PDA

View Full Version : Do Russian paratroopers really suck in BF3 ?

CrazyEthan
02-11-2011, 08:16 AM
I am curious that if guys from DICE hate everything about Russian. I remembered that only several American soldiers just smacked a whole camp of Russian paratroopers. This just reminds me Call of Duty 6, same troops, just from different games, in COD6, Russian paratroopers are freaking powerful, they just can destroy the White House! I got a conclusion: Russians are weak in BF3, powerful in COD, I just want to know the feelings of Russian game players!
335 336

Nalano
02-11-2011, 09:07 AM
Uh. It's an American game.

All American games have only three enemies.

Nazis, Soviets and Terrorists.

Since this is a game set in modern times, Nazis are right out, Terrorists don't have access to major hardware, and the Chinese will not buy a game where China's the enemy. So, we pull strings and bring back the Cold War with some Tom Clancy "misunderstandings" so we have a somewhat equal fight.

Doesn'tmeananything
02-11-2011, 09:16 AM
I see no reason for us, 'Russian game players', to care.

Wolfenswan
02-11-2011, 09:45 AM
They truly could have done better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxMbt3qYRSk

coldvvvave
02-11-2011, 09:48 AM
I just want to know the feelings of Russian game players!

Plot makes no sense and thanks to terrible voice acting in both Russian and American version( they hired some homeless people again) I don't ecen understand who is Russian and who isn't. Also, "Russian paratroopers" in this game are ridiculous, on par with airborn bears from Red Alert 3. All random tacticool gear, no uniform at all( they wear civilian gorka?) and some bizzare stuff like "we carry our bayonets on our shoulders because we saw that in Delta Force movie". It's all completely stupid and random so I don't even feel bad for playing as American in multiplayer. It's like playing football when both teams are patients of a mental hospital who chant random gibberish and wear airsoft gear.

Heliocentric
02-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Nazis, Soviets and Terrorists.

And zombies, sentient AIs and Aliens

Vexing Vision
02-11-2011, 09:54 AM
As a German, I am thoroughly disappointed by the lack of Nazis to shoot in recent games. German accents in games are the most hilarious thing ever.

metalangel
02-11-2011, 10:04 AM
Can anyone identify the Russian accent in BF3? It sounds more like he's from the Italian part of Sweden.

CrazyEthan
02-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Actually, the accent is strange...

gundrea
02-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Frankly I feel disconnected from most modern shooters for these reasons of nationality. I don't want to shoot Russians, they like alcohol just like I do. I don't want to shoot Americans, they visit my country and ask me why we elected a leprechaun. I don't even want to shoot English because they'd just make masterful understatements like "Jolly good shot old boy, I damn near think you clipped a wing,"

No. I want to shoot Irish. Dear AAA makers, please ensure your next villains are Irish terrorists with exploding sheep guns.

squirrel
02-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Do any one of you want a game with civil war as story background?

China and Japan have tons of them.

gundrea
02-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Tons of Civil Wars or tons of games with civil wars in the background?

And how do you have a civil war in the background anyway? Are you just there slotting tetris blocks together while just behind it a father executes his rebel son?

coldvvvave
02-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Do any one of you want a game with civil war as story background?

There is a great Russian Civil War mod for Mount and Blade.

ntw
02-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Can't we just shoot the French?

:D

westyfield
02-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Can anyone identify the Russian accent in BF3? It sounds more like he's from the Italian part of Sweden.

There's an Italian part of Sweden?

Berzee
02-11-2011, 01:19 PM
No. I want to shoot Irish.

"If I had to sum up in a sentence the one fault really to be found
with the Irish, I could do it simply enough. I should say it saddened
me that I liked them all so much better than they liked each other."
-- G.K. Chesterton, Irish Impressions, 1919.

CrazyEthan
02-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Never try to be a country discriminating person! THAT's dangerous!

Rii
02-11-2011, 02:23 PM
I don't know about BF3, but I do give DICE props for including China in general and the J-10 in particular in BF2. It's a pity they missed out this time around.

Personally I'd love to see a game depicting a circa-2025 brawl between China and India, with Russia as a third player. Needless to say there would have be a scene, no matter how contrived, where Chinese, Indian and Russian Flankers all face off against each other.

Shark
02-11-2011, 04:21 PM
There's an Italian part of Sweden?
I'm pretty sure he meant Switzerland.

Smashbox
02-11-2011, 05:59 PM
They sound like they're from the Brazilian part of Australia.

Nalano
02-11-2011, 06:07 PM
I don't want to shoot Russians, they like alcohol just like I do.

I always thought the main difference between Russians and Irish was that Russians got drunk and wrote depressing prose, and the Irish got drunk and wrote depressing poetry.

Yes.

westyfield
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM

Yes.

Counterpoint: no.

Smashbox
02-11-2011, 06:11 PM
I always thought the main difference between Russians and Irish was that Russians got drunk and wrote depressing prose, and the Irish got drunk and wrote depressing poetry.

In Soviet Russia depressing prose writes you!

Nalano
02-11-2011, 07:32 PM
In Soviet Russia depressing prose writes you!

I'm honestly surprised somebody hasn't yet shot Yakov Smirnoff. Not for any post-Soviet conspiratorial reasons. Just because.

Counterpoint: no.

Wanna fight about it? You get two or three million of your best friends, and I'll get mine, and we'll have a rumble out in the parking lot.

Radiant
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
The sections where you play as Russian special forces are the best parts of the whole game.

The villa section where you start by JUMPING OUT OF AN AIRPLANE and then butcher your way to hell is how I want all my gallery shooting games to be like.
I felt like an immense russian super-dude.

The parts where you play the marines make you feel like a complete moron as essentially you just go from one idiotic situation into another. All caused by your own teams stupidity.
Also your commanding officer sounds like the mayor of Springfield.

But the three Russians? Motherfuckers.

Smashbox
02-11-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm honestly surprised somebody hasn't yet shot Yakov Smirnoff. Not for any post-Soviet conspiratorial reasons. Just because.

I like to imagine his face as the news of the collapse of the Soviet Union reached him.

"My... joke. My... career."

westyfield
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
The sections where you play as Russian special forces are the best parts of the whole game.

The villa section where you start by JUMPING OUT OF AN AIRPLANE and then butcher your way to hell is how I want all my gallery shooting games to be like.
I felt like an immense russian super-dude.

The parts where you play the marines make you feel like a complete moron as essentially you just go from one idiotic situation into another. All caused by your own teams stupidity.
Also your commanding officer sounds like the mayor of Springfield.

But the three Russians? Motherfuckers.

This, essentially. The Paris mission and the villa mission were my two favourites. The parachute scene, when the theme music kicks in as you jump from the aeroplane, was a true fist-pump moment.

Wanna fight about it? You get two or three million of your best friends, and I'll get mine, and we'll have a rumble out in the parking lot.

Very well. Tyrannosaur v. triceratops, or Regency dandies? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McfhxFxLD7s&t=06m11s)

CrazyEthan
03-11-2011, 02:04 AM
MW3 will come out in less than a week, I am thrilled, just want to see how MW3 will beat BF3, the single-play mode of BF3 just made me think it's far away to exceed COD!

squirrel
03-11-2011, 02:06 PM

And how do you have a civil war in the background anyway? Are you just there slotting tetris blocks together while just behind it a father executes his rebel son?

What the hell are you talking about?