PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 - Rock Platoon Shotgun

Greg Wild
26-10-2011, 05:45 PM
http://static.cdn.ea.com/battlelog/prod/emblems/320/2832655240991405978.jpeg?v=1319647409.91

I've taken the liberty of setting up a BF3 platoon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655240991405978/

Chances are this will be one of a few, since there's a 100 member maximum on platoons.

Also, remember the steam chat group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps , which will likely act as the best place to keep in communication, especially between separate RPS platoons. I'm stalinsghost, one of the moderators in the chat group, so feel free to get in touch if needed.

Voice communication, as ever, will be provided through the community mumble server:

server.herosquad.org
Password? The password is always 'rumpus'

And there's more!

http://static.cdn.ea.com/battlelog/prod/emblems/320/395/2832655241017577395.jpeg?v=1319879215.1

Sabrage has set up a second platoon, called Rock Paper Flechette (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241017577395/). This will be the U.S. alpha Platoon, for now.

Might I suggest that those in the U.S. who joined Rock Platoon Shotgun switch to RPF, since it would probably be a massive help when it comes to organizing group shenanigans (which will undoubtedly begin in earnest soon).

Bodge
26-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Will join as soon as the game turns up. Also people should be joining this too - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSBF3

Aerothorn
26-10-2011, 08:58 PM
I was wondering why there wasn't one of these yesterday, and then I remembered it wasn't out in Europe yet (So I guess DICE can't play it in their Swedish homeland?). I'm a forum newbie but would love to join in on an RPS platoon.

It's worth noting that there's also a party voice function, so if you're playing a small game (8 or less) you can just load people up in the comm center and use that to talk.

Just so you know, I'm prepping a very-belated review of the multiplayer after my upcoming singleplayer review, so you'll all be my guinea pigs!

Smashbox
26-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Will join as soon as the game turns up. Also people should be joining this too - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSBF3

Yo Bodge, the links to the platoons on the Steam page don't work for me. If they work for you... is this a region problem? (I'm in USA)

Bodge
26-10-2011, 09:02 PM
nah it is because they are the old platoons from the beta. I don't have the game so can't log in to the comm centre, i will update it with the link in the OP

The JG Man
26-10-2011, 09:06 PM
100 people to a platoon? Well bums. Wish I could get on Battlelog and get in, but considering I likely won't be playing till late next Friday...grrr...

Smashbox
26-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Bodge, I made an avatar if you want it:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603627/soldierface.jpg

ArtVandelay
27-10-2011, 02:30 PM
Joined up. Look forward to playing some BF3 with you all.

duff
27-10-2011, 11:58 PM
Whats the plan? All join the same server and make different mumble channels for each squad?

Aerothorn
28-10-2011, 07:17 AM
I guess? I remain absolutely flabbergasted that there's no in-game VOIP. On a normal public server, it's a team game where you can't communicate with your team (because nobody is looking at the text box in this day and age, and the preset radio commands are almost useless and difficult to select to boot). I wasn't expecting a revolution, but removing key features that were in its 6-year-old predecessor is not what I was looking for.

Greg Wild
28-10-2011, 08:08 AM
Yep, the VOIP provision is pretty crap all in all. Mumble it is, I think.

Also, would anyone mind taking up the role of admin in the group? I'm only going to be around intermittently over the weekend, so perhaps a few other people to let people into the group would be good :)

Winstons
28-10-2011, 08:44 AM
Let's do this thing.

Spork
28-10-2011, 10:26 AM
Joined - hope to see you all on the battlefield, provided it installs ok when I get home.

Bodge
28-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I just realised i can use the old platoon logo.

Bodge
28-10-2011, 12:58 PM
Game arrived \o/ application sent.

The JG Man
28-10-2011, 01:34 PM
Arrived in the post today. Likely won't be able to play for a week, but made an application to join.

Also, for some reason I have access to the physical warfare pack for free, as if I pre-ordered on Origin? Errrm, okay!

battles_atlas
28-10-2011, 02:02 PM
I'm in, when you add me. Can't believe the lack on in-game VOIP.

Moleman
28-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Is this primarily on euro servers, or is there an NA equivalent? I have no idea what that would do to my ping (Not to mention I don't think I've ever gotten my mic to work correctly in 2 1/2 years of trying). Otherwise, I'd love to join up.

BigAndSneaky
28-10-2011, 02:52 PM
new to the forum but long time reader of the site. just applied to the platoon. can't wait to play with some of you guys!

ArtVandelay
28-10-2011, 03:04 PM
Is this primarily on euro servers, or is there an NA equivalent?

I am wondering the same thing. I joined the platoon but maybe there needs to be a second one for NA so there aren't timezone and ping problems.

duff
28-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Loving the game but the lack of a proper map is stoooopid.

Vandelay
28-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Applied to the Platoon, as X-Sp0nge. Look forward to shooting the breeze (namely, not hitting the enemy) with you guys.

Greg Wild
28-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Crikey. Just admitted 24 new people to the Platoon. It's filling up fast. We're now on 66 members. :D

Smashbox
28-10-2011, 04:40 PM
Just wanted to show off the platoon insignia I made: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391317780928/

Aerothorn
28-10-2011, 05:36 PM
Yep, the VOIP provision is pretty crap all in all. Mumble it is, I think.

Also, would anyone mind taking up the role of admin in the group? I'm only going to be around intermittently over the weekend, so perhaps a few other people to let people into the group would be good :)

I'll do it - currently unemployed, I got the time!

I am wondering the same thing. I joined the platoon but maybe there needs to be a second one for NA so there aren't timezone and ping problems.

Yeah, we'll see about timezone - I'm GMT -8, so (once employed) I'll only be able to play with Euro folk if they do evening weekend games. I imagine that if it fills up enough to have multiple platoons, all non-Europeans can get thrown into one of them.

pulseezar
28-10-2011, 09:58 PM
So erm how do I actually get to play with you lot?

Aerothorn
28-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Just wanted to show off the platoon insignia I made: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391317780928/

What happened to the Crabs?

And puls, I think they're just getting geared up now, presumably organized matches will be incoming (and a server?).

duff
28-10-2011, 11:43 PM
So erm how do I actually get to play with you lot?

Yeh, should we make a spreadsheet with some session times like the DDO group?

President Weasel
29-10-2011, 12:31 AM
I am nearly finished downloading the client from my preorder, but it will be tomorrow at the earliest before I can get over my grumpiness at being forced to deal with Origin and actually sign up. Not even sure my PC will hack the game, it's the first game in about 4 years where I am closer to min spec than recommended.

Bodge
29-10-2011, 01:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obW-1DXVmyM&feature=youtube_gdata

Here is part of a typical session on mumble.

Bodge
29-10-2011, 01:08 AM
Oh and i accepted a bunch of invites we are up to 85 members \o/ New platoon will have to be started soon

Aerothorn
29-10-2011, 01:59 AM
I am nearly finished downloading the client from my preorder, but it will be tomorrow at the earliest before I can get over my grumpiness at being forced to deal with Origin and actually sign up. Not even sure my PC will hack the game, it's the first game in about 4 years where I am closer to min spec than recommended.

You should be fine - I'm below recommended specs by a bit and I can run it with everything on high totally fine. It's not nearly as demanding as the pretty visuals would suggest.

Yeah, a new platoon should be added in the OP, with "Non Europeans Go Here" instructions. Though I'll hate to have to leave the original :(

The Hammer
29-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Thanks for accepting me in, Bodge!

sabrage
29-10-2011, 04:03 AM
I joined, but has anyone gotten on that US Platoon? If not I'll endeavor to set it up; it just makes more sense with the 100 player limit and the time zone differences.

Aerothorn
29-10-2011, 07:16 AM
If you could get that up that would be great, sabrage; I'd do it but I just spent too much time setting up another platoon (which is to say, designing the logo (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655391340766196/), cause that's the only part that takes any time) and I've got a couple of articles that need to be written tomorrow. I'm happy to be an admin for the group, if you'd like.

I think the leaders of each platoon should be members in every platoon so that there's some continuity between them and we can coordinate events better, etc. Unless we're using Steam for that?

Greg Wild
29-10-2011, 10:18 AM
Sounds good sabrage. I think it might work best if the current group remains as the EU/UK side of the operation, perhaps. If mostly because the leadership is from this part of the world.

sabrage
29-10-2011, 10:22 AM
Behold: Rock Paper Flechette (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241017577395/)

In my infinite creativity, our emblem is the traditional symbol of power (the Black Flag logo.) Subject to change when I've got the time and the inspiration to make it better! I think I can handle acting as admin, but if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate the input.

Oh, and feel free to add me on Steam or Origin or whatever.

battles_atlas
29-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Can I second the question about how we actually go about coordinating a game once we're in the group? I'm new to this real+virtual stuff.

RPS should rinse a server out of someone.

Greg Wild
29-10-2011, 10:47 AM
The Blag Flag logo is forever acceptable in my eyes. :D

I've updated the opening post with details.

sabrage
29-10-2011, 10:53 AM
Well, as someone with only two IRL buddies who own this game (and only one that can run it!) I see these platoons as an easy way to get on, see "Hey this dude is online!" and party up to crash a random server when I lack the actual friends to play with. I've also got an interim Ventrilo server for anyone who parties up with me, but as I don't own it I'd hate to have it constantly overrun by people I'm not even playing with.

The Hammer
29-10-2011, 02:26 PM
By the way champs, if anyone is stuck with a username they don't want on Battlefield 3, there issss a way to change it; it's just well hidden.

https://help.ea.com/article/change-your-origin-id?showhome=true

I used it to change mine, and it worked a charm.

Greg Wild
29-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Well, Rock Platoon Shotgun is now full. We're going to have to set up some more platoons really.

duff
29-10-2011, 05:07 PM
Any of you guys want to team up and play some this evening?

I'll be poking around in the RPS BF3 steam group chat room.

EDIT:

Bodge I added you to my friends list, you seem to be a man in the know :p

Joseph-Sulphur
29-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Any of you guys want to team up and play some this evening?

I'll be poking around in the RPS BF3 steam group chat room.

EDIT:

Bodge I added you to my friends list, you seem to be a man in the know :p
Stay in the main RPS group chatroom, the BF3 one is more of a sub-group.

duff
29-10-2011, 05:27 PM
Stay in the main RPS group chatroom, the BF3 one is more of a sub-group.

Right you are, thanks.

pulseezar
29-10-2011, 06:54 PM
So far it has been discovered that it is incredibly difficult to play with friends

Aerothorn
29-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Well, Rock Platoon Shotgun is now full. We're going to have to set up some more platoons really.

Of course, a solid chunk of those people are American players - is there a mass PM system or any way to contact them and say "Hey Youse Guys, Go Join Flechette?"

duff
30-10-2011, 12:23 AM
For anyone having trouble with Battlelog and Avast and you can't be arsed to keep switching Avast off:

Go to Real Time Shields tab > Web Shield > Expert Settings > Exclusions > add battlefield.com (http://www.battlefield.com)

sabrage
30-10-2011, 12:41 AM
Of course, a solid chunk of those people are American players - is there a mass PM system or any way to contact them and say "Hey Youse Guys, Go Join Flechette?"

As far as I can tell, there's no messaging system whatsoever with anyone who's not on your friends list.... I suppose the best we can do is make it clear in the descriptions the distinctions between the two Platoons and try to shepherd people in the right direction. It certainly doesn't help that most people don't list their location to help place them correctly.

battles_atlas
30-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Yeah the platoon thing is actually pretty functionless at this point, without the ability to message the whole platoon. Its just a shortlist from which you can add friends one by one, and only at that point can you do any useful communication. Not sure what purpose the platoon is supposed to service.

pulseezar
30-10-2011, 03:27 AM
It's worth pointing out that I've had some really good games with RPSers, zooming around in Spurros' helo and dropping onto the cap being a highlight! hopefully a patch will make the platoon system a bit more functional.

harvb
30-10-2011, 10:55 AM
If anyone makes space can they let me know? I'd quite like to join... Then I can be SuperMedic again.

Greg Wild
30-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I've got 14 applications, and no slots :D

This platoon malarkey is rubbish.

Vandelay
30-10-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah the platoon thing is actually pretty functionless at this point, without the ability to message the whole platoon. Its just a shortlist from which you can add friends one by one, and only at that point can you do any useful communication. Not sure what purpose the platoon is supposed to service.

I've been a bit confused of the purpose of it too. There isn't any chatroom and no way to message people (except for on the "wall.") You can't even join on people's games. The only difference I've noticed since joining the platoon is a message popping up when joining a server that says "Representing Rock, Platoon, Shotgun", but there is no indication I'm part of that platoon in the game.

All seems a little pointless for the moment. We might as well have a Steam group! You would at least actually be able to organise something through it.

Joseph-Sulphur
30-10-2011, 02:52 PM
I've been a bit confused of the purpose of it too. There isn't any chatroom and no way to message people (except for on the "wall.") You can't even join on people's games. The only difference I've noticed since joining the platoon is a message popping up when joining a server that says "Representing Rock, Platoon, Shotgun", but there is no indication I'm part of that platoon in the game.

All seems a little pointless for the moment. We might as well have a Steam group! You would at least actually be able to organise something through it.
We do have a steam group, I believe its called 'RPS BF3'. And I know it isn't much, but you can set your own clan tags, so you can be [RPS] Vandelay if you want.

Bodge
30-10-2011, 03:44 PM
2nd Platoon is here
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241028883850/

WIP at mo but join up now!

TimA
30-10-2011, 03:54 PM
Yay. I applied, TimmyA here.

Dolphan
30-10-2011, 07:39 PM
Applied to the new one - Dolphan87.

frewster
30-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Just applied to the US platoon. Hopefully Dice'll make platoons more useful soon. Although then we'd still have the problem of only having eight members. Wouldn't be Dice without their buggy releases though, now would it? :D

Bodge
30-10-2011, 10:01 PM
accepted a bunch more into 2nd platoon

sabrage
30-10-2011, 10:05 PM
Although then we'd still have the problem of only having eight members.

Hey, we're getting there! I actually quite like Battlelog (I've spent more time with it than I have playing the game!) but I have no doubt that there are some fairly major improvements in the pipeline to compete with Elite.

The other advantage I see to the Platoon system is, assuming we're all dedicated to this game and want to play it, mumble/ventrilo and BF3 servers could be split 100 ways. That's obviously a bit down the pipeline (and I don't know what the going rate on either of those things is) but we could feasibly have a server set up for each platoon and always have a place to go and play together.

frewster
31-10-2011, 12:56 AM
Hey, we're getting there!

Yeah, definitely. I'm sure that there are also some people who haven't been admitted yet. And I'm not hating on Battlelog (it works tons better than I thought it would), although the way server pings don't load until you scroll down is incredibly annoying, I'm just hoping for updates like you are.

That's a good idea about us all pitching in for a server. The more people we have, the better, and we could probably get a channel on the RPS mumble server if we asked nicely enough. It's a shame that BF3 has no voice chat. I just don't see how they could think it wasn't worth the effort for the amount of teamwork it would enable/add.

Also, just checked on server pricing. They look to be around $60-85 monthly for a private 64 player one, which I'm guessing is what we'd be going for, right?

Aerothorn
31-10-2011, 01:32 AM
$60-$85? Is that normal? Yeesh.

Of course, that's only about $1-$1.20 a slot, so I guess it's not that bad.

frewster
31-10-2011, 01:58 AM
From what I've read BF3 is a lot more resource intensive than most games, and that's why servers cost so much. That and the fact that you can't roll your own server.

Bodge
31-10-2011, 10:53 AM
we could probably get a channel on the RPS mumble server if we asked nicely enough.

There are a couple of BF3 channels on the mumble server, you are welcome to use those as necessary.

duff
31-10-2011, 03:38 PM
I would definitely chip in for us to get our own server. If (and it's a big if) we got around 30 people who play reguarly and are willing to donate it would only be a few pounds each per month, I personally know I'd definitely get more than my money's worth for that.

harvb
31-10-2011, 04:04 PM
The only problem is now all the RPS "A List" are in the first platoon, and the dregs are in second! (I'm including myself here.) :)

Dolphan
31-10-2011, 05:25 PM
The only problem is now all the RPS "A List" are in the first platoon, and the dregs are in second! (I'm including myself here.) :)

Clearly we need a platoon vs. platoon showdown to disprove this.

Although I am both in platoon 2 and pretty awful at the game.

Muzza
31-10-2011, 11:18 PM
second rater here as well :)

i think i'd be up for chipping into a server if we had reserved slots

Aerothorn
01-11-2011, 01:15 AM
Also not so great, though I'm definitely improving. Though my win/loss ratio is screwed up because I keep joining servers on the losing team 10 seconds before the game ends :(

Ilinx
01-11-2011, 03:09 PM
I'll chip in for a server. Might even get a chance to play at some point soon too (time and constant crashing permitting).

Spork
01-11-2011, 03:38 PM
I'm willing to chip in too, it'd be worth it to play with team voice comms and a bit of coordination. Of course with me on the team it might be coordinated crashing into trees and exploding, but still.

Aerothorn
02-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Does anyone want to take leadership on server rentals? I just don't know if this is ever going to happen if we wait till this thread fades into obscurity :(

Bodge
02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Accepted the latest handful of applications.

frewster
03-11-2011, 01:59 AM
Does anyone want to take leadership on server rentals? I just don't know if this is ever going to happen if we wait till this thread fades into obscurity :(

How would we go about collecting the money? Sending it to someone's Paypal account? With 22 people in the American platoon, I think we definitely have enough people to pay for a server. If everyone is up to paying $3 a month for a server from Multiplay, I'd be up to setting it up.

duff
03-11-2011, 03:42 AM
We would definitely need some kind of list of names before we commit to actually getting a server, probably even a month of payments in advance, to avoid the scenario of ending up vastly under funded.

frewster
03-11-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes, so if you're in the Rock Paper Flechette platoon be sure to go to the platoon page and reply to insomnialways' post about the cost of a server and if you'll pay for it. That way, like duff said, we'll have a list.

Colonel J
03-11-2011, 05:22 PM
We would definitely need some kind of list of names before we commit to actually getting a server, probably even a month of payments in advance, to avoid the scenario of ending up vastly under funded.

+1 me to those who'd be up for this and yeah happy to pay subs in advance.

Or, just an idea, maybe would RPS be willing to set one up and fund it by getting people to sign up for a monthly 'RPS server subscriber' site subscription fee, the current $2 (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/supportrps/) + the monthly server cost?

Bodge
03-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Jim (I think) stated that RPS would be getting a server "eventually", whether people want to get one to fill the gap is a different matter.

Aerothorn
04-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Yeah, I saw that - the question is whether we also want an American server. I've had pretty good connections with Europe so far, and I'm west coast, so it may not be an issue.

I do think it makes a lot of sense to run it through RPS for sign-ups, if they'll let us do that.

Nullkigan
04-11-2011, 11:13 AM
On servers.

Leave it to the Hivemind and the Sponsors to decide if there will be an official server. Wait at least a week, perhaps two, before taking action. If they decide not:

Do not rent a private one, it runs the risk of being empty all the time (c.f. RPS BF2) even if you use the standard RPS passwords.
Make sure people are willing to sit around on the server and wait for others to join, or it will be empty all the time anyway (c.f. RPS Brink, RO2, to a lesser extent TF2).
Rent from a good provider (like Killer Creation), especially if they'll let you upgrade the server at any time if demand increases. Start with 32 slots or less.
DICE require that you rent from a partner. This is not cheap, and precludes the Arma box from being used. Sorry, guys.
Have a dozen or so good admins who play every day.

On money matters:

Donations tend to be an unreliable business, and you need to keep them above board.
This means regularly posting the funding status. A self updating image can work well, but is contingent upon either careful book-keeping or the use of an independent paypal account.
Two servers (EU, US) will be beyond what you'll be able to afford until you've got a steady supply of dosh. BF3 is expensive. I'd probably recommend making them entirely separate entities to avoid any timezone issues.
Remember that you're riding on the coattails of the RPS community, so don't expect huge amounts of help from the hivemind. They might give you some front page posts to advertise the server if they don't have their own plans for one.
Play down the donations thing; the last thing anyone wants is for someone to drop 200 on the server and then never use it.

E: Don't spend extra on VOIP. Use the RPS Community Mumble Server (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?533-Unofficial-Community-Mumble-server). All users should be able to make temporary channels, and we already have a couple of permanent ones for BF.

Simian9
04-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Bit late, but have joined Platoon 2.

The JG Man
04-11-2011, 04:11 PM
If anyone from platoon 1 or 2 (or Flechette, although I can't imagine ping'll be great) wants to add me as a friend, my tag on Battlelog is The_JG_Man (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/The_JG_Man/). I want to play with people who know what they're doing, or, at the very least know what they should be doing, might suck, but have a good time while doing so. Don't have my headset set-up quite yet, but text chat should be fine regardless.

Aerothorn
04-11-2011, 04:36 PM
Great tips, Null. Thanks!

neema_t
06-11-2011, 01:06 PM
I've just applied to join Platoon 2. I'm seriously dying to get in a squad with people who know what they're doing so that we can actually use tactics. My ID is, weirdly, neema_t.

Warbond
06-11-2011, 05:25 PM
Long time reader here, and a dearth of my normal companions on the Third Field of Battle has led me to actually register. I'm already joined up on Rock, Paper, Flechette, now I'm looking to figure out when people are normally on. I've had good experiences on the Bad Company 2 and ArmA 2 servers, so I have high expectations. I'll see you guys in there.

Aerothorn
06-11-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm guessing peak times would be evenings/weekends GMT, but there are enough people that there should be at least a few folks on at all times. Though don't expect everyone to be tactical experts ;)

Make to friend or follow the people from all three platoons if you want to find people online at any given time.

sabrage
06-11-2011, 10:12 PM
Well, they don't call me "insomnialways" for nothing.... I play almost exclusively between the hours of 10pm and 6am.

Is there any way we can set up a Kickstarter-esque fund, where we can have a self-updating tally of how much money people have pledged, but not actually transfer any funds until our monthly quota is met? I feel like that would be the ideal way to go about this.

DWZippy
07-11-2011, 06:09 AM
I'd volunteer myself as an admin. I'm playing hours a day and that's likely to continue, I'm also too scared of Null eating my soul if I do anything wrong - to mess around..

As an aside- I'm looking to record a BF3 roundtable via mumble at some point in the next week, it'll probably be about 30-45 minutes long, and will cover a few aspects of the game, from Origin and the battlelog, to the unlock system, single player, and stand out multiplayer moments. If you're interested, please chuck me a PM. I'll chair it, so beyond questions won't talk a great deal, but I'm looking for 4 distinct viewpoints. If you think you can offer a solid viewpoint, be it as a battlefield 1942 veteran coming back for one more fight, or as an FPS junkie/Origin skeptic, let me know.

Vandelay
07-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Finally got round to actually sorting out Mumble (mostly) and added the RPS server. I have even added RPS clan tags to my BF3 profile, so we can terrify people when we join en-masse (before they notice we are actually a bit shit.)

Ready to play whenever anyone else is.

Chaz
08-11-2011, 10:13 AM
So urm, what platoon should I join if I'm a UK player?

Bodge
08-11-2011, 11:23 AM
This one - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241028883850/

Ayam
13-11-2011, 02:07 AM
Zerosquad from Rock Platoon Shotgun in action.

First half - semi-serious flying with Head the helivet and Washington and Sulphur colliding planes twice
Second half - wholly comedic flying for Sulphur's first helirun
Very ending - narrow parking spaces have always sucked
This is not a patch on Operation Asshat!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdynxKxJRwc

Joseph-Sulphur
13-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Godammit head.

Brnin8r
18-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Made a third platoon, since the first and second have reached the cap already.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241098685472/

Brnin8r
28-11-2011, 10:31 AM
Scheduled a steamgroup event this Friday for those who would like to steal my super cool dogtags or just want to play on the UK RPS server.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSBF3/events/1335545295713268210

Hensler
01-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Joined Platoon 3, but only have a handful of players so far. Is anybody in 1 or 2 done playing and want to donate their slot to me :) ?

Winstons
01-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Scheduled a steamgroup event this Friday for those who would like to steal my super cool dogtags or just want to play on the UK RPS server.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSBF3/events/1335545295713268210

Roll up roll up chaps, there is much shooting to be done, lets get the RPS server going. 7pm onwards from tomorrow for the fun-times.

harvb
01-12-2011, 11:01 PM
Haven't been able to play for over a week now, since that last damned patch :(

Winstons
02-12-2011, 12:46 PM
One final bump for the 7pm shoot-a-thon on the RPS server today, then I will shut up. And if no one shows, I will gorge my tears away on delicious profiteroles until I begin to cry whipped cream.

Vandelay
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I was just coming on to bump too! I think I'll go post it on the games for the weekend topic on the front page.

Bodge
02-12-2011, 06:05 PM
I regret to inform you of my inability to join you, but please kill many dudes in my absence

Winstons
02-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Need mans online to get the shooting going!

Winstons
02-12-2011, 07:28 PM
Need four more mans to get going!

Winstons
02-12-2011, 07:39 PM
2 more mans!

Winstons
02-12-2011, 07:40 PM
One more mans!

sabrage
02-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I'd just like to cross-post that the US Platoon is endeavoring to play together at roughly 8:00PM PST tonight. I'll be on with a few friends, and I know Aerothorn will be there, so come join us for explosions and frustration!

Edit: Apparently this will be a weekly meeting time, but as Fridays are generally when people go out and enjoy the company of real people I'll probably try to have another weekly time as well.

StormTec
03-12-2011, 02:52 PM
I applied to join the 3rd platoon under the name GTonkatsu =]

evilbobthebob
03-12-2011, 02:55 PM
I have applied to join platoon three under the name evilbobthebob. I hope to see the server flooding with men to shoot this evening!

Forceflow
03-12-2011, 03:18 PM
I applied to join Platoon #3 - see you on the battlefield!

StormTec
03-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I often find the server to be empty (according to battlelog). Are there set times that people gather, or is it just a case of we are all individually coming across the empty server?

evilbobthebob
03-12-2011, 03:58 PM
I haven't seen the UK server with anyone in it since I added it to my favourites list. I can only assume that we choose bad times to take a look? Server regulars, help us out here!

motherpuncher
03-12-2011, 05:15 PM
I just applied for the US based squad. Will we have fun?

Winstons
03-12-2011, 07:21 PM
I haven't seen the UK server with anyone in it since I added it to my favourites list. I can only assume that we choose bad times to take a look? Server regulars, help us out here!

In reply to this and StormTec - basically, no, the server is always empty. Yesterday I set up a 7pm gathering time to get a game rolling - we were short on people and it took about half an hour of ninjaing people from friends lists, but we did get a game going in the end - and as soon as we got 8 people on the server, it started filling up really quickly which was great, and then it kept going until about midnight I think.

So to get the server cooking you need to organise a set time on the forums really - but once it's up and running and it appears in the public battlelog listing, it keeps going for quite a while.

sabrage
03-12-2011, 07:50 PM
We tried to get the US server going last night, but we were one person short of the 8 person limit for a looong time before we just gave up. The server is always empty so nobody ever joins it so it's always empty, basically. It's a vicious cycle.

origin
04-12-2011, 03:50 AM
hey guys, just applied to the US squad, names glitchpanda, add me regardless of where you are, would love to have more people to play. I play at all times, with more on the evening/late night pacific.

Bodge
04-12-2011, 11:08 AM
As i posted in the platoon feed:

Go to the member page and see who is playing, then click their name to go to their profile and join them. Make sure you have RPS in your tag so that people know who you are. You can use just RPS or RPS3 if you want to be platoon specific.

Winstons
04-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Patch notes ahoy - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489494744784/

Some good news right at the bottom too :

"Min player requirements
Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan for the future is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts."

Will be much easier to get the RPS servers pootling along now.

McDigby
05-12-2011, 12:05 PM
Just applied to Platoon #3 - had the game since day 1 and struggled with playing with terrible randoms. Why oh why didn't I think about checking to see if RPS had a platoon sooner?!

FakeKisser
06-12-2011, 04:48 PM
Just applied to RPF - I'm in CT, USA.

I do have a couple questions for my fellow players regarding your BF3 and Mumble settings, if you don't mind...

I just recently set all my settings to Low based on recommendations from some competitive players, so that it's a little easier to see opponents.

Found a rather interesting discussion here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/m19tw/battlefield_3_best_configs/

There's a link there to this config utility (to allow you to change settings outside of the game):
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154145

Does anyone here play on high settings? What advantages (if any) do you see for low settings or any other settings in a competitive setting?

And...

How do you guys usually use mumble? For example, do you use the continuous, voice activated, or touch to talk setting? Do you play BF3 full-screen or window-mode in order to use Mumble at the same time?

I'm looking forward to finding at least a few people to play rather consistently with as that is my primary interest in BF3 (teamplay rather than just solo run-n-gun). I also prefer to be support (i.e. leveling up my medic right now).

Nullkigan
06-12-2011, 04:58 PM
The link (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?533-Unofficial-Community-Mumble-server) in my signature might be useful for figuring out Mumble.

FakeKisser
06-12-2011, 05:23 PM
The link (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?533-Unofficial-Community-Mumble-server) in my signature might be useful for figuring out Mumble.

Thanks! That is very helpful!

Vandelay
06-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I play on ultra because it looks gorgeous. Do you need another reason?

Then again, I've never understood the switching your game to wireframe mode, just to eek out an extra couple of frames. Always felt a bit like cheating, particular when you start disabling smoke and such.

The couple of times that I've played on the RPS server, I have wondered how many on there actually are from RPS. Considering that we have already filld up a couple of platoons, I would have thought it would be very easy for the server to only be RPS readers.

Anticitizen0ne
07-12-2011, 01:05 AM
Joined Platoon 3 today or rather yesterday, (note to self sleep soon) as Anticitizen0ne, what are the chances of getting the server going tomorrow evening for some team based shenanigans?

motherpuncher
07-12-2011, 05:29 AM
Does the UK server see more action than the US one?

ArtVandelay
07-12-2011, 09:23 PM
Part of yesterdays patch:

"Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode."

Any chance the RPS servers could get setup with this? Who are the admins?

One or two players to start would help a lot in getting the servers populated. Once they get some people in I think they would stay full. I know I would play on the US one anytime I wanted to play a non-hardcore round.

Winstons
07-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Part of yesterdays patch:

"Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode."

Any chance the RPS servers could get setup with this? Who are the admins?

One or two players to start would help a lot in getting the servers populated. Once they get some people in I think they would stay full. I know I would play on the US one anytime I wanted to play a non-hardcore round.

Yes this would be great. I keep an eye on the server regularly, and except when I arranged a match last friday, it's all been as deserted as a very deserted thing, in a desert.

Aerothorn
11-12-2011, 11:24 PM
I'm theoretically running the US BF3 outfit, though I've been doing a poor job due to work busyness. We've set up a time for a regular scrimmage starting at 5:00 PM PST (so 8:00 EST and midnight GMT) on Friday nights.

I've contacted Jim for the admin info, haven't heard back yet though.

Bodge
12-12-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think there are players with admin, we should definitely had a regular night when people know to turn up. Winston seems to have made a start on such things, do you want to take a lead on such matters?

EDIT: Winston i have made you a leader in RPS incase it makes things easier.

Winstons
12-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Bodge - thank you - yes, more than happy to help in rounding up others for mass shootings. It would be a terrible waste to let the RPS server remain empty.

If any admin is reading this, it would be of great great help to the life of servers if you can reduce the number of people needed to get a game going to 2 or so -once a game is up and running it is very easy to increase the number of people and keep it rolling - it is just getting to that point in the first place which requires the effort.

I propose this Friday at 7pm GMT to get the RPS server up and running - I will harass and poke and cajole however many people it takes to get it going.

CWalker
13-12-2011, 05:33 PM
Going to ask here since EAs support is still awful, does anyone know how to fix Battlelog insisting that there is an update available for BF3, yet Origin says otherwise? I've done the whole repair install/reinstall tango, but no such luck.

Cheers!

StormTec
13-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Friday at 7pm sounds good to me!

Persona Jet Rev
14-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I've applied for platoon #3, but I forgot to say 'Hi!' here first. So: 'Hi!'

My soldier's name is MegaKEK even though my skills are not that 'Mega', but they're certainly 'KEK'

Vandelay
14-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Friday sounds good, although I'll likely be on nearer 7.30 then 7.00.

Edit: or actually not. Probably not able to play until Sunday.

Only managed a brief play of Karkland last night. I liked what I saw a lot.

Winstons
15-12-2011, 09:41 PM
I might also ask that the server admin adds in the Karkand maps, or I feel we won't be able to get much of a turnout at this highly exciting time.

ArtVandelay
16-12-2011, 06:15 PM
I might also ask that the server admin adds in the Karkand maps, or I feel we won't be able to get much of a turnout at this highly exciting time.

This would be nice.

Played the new maps a couple times each now and have to say they are all pretty good. I didn't play the originals, so I can't compare them in that manner but they are far better suited for 64 battles than the normal BF3 maps.

Edit: I will get on the RPS US server tonight, hope enough people get on so that we can have game. If I feel like playing with a 100-120 ping maybe I'll check out the UK server.

Aerothorn
17-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Just in case I wasn't clear: while the 5:00 PM PST is for the US server (obviously, what with PST being GMT -7 right now) any late-night europeans are more than welcome to join in!

Bodge
17-12-2011, 12:10 PM
That was some good shooting gents.

Winstons
17-12-2011, 04:07 PM
Top stuff - got lured away to a Karkand map a bit later on, but some excellent games on the RPS server before that.

StormTec
18-12-2011, 01:24 AM
Yeah, I was regrettably rather late to the UK RPS server game (didn't join till, like 9pm), and by that time I think there was only one other identifiable RPS platoon member on the server. But still, it was a blast, and I played what were probably some of the closest games of BF3 I've EVER had. These games were ending in ticket scores where the victor was in the double digits. Normally, when I go pubbing, games tend to be a lot more one-sided...

President Weasel
18-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I just installed my preorder and, apart from feeling slightly dirty for having Origin on my PC and being appalled at the opacity of the user interface (you access the GAME through a BROWSER? I mean, people told me about this but I thought they were mad or drunk or both) I have run into problems actually running it - the occasional hitch in play and repeated sound effect, and then after a couple of minutes on a server I'll encounter a stuttering sound and then a lock up and game crash.

I suspect a sound issue since I am using the onboard sound from my EVGA nforce motherboard - can anyone recommend a decent, not too expensive, relatively easy to install because I am clumsy, sound card that might allow me to run the game?

ArtVandelay
18-12-2011, 04:27 PM
For a low cost quality sound card I recommend the Asus Xonar DG. Just pop it in an open PCI slot and install the drivers. I have one of these cards and it hasn't given me any problems in games but I don't play BF3 on that PC. Here is an Amazon link (http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-Channel-Sound-Card-XONAR_DG/dp/B0045JHJSS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324225436&sr=8-1).

StormTec
20-12-2011, 07:22 PM
That sounds more like an over-work issue than a sound issue. If a PC is struggling then hitches in visual/sound can occur. Might want to try running things at a lower graphics setting before paying for a new soundcard?

Lightbulb
28-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Have applied to join the UK Platoon as I just got this game for Christmas. :)

Is it worth getting the expansion? Didn't realise there was one. :/

Bodge
28-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah the new maps are great. Will be back on the battlefield myself in the new year \o/

ArtVandelay
29-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Is it worth getting the expansion? Didn't realise there was one. :/

I think the new maps are very good and that seems to be were the majority of the players are. There are still plenty of servers that run the original maps though.

postinternetsyndrome
08-06-2012, 11:26 PM
I'm waking this one from hibernation, sorry if that's not okay, but it has a great first post and stuff so why let it waste away.

There seems to be at least a couple of us still playing BF3 actively, so we should get some gaming going! We are all spread out across the numerous RPS platoons, and since you don't recieve notifications when someone writes on a platoon page on battlelog those are a lousy way to stay in touch anyway.

I'm not very good with time zones, but if someone else would like to arbitrarily set up a time on sunday or something we could try to get together and PTFO! I have never tried using the RPS mumble server but it is still in full operation as far as I know, correct?

neema_t
09-06-2012, 04:33 PM
Maybe we should just friend up and do it on an ad hoc basis, so far since posting my Battlelog page in the other thread only you and Aadvek have added me, the guy who was asking in the first place certainly hasn't! If we get one more we can work as a squad on a public server or something, but if I'm on my clan's server it's likely I'll be in a squad with them, though you are more than welcome to join in should you wish to play so much Kharg that both your eyes and soul start to bleed pixels.

Raaritsgozilla
11-06-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah my bad, been away for a bit. Will add now.

postinternetsyndrome
22-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Nothing much happens here and I figure I'll just idle in the mumble channel for bf3 whenever I'm available, so just jump in if you want to squad up.

Siddin
22-01-2013, 10:29 PM
Necro-ing this thread to let you all know that DW and I are now frequently playing BF3, usually Thursday and Saturday evenings. Add me on Origin and/or Steam (Capernatious) and ping me when I'm online!

Heliocentric
23-01-2013, 09:04 AM
If I was to try and get into bf3 I'd love to try to get into it with you fine folks. Is their any early game upgrades you'd strongly recommend?

postinternetsyndrome
23-01-2013, 04:43 PM
The most reasonable way to start is to pick a gun for your chosen class and stick to it, instead of trying everything right away. That way you can quite quickly unlock the sights and attachments for that gun, and you learn how to handle it. Also I'd really recommend running Assault to begin with, since it is just so much easier to kill and survive with that class, which allows you to level up faster.

All the starting weapons for all classes are excellent, so unlocking good sights is the main thing at the start.

Siddin
23-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I just started playing BF3 in November, and I found Support to be the class I liked most. I stuck with it, got some nice unlocks for the Pecheneng and others, but now Assault is something I play more, as the people I play with tend to take more risks than me and get shot more. PADDLE TO THE CHEST and up you go!

Choca
23-01-2013, 07:13 PM
If I was to try and get into bf3 I'd love to try to get into it with you fine folks. Is their any early game upgrades you'd strongly recommend?

I'd recommend starting as Assault for at least a few hours before trying anything else.

It's the Medic class so you can contribute early on (by rezzing your mates), survive quite a bit thanks to your medikit and still kill plenty of folks thanks to the outrageously powerful M-16 starting rifle.

Once you feel confortable with the game, you can start branching out as an Engineer or Support.

Recon is pretty much an entirely different game.

Raaritsgozilla
23-01-2013, 09:40 PM
I'm loving playing the support at the moment. Just got the Pencheng now and working my way through that.

Assault with the M16 is definitely the way to start

Siddin
24-01-2013, 11:45 AM
:frogsiren: Tonight, the 24th, around 7 pm GMT, DW and myself will be playing! Just hop on the Mumble server if you feel like joining.
Be aware, though: we only play on servers with the Hardcore difficulty level.

DWZippy
24-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I just started playing BF3 in November, and I found Support to be the class I liked most. I stuck with it, got some nice unlocks for the Pecheneng and others, but now Assault is something I play more, as the people I play with tend to BE SIGNIFICANTLY MORE AWESOME AT KILLING than me and get shot more BECAUSE THEY'RE WINNING THE GAME. PADDLE TO THE CHEST and up you go!

Fixed that quote for you.

Genuinely though, come and play - BF3 really shines with a full squad, and it gives us more firepower on voice chat to call down at any one time.

I'd agree that the M16 is stupidly powerful [it's my favourite assault gun every now and then. I change my mind a lot] and that recon IS an entirely different game. Although, I play recon differently to everyone else, with a 3.4x scope, silencer and making most of my shots within 200 metres [besides a 650 metre headshot and a 550 metre headshot on a little bird pilot who thought he was safe. mwahaha]

Recon soflam is a key part of any good rush defence strategy however, so it's worth learning to use the spotting and flam to your teams advantage.

Siddin
24-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Recon soflam is a key part of any good rush defence strategy however, so it's worth learning to use the spotting and flam to your teams advantage.

*beep beep beep beeeeeeeeep* LOCK! *fwoosh* *boom* Man, that's a good feeling.

Bodge
25-01-2013, 10:44 AM
C4!

Also I am playing with those two up there, I believe we may be doing it all over again tonight UK time.

Grizzly
25-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Fixed that quote for you.

Genuinely though, come and play - BF3 really shines with a full squad, and it gives us more firepower on voice chat to call down at any one time.

I'd agree that the M16 is stupidly powerful [it's my favourite assault gun every now and then. I change my mind a lot] and that recon IS an entirely different game. Although, I play recon differently to everyone else, with a 3.4x scope, silencer and making most of my shots within 200 metres [besides a 650 metre headshot and a 550 metre headshot on a little bird pilot who thought he was safe. mwahaha]

Yeah, whenever I play recon, I tend to go with the Semi autos or the PDWs and put down the T-UGS anytime I cap a strongpoint. That thing is a lifesaver. Recon is not all that differnetn when you go the "DMR" route instead of the "Dedicated Sniper" route.
On rush it is completely awesome to use the TUGS or the MAV.

kataras
27-02-2013, 10:18 AM
A bit late to the party, is anyone still playing? Is there any organized nights going on?

Athemic
28-02-2013, 08:00 AM
A bit late to the party, is anyone still playing? Is there any organized nights going on?

I'm kind of wondering the same thing.
Really want to jump back into BF3 but only if I can play in an acceptable organised manner. :)

LordoftheHills
28-02-2013, 05:58 PM
I'd love to.

Dave L.
03-03-2013, 09:41 AM
I would also be down for playing with RPS folk, I only just got it in November when it went on sale that one time. I'm Fafhrd42 on Origin and just applied to Rock, Paper, Flechette. I'm a not entirely terrible sniper.

[edit]it looks like the RPF server is no more, though

kataras
04-03-2013, 09:10 AM
So we have a full squad... That's a start I guess. How about deciding on a day/time, hopping on a server and trying to get a game going? I m not here the weekend but I can play most weeknights this week. My nick is Kata2390 (don't ask) on Origin.

Siddin
04-03-2013, 07:21 PM
DW and myself are regularly playing with a clan called Destruction Jockeys. If you add me (Capernatious) on BattleLog, you can hop right in when we're online! That's most week nights and during the weekend. If someone wants to set up a place and time to get together and shoot shit, post it here.
EDIT: Forgot to post a link to their website. (http://www.clan-dj.com/servers)

Grizzly
04-03-2013, 07:29 PM
I personally play with a clan called Team Europe - who have a few servers here and there. Really nice blokes, try and find their servers one day.

Krathor
21-05-2013, 10:11 PM
Evening folks.

A friend and I have picked up Premium from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-Premium-Service-Online-Game/dp/B0087STJLS/ref=pd_sim_vg_3) for just under a tenner - just use a billing address in the USA (I changed my region to 'California' and just entered '90210' as the ZIP, heh). As a result, we were wondering if anyone would fancy playing a few games across the expansions at the weekend? I was thinking Sunday evening, as I have a GW2 event on the Saturday and it is a bank holiday after all.

Are people still playing and is anyone up for Sunday night?

Heliocentric
21-05-2013, 11:50 PM
Premium from Amazon.com
I'm conflicted about this, i do want to try all the gubbins but they ruined so much in bf3 (no servers ran by players directly, unlock level equipment dlc, grinding focus, auto swearing troops)
so I don't know I can upgrade with an easy mind.

Krathor
22-05-2013, 12:06 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, especially with BF4 on the horizon too. To be honest though, I didn't really have an excuse not to buy it at that price - especially when I potentially have a few people to play with.

Cooper
16-08-2013, 12:20 AM
I imagine there'll be an influx of people who (like me) picked this up for a handful of pennies.

What's the state with the platoons; are they still active?

Also, do we still have community servers, or did they die?

GinBroguesHats
16-08-2013, 10:30 AM
I imagine there'll be an influx of people who (like me) picked this up for a handful of pennies.

What's the state with the platoons; are they still active?

Also, do we still have community servers, or did they die?
I'm game, I'm sure there will be a huge influx of Humble Bundle people like me.

RapBert
16-08-2013, 04:02 PM
It's good to see new people here, I was just about to ask if anyone was still playing. I was trying to get into the game again, but since everyone I know quit BF3 and playing with randoms is not much fun, I thought I might come here.

fish food carl
16-08-2013, 10:21 PM
I'd definitely be up for an evening's BF3 with RPS (obligatory OMGWTFBBQ etc).

Raaritsgozilla
21-08-2013, 11:46 PM
But arent both platoons full? :(

neema_t
22-08-2013, 06:09 PM
I've recently started 'hanging out' in the RPS Steam group chat, and I've also recently had pangs of nostalgia which are drawing me back to BF3. If anyone wants to play tonight and I'm not already playing, come give me a prod or something. I can't remember the details for the TS3 nor Mumble server though but they're around somewhere.

Edit: 4.5GB update. Never mind, I might be around on Tuesday though.

b3ll3nd
22-08-2013, 06:17 PM
Well up for. Used to play it on the PS3.

There is a Battlefield channel on the Mumble server we use for Planetside - is this the one people use?

server.herosquad.org
port 64738

Post a time here or find me on Mumble. Tonight I'll probably be playing Planetside though.

neema_t
23-08-2013, 09:09 AM
Well up for. Used to play it on the PS3.

There is a Battlefield channel on the Mumble server we use for Planetside - is this the one people use?

server.herosquad.org
port 64738

Post a time here or find me on Mumble. Tonight I'll probably be playing Planetside though.

Well I don't think anyone is using it to play BF3 at the moment but yes, that would be the one. We have three RPS platoons, two full and one half full, and when I was online last night (managed to convince Origin to download the update) I was the only person online. Same goes for other platoons I'm a member of, such as the GT Planet and Pistonheads platoons. It's pretty dead, but I guess most people who got it in the Humble Bundle won't be a member of a platoon yet or whatever.

b3ll3nd
24-08-2013, 06:34 PM
Couldn't download the last gig or so till I updated Origin to the beta. Others might find the same.

What is the name of the RPS platoon?

QuantaCat
25-08-2013, 08:36 AM
in the title of this thread, and the tag is RPS3 I think.

TheRed
26-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Wassup with this? I also recently joined the BF3 ranks.. and rather like the Planetside social gig, so.. yuh.

QuantaCat
26-08-2013, 01:47 PM
no clue really. its a bunch of players loosely playing together.

EsotericReverie
30-08-2013, 08:25 AM
I got the game downloaded and installed again no, so I'd also be up for some Battlefielding in the near future, if people are playing.

postinternetsyndrome
31-08-2013, 06:31 PM
Uninstalled bf3 today. After 500+ hours and everything long since unlocked I think I need a bit of a break before bf4.