way to upset fellow housemates and happy Halloween people.

westyfield
19-10-2011, 04:09 PM
What is the deal with the Snorks anyway? I never thought that was a very believable enemytype. If there was just one guy with that outfit and a gasmask who had happened to be mutated in a way that made him crawl around and behave like that I'd be ok with it but there's a whole bunch of em! What are the odds that they all happened to wear the exact same thing when they got mutated?

Or maybe they all changed into that outfit after they got mutated in order to create a sense of community and togetherness.

Who knows? One thing is for sure though: I am defenitely overthinking this.

They look like mutated soldiers to me, and they would probably have already been wearing gas masks to help ward off evil spirits.