PDA

View Full Version : L. A. Noire Is Arriving PC Next Week

squirrel
01-11-2011, 12:19 PM
I am proud of Rockstar. He is so cool, YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO~

I am too tempted to preorder this game but the store I buy most of my games from ensured me that they will stock enough. Yes, they do business honestly and never encourage preordering on games which will not be in short supplies.

Anyway, let's get to my point. The storekeepers informed me that the PC version will include all the DLCs released so far. I didnt even keep myself updated to realize there have been some DLCs for this great game already. Yeah, last time for GTA4 they missed out the DLCs and charge you separately. But this time no, they bundle everything at the price of... USD35 (East Asian version, of course)!!

Drake Sigar
01-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Are they going to force us to register this time?

Althea
01-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Are they going to force us to register this time?
It does have Rockstar Social Club integration, if that's what you mean.

Anyway, let's get to my point. The storekeepers informed me that the PC version will include all the DLCs released so far. I didnt even keep myself updated to realize there have been some DLCs for this great game already. Yeah, last time for GTA4 they missed out the DLCs and charge you separately. But this time no, they bundle everything at the price of... USD35 (East Asian version, of course)!!
Missed out the DLCs? The Lost and Damned release on 360 a month before the PC version of IV, PS3 a month after. Gay Tony was half a year later for 360, about a year later for PC.

Can't say I'm particularly excited about L.A. Noire, though.

Kadayi
01-11-2011, 01:57 PM
I pre-ordered it on Steam when it went up. I'm not expecting it to be fantastic, but I'm interested enough in the technology to give it a spin (though I'll need to break my crippling BF3 addiction beforehand).

deano2099
01-11-2011, 02:25 PM
It's good.

I think most people that try it on PC will be pleasantly surprised. It was an unpleasant surprise on console because of the all the hype for what turned out to be a decent game with some annoying flaws. I think post-backlash PC players should be able to more enjoy it for what it is, rather than what it could have been.

Phinor
01-11-2011, 04:06 PM
In my case they (Rockstar) kind of won but in the end lost with the way they released L.A. Noire. I'm PC all the way but decided to go for the X360 version of L.A. Noire when it was released just because I didn't want to miss another Rockstar game due to their stupid release policy. So I bought it, played through, and sold it for exactly the same amount of money I originally bought it for. So they managed to sell a PC gamer a console copy but ultimately made no extra money out of it as I sold it onwards to another potential buyer. Meanwhile I got to play the game for free and I can now wait for the 5 bargain bin for the PC version. Win-win for me and umm, I guess Rockstar makes their 5 at some point from me but I probably would have bought it day 1 if it wasn't for the late PC release date.

It was a pretty good game too. Not GOTY material but easily worth playing.

DigitalSignalX
02-11-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm looking forward to it once it goes cheap. Obligatory gripe about RDR not coming to PC.

Giaddon
02-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I love adventure games, so I'll be checking this out for sure, just... not now. It is crazy INSANE how many interesting games are coming out at the same time. Maybe the most dense few months of high-profile releases... ever? There are around a dozen games I want and only a few I can afford. So basically I'm getting Skyrim and seeing how the rest shake out.

metalangel
02-11-2011, 04:58 PM
A friend of mine describes as some amazing facial capture tech stuffed into a bad guessing game.

It really is just following a preset trail through each case. This is what the old Police Quest games did (right down to scoring you for the amount of evidence you collected) but unfortunately the pay-off has to be the storyline, and LA Noire doesn't have a good story, either in terms of plot or dialogue. Once I finished the game I was staggered at just how crap the whole story actually was... "was that it??"