PDA

View Full Version : Trading Card Games?

clownst0pper
27-10-2011, 01:08 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows of any good free to play trading card games where you can create and play your deck against someone else?

I know of Scrolls and Magic The Gathering but one isn't out yet and the other didn't receive very good reviews whilst I'm not quite willing to pay 25 up front when me and friends want to try the genre out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?:)

Cheers :)

apricotsoup
27-10-2011, 05:00 PM
There's a number of online ones of very varying quality.

I recommend urban rivals but with only 8 cards in a deck it may seem a little light to some people.
Warstorm I find too random to be great, you have no input on actual games which can lead to some annoyance as all of your stun cards hit the same enemy, etc.
Beyond that I start forgetting things :E

Jajusha
27-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Poxnora

Free starter decks
You earn "gold" in both the single player campaigns and the multiplayer part of the game
You can then spend "gold" to purchase a wide selection of runes(cards) or new campaigns
Champion cards earn experience, and can unlock 2 addicional abilities as they level up

8 diferent factions:
-K'thir forest (elfs)
-Savage Tundra (snow elfs and mountain dwellers)
-Ironfirst Stronghold (dwarfs and barbarians)
-Forglar swamp(frogmen and swamp dwelers)
-Forsaken Wastes (undead)
-Sundered Lands (Dragonkin)
-Shattered peaks (Cyclops and other beasts)
-Underdepths (demons and drow elf)

With subthemes inside factions (Per examples, Forsaken Wastes has a zombie subtheme, where if you have more then 5 zombies in play, they get the ability to rise new zombies everytime they will an opponent).

30 card "decks", where you combine creatures, spells, equipments and relics, possibility to create "decks" with 2 different factions, and 100s of cards per each faction, the possibilities are endless.

Also, a solid online community, very active forums.

ZIGS
27-10-2011, 07:20 PM
What about the new Hearts of Iron card game?

imirk
27-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Poxnora

Also, a solid online community, very active forums.

I had no idea this was still going... thought it died more or less with the SOE aquisition.

clownst0pper
28-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Jaj that sounds great! I've just looked on the website- looks really good :)

I'm going to give it a try this evening :-)

pakoito
28-10-2011, 03:20 PM
Urban Rivals is a lot of fun too, but is not exactly a cardgame. Anyway all of them but HoI are pay2win.

Jajusha
29-10-2011, 10:58 AM
I had no idea this was still going... thought it died more or less with the SOE aquisition.

Yeah, we thought SOE would ruin it too, but fact is, it kept getting stronger and better.
Right now we peak at 400-500 players online at a time

We have an expansion coming this Wednesday too.

Edit: And a double station cash event today the 29th.

Pakoito: That's a myth in Poxnora atleast. A Forsaken Wastes top 100 deck has 3 easy to get exotics and the rest is full of common/uncommon runes. And Pox has both a chat bazaar and a rune trader in the site where player can exchange their runes for others they want.