PDA

View Full Version : Dead State... is this game still beig produced?

lightingbird
07-11-2011, 10:41 PM
I was all excited but I see the last update was 2010. Is this game still being made? Anyone know?

Wizardry
07-11-2011, 10:59 PM
It is being made.

Drake Sigar
07-11-2011, 11:01 PM
I think they do a 'design update' every week on their forum, though the homepage seems curiously bare. Can't wait for this one. Developers assume we enjoy the mindless act of crushing zombies (and we do), but what I really want is to guide a group of survivors through the daily rigors of life in a zombie-infested world.

lightingbird
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I think they do a 'design update' every week on their forum, though the homepage seems curiously bare. Can't wait for this one. Developers assume we enjoy the mindless act of crushing zombies (and we do), but what I really want is to guide a group of survivors through the daily rigors of life in a zombie-infested world.

You nailed it. I'm very pumped to play it.

Malawi Frontier Guard
07-11-2011, 11:11 PM
It is being made.

So they say.

TillEulenspiegel
08-11-2011, 12:00 AM
though the homepage seems curiously bare.
Not so curious. Limited people, limited time, and game programmers typically aren't the best website designers. It'll be important when they're closer to release, but it's got to be a pretty low priority now. If it's not fun and it's not useful, it won't get done.

lightingbird
08-11-2011, 12:20 AM
I disagree.

Unless they don't have a business person, the webpage should be the storefront to drive more possible buyers to the game. Not to mention, its a whole lot easier to update and design than making a game. Either way, I hope they still are working on this or would provide a official update.

TailSwallower
08-11-2011, 12:54 AM
I disagree.

Unless they don't have a business person, the webpage should be the storefront to drive more possible buyers to the game. Not to mention, its a whole lot easier to update and design than making a game. Either way, I hope they still are working on this or would provide a official update.

Well, there's no point having a storefront when you have nothing to sell. The game isn't finished, they aren't taking preorders yet, all they have is a cafepress store in case anyone wants to help fund development a little and get themselves some merch.

And they are posting updates, but they're on the forum... Probably to help foster a community of people that are genuinely interested in the game (say, interested enough to actually read their forums instead of moaning about the game on someone else's), or something stupid like that.

Smashbox
08-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Lovely thread, chaps.

Fumarole
08-11-2011, 05:47 AM
Five posts and all in this thread? Moving on.

coldvvvave
08-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Ok, what about that Dropship game from another ex-Troika guy? Is it dead?

Rossignol
08-11-2011, 08:40 AM
I've deleted the bizarre outbreak of rudeness here. Lightingbird, take it easy, please.

TillEulenspiegel
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
Not to mention, its a whole lot easier to update and design than making a game.
Hi, game developer here. My HTML skills are...well, let's just say they predate CSS. So, 1995ish. You don't want to let me near a website. I'm capable of learning, sure, but time is precious and I really don't want to tinker. And I'd have to put in the time to learn it properly, otherwise there's the maddening frustration of continually adjusting pixel offsets you don't quite understand and looking at the result. It's not good.

What I'm saying is that unless they've got a really nice CMS set up that takes care of everything automatically, it's a big waste of time that would be better spent on more interesting, more productive things. Would fiddling with a website get them the tiniest bit closer to launch? No, not at all. So you focus on the things that do.

TailSwallower
09-11-2011, 01:29 AM
I've deleted the bizarre outbreak of rudeness here.

Yeah, sorry Jim. I'm usually better than that.

Also, on the topic of the development of Dead State they recently went looking for (and apparently found) some new programmers to help them get the game done sooner because of all the interest. Doesn't necessarily mean we'll get more updates, but means things should be happening quicker behind the scenes.

Ok, what about that Dropship game from another ex-Troika guy? Is it dead?

What Dropship game? Link to a preview or anything? And do you remember which Troika guy? Tim Cain is at Obsidian currently, Leonard Boyarsky is at Blizzard, Jason Anderson is at Turtle Rock and Brian Mitsoda is working on Dead State, so I'm not sure who that leaves.

coldvvvave
09-11-2011, 01:11 PM
What Dropship game? Link to a preview or anything?And do you remember which Troika guy? Tim Cain is at Obsidian currently, Leonard Boyarsky is at Blizzard, Jason Anderson is at Turtle Rock and Brian Mitsoda is working on Dead State, so I'm not sure who that leaves.
Article says it's Michael McCarthy.

Original preview article is dead but I found some links.

http://forum.preys-world.com/viewtopic.php?t=15816&highlight=troika

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=308981

http://www.laidback-gaming.com/

TailSwallower
10-11-2011, 12:48 AM
Thanks.

I was intrigued, but now I'm not hopeful as the website has apparently been saying 'Coming Soon' for 5 years now. 5 years is about how long ITS have been working on Age of Decadence, but they've at least had an official forum that whole time.

Fumarole
10-11-2011, 12:57 AM
Thanks.

I was intrigued, but now I'm not hopeful as the website has apparently been saying 'Coming Soon' for 5 years now. 5 years is about how long ITS have been working on Age of Decadence, but they've at least had an official forum that whole time.Dead State has a forum section (http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=f440bbe47dc23ce050de725561a313 f8&board=11.0) on ITS.

TailSwallower
10-11-2011, 03:47 AM
Dead State has a forum section (http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=f440bbe47dc23ce050de725561a313 f8&board=11.0) on ITS.

I was talking about Dropship, not Dead State. I mentioned the forum myself a few posts ago ;)
If there's a Dropship forum somewhere to show that they're working away at it I'd be keen to see how they're going, but there's nothing on the page except an image and 'coming soon'.

Fumarole
10-11-2011, 03:51 PM
I was talking about Dropship, not Dead State. I mentioned the forum myself a few posts ago ;)
If there's a Dropship forum somewhere to show that they're working away at it I'd be keen to see how they're going, but there's nothing on the page except an image and 'coming soon'.I fail at reading comprehension.

Fumarole
13-02-2014, 09:23 PM
Rise thread, rise!

I just got an email stating that the game will be out on Steam later today. Huzzah!

palindrome
13-02-2014, 09:35 PM
Threadomancy is quite appropriate really. This is a game that I have been looking forward too for a while now, its nice to see it reaching the final stretch.

sendmark
13-02-2014, 09:43 PM
The release of the full game, or just the early access?

palindrome
13-02-2014, 09:44 PM
Its an early access demo version (the first 7 days IIRC).