PDA

View Full Version : lol, the guys at Kalypso are such dicks

ZIGS
25-10-2011, 08:33 PM
So, The Cursed Crusade was released today on Steam and guess what is today's daily deal: The First Templar. Somehow I think this is more than coincidence. Nevertheless, both games blow ass

Althea
25-10-2011, 09:45 PM
The First Templar blows ass? I wonder if we played the game. Oh, most likely not.

It was a rather good game, if one forgives the slightly poor combat and the lower budget visuals.

Edit: The Cursed Crusade has been on Steam UK, albeit only visible in searches, for about two weeks now. It's only Steam US that got it today.

Smashbox
25-10-2011, 09:47 PM
They're dicks for releasing and selling their games?

Althea
25-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Just to point out Kalypso have nothing to do with The Cursed Crusade. It's published by Atlus in the US, dtp in the EU, and The First Templar released about six months earlier. So yeah, I don't see how Kalypso are being dicks.

Kaira-
25-10-2011, 09:52 PM

I have no idea either why they are such dicks. But because it's on the internet, it's gotta be true.

SirKicksalot
25-10-2011, 09:55 PM
OP implies they're dicks for reducing the price of their game the same day a somewhat similar game is launching.
I think they're smart, especially since TFT seems to be the better game.

Althea
25-10-2011, 09:57 PM
OP implies they're dicks for reducing the price of their game the same day a somewhat similar game is launching.
But TCC is only launching in one region today. It's been available in the EU, arguably its target market, for at least a week now.

And it's only a 24hr reduction, not like it's a permanent one, although it still is only 20 to TCC's 30.

ZIGS
25-10-2011, 10:36 PM

Finally someone got it

Kodeen
25-10-2011, 10:57 PM
Are publishers able to request specific dates for their sales?

zookeeper
25-10-2011, 11:01 PM
Finally someone got it

*everyone else got it too... they just disagree with you*

somini
25-10-2011, 11:29 PM
The last two post had not fulfilled their 'dicks' quota, so I'm here to resolve the balance : Double Dicks. That is all.

TheRed
25-10-2011, 11:34 PM
Double Dicks. That is all.

What a day THAT was.

Lukasz
25-10-2011, 11:39 PM
so if both games blow ass...

why do you care that kalypso is reducing price on a game?

not even going into argument why that is somehow a wrong move seeing as we, customers can get a cheaper product.