PDA

View Full Version : The Random Encounter

sabrage
24-10-2011, 07:13 PM
Vlambeer's entry to the Serious Sam indie trilogy is the only one that really got my goat (I've played Canabalt. I don't need to play it any more.) I loved Super Crate Box and the art style TRE has going for it is divine. It's ~$5 on Steam; I haven't even played it, I've been sold since the first trailer I saw. Further props for doing something interesting with the stagnant corpse of the JRPG, at least as far as PC is concerned.

Smashbox
24-10-2011, 07:53 PM
Check out the Giantbomb Quick Look. It's intrigued me.

trjp
24-10-2011, 08:36 PM
I usually avoid GB's quicklooks as they're anything but quick and frequently packed with inane drivel (see also TotalBiscuit) - but this one was interesting enough to drag my attention to the game - and as it's out already, I think I'll have it!!

icupnimpn2
24-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I thought this thread would invite an in-depth discussion of the nature of the random encounter in video games... I was quite anticipating the inevitable erudite and profound insights.

Smashbox
24-10-2011, 08:59 PM
i thought this thread would invite an in-depth discussion of the nature of the random encounter in video games... I was quite anticipating the inevitable erudite and profound insights.

rocket launchers!

Keep
24-10-2011, 09:55 PM
I thought this thread would invite an in-depth discussion of the nature of the random encounter in video games... I was quite anticipating the inevitable erudite and profound insights.

So I was going to reply pondering "Could you have a truly random encounter interacting with a strictly deterministic system like a videogame?" and then I asked actually what the hell is a random encounter anyway...

And now I don't know things anymore :(.

Giaddon
25-10-2011, 12:41 AM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/201480/

sabrage
25-10-2011, 01:15 AM
I'd love to tell you what I think, but my game is crippled by some audio error and I can't rightly play it until I find a fix.

I don't like Let's Play videos. I didn't really watch them until that flux of Terraria LP's earlier this year, and that completely ruined Terraria for me. I already felt like I'd seen everything in the game, and that ruined it for me. I'm sure by now there's enough new content to placate that feeling, but I feel no urge to go back and play it.