PDA

View Full Version : 1337 killers or vice versa.

QuantaCat
08-11-2011, 12:11 PM
Just wanted to comment on this movie that recently came out, that it's way better than I expected it to be. Maybe its because they captured the feeling of the 80s in colour and character so well, or maybe its because its not so over the top as those stupid action movies usually are.

Also, its set in britain and "based on a true story", or rather "based on a real book, based on a true story", and it claims "none of the characters portrayed within are real, all is fictional" in a standard manner in the end. Which is odd.

So did I like this movie because it was more britainbased, and "closer to home" as it were? (Im belgian, living in austria, which means two things: I came from an excolonial power and started living in the formerly greatest empire) I can relate much more to the story in this movie than to any "OMG THEYR GUNNA BLOW UP TEH WIEHT HAUS!!!11111" et al. Also, Statham is his usual self, but clive owen and De Niro were quite good. The not-so-bad guys all around.

EDIT: also, I like that it stays neutral, not from OMG SAVE THE WORLD to OMG THE WORLD IS SAFE.

R-F
08-11-2011, 12:23 PM
What movie?

QuantaCat
08-11-2011, 12:25 PM
"Killers Elite"

acidtestportfolio
08-11-2011, 04:42 PM
is that the actual title

i actually kind of want it to be 1337 killers now

QuantaCat
08-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Ack, I mean "Killer Elite", which has a bit more sense.

westyfield
09-11-2011, 01:27 AM
Hmm. I was vaguely interested in this movie as it stars Yvonne Strahovski (from Chuck and Mass Effect 2), but then forgot all about it. I'll look it up sometime, thanks!

QuantaCat
09-11-2011, 07:29 AM
though it doesnt feature her doing actiony things, though. Which is what I like her for.

DigitalSignalX
09-11-2011, 10:08 AM
"I've got no problem with blood. What worries me is ink."

QuantaCat
09-11-2011, 02:49 PM
yes. Though I didnt like the first scene with those gentlemen, because they reveal EVERYTHING. It was such a blatant solution to "how the hell do we explain these people to the unknowing viewers?"