PDA

View Full Version : Fifa Manager 12 or Football Manager 12?

McChubs
27-10-2011, 09:18 PM
I was just wondering about people's opinions on the two new foot-to-ball managers. The way I perceived it was, Fifa is more of an arcade/'casual' game compared to Football Manager's extreme levels of nerdiness. Is that about right? Which one would you recommend?

baboonanza
27-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Football Manager, but then I'm a bit biased.

laneford
27-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Always Football Manager.

McChubs
27-10-2011, 10:13 PM
I've never actually played either, I thought I'd give it a go and create a team of pensioners...why is Football Manager better?

c-Row
28-10-2011, 07:31 AM
Why do both of them have to look like glorified Powerpoint presentations, anyway? I miss the good old times I spent with "On The Ball" (Anstoss)...

Ian
28-10-2011, 09:40 AM
How else would they and all their information be presented?

Jockie
28-10-2011, 09:46 AM
It's like the Matrix, once you learn to read the information, it doesn't really process as looking at a spreadsheet.

baboonanza
28-10-2011, 09:52 AM
Yeah, it's an inherent problem with presenting large amounts of information. At some point more 'flavour' presentation just gets in the way. We're working on snazzing it up a bit but there are legacy and inertia issue due to the size of the UI.

c-Row
28-10-2011, 10:06 AM
How else would they and all their information be presented?

Well, football managers used to look more like games than work and therefore more fun.

Yeah, it's an inherent problem with presenting large amounts of information. At some point more 'flavour' presentation just gets in the way. We're working on snazzing it up a bit but there are legacy and inertia issue due to the size of the UI.

Oh yes please. :)

Ian
28-10-2011, 10:46 AM
Well, football managers used to look more like games than work and therefore more fun.

I can't say more than Jockie did, really. Aside from seeing differences from how a screen or screens are changed in a new version.

But if you've got a lot of information you can either put more info on the screen or have more screens and I know what I'd prefer. Getting the balance between not making a screen just a wall of stuff and not having to click all over the place to find stuff out is the key. I'm not sure what the remedy for this would be without losing stuff from the game.