PDA

View Full Version : Best RPS advert ever :)

DigitalSignalX
31-10-2011, 09:03 PM
Really tickled my funny bone to see this on the site, GG!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/575/sanctumh.th.jpg (http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/575/sanctumh.jpg)

Heliocentric
31-10-2011, 09:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with clitorus's (clitori?).

thegooseking
31-10-2011, 11:06 PM
"RPS advert" is surely a redundant phrase.

/redox

But seriously, having the, ahem, "balls" to use that quote in their promotion is really awesome.

Althea
31-10-2011, 11:07 PM
That's awesomes.

Never worked out her figure, though. It's like the artist(s) haven't got a clue what a human being looks like.

westyfield
31-10-2011, 11:14 PM
"RPS advert" is surely a redundant phrase.

/redox

I read the title first, sighed quietly and prepared for more stupidity, then saw that it wasn't redox who posted the thread.

Never worked out her figure, though. It's like the artist(s) haven't got a clue what a human being looks like.

I think she's meant to be wearing curved pouches on her hips. They make it look like she has incredibly wide hips though.

pakoito
31-10-2011, 11:55 PM
RPS has adverts? people browse without adblock?

Ahhh the humanity.

zookeeper
01-11-2011, 12:20 AM
Tee hee!

They've certainly got balls (as it were).

Nalano
01-11-2011, 01:25 AM
That's awesomes.

Try to think of it less as a human being and more as a collection of memes that have unfortunately taken the place of artistic merit in anime.

DigitalSignalX
01-11-2011, 01:51 AM
That's awesomes.

Someone once posted a link to a picture blog about this topic, but damned if I can find it now. It specifically was relating to how grossly misproportioned the female form gets twisted in fantasy art, to the point that any actual person with those dimensions and "configurations" would be essentially crippled or suffer severe coordination problems in the least, and at the max have literal anatomical implausibilities. Was quite enlightening.

Ahhh the humanity.

If you see the status bar on the bottom of the screen, I do run adblock - just disabled on RPS domain - running the ads helps their site.

Anthile
01-11-2011, 02:15 AM
That's awesomes.

Noodle People (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/NoodlePeople).

Althea
01-11-2011, 08:50 AM
I think she's meant to be wearing curved pouches on her hips. They make it look like she has incredibly wide hips though.
It looks like she has incredibly wide hips without the pouches, too.

It's like this piece of artwork (http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110513120551/sanctum/images/9/92/SkyeWallPaper.1.jpg). Her boobs look half a million miles apart, and... Yeah, she looks really odd. Girl's got one hell of a fat arse.

Vexing Vision
01-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Ahhh the humanity.

Since RPS is paying their writers, there are three choices for you:

a) Subscribe and pay a regular contribution
b) Occasionally click on an ad that looks interesting, but at least making sure you see them all
c) Be a leach and ad-block everything without doing a)

They're all valid approaches, but I know which ones I pick above the others.

Joseph
01-11-2011, 09:12 AM

Ahhh the humanity.

Erm... I think some of the ads that RPS gets look pretty good on the front page to be honest. It's just an automatically changing wallpaper :)

Nalano
01-11-2011, 09:23 AM
Since RPS is paying their writers, there are three choices for you:

a) Subscribe and pay a regular contribution
b) Occasionally click on an ad that looks interesting, but at least making sure you see them all
c) Be a leach and ad-block everything

They're all valid approaches, but I know which ones I pick above the others.

I've adblocked everything (and things load a hell of a lot quicker for this and many other sites thanks to that), but I've put my money with my mouth is and subscribed.

Vexing Vision
01-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Sorry Nalano, I adjusted c) to include a reference to a). ;)

Personally, I've grown fond of non-noisy, non-flash ads. Sites like Gamesradar though make me genuinely consider ad-blocking...

Xercies
01-11-2011, 11:36 AM
I was very close to ad blocking RPS when they got all those flash ads that made the site take 10 years to load a page. Thankfully they fixed that.

Colonel J
01-11-2011, 06:21 PM
My mother always told me that playing games for too long would make me go blind.

Also (hello admin) that whole Sanctum ad link from the front page is a broken 'not found', did no-one try clicking on it?

westyfield
01-11-2011, 08:06 PM
My mother always told me that playing games for too long would make me go blind.

Also (hello admin) that whole Sanctum ad link from the front page is a broken 'not found', did no-one try clicking on it?

I tried it earlier as well, error 404.

imirk
01-11-2011, 08:23 PM
It worked for me yesterday, took me to the steam store page.

Oak
01-11-2011, 10:14 PM
I miss Quinns.