PDA

View Full Version : Anno 2070 Demo - Thoughts

Althea
04-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Anyone else play it?

All I can say is WOW! The quality is absolutely insane. The sound is beautiful, the visuals are great, it performs really well, and it's... amazing! Even most of the voice acting is on par with - or above - that of 1404.

Only problems I have is the text doesn't quite fit most of the boxes. Oh, and E.V.E. is a little bit annoying.

Giaddon
04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Gonna grab this first thing when I get home from work!

How different is the gameplay from 1404?

Althea
04-11-2011, 02:40 PM
How different is the gameplay from 1404?
Hmm... It's hard to say from the demo, as we were only given two missions, but a lot of the changes are around the UI. If you want to build tools, it comes up with the buildings you need for tools and the production order, unlike 1404 which just had them all in a sort of list. The environment also plays a part in the game, so as your settlements become more polluted, your eco productions start to lose efficiency. You also have an energy stat which is necessary for some buildings to function.

It's really quite hard to say how it differs, because you aren't given a lot of opportunities to really explore or see how things truly are.

The rest of the UI is mostly the same as the 1404 one, except for it's stylistically very different.

db1331
04-11-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm scared to play the demo, because the last thing I need is another game I want this year. I'm still playing Dark Souls and Uncharted 3 on PS3. On PC I have BF3 eating most of my time, Amnesia, which I am almost too scared to go back to, Skyrim in 7 days, Arkham City 4 days later, and then Zelda on the Wii 5 days after that.

I've only played one of the Annos, I think the 17-something one, and it had me hooked for a while. The whole underwater aspect of this one looks amazing.

Smashbox
04-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Can't wait to give this a go tonight. I love city builders!

But, yeah, I'm with db, when will I have the time to play it?

BenWah
04-11-2011, 02:51 PM
is the full game out?

Althea
04-11-2011, 03:02 PM
is the full game out?
No, there's still another two weeks until release.

QuantaCat
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Love it, and it sounds like the soundtrack of Anno 2070 is a bastard child of Anno 1404 and Brink.

Althea
04-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Love it, and it sounds like the soundtrack of Anno 2070 is a bastard child of Anno 1404 and Brink.
It's done by the same team as 1404, Dynamedion, and I could tell it a mile off. Plus I knew from ages ago when Dynamedion announced it...

But yeah, Dynamedion <3 I'm getting the Collector's Edition just for the 2-Disc soundtrack.

QuantaCat
04-11-2011, 05:26 PM
It's done by the same team as 1404, Dynamedion, and I could tell it a mile off. Plus I knew from ages ago when Dynamedion announced it...

But yeah, Dynamedion <3 I'm getting the Collector's Edition just for the 2-Disc soundtrack.

Yes. The soundtrack is lovely, and I loved brinks soundtrack as well.

But by the way, it sort of seems like someone took Brinks detailed world and ran with it, even though I know they didnt :D

squareking
04-11-2011, 05:28 PM
And the demo is available to us filthy Yanks, right?

Althea
04-11-2011, 05:47 PM
And the demo is available to us filthy Yanks, right?
Yes. You can either use the link on the Ubi forums (http://forums-de.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3231027629/m/8811029859), or from GamersHell (http://www.gamershell.com/news_128212.html).

I got the fastest speed from the Ubi site, personally.

vinraith
04-11-2011, 05:55 PM
This looks amazing, but I'm steadfastly avoiding getting excited about it until it's crystal clear what the DRM is, how it works, and what features they've hobbled in offline mode.

Alez
04-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I played both demo missions, which is mostly just one mission split in 2, and i think it was crap.

Don't get me wrong, i'm sure the original game will be awesome but as a demo, i thought it was terrible.

Entering the game, i was really confused by the menus, plus most of buttons said they didn't work in offline mode(at the time my net was down so i wasn't sure if it's a demo or net thing).
Starting the mission bombards me with way too many texts pop ups and audio dialogue. I just wanna see the game, not the cliche story of a an evil corporate guy being evil.

My biggest problem though, was that the cities looked like the industrial zones in Sim City 4. Everything is polluted and dirty. I read there are more city types but i just thought it was a weird choice to show this ugly side of the game in the demo. It feels too much like an environmental propaganda game. It had none of the previous games' charm and beauty. Hope this isn't the "main" city while the cool ones like the underwater one are like the oriental buildings in Anno 4.

But again, i trust it's gonna be a good game, just caca demo.

And on a side note, the Anno 4 demo was lovely.

Althea
04-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Entering the game, i was really confused by the menus, plus most of buttons said they didn't work in offline mode(at the time my net was down so i wasn't sure if it's a demo or net thing).
You don't want to see The Settlers 7's main menu, then. That's got more buttons than a shop full of coats. It was also a demo thing, as I believe there's currently no online features for Anno 2070 up. The game is still two weeks from release, and I doubt they'll work even then. I agree it was a little confusing, though.

Starting the mission bombards me with way too many texts pop ups and audio dialogue. I just wanna see the game, not the cliche story of a an evil corporate guy being evil.
You don't want the story? It's the campaign mode, and the pop-ups/dialogue are no different to how it was in 1404. They set the tone of the game, they explain what you've got to do - I don't see the problem.

It had none of the previous games' charm and beauty. Hope this isn't the "main" city while the cool ones like the underwater one are like the oriental buildings in Anno 4.
The underwater stuff will likely only come with improved citizens. I'm not sure how it'd work, but the chances are that you'd have to build or find something to enable them.

To me, it sounds like you're more interested in the endless mode of the game, not the scenarios nor the campaign.

Alez
04-11-2011, 06:24 PM
To me, it sounds like you're more interested in the endless mode of the game, not the scenarios nor the campaign.

Well...isn't everybody? The campaigns were ALWAYS bad. I figured everyone just played endless mode or one of the scenarios.

And in a demo i don't see the point of giving me story when it goes nowhere NOR does it make me interested in what's gonna happen(like a cliffhanger that makes me wanna buy the original).

What makes me wanna get the original are things like buildings and new features that were locked here. I didn't see anything. Usually a demo SHOWS you what you can't have. Here, on the construction panel you just had blank spaces. You could be fooled thinking there are no more citizen types.
The same way you could not even know there are more city types.

You understand my point? As a demo, it fails. I am already extremely interested in the game and would have played it without the demo anyway but had i been a stranger to the series, after playing it i wouldn't have cared at all.

Althea
04-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Well...isn't everybody? The campaigns were ALWAYS bad. I figured everyone just played endless mode or one of the scenarios.
I'm interested in the campaign.

And in a demo i don't see the point of giving me story when it goes nowhere NOR does it make me interested in what's gonna happen(like a cliffhanger that makes me wanna buy the original).
The only other option, really, is to do a time-limited endless mode. I don't think that's really sensible with an Anno game, though.

What makes me wanna get the original are things like buildings and new features that were locked here. I didn't see anything. Usually a demo SHOWS you what you can't have. Here, on the construction panel you just had blank spaces. You could be fooled thinking there are no more citizen types.
The same way you could not even know there are more city types.
Again, that's standard for an Anno series campaign. It only lets you build a certain number of buildings. Anno 1404 was no different in that regard at all.

You understand my point? As a demo, it fails. I am already extremely interested in the game and would have played it without the demo anyway but had i been a stranger to the series, after playing it i wouldn't have cared at all.
I don't think it failed as a demo at all. I enjoyed it, and I've gone from "Oh, I'm sort of excited but I'm getting it anyway" to "Holy shit, I want this right now".

vinraith
04-11-2011, 06:42 PM

Presumably someone must play the extended tutorial, which is to say the campaign, but I can't imagine who or why. Releasing campaign missions as the demo mostly seems like a sure-fire way to convince people the game is far more limited than it is. Maybe they figure the pop ups and such will keep people from replaying it too much.

1701's demo was an "endless mode" scenario that wouldn't let you progress above "Citizen" level. I must have played that thing 20 times waiting for the game to be released. That kind of thing would be a lot more effective, at least in hooking someone like myself.

rsherhod
04-11-2011, 09:08 PM
Excuse me, but I always play the campaign.
Although...
1701's demo was an "endless mode" scenario that wouldn't let you progress above "Citizen" level. I must have played that thing 20 times waiting for the game to be released.

That's true, and I played it to death too.

vinraith
04-11-2011, 10:30 PM
Excuse me, but I always play the campaign.
Although...

That's true, and I played it to death too.

Thinking about that demo makes me want to install 1701 again. That's ridiculous, and that's how good it was.

rsherhod
04-11-2011, 11:08 PM
I never got around to buying 1701 and I'm now considering it based on my memory of the demo. It's about the only one that made sense being set on a series of islands. The mixture of temperate and desert islands in 1404 was odd.

DigitalSignalX
05-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Just finished an hour and a half or so with the demo. For some reason it didn't detect my audio device properly, so only GUI clicks were playing for the first 10 minutes. This kind of got me off on the wrong foot to start with, thinking it was way too quiet, that the people should be voiced etc. Then I fixed it and continued.

Cosmetically, it's very very good looking. The towns feel alive and the animations are great. However, like other people said, I eventually concluded that it just felt empty without at least seeing what was being held back. Sort of like in Starcraft where the units you can't build yet are still in the menu's, just greyed out. That said, still very much looking forward to it despite this rather lackluster demo. If I'd never played an Anno game before, it might not give the best impression to a newcomer, but I have, and my anticipation is growing!

snortmort
05-11-2011, 05:56 PM
I've never played an Anno before but liked the look of this. However, the demo left me very cold indeed. E.v.e is infuriating when you're trying to read sixteen other hover tips and pop ups on the screen, as well as listen to pantomime shouty capitalist man. It's all a little contrived and, dare I say, felt a little preachy. I kind of play games to forget we're all (possibly maybe) destined for a watery doom. If any game needed a time limited rather than feature limited demo it was this one.
It didn't grab me. I'll leave it there.

Althea
05-11-2011, 06:41 PM
They have to feature-limit it, though. The thing with Anno games is you start small and go big. A sample of the campaign was really the best thing they could do, because otherwise would end up confusing more people. Anno games outside of the campaign just dump you in and leave you there. That ain't how you sell a game.

Alez
05-11-2011, 10:08 PM
Anno games outside of the campaign just dump you in and leave you there.
That's what makes it so great. You only need a tutorial and then that's it, you're good to go. Set your own objectives and do what you want.

You put a town center, a few houses and look at that, they want food. At the start you can only build a few good producing buildings. Easy.
Then you also need wood and other easy to get resources.

It slowly becomes more and more complicated but at the same time you could simply stay at the first civilization level. There is no need for the campaign. Everything goes on your own pace in the endless mode.

Althea
05-11-2011, 10:21 PM
Some people like the campaign mode. It eases you into the game much more thoroughly than a tutorial does, plus it provides context for the setting. 1404 has a great campaign for that.

Blue Byte could likely not do anything else with this demo. The two campaign missions give an idea of what the game will be like and they are no different to the 1404 campaign in that they restrict the buildings you can have based on the mission. The Orient in 1404 didn't come in until a short while into the campaign, so that section wasn't even available in the campaign until you got to that point.

An Endless mode with some restrictions would get boring quickly, and there'd be no direction with it. Using some of the campaign gives a good balance.

vinraith
05-11-2011, 10:38 PM
They could, obviously, have done what they did with the 1701 demo and given you a limited endless mode game and a light tutorial. I find it hard to believe that wouldn't have been more successful, I know that (unlike a campaign-based demo) it's something I would have actually played.

Althea
05-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I'm sort of in agreement with you there, vinraith, but I can probably one-up you. How about the limited endless mode but with the first two bits of the campaign? Personally, I would say that would be a better fit.

vinraith
05-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I'm sort of in agreement with you there, vinraith, but I can probably one-up you. How about the limited endless mode but with the first two bits of the campaign? Personally, I would say that would be a better fit.

Well, that makes sense. Presumably those first two campaign missions pretty much are a tutorial anyway, so they'd serve the same purpose. I can understand the desire to give people a taste of the story, as that will be a selling point for some folks. I think you also, however, need to give them a taste of the freedom of the endless mode, because for some of us that is the game.

Althea
05-11-2011, 11:26 PM
Indeed. I'm not disagreeing with that, although I probably spent more time in the campaign mode in 1404.

The two campaign missions are like the first one or two from 1701/1404, as they introduce you to things like the special buildings on islands (They were monasteries, witches, etc. in 1404), basic construction, build orders, basic resources and so forth.

deano2099
06-11-2011, 01:46 AM
Presumably someone must play the extended tutorial, which is to say the campaign, but I can't imagine who or why.

I think I just prefer directed learning. I mean essentially the appeal is the same isn't it? To get better and better and learn the ins and outs of the game until you can master it?

Some people like being eased into that in a very directed fashion whiles others like to muck about with everything, make mistakes and learn that way.

vinraith
06-11-2011, 02:16 AM
I think I just prefer directed learning. I mean essentially the appeal is the same isn't it? To get better and better and learn the ins and outs of the game until you can master it?

Some people like being eased into that in a very directed fashion whiles others like to muck about with everything, make mistakes and learn that way.

I suppose that makes sense, and I should be clear that it's not as though I don't value a good tutorial, but part of a good tutorial is being just long enough to convey the necessary information. Mixing the plot with the tutorial makes for something of an unpleasant stew, IMO, in that the pacing becomes agonizingly slow. To each their own, obviously, but the rate at which new stuff is introduced in most tutorial-type campaigns is just intolerable IMO.

deano2099
06-11-2011, 04:00 AM
Mixing the plot with the tutorial makes for something of an unpleasant stew, IMO, in that the pacing becomes agonizingly slow. To each their own, obviously, but the rate at which new stuff is introduced in most tutorial-type campaigns is just intolerable IMO.
Depends how well/badly it's done. Starcraft 2 was fantastic at that in that each campaign mission introduced a new unit, and was designed to showcase the abilities of that unit. But yeah it can be rubbish if the missions are really long and the new things you get don't have a big enough effect. [SC2 screwed up the other way by not giving you any missions where it wasn't showcasing a unit so you didn't get to play or develop your own strategy, and as the SP had different units and was balanced differently to online it wasn't a teaching tool either].

That said, I've ruined some campaigns for myself by starting in freeplay/sandbox mode. When you have everything it feels constricting to then go back and do the campaign, especially as you know what's coming. It's a lot more exciting playing the campaign through first and being surprised by the new units you get.

vinraith
06-11-2011, 04:24 AM
Depends how well/badly it's done. Starcraft 2 was fantastic at that in that each campaign mission introduced a new unit, and was designed to showcase the abilities of that unit. But yeah it can be rubbish if the missions are really long and the new things you get don't have a big enough effect. [SC2 screwed up the other way by not giving you any missions where it wasn't showcasing a unit so you didn't get to play or develop your own strategy, and as the SP had different units and was balanced differently to online it wasn't a teaching tool either].

That said, I've ruined some campaigns for myself by starting in freeplay/sandbox mode. When you have everything it feels constricting to then go back and do the campaign, especially as you know what's coming. It's a lot more exciting playing the campaign through first and being surprised by the new units you get.

I made it exactly one and a half missions into the SC2 campaign before getting bored out of my mind and abandoning it, which is pretty typical of my experience with linear RTS campaigns. I'll never understand the appeal of such things, to the degree that I've largely stopped buying games that feature that kind of campaign as their central SP feature. Give me a dynamic campaign, a really compelling sandbox mode, or damn near anything else, just don't give me a 30 hour tutorial because I'll never play the stupid thing.

Serenegoose
06-11-2011, 05:37 AM
I made it exactly one and a half missions into the SC2 campaign before getting bored out of my mind and abandoning it, which is pretty typical of my experience with linear RTS campaigns. I'll never understand the appeal of such things, to the degree that I've largely stopped buying games that feature that kind of campaign as their central SP feature. Give me a dynamic campaign, a really compelling sandbox mode, or damn near anything else, just don't give me a 30 hour tutorial because I'll never play the stupid thing.

I've always enjoyed both - though I find that unless you have very simple objectives (dawn of war: dark crusade, any total war game) I can't do sandbox campaigns very well. I need some direction, some goal given to me to accomplish, for a plot, even badly told. I enjoy games like company of heroes because it's easy for me to get into the mindset of 'defend this bridge because the german army is coming' the context helps me figure out what I'm meant to be doing, and so I gain enjoyment out of doing that task effectively. However when the sandbox is still fairly simple, I massively enjoy freer, sandboxy experiences too - though I always find it exceptionally difficult to intuit options about things like 'how aggressive ought I to be, where do I prioritise my expansion?'

This means games like Crusader Kings (that I still mean to get into) elude me for a great amount of time before I figure out enough of the principles to actually feel like I'm doing something, as opposed to just experience a series of events at the whim of fate, and having no skill or intuition as to how to respond. Once I do, however, I get a lot from them.

vinraith
06-11-2011, 10:08 PM
@Serengoose

I'll tell you why this kind of thing has never worked for me: the game won't let me lose. It also won't let me succeed beyond expectation. In a story based, linear campaign there is only one allowed outcome: standard victory. Anything less means restarting the mission until I get standard victory, anything more is ignored. The story can not change as a result of my actions, it is whatever it was preordained to be and the only thing I'm doing by playing the game is passing the necessary hurdle to get the next chunk. As a result, the story has nothing to do with the game, to my thinking, and provides absolutely no motivation or context for anything.

Take, as an alternative, Close Combat. There I might similarly be in a situation where I needed to defend a bridge because the German army was coming, but that situation would have arisen organically from the ebb and flow of combat. If I do very well defending the bridge, I might be able to mount a counter offensive and drive the Germans back, significantly delaying their advance. If I fail, I might have to fall back to the next logical defensive point and try again. Everything I do has meaningful context, and the spectrum of possible outcomes is enormous. That's so much more interesting than "jump through hoop, see next piece of pre-written story" that I can no longer tolerate the latter format.

All of which is to say I have nothing against a plot or objectives, but I hate implementations thereof that eliminate my own agency.

rsherhod
07-11-2011, 08:33 AM
Absolutely agree with this.
It'd be so much better for games to, rather than say "you must win or we'll suffer this setback", allow you to lose but then have deal with the consequences.
Any game with a big campaign map obviously takes this approach, but Emperor: Battle for Dune is the only one I can think of that also has a driving narrative.

QuantaCat
07-11-2011, 08:59 AM
On another note, I started playing Anno 1404 Venice again, and "campaign" of that game is really.. well.. nothing more than a glorified tutorial, really. Not that I expected it to be anything else, but still.

Love the game regardless, though. (even though AI sabotage acts are really annoying, and yes, I know you can switch off sabotage alltogether)

c-Row
07-11-2011, 09:01 AM
Depends how well/badly it's done. Starcraft 2 was fantastic at that in that each campaign mission introduced a new unit, and was designed to showcase the abilities of that unit.

To me this still feels like a cheap campaign-long tutorial for multiplayer and far from "fantastic".

deano2099
07-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Take, as an alternative, Close Combat. There I might similarly be in a situation where I needed to defend a bridge because the German army was coming, but that situation would have arisen organically from the ebb and flow of combat. If I do very well defending the bridge, I might be able to mount a counter offensive and drive the Germans back, significantly delaying their advance. If I fail, I might have to fall back to the next logical defensive point and try again. Everything I do has meaningful context, and the spectrum of possible outcomes is enormous.

See the way I see it (and your view is totally valid, I just find it quite enlightening to see the differences) is that there is likely a single result of the whole bridge battle that is the most interesting, exciting, and leads to the 'best' next mission. The risk with with your approach is that while the dynamic system might create some amazing (and unique) experience, it could also create something really dull, or an unbeatable death-spiral, or a stale-mate that goes back and forth. I can't deny that when things come together in more free-form games it surpasses anything a scripted situation can manage, and more than that it's 'your' story that others won't have had. But it can also be really dull if the die rolls the other way.

archonsod
07-11-2011, 04:13 PM
Depends how well/badly it's done. Starcraft 2 was fantastic at that in that each campaign mission introduced a new unit, and was designed to showcase the abilities of that unit.

That's my pet peeve right there. I utterly hate it when they do that whole "arbitrarily remove the player's ability to play with everything and force them to utilise a single thing until they get bored of it".

Probably why I despised Starcraft.

moth bones
07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Is the environmental degradation stuff in the demo? That's what has me interested in this game; it's an area that seems hugely under-used by builders and Civ-type games in general (I really thought that Civ5's 'big advance' would be exploring it in far more depth, rather than turning it off completely).

Althea
07-11-2011, 06:37 PM
Is the environmental degradation stuff in the demo? That's what has me interested in this game; it's an area that seems hugely under-used by builders and Civ-type games in general (I really thought that Civ5's 'big advance' would be exploring it in far more depth, rather than turning it off completely).
Not really, as there's not a lot of the game shown.

moth bones
07-11-2011, 06:46 PM
Fair enough, I'll wait on reports from the full game.

Althea
09-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Official video here about the Online features (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3zLOqX31Fg&hd=1). It's quite vague, and doesn't mention UPlay or anything, but it does hint at what we didn't see in the demo.

Smashbox
09-11-2011, 08:01 PM
My antici... pation for this title is really growing, though I've never played an Anno title. How deep does the city simulation go? I assume you're managing budgets, etc., but is transportation a factor? What types of objectives are a part of the campaign? Are there wars? Sorry if I'm thick and I've missed this elsewhere.

Althea
09-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Campaigns generally revolve around hitting certain check points. Build X of Y to make Z of resource A, send to Player 1 and so forth. Some quest points are more abstract, like connecting landmarks to your docks. Sometimes it's as simple as needing to get a certain quantity of a certain resource. The scenarios, which I can't recall if 2070 has, tend to be much more free in that you have to gain a certain amount of, say, money or population. You don't really manage budgets or anything, but you can change the taxes. It puts more emphasis on the production, flow and use of resources. If you're making too much stone, you can set up your warehouse to sell it, so the AI or other players can visit and buy it from you.

Trading is the other big focus, and you're meant to create trade routes between your different islands. One island might have the fertility required for cider in 1404 (it's rice in 2070), but another island of yours might need cider to progress. So you make a surplus on the island that can make it, and then you create a trade route to keep the other island supplied so it can progress.

As for combat, there is some element of combat to it, but it's far from the key focus.

Smashbox
09-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Great info - thanks. I know you haven't played the full game but... Worth playing 2070 first or starting with one of the earlier iterations?

vinraith
09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
1404 is pretty great, and reasonably inexpensive at this point. There'd certainly be no harm in giving that one a try. If the campaign doesn't appeal do not hesitate to jump straight into the continuous mode, which is where the real meat of the game is.

Althea
09-11-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't think it'll matter one iota, really. Anno 1404 can be picked up really cheap in its gold edition (don't know about in the US), and I'd probably recommend that for now as it's a much smaller risk as a first-time buyer, and there's more materials out there for it.

amusingthebrood
11-11-2011, 08:49 AM
How do the Anno games compare to the old Impressions city builders? I poured endless hours into Caesar 3 and Pharaoh (in fact, just thinking about it is making me want to go and build a big shiny pyramid) but haven't played anything of the sort for many years.

Althea
11-11-2011, 09:34 AM
How do the Anno games compare to the old Impressions city builders? I poured endless hours into Caesar 3 and Pharaoh (in fact, just thinking about it is making me want to go and build a big shiny pyramid) but haven't played anything of the sort for many years.
I've not played them, but having a quick look gives me the impression (pun not intended) that the Anno games have much more simplistic city building, especially as you don't have many of the public buildings like schools or anything like that. They really are first and foremost about resources and trade.

amusingthebrood
11-11-2011, 09:38 AM
I've not played them, but having a quick look gives me the impression (pun not intended) that the Anno games have much more simplistic city building, especially as you don't have many of the public buildings like schools or anything like that. They really are first and foremost about resources and trade.

Ah, groovy. I suppose an obvious plan is to try the demos (on the understanding of course that they won't reveal all of the detail and fun).

Althea
11-11-2011, 09:51 AM
Yeah, pretty much. If you can get hold of the 1404 demo, that might be a better one to get to grips with.

Althea
11-11-2011, 04:04 PM
New video about the metagame (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lCncPyAoxco)

Basically, he's talking about many things blocked - but hinted at - in the demo. All I'm hoping is that it's opt-in/opt-out.

Althea
14-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Probably the last pre-release video. This one goes into detail about the two factions, Eco and Tycoon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCQ3CyLuwn0

QuantaCat
15-11-2011, 09:48 AM
thanks for collecting data, btw. looking foward to this one, but unsure if I should buy it..

Also. I am not a fan of any recent "OMG MAN IS HERE TO PROTECT NATURE" crap, so I was hoping you dont play as a faction, but instead you can use units and buildings from every faction. Maybe you have to invest in the different powers like you had to in anno 1404 with the honour points, but that is how my ideal game of anno 2070 plays out, because it never is a clear choice between "omg nature killing" and "flower child".

Althea
15-11-2011, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure how it'll work out, either. I don't know if you select a faction or it does the 1404 split with the Eco side being this game's version of the Orient.

QuantaCat
15-11-2011, 07:25 PM
well, eco/tycoon/robot anyway.

Lacero
19-11-2011, 12:24 PM
So, steam says it's tages with 3 machine limit. again.
Shame.
---
3rd-party DRM: Solidshield Tages SAS
3 machine activation limit

vinraith
19-11-2011, 02:44 PM
So, steam says it's tages with 3 machine limit. again.
Shame.
---
3rd-party DRM: Solidshield Tages SAS
3 machine activation limit

So it's a Gamersgate purchase, since they'll just issue you a new key if your old one runs out of activations.

Jajusha
19-11-2011, 07:45 PM
And ubiservers are down. Even if i finish a mission, it wont record my progress and won't let me start the next, hurra...

QuantaCat
19-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Oh dear. Well atleast I decided holding out for the ultimate edition with expansion.