PDA

View Full Version : No COD:Elite on Day 1 for PC

Citruspunch
24-10-2011, 05:18 PM
http://oneofswords.com/2011/10/call-of-duty-elite-october-2011-update/

"We need more time to get there, so Elite on PC will not launch on Day 1."

srsly!?!?!? oh ffs.

Also: No paid version of the PC Elite service, just the free one. So DLC will have to be paid for as it has in the past rather than the monthly drops they're suggesting the consoles get.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

gundrea
24-10-2011, 05:26 PM
They're not getting money for it ergo they have it as a lower priority implementation.

Software as a Service was one of the best scams of the 21st century.

acidtestportfolio
24-10-2011, 05:29 PM
oh well it's a good thing i know that these people don't deserve money

Citruspunch
24-10-2011, 05:39 PM
My beef is mostly todo with the DLC being dished out early and often and cheaper (in the long run) than a DLC pack once in a while.

Smashbox
24-10-2011, 06:28 PM
So... PC version a console port? Any guesses?

sabrage
24-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Given Activision's history of $15 map packs, COD Elite would be the only way to entice me into MW3. And that would only be assuming I kept the maps if I cancelled my subscription, which I kind of doubt. By and large, these map packs splinter the playerbase and limit creativity and variety by giving direct incentive to NOT include modding tools. And really, this shit should be free.

Citruspunch
24-10-2011, 07:50 PM
Given Activision's history of $15 map packs, COD Elite would be the only way to entice me into MW3. And that would only be assuming I kept the maps if I cancelled my subscription, which I kind of doubt. By and large, these map packs splinter the playerbase and limit creativity and variety by giving direct incentive to NOT include modding tools. And really, this shit should be free.

On console, if you pay for elite (i.e. Premium) then you get dlc. when you're subscription runs out, then you DO still keep the DLC.

On PC, there is no subscription. No paid version of Elite. (apparently).

Elite IS free.

I've no problem with AAA developers NOT giving out mod tools. It's great if they can, but it's a huge development cost.