PDA

View Full Version : I prefer BFBC2 to BF3...

TixyLixx
28-10-2011, 11:02 PM
The menus were nicer and a lot simpler too, I could start the game, change the options and use a functional server browser. With BF3 I need to launch Origin to be brought to a browser to install a couple plugins and the menus just seem really poorly designed. I don't understand how after all the games DICE has made how they still cannot launch a game with a server queue feature. It always eventually gets added in, only this time being Battlelog I'm not sure if it will.

I don't understand why we have to wait a min to get the next game started like we're in a console lobby? Frigging just load up the game straight away like every other PC game. The load out menus in game just feel like they were made for consoles, the art and animations seems to have taken priority over function. Why do we have Battlelog when we have to do all this crap and changing the graphical options in game? Just build it all in the game ffs....

I'm not a fan of Prone, never have been and I think it just allows for people to stay in one spot and snipe. BFBC2 just had crouching and it proved to me that it works, there is no need for prone and it increases the pace of the game. When you're crouching you want to keep moving, where as prone is too slow to really want to move, so you get even more campers.

Where has the recoil gone over BFBC2? All the guns feel much more like COD to me now, do bullets still dip? I dunno this point maybe just in my head but the guns feel far too stable now and it just takes the feel of the power out, they don't feel weighty and feel more like pea shooters.

Where has the destruction gone? DICE kept saying this is going to be much better and yet I haven't seen much at all. In BFBC2 even though it was the same bits breaking off, at least the whole buildings could get destroyed and the map could be flattened. In BF3 I haven't seen any evidence of destruction being half as good... it just looks like they've added lots of destruction effects but without the destruction.

My last point is about the Single Player, they were hyping it up so much and yet it just plain sucks. You're given so little freedom and all the quick time events just get so tedious, who thinks they're a good idea? No one likes them. Frigging they have Jets in the multi player and yet you cannot pilot them in the Single Player....

After Rage this is the most disappointing game of the year for me and I'll be going back to BFBC2.

LaunchJC
28-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Idk Brink was pretty disappointing, think that'll take DGOTY prize. :P

TixyLixx
28-10-2011, 11:40 PM
My GOTY so far is Portal 2 and that's very surprising as when it came out all these games were so hyped and none of them have been any good. Everything has been such a disappointment this year, I just hope Batman and Skyrim save it for me. Dead Island, Rage, Crysis 2, Battlefield 3 and Red Orchestra 2 to name a handful of titles of the top of my head that have been such let downs.