PDA

View Full Version : *sighs* Goddamn Batman

Vexing Vision
07-11-2011, 03:30 PM
So, I caved in. To get a better delivery deal at amazon.co.uk, I preordered Batman alongside of Skyrim.

I am going to regret this. GFWL fucked up the first Batman. This is going to happen again, isn't it.

I'm so weak, but I'm so very much looking forward to it...

Ian
07-11-2011, 03:34 PM
I was apparently one of the lucky ones, aside from about three minutes prior to first starting the game after installation GFWL didn't bother my Arkham Asylum experience in any way.

I just wish Arkham City was coming out first. Get that completed and then dive into Skyrim. As it is I'm not going to want to rush Skyrim but I'll also be gagging to get some Batmanning done, so I suspect I'll spend a week on Skyrim, then have a break while I blast through Batman, then back to Skyrim.

Ghil
07-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Well it's my game of the year so far (played it on my roommate's PS3, couldn't wait :P) so you won't regret this. You'll regret GFWL though. I hate that piece of ..her...DRM.

Mohorovicic
07-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Can I point and laugh at you when you get it and it turns out there's a dozen things wrong with it?

Vexing Vision
07-11-2011, 06:36 PM
Can I point and laugh at you when you get it and it turns out there's a dozen things wrong with it?

Yeah, it's what I expect, really. Still, got it for 35€, which based on how much I enjoyed the four playthroughs of Asylum (THANKS GFWL FOR NOT SAVING MY PROGRESS) is what I hope is worth it.

acidtestportfolio
07-11-2011, 08:47 PM
my imaginary version of batman: arkham city is going to be loads better

mainly because batman drop kicks the reincarnated sigmund freud golem out the window onto a crowd of comic book fans

basically i'm never going to buy that game

Cooper
07-11-2011, 09:04 PM
It's pretty easy to strip GFWL out of most games. Usually it's a matter of replacing a DLL file (with the usual beware of scary viruses that will steal your children proviso)

db1331
08-11-2011, 08:40 PM
I just cancelled my $40 pre-order on Steam today after news that it got delayed another week. That's just long enough to push it out of my "I NEED THIS GAME NOW" window and into my "I can wait for a sale" window. Sorry Rocksteady. I wanted to buy it, but since I play on PC, I wasn't your top priority.

Vexing Vision
08-11-2011, 08:55 PM
Thoroughly tempted to cancel mine as well.

Oh well. At least this gives me time to aquaintaince myself with Skyrim.

Pretty disappointed though and more than a bit wary.