PDA

View Full Version : RPS Blood Bowl Stunty Tournament – The Gauntlin Goblet!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8

groovychainsaw
15-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the write up screwie - I definitely think you had the worse luck in that game, my snotlings proved very resilient compared to your goblins and your block attempts generally did not go well. Your trolls were very unreliable (apart from your fist-half goblin-throwing, that was a nice display!). I find it remarkable that I play the ogres better when I've got 3 than when I've got 5 (2 were out for this game!), not a lot went wrong and I managed any incidents using rerolls fairly effectively. I love having pro on an ogre as well, it saves me at least 3 rerolls every game at the moment! Maybe I'll be competitive for the finals this season? Another goblin team up next - lets see how we get on against VV ;-)

Vexing Vision
15-05-2012, 10:00 AM
lets see how we get on against VV ;-)

That depends entirely on whether or not ntw ever dares to face my Superspeed-Fanatic, or if any of my goblins survive the match.

Looking forward to our rematch, Groovy - the wounds I caused your ogres in the last round have healed sufficently, I hope. *goblin grin*

groovychainsaw
15-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Well, I have a spare ogre since last time and some guard and more break tackle. I can only hope they show their more normal ogrey resilience this time around as I seem to recall you DESTROYING them last time out (only 1 ogre left, if i recall). And you still have that MA4 fanatic. He is a freak and must be killed with fire. Ntw - I charge you with killing that fanatic before I face Vexing ;-)

Screwie
15-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Not sure what the fuss is about, removing a fanatic from a game is easy peasy... Oh wait, not every team has chainsaws or bombs, never mind :P

Technically the Day ends tomorrow, but @ntw and @VV, do you guys need more time?

ntw
15-05-2012, 12:45 PM
I should be good to play tomorrow night, or failing that, Thursday if it's not too much of a delay?

It's taken me a bit of time to finish replacing my goblins with indestructible robot replicants, but now I should be ready to play Vex and hopefully put up slightly more resistance this time...

Vexing Vision
15-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Tomorrow night sounds perfect to me. I want to be the cause of delay just once, too! It makes me feel important.

Thursday is a bank holiday in Germany. I would be available all day if tomorrow night Cyanides or ntws ( <3 ).

ntw
16-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Sorry I can't do tonight now :(

Default it against me unless you're all happy to risk me being able to play tomorrow night (not a certainty :( )

Vexing Vision
16-05-2012, 07:53 PM
So tonight DID ntw. :P I'm not feeling utterly healthy myself and am rather grateful for the respite. A draw is fine. I also really don't want to take the lead with a default.

This is going to cost me the league in the end, I know.

Screwie
16-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Sorry I've been out all evening. If you guys need til Saturday that's fine.

Vexing Vision
17-05-2012, 11:49 AM
Oh, we defaulted the match due to ntw's and my sickness.

Whereupon I strictly ignored my sickness and played my match vs Groovy, who also rolled the Day on as ours was the last outstanding match.

Screwie
17-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Hah! Well okay, whatever. :)

Although you should always feel deadline extensions are an option in this league, casual as it is.

Day 4 is on then - provisional deadline of the 26th.

groovychainsaw
17-05-2012, 01:22 PM
Err yeah, didn't mean to step on your toes Screwie, just VV pinged me about our game, said his and ntw's was defaulted and asked if we could play, so I moved things along ;-). And then beat him! Yey!

Screwie
17-05-2012, 01:31 PM
No worries!

Looking forward to that match report. :)

Vexing Vision
18-05-2012, 10:43 AM
It was a sincerely epic match-up with broken bones, broken Snotlings and one broken ogre. Steelballs the speedy fanatic did his job, and did it well, with his accustomed pin-point accuracy when it comes to ogres.

Littleballs the Bombardier had a field day as well, injuring two Snotlings and stunning a few ogres. He was also responsible for a fiendish and exciting bomb-pass-play that would decide the final turn of the game. It went back and forth repeatedly, and even had one of my trolls involved by making him catch the bomb.

There were plenty of heroic actions that belie the 1-0 score, but as I was in a drug-induced haze (medicinal purposes only, I swear), I hope that Groovy can come up with a more coherent report.

groovychainsaw
18-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Let me see.

Kickoff, the ball gets kicked directly to my ogre on the line, in the centre. Dinnerlady Jemima makes the catch! That solves the 'how do i give this to an ogre problem'. I then proceed to bash bash bash bash bash bash to make a cage of ogres. I knock down Large (the troll) and jump on him with a snotling. KO! Excellent. The next 5 turns continue in this manner (Jemima didn't move for 4!). I bash for all I'm worth, but to no avail, the goblins will not die. One smashed snot (-1str leaving him at 1str!) means its time to get on the move, so i break tackle jemima away, turn 5. My plan is sorta failing here, I was hoping to cause 3/4 injuries so that the special weapons would have to come on for the end of the half after I score, then be away in the second half. As it is, VV has enough spares to keep the weapons off until the 2nd half. Hmm. My break just about works, a goblin gets to jemima, and a pair of lovely thrown goblin assists helps no end, nearly stalling the TD, but jemima proves too much for the goblin defence. 1-0, turn 7. After a brief kickoff, where VV fails to pick up the ball, I kill man-goblin (str 3 freak that he is), but the apothecary is on form and he'll be back second half. I also KO tall, the other ogre, meaning both ogres are having a lie-down. I'm unable to capitalise further, the goblins continuing to be resilient.

2nd half, one troll comes back and all the special weapons are on the field, chainsaw, fanatic and the bombardier. Straight away Steelball the MA4 freak fanatic takes out teacher isobel with a smashed collar bone. Fortunately my apothecary is on form too, and she'll be back. An excellent throw from the bombardier stuns another ogre and badly hurts a snot (natch). I stand everyone up, reform a line of defence as best I can and then blitz the chainsaw before too much more harm befalls me. I get a chance at both down and take it, stunning the chainsaw and ending my turn.

VV comes back at me, shoring up the ball in his half, whilst causing havoc with the bombardier, this time injuring an ogre and stunning another. In revenge, I blitz steelball and cause a badly hurt in return. I'm still down 2 ogres with 2 on the floor. My defensive line is made of snotlings. One sneaks up to harass the bombardier, as he's far too effective. This helps, as the opening bombard gambit leads to a fumble and a knockdown for the bombardier. I make some blocks and get my ogres back. It's looking a bit open... and it is, an excellent pass and catch to a waiting MA7 goblin (VV's team is full of freaks!) means he's got a simple run in. He chooses to mark up and stall, knowing that otherwise a lovely 1 turn snot-thrown victory could be on the cards...

I get 2 snots free, but only manage a push on the one dice block. I reroll to get a skull. Urgh. But still, VV decides to stall further. The bombardier fumbles again and I have a chance, moving everyone towards the ball and pulling off a great snotlign throw, landing the snot next to the ball carrier. I dodge another over to help (watch out for him) and make the 2 dice hit. Push Push. Urgh. VV goes for it, turn 15, but my little helper has diving tackle - the ball carrier goes down and the ball is thrown back to a waiting snotling. I run over , bash a bit, try to hand off to an ogre, fail, but another snot catches it. VV goes for the bomb-throw, but I make the catch, throw it back, only for a goblin to catch it, throw it back, my ball carrier makes the catch, throws at the troll, who catches it and throws it... wide, missing by 2 squares. Whew! A couple more hits and the game is over.

So, VV played very well and I could not make a dent in his team. I got lucky with the KOs on the trolls and pretty much unlucky with everything else on armour rolls. Meanwhile, it was looking hard for VV until he got into the second half, then he injured about 1/2 my ogres :-(. He really should have scored, but his stalling tactics gave me enough of a chance to close out the game and scrape a win. Lots of fun moments to be had though, watching that MA4 fanatic is always exciting, and the bombardier was on fine form, on the whole. I'm not sure if I've ever seen so many intercepts right at the end, too ;-). Double for my pro ogre means she now has block ,too. Lovely! Now, should I get a 6th ogre or a 5th reroll? Decisions decisions...

Screwie
18-05-2012, 04:51 PM
Double for my pro ogre means she now has block ,too. Lovely!.

Yikes! That isn't pleasant.

Vexing Vision
18-05-2012, 04:55 PM
True, I forgot about that horrendous kick-off.

Also true I should have scored, but was afraid to being unable to stop you without any secret weapons at all.

It was a great match though, and excellently played. A shame about the no-deaths on either side. My TV is getting bloated.

NieA7
18-05-2012, 09:43 PM
NTW, when shall we maim?

I've got out of the habit of writing up matches, must try harder (if only to watch the replays and spot all the hideous mistakes I make).

It Came For Dessert (El Cubo, fling) vs The Philanthropists (me, gobbo)

With the triumphant return of Walt Disney to the Philanthropists the flings had plenty of inducements to play with, settling on a chef and another fecking tree. With my leader gobbo missing the match things got off to a good start with the chef cooking something so repulsive that no right thinking gobbo wanted anything to do with it, leaving all three of my rerolls intact. The rest of the first half went perfectly: Walt Disney caught the bounce, Cat Stevens sliced up many a fling and even Mother Theresa the troll managed to cripple something for a change (something like 10 matches, all against stunties, and she still only has 6 SPPs). With a little judicious stalling at the end of the half things were looking grim for the flings – at the kick off for the second half they had four casualties and two KOs, with not even a scratch against the gobbos.

Then Cyanide.

So, kicking off for the first half again things didn't go quite so well for the gobbos. Still 1-0 up at the kick off for the second half, this time the chef stole two rerolls, Cat Stevens had picked up a MNG on what was technically turn 0 (damn blitz kick off), both trolls had spent a long time contemplating the nature of the universe and by the end of the half Walt Disney had been badly hurt too. At the second half kick off another gobbo was having a long snooze, while the flings had only suffered one casualty, 1KO and one sent off – not a problem with the deep bench they had available.

This weight of number really started to tell in the second half, with gobbo after gobbo (and Mother Theresa, who'd been distinctly less violent this time out) getting injured or KOd as the flings ground down the pitch. Things swiftly reached the desperation zone, though here I started getting lucky. First the ball carrier got knocked out, then a gobbo scoped up the ball and didn't immediately die a horrible death, then another gobbo grabbed the hand off despite being in a tackle zone before sprinting down the pitch very nearly out of reach of any flings.

Very nearly, but not quite completely. A Both Down result from a blitz spilt the ball, and with only 4 gobbos and 1 troll there wasn't much that could be done to stop the 6 flings and 3 treemen from scoring. El Cubo did induce Nuffle Wrath by declaring that nothing could stop him scoring now, only to see a gobbo pick himself up, make two GFIs, roll double pow on a two dice against block against the ball carrier and catch the ball in two tackle zones on the follow up, but this brief display of heroics was never going to last and the flings ran in a TD on turn 16. An attempt at a one turner was foiled by both trolls derping out, leaving it 1-1 at full time after a game full of stunty action.

El Cubo
18-05-2012, 10:10 PM
I was on my well on my way to writing that AAR, but then got distracting phone call and couldn't be bothered to start again. Shame on me.

Other odd things that were spotted during the matches: A treeman rooted, but still managed to pick a halfling from two squares away and throw the (un)lucky fellow. Also, on another occasion, didn't a treeman fail to go for it next to the chainsawer and got +3 to the av?

Gorm, can you play on Sunday evening? 5pm BST or later would suit me.

NieA7
18-05-2012, 10:12 PM
Other odd things that were spotted during the matches: A treeman rooted, but still managed to pick a halfling from two squares away and throw the (un)lucky fellow. Also, on another occasion, didn't a treeman fail to go for it next to the chainsawer and got +3 to the av?

Yep, both those were Things That Happened. Fortunately neither lead to anything dramatic but it was a bit weird.

Screwie
18-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I've seen the Chainsaw modify armour rolls on failed GFIs adjacent to the looney before myself.

Screwie
25-05-2012, 09:34 PM
Moondog and I attempted our game tonight, but the dreaded network synch error cut it short.

It was shaping up to be a hell of a game too! I was 1-0 ahead at half time but after my first TD I only had 5 players on the pitch, including just one troll - Moony's bomber had killed the other one with a bomb (presumably he ate it)! IT looked like Moondog could have evened the score and pulled ahead with his numbers advantage, but we'll never know, as the game crapped out in Turn 9. :(

We'll try again this weekend - speaking of which, the deadline's been extended to Sunday night!

ntw
25-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh crap - next day almost over already?

NieA7
25-05-2012, 11:08 PM
Yep, we've got a game to play NTW.

Skull-
27-05-2012, 07:42 AM
Is there still time to play the stunt league?

Screwie
27-05-2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Skull, we are bang in the middle of the season right now which still has 5-8 weeks to run.

You're welcome to put your name down on the sign-up sheet as an understudy for this season in case someone has to drop out, or check back here in a couple of months when we're raring up for season 3.

Screwie
27-05-2012, 05:01 PM
Okay, had my game against Moony and now I feel bad for stealing away his first draw in the tournament with an end-of-game TTM. :(

2-1 in the end. Vexing Vision next week! :X

ntw
28-05-2012, 09:14 AM
Arsebuckets! Time has run away from me, sorry guys. I am busy tonight and tomorrow night (my birthday and then wedding anniversary) but can probably play Wednesday - assuming that's not delaying stuff by too much? Otherwise I forfeit the game (again! sorry guys) because it is all my fault that we haven't played....

Screwie
28-05-2012, 09:45 AM
A delay til Wednesday is fine by me, if you and NieA7 can arrange something in that time.

ntw
28-05-2012, 09:53 AM
Okies - 8pm Weds NieA7?

NieA7
28-05-2012, 02:57 PM
It's a (bloody, violent) date.

Vexing Vision
29-05-2012, 10:22 AM
2-1 in the end. Vexing Vision next week! :X

Why, I am also very much looking forward to seeing you again!

How about a little fanatic-moshpit on Thursday evening?

Screwie
29-05-2012, 11:28 AM
I can probably manage that, if we're all set to move on at that point.

Vexing Vision
30-05-2012, 07:25 AM
I can probably manage that, if we're all set to move on at that point.

I Screwie-ed up and can't make Thursday evening. Sorry! There is steak involved.

Screwie
30-05-2012, 09:23 AM
I Screwie-ed up and can't make Thursday evening. Sorry! There is steak involved.

Friday maybe?

ntw
30-05-2012, 10:14 PM
A win!

Err, I'm not sure what to do now, I'm still in shock!

NieA7
30-05-2012, 10:15 PM
NTW and I just finished our match so the day can be rolled on. I may write it up when I can see the keys through the tears, but feel free to do it instead of me NTW :p

Screwie
30-05-2012, 11:45 PM
Okie doke, the day's been rolled on.

Provisional deadline for Day 5 is the 9th June! Get cracking.

Vexing Vision
31-05-2012, 05:42 AM
Friday maybe?

That might be a possible thing to do.

/Edit: Let's aim for 9pm/10pm though.

Screwie
01-06-2012, 10:15 AM
That might be a possible thing to do.

/Edit: Let's aim for 9pm/10pm though.

No problem.

Vexing Vision
02-06-2012, 10:10 AM
No problem.

My bad, I was online up to 8 pm or so and then I disappeared from the living and the dead. :(

Urgh. My schedule is all over the place recently. Just catch me online later tonight or tomorrow....

NieA7
02-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Gorm, we've got a game to play! Should be free pretty much any time tomorrow, Monday morning and afternoon or Tuesday, or Thursday/Friday after 20:00.

Gorm
02-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Might have to leave it til Thursday, unless you are around now?

NieA7
02-06-2012, 06:07 PM
Might have to leave it til Thursday, unless you are around now?

Haven't got the time tonight unfortunately, but Thursday evening should be fine.

Vexing Vision
03-06-2012, 01:45 PM
"SCREWIE WAKE UP", a booming voice bellowed across the empty pitch.

Screwie
03-06-2012, 06:12 PM
Turns out I can't spare time for a game today after all. Since I have now informed you of this on the same day it was supposed to take place, I am still more polite than you. Huzzah! :P

Seriously though, I woke up feeling pretty awful today and I'm no better now. I 'may' be able to play tomorrow evening but it might have to wait until later in the week. Sorry.

Vexing Vision
04-06-2012, 07:39 AM
Since I have now informed you of this on the same day it was supposed to take place, I am still more polite than you. Huzzah! :P

Lies, all it means is that you PLANNED to dump me all along!

Sometimes this week will do, but I'll be on rather randomly and rather late. :)

El Cubo
05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
So, Groovy. We have a match to play. How's this week for you? Besides today and tomorrow, any evening should do for me.

groovychainsaw
05-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi Cubo, I'm definitely out on friday and saturday, might be free on the sunday. If not, keep an eye out on steam for me - if I pop up there I should be free to play? Does that work ok for now?

El Cubo
05-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Hi Cubo, I'm definitely out on friday and saturday, might be free on the sunday. If not, keep an eye out on steam for me - if I pop up there I should be free to play? Does that work ok for now?

That works.

moondogjazz
06-06-2012, 05:02 PM
NTW do you want to play our bloodbowl match on Saturday morning?

Gorm
07-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Ping me on steam when you are ready Nie

NieA7
07-06-2012, 10:47 PM
A very stunty-esque game between Gorm and myself finished up at 1-1. I caused a host of casualties and KOs in the first half and scored on the last turn, which forced Gorm to run out two of his secret weapons for just one turn. Things turned around in the second half though, where Gorm's deeper bench (and my curiously ineffective babe) left it 8v11. Several casualties later Gorm ran it in with two turns to spare, and my rather hopeless run at the end zone couldn't quite make it.

Even though I suffered more casualties they were all BH (apart from one -MV that was APO'd to BH), whereas Gorm took two deaths. Walt Disney, insane pogoer extraordinare, again proved worth his weight in gold, but gobbo of the match was probably Gorms bombardier who managed to KO Mother Theresa the troll at the start of the second half (although he was on the receiving end of one of his own bombs later).

Good game, well played Gorm :)

Gorm
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
Yea my Bombardier did his job well, and my fanatic who only came on for one turn got a casualty as well so i'm happy with him too.

Good game and i was hoping to take enough guys off so i could just take it off you, but your elf ball stopped my hopes of winning.

Screwie
07-06-2012, 10:52 PM
VV, can you play tomorrow night? Or Saturday morning?

Vexing Vision
08-06-2012, 07:57 AM
Tonight should be fine, Screwie. Can't tell you when exactly though.

ntw
09-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Not had time to read this thread, let alone play any games - been busy visiting my mother in hospital and moving house on her behalf.

Default me if you need to, otherwise I should get a chance to play over the next few days...but then we are off to a wedding in Spain on Wednesday so will be afk until the following Monday.

moondogjazz
09-06-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm available to play tomorrow if you like or Monday evening (from about 5pm). But if you have more pressing things on your plate at the moment I'm happy to default myself as this will be more representative of my recent form :).

Screwie
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
I'm happy to wait a few days if you manage to fit your game in :)

ntw
11-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Tonight should be doable, barring further crises...

I'm hoping to play my DoD match around 7:30pm (UK), would you be able to play afterwards (~9:30pm)?

Heliocentric
11-06-2012, 11:00 AM
BTW, I'm shifting away from halflings, for snotlings(Ogre), I intend to get a frenzy+jugganaut snot who who will push stand firm+block ogres off the pitch and... Yeah... not so much.
An 11 player team of dodge sidesteppers for 220? Hard to argue at that value.

Screwie
11-06-2012, 11:18 AM
If you do want to make a full-snotling team for the next season I won't stop you.... might want a few TRRs and substitute players there though :)

moondogjazz
11-06-2012, 04:23 PM
9.30pm or later is going to be too late a start for me NTW, as I need to get up early for work. It may just be simpler if I default, and being honest it would be a fair representation of my performance in the leagues so far.

Heliocentric
11-06-2012, 04:42 PM
If you do want to make a full-snotling team for the next season I won't stop you.... might want a few TRRs and substitute players there though :)16 Snots for 320? Seems fair.

ntw
11-06-2012, 06:20 PM
9.30pm or later is going to be too late a start for me NTW, as I need to get up early for work. It may just be simpler if I default, and being honest it would be a fair representation of my performance in the leagues so far.

Depending if my DoD opponent shows, we may be able to play earlier? I'll keep an eye open for you on Steam

ntw
12-06-2012, 12:10 PM
An admin draw would be fairest IMHO (we didn't get to play last night).

Screwie
13-06-2012, 09:31 AM
Darnit. I neglected to admin the league last night, and I'm out super-late tonight.

I think 0-0 is the fairest result as you both actively tried to get a game sorted. If the day hasn't already been rolled on by the time I get home tonight I'll sort it out then.

Screwie
14-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Okay the day has been moved on! Sorry about that. The next deadline is the 23rd June.

Just two weeks remaining and the Ogres have taken the lead! :O

Vexing Vision
14-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Just two weeks remaining and the Ogres have taken the lead! :O

And it's all my fault for not being able to cripple them the way they deserve this time. :(

So. El Cubo. A match, please - anytime next week (also during the day) apart from Thursday evening would be grand for me.

groovychainsaw
14-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Ogres! Ogres! Ogres!

Currently I am most concerned about my TV. 5 rerolls and 5 ogres means a *lot* of inducements for my future opponents (TV ~ 1700 now!!). I'm going to be seeing zara, morg n deeproot again before the end of the season....

groovychainsaw
15-06-2012, 09:15 AM
ntw! We must play - how's sunday morning set for you? 10am, bright and early?

Screwie
15-06-2012, 02:12 PM
You might as well sleep in on Sunday groovy, ntw's away until Monday at the earliest :)

El Cubo
15-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Currently I am most concerned about my TV. 5 rerolls and 5 ogres means a *lot* of inducements for my future opponents (TV ~ 1700 now!!).

Yeah, that's the problem with ogres. Terribly expensive team. Keeping snots from leveling helps, but who could give the boot to a snotling?

El Cubo
15-06-2012, 07:21 PM
So. El Cubo. A match, please - anytime next week (also during the day) apart from Thursday evening would be grand for me.

Monday then? Do you do morning games? I could start at 10AM (GMT+2), but later is also fine.

Vexing Vision
15-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Monday then? Do you do morning games? I could start at 10AM (GMT+2), but later is also fine.

Monday morning would be great, but let's call it 11 am GMT +2, okay?

NieA7
15-06-2012, 10:36 PM
moondogjazz we need to have a bottom of the table clash! Who will win? Based on previous form will anyone actually win? Could we both lose? Exciting! I should be free most the weekend, and Tuesday, Thursday and Friday evenings after 20:00BST.

El Cubo
15-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Monday morning would be great, but let's call it 11 am GMT +2, okay?

Okay dokay!

Screwie
16-06-2012, 01:58 PM
Gorm, are you available for a game this weekend?

Gorm
16-06-2012, 08:44 PM
Might be a tight fit after my 5:30 kick off for my DoD game. But its never possible to tell how long a game will take.

El Cubo
18-06-2012, 01:50 PM
It Came for Dessert vs. Shortstuff Stumblers

The memory of the halflings' previous matches was dark like the clouds that hung over the pitch. The pouring rain that had persisted since the last match lightened up come the kick off so that it started to look like a jolly good day for Blood Bowl. And what a day it was! Goblins being hurt on the left, trolls going stupid on the right and halflings in the middle, running with the ball towards the goal line like it was dinner time! The pogo-jumping goblin got caught under a tree in a lethal manner. So did Littleballs the goblin terrorist. Even Zara tried to live up to her name, but was foiled by the goblin apothecary.

The game started with goblins' offence. They couldn't advance much, however, and thankfully the chainsaw kept kicking back. The mistake was probably having the ball carrier rush through the middle without adequate protection. He was brougt low by the halflings who got the ball. They also had the manpower to get it to the other end, thanks to the diminishing number of goblins and Zara who played the halflings' guardian angel. The end of the first half saw a couple more goblins getting injured.

The second half began with the murder of Shortleap. The goblins were pushed back, but Littleballs retaliated with his balls of explosion. A particularly spectacular exchange of bombs followed when a bomb changed hands five times before it exploded harmlessly. Soon another one was thrown and this one found its mark. Two trees were felled as well as the ball carrying halfling. The fallen trees left quite a gap which the goblins were quick to exploit. Tiny picked up the ball and advanced, protected by other goblins. Fortunately Zara found her way through the lines to blitz the ball carrier. The goblins' advance was halted. A lucky intercept of a bomb by Zara enabled the halflings to continue their offensive. Deeproot ended Littleballs' menace with a blitz and James Brownie got the ball. A wee goblin thrown backwards was able to get a blitz on him, but fortunately that resulted in self-inflicted turnover. Touchdown on turn 16.

So, the end result was 2-0 for It Came for Dessert. Nuffle was generous towards me and kept causing awkward turnovers and injuries for Vexing Vision. Thanks, Nuffle! Sorry, VV!

ntw
19-06-2012, 08:54 AM
ntw! We must play - how's sunday morning set for you? 10am, bright and early?

10am on Sunday I was enjoying a relaxing breakfast in Valencia :)

However normal service has now been resumed. I'm back and should be around from tonight onwards for games, I'd prefer to get my DOD match in tonight if at all possible though, because I hear the guy running that league is a monster if you miss a deadline...

groovychainsaw
19-06-2012, 09:22 AM
yeah, he's a right bastard....

I've got 3 games I'm trying to arrange for my free thurs night so far, so it may have to be the weekend again. Sunday morning again, this time with less 'Spain' involved? (hope you had a nice time!).

ntw
19-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Sunday mornings are pretty bad tbh, evenings are best!

Spain was great, it was an exhausting family wedding, but great.

Screwie
19-06-2012, 09:44 AM
Might be a tight fit after my 5:30 kick off for my DoD game. But its never possible to tell how long a game will take.

Sorry Gorm, I am free for a match Wednesday, Thursday or Friday night if you can make it?

Gorm
19-06-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm free after 6 wednesday and possibly thursday.

Screwie
19-06-2012, 09:57 PM
Cool, I am free after 8pm so will look for you tomorrow.

ntw
20-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Gah!

We found time to play tonight, I'm sorry that we did.

groovychainsaw
20-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Yeah, sorry ntw, bashy ogres bashed for an entire receiving half, injuring 5 (or 6?) but failing to score much. The second half ntw was scuppered first by me getting to redeploy on kickoff and then by an abject failure to do any damage and a turnover before retrieving the ball, allowing me free to grab the ball and attack again. By turn 14 all his players were lying down. I kindly didn't foul them, so ntw forced me to score (tactical error - I'm too nice - should have done more fouling!). This opened the opportunity, but I needn't have worried as his dice still didn't really like him. Whilst he got into position for the throw, the chainsaw backfired and caused a turnover on the last turn. A both down on the last turn got me a serious concussion for of my ogres (-AV). I should have just hit end game rather than attacked the trolls...
Still, looks like I'm heading for the finals! With 6 ogres now (one mng due to the concussion), I'm well placed to get some SERIOUS inducements used against me :-)

Gorm
20-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Just played screwies goblins with my goblins and managed to beat him 2-1 some how. Officials say lots of luck was involved.

moondogjazz
21-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Whoops, sorry Nie I forgot to look at the forum recently so only just saw your post. How are you available for Sunday?

NieA7
21-06-2012, 11:35 PM
Whoops, sorry Nie I forgot to look at the forum recently so only just saw your post. How are you available for Sunday?

Sunday will be fine, I probably be hanging about on Steam on and off but is there any particular time you want to go for?

moondogjazz
22-06-2012, 06:41 AM
How about 2pm?

NieA7
22-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Sounds good, see you then.

NieA7
24-06-2012, 03:36 PM
The Philanthropists (Gobbo, me) vs. Green Goopants (Gobbo, Moondogjazz)

Well, that was a massacre. Not so much in terms of the scoreline or anything, just in terms of broken gobbos. Fortunately they were all Moondog's - while I only suffered 1 BH all match (the chainsaw loony, of course) by the end despite having a full roster plus Ripper Moondog was down to just 2 trolls and 3 gobbos. Diving Tackle proved lethal all match, now I've got a fair spread of it over the team it really helped lock the pitch down, ultimately securing a 2-0 win for The Philanthropists. A rookie gobbo got a level, while Shakira the Troll reached 31SPP and Walt Disney, gibbering AV6 pogoer, made it to 52SPP, meaning he's the most successful player I've ever had in Cyanide. Here's hoping for a double so he can get tackle...

Think that was the last match for this round, apologies for the delay. Providing I manage to beat Vex I think I might just be able to claw my way into the quarters, assuming the results fall the right way elsewhere. Trouble is the same it true for Vex, so this should be a good match.

So, Vexing Vision, I will fight you! Should be free the rest of today, plus Tuesday and Wednesday evening (20:00BST on). I'll be gone from then until the next Tuesday night though, so it'd be good if we could fit the match in before then.

Screwie
24-06-2012, 04:05 PM
Oof, sounds like a brutal game.

I've rolled on the day - provisional deadline for the final match before the play-offs is the 4th July!

Vexing Vision
24-06-2012, 04:10 PM
So, Vexing Vision, I will fight you! Should be free the rest of today, plus Tuesday and Wednesday evening (20:00BST on). I'll be gone from then until the next Tuesday night though, so it'd be good if we could fit the match in before then.

Oh, today would actually work for me.

I'm half-sick and half-exhausted and half-asleep and half-drunk, but that's only getting worse for the rest of the week so let's get this over with!

Vexing Vision
25-06-2012, 08:24 AM
The match went as all my recent matches went. Heaps of odd bad luck (one notable incident involved 4 1s in a row causing two first move turn-overs), quick elimination of most of my poor goblins by turn 6 and then not being able to do anything while being steamrollered.

It only ended 2-0 due to some modicum of restraint of NiA7's aptly named Philantrophists, I suppose. :)

ntw
25-06-2012, 08:46 AM
Gorm-ey-poos, we're up next big fella. When is good for you?

Screwie
25-06-2012, 09:28 AM
El Cubo, when can you play our game? I can fit you in Thursday or Friday evening, or next weekend.

El Cubo
25-06-2012, 09:35 AM
I'll try to squeeze into the Thursday evening, then. Is 6pm UK time okay?

Screwie
25-06-2012, 09:40 AM
I'm afraid it will have to be 8pm or later, I tend to get out of work late.

El Cubo
25-06-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm afraid it will have to be 8pm or later, I tend to get out of work late.

No worries, I can stay up late. 8pm it is.

groovychainsaw
25-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Poor moondog, not only did you just get a battering from nie, but your final match of the season is against my mighty mighty ogres :-(. Sorry bout this. When are you free to play this week? Most evenings should be ok for me.

Let it be noted that when I say mighty mighty ogres, I don't expect to win, but more injuries for your team are likely I'm afraid ;-).

Gorm
25-06-2012, 06:54 PM
ntw any time this week is fine really, i cant do saturday during the day but i can do most evenings, except friday and saturday.

ntw
25-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Hrm, maybe later this evening then? Depending on Wife/Babe/etc

If I get a chance to logon and I see you on Steam, I'll poke you, and we can do minature battle!

Gorm
25-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Sounds fine.

ntw
25-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Finally - an Honourable draw for my Gobbos, well as honourable as any game involving Gobbos ever is...

They have left it FAR TOO LATE to start getting the hang of Blood Bowl though, useless little green tits.

First half went all Gorm's way, second half was mine.

NieA7
25-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Walt Disney did indeed roll a double for his skill, gifting me a 7/2/3/6 Block/Tackle/Dodge/Leap/Extra Long Legs/Sidestep/Sure Feet maniac. In addition to this his hat leveled up:
http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i392/NieAUnder7/Walt.jpg
The combination of team colours and new hat make him look like a Klan member.

The match went as all my recent matches went. Heaps of odd bad luck (one notable incident involved 4 1s in a row causing two first move turn-overs), quick elimination of most of my poor goblins by turn 6 and then not being able to do anything while being steamrollered.

It only ended 2-0 due to some modicum of restraint of NiA7's aptly named Philantrophists, I suppose. :)

At Vexing Vision's suggestion I've run the match through BBManager, which confirmed my feeling of how it went. It was a funny game - VV's luck wasn't bad (1.79 D6, 0.80 2D6, 33% block) but mine was better (6.77, 12.71, 67%). That only really shows how misleading stats can be though - when I failed something it tended to be non-critical: a troll going stupid on a blitz that I could cover, a flubbed pickup deep in my half or in a cage and so on. When VV failed something it was usually traumatic: the bombardier's scattered bomb that knocked down both gobbos he had blocking my carrier, repeated failed dodges/landings resulting in injuries, trolls going really stupid when a throw team mate was needed. Brutal stuff.

And I was busting a gut to score TDs, I just wasn't doing it very well. In the first drive I was trying to make use of my secret weapons before they got sent off by using them both to foul, but they each got sent off one after the other eating two turns I otherwise would've scored on. In the second half I scored faster but then couldn't break through to reclaim the ball on VVs drive, then didn't leave players far enough up the pitch when it was ultimately spilled. Can't complain about 2-0 though, especially with only 1 BH throughout the entire game for me (I think VV was down to about 6 players at the end, despite having a roster of 16).

Screwie
28-06-2012, 04:18 PM
That pogoer is evil and must be stopped!

El Cubo
29-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I only now realized that pogoers aren't right stuff. If I'd known that, I wonder if I'd have done some things differently during the league.

Screwie
29-06-2012, 09:27 AM
The star player pogo Scrappa Sorehead actually does have Right Stuff. He makes for a very good TTM tool, especially with Sprint and Sure Feet too. Although Loner might cause you to botch the landing.

Actually the star player bombardier Bomber Dribblesnot has Right Stuff too.... although I'm not sure how useful that is. :)

groovychainsaw
29-06-2012, 03:14 PM
@Screwie - You can throw him into range, then throw a bomb :-) Seems pretty handy, that.

@Moondogjazz - where are you? I haven't seen you on steam and my ogres are getting hungry :-)

El Cubo
29-06-2012, 03:28 PM
@Screwie - You can throw him into range, then throw a bomb :-) Seems pretty handy, that.

Not on the same turn, though :( It's sad that you can't hand-off a bomb.

e: Scratch that, bombardier doesn't use pass action.

ChainsawHands
29-06-2012, 03:38 PM
I think you should be able to TTM then throw a bomb. Bombardier doesn't use a pass action, and the rules just say he can't be prone or stunned, and can't take any other actions - TTM's an action for the big guy, so as long as the bombardier makes the landing it seems like it should work.

Of course, I'm not actually sure if Bomber Dribblesnot's in the Cyanide version or not, and the regular bombardier doesn't have right stuff, so I don't imagine it comes up very often...

Everblue
29-06-2012, 03:48 PM
Of course, I'm not actually sure if Bomber Dribblesnot's in the Cyanide version or not, and the regular bombardier doesn't have right stuff, so I don't imagine it comes up very often...

He's in the Chaos Edition iirc

Screwie
29-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Bomber's not in it yet, but he has been confirmed from screenshots as one of the star players in the Chaos Edition.

It would be interesting to try, but since the tactic involves all the following rolls...
2+ Really Stupid (unless Ripper)
2+ Always Hungry (unless Ripper)
3+ Throw Team Mate
4+ landing/not getting Stunned on landing
...from a pair of Loners, before you even get to throw the bomb, I don't see it taking off somehow. :)

El Cubo
29-06-2012, 04:08 PM
If you would have an orc team with Bomber and a HMP thrower, could you throw him the ball and then let him throw it as a HMP pass?

ChainsawHands
29-06-2012, 04:21 PM
You mean throw the bomb from Bomber to the HMP thrower, then use HMP to rethrow the bomb? If so... yes, that should work.

Screwie
29-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I've never actually tried to pass the bomb to a friendly player. I must do this.

Squiz
29-06-2012, 04:53 PM
If you would have an orc team with Bomber and a HMP thrower, could you throw him the ball and then let him throw it as a HMP pass?You've only got one throw action per turn, so I guess it doesn't work. Can't access the rules atm, but there should be something about this case in there.

Screwie
29-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Bomb throwing doesn't count as your pass action, and the bomb has to be thrown continually until it hits the floor. Really the question is if you throw the bomb to an ally, do they get to try and catch it?

Heliocentric
29-06-2012, 05:26 PM
Bomb throwing doesn't count as your pass action, and the bomb has to be thrown continually until it hits the floor. Really the question is if you throw the bomb to an ally, do they get to try and catch it?

The bomb doesn't discriminate.

ChainsawHands
29-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Bombs are caught or intercepted just like the ball, so yes they do.

Gorm
29-06-2012, 05:33 PM
Do any passing skills help trolls throw team mate?

ChainsawHands
29-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes, they do. Although HMP explicitly says it can't be used with TTM, if that's what you're wondering. ;-)

Gorm
29-06-2012, 07:30 PM
It was. Ah that would have been funny.

Heliocentric
29-06-2012, 08:00 PM
It was. Ah that would have been funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91rxrmzavgA

moondogjazz
01-07-2012, 07:06 PM
@Moondogjazz - where are you? I haven't seen you on steam and my ogres are getting hungry :-)

How about Monday evening, about 7pm?

groovychainsaw
02-07-2012, 07:00 AM
Hi moondog, might be a little bit late back from work tonight but I can do 8pm instead?

moondogjazz
02-07-2012, 05:20 PM
ok, 8pm tonight.

Squiz
02-07-2012, 06:14 PM
Alright, I want to be part of this. Have my love and my application!

groovychainsaw
02-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Hi moondog running a bit late stuck on train. Should be in in about 1/2 hour?

NieA7
02-07-2012, 11:42 PM
Sooo, now we're just moving into the quarters is it too early to start thinking about next season? I'd still like to see skink/krox teams allowed for a bit more variation. Once the Chaos edition is out will we let Underworld gobbo/troll teams in? With mutations they could be OP, though if they follow the published roster they'll only be allowed 12 gobbos and re-rolls at 70k which should go a long way towards balancing things.

Screwie
03-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Well I was going to wait until after the play-offs, but we can talk about it now!

Given that this league has a record of changing season-to-season with the group format and the extras like Inducements (all right, so two is not a long record but its consistent!), I am all for changing up the format once again and looking at a new team or two.

The BIG issue with allowing unofficial teams like the skinks is that I will have to start policing the unofficial team rosters. To make no bones about it I will have a two-strikes policy - break the rules and bring a disallowed player into a match? I'll reset the match and ask you to fire the player. If it happens again, your team is gone for the season. I seriously don't expect anyone to violate this rule as the whole point of this league is setting yourself a challenge through handicap, but don't give into the dark side and hire those Saurus!

So, without further ado, let's talk about introducing restricted (or 'stunted') teams to the Stunty league :D

---

General 'Stunted' Rules
1. The roster we invent trumps the roster in-game or anywhere else. By the restrictions of a video game we won't be altering the cost, skills or TRR costs of any team, merely the type and number of players allowed.
2. Star Player options are unchanged, even if the team can't field a non-star version of that particular Star Player's race (looking at you, Slibli).

The following roster ideas are not final and both their inclusion and composition are certainly open to debate.

Skinks Team
Suggested Roster:
(based on Lizardmen)
0-16 Skinks
0-1 Kroxigor
Pros:
Fast! MA 8 means they will outpace other Stunties on land.
Cons:
Expensive! 60k each makes skinks the most expensive linemen in the league. They're no more hardy than a goblin but cost 50% more. Expect team bloat and a pile of inducements against you.
They are the only Stunties that can't be thrown.
Less muscle. With only one big guy, this team loses out on strength.

Rotters Team
Suggested Roster:
(based on Nurgle)
0-16 Rotters
0-1 Beast of Nurgle
Pros:
Muscle! ST 3+ across the board gives the rotters a bashing edge.
Mutations! Free delicious Mutation access.
General skill access gives the team skills that Stunties would be jealous of.
Tentacles! There may be only one of them but the Beast of Nurgle will be a pest for Stunty teams.
Cons:
You're a slow side with AG 2. (EDIT: Not true, it's AG 3)
Decay! Most of your team will fall apart.
No apothecary.
The Beast is as dumb as troll. Just saying.

Walking Dead Team
Suggested Roster:
(based on Necromantic)
0-16 Zombies
Pros:
ST 3 across the board.
Regeneration. This could potentially be the hardiest team in the league.
General skills!
Cons:
Slow and unagile. Even slower than Rotters.
No big guy at all.
No apothecary.
Will require some brrraaaains to win *ahem*

Snotling Team
All-snots are more than welcome, however there you may as well use the standard Ogre squad. I won't stop you hiring Ogres later if you get desperate.

Underworld Team
In theory these guys should be a good fit. HOWEVER the team limit on goblins is 12, not 16. Unless this changes in Cyanide's game, at least the 2 skaven linemen would be needed for a roster of 15 or they would be critically undermanned. Not sure how I feel about that as it's very rapidly approaching the strength of the full team.

---

So yes, this is a bit mad. Let me know what you think about adding any/all/none of these to the league for next season.

Gorm
03-07-2012, 12:33 PM
The all rotter team sounds a bit OP. But then again i think the lizard team will be too fast so what do i know.

Screwie
03-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I am most on the fence about the Rotters. Taking out the Beast would surely be more than enough to neuter them but at the same time it would remove the only non-Decay player on the squad... is that too much?

There's no doubt they will end up a bashy team but they have their own crippling weakness built in. Having said that they are AG 3 (not 2 as I assumed earlier), so maybe it is worth rethinking the inclusion of the Beast.

The Skinks will probably score a lot. But you are paying through the nose for them and most teams can at least chuck players (or worse) in their direction to slow them down. A rookie skink team is going to have a lot of trouble breaking cages, in particular.

I expect skinks to turn out like the annoying elves of the Stunty world, great on offense but not so great on defense.

Heliocentric
03-07-2012, 01:36 PM
Walking Dead Team must be necro because undead teams recruits gets turned into skeletons in the post match process.

Just an fyi.

Screwie
03-07-2012, 01:51 PM
Cheers, amended the post.

groovychainsaw
03-07-2012, 02:00 PM
I'm still sceptical about the lizards team, but maybe I'd need to see one in action first - its the MA8 that concerns me - you can get more than 2 GFI's away in one turn in a foot race with my entire team (all MA5!), so i suddenly have to play 'strategy' and use a 'safety' to hold you off. Still, only one strong guy vs 6 ogres? Maybe it's not so bad ;-).

The rotters I suspect would still do very well, with or without the beast, due to team-wide access to general skills (block and dauntless being the most telling in a stunty league, where no-one else can get these on anything other than doubles). Walking dead likewise, although I suspect they wouldn't be much fun to play as? Bit like dwarves, if dwarves had no skills :-).

Heliocentric
03-07-2012, 03:30 PM
Walking dead likewise, although I suspect they wouldn't be much fun to play as? Bit like dwarves, if dwarves had no skills :-).
Why do you think fouling rose to my behaviour? A rot team isn't too bad, recruits go some way to offset the extra injury financially. AG3 ST3 pretty exceptional in a stunty league. If anything I'd allow walking dead 1 mummy before allowing a beast of Nurgle. Krox and Skinks would be pretty powerful leveled up, but the team could get crippled too. Lose a few players, be forced to lean on a loner Krox?

Not good.

Of these teams rotters(sans beast) seems the most 'stunty appropriate (bar snots only).

Everblue
03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
Surely a goblin team with two trolls and a chainsaw will make a horrible mess of a rotter team. Do rotters even have access to dodge?

Heliocentric
03-07-2012, 05:36 PM
Surely a goblin team with two trolls and a chainsaw will make a horrible mess of a rotter team. Do rotters even have access to dodge?

Rotters can get block however. Block and tackle for the stunties dauntless and block for the big basts, ST3 pro. Easy access to kick is always good.

NieA7
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
I think for me the defining features of stunty teams are no access to general skills and more players with Stunty that without. On those lines I'm not sure what to think of all zombie or rotter teams. Rotters are average speed for stunties, AV8 and Ag3 - while decay will hurt the team in the long run on a match by match basis they'll probably be able to horribly overpower every team except ogre's (and with normal access to Block, Dauntless and Claw it'd only take a few skill ups to threaten them too). While a rookie zombie team would be manageable in the long run the normal access to general skills could be lethal. They'd be cheap (16 with 3 re-rolls would be TV850), have access to excellent mercenaries (Ghoul for 100k, Wight for 120k, Golem for 140k and Werewolf/Mummy for 150k), Sure Hands would help overcome the Ag problem, while Block and Tackle coupled with strength 3 could easily tear up (non-Ogre) teams. That said they'd be damn slow with poor Ag and low MV, so a better bet than the rotter team. A mix of skeletons and zombies could be interesting too, for once the extra 1MV of the skeleton would be worth something. Might even consider allowing one or two mummies, though that may be too much. Not sure they'd be fun to play though.

As for Nurgle's Rot and the necromancer raising the dead, both only work on non-stunty, non-regenerate players, and Nurgle's Rot also fails on other players with rot and anything higher than strength 4 (at least according to the rules, not sure if cyanide have a different idea). As far as I know both the Necro and Undead necromancer should raise a zombie, not a skeleton.

While I've only thought about it rather than actually tried it out I suspect a skink/krox team would be fair. While the skinks are flat out the best stunty player an all skink-team would be very expensive (970TV for 10 skinks, 1 krox, 3 re-rolls and an apo). A skink is just as squishy as a gobbo, and they wouldn't get any of the fringe benefits the other stunty teams have (throw team mate, cheap bribes/chef, outrageous amounts of strength/MB etc). A full roster of 15 skinks, 1 krox, apo and 3 re-rolls would be an eye-watering TV1270, the elf comparison is a good one. I'm keen to let them in for a season, if anyone picks them up and runs away with every match they can always be barred from following seasons.

I think Underworld with 12 gobbos and 1 troll would be fair game. Going on the "no normal access to general skills" principle I think it would be OK to disallow any skaven on the roster and effectively limit them to 13 players (after all a normal gobbo team will usually include 2 to 3 secret weapons that can only play for one drive and are just as likely to hurt their own team as anyone else). Don't forget, with normal access to mutations an underworld gobbo/troll is flat out better than a normal gobbo/troll at no extra cost. Finally, a mere 120k inducement gives you a skaven blitzer mercenary for a match, which in stunty terms is a star player. For 170k they could get a skaven blitzer with tackle, who'd be death on legs for most teams. Only having 13 players on the roster would be a problem, but I imagine the combination of mutants and mercenaries would level the playing field. I'd be keen to give them a try like that to be honest.

TL:DR -

Rotters sound like they'd be too powerful, with or without the Beast, thanks to 5/3/3/8 and normal access to general and mutation skills.
Zombies might be OK, not sure about that so I'll bow to the consensus. If they're let in I've a mild preference for a mixed zombie/skeleton roster (and possibly 1-2 mummies) for variety.
Skinks sound awesome on paper but I think they'd suffer from attrition and TV bloat (Elf syndrome) to balance things. Keen to let them in next season.
An Underworld roster limited to the troll and gobbos sounds fair to me, especially given it'd be cheap and the skaven could be taken as mercenary inducements. Disclaimer: I'd like to play this team so I'm probably bias.

Heliocentric
03-07-2012, 06:31 PM
Rotters mutate access is double only btw.

Heliocentric
03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
So could a lizard team take a tackle saurus as a merc?

NieA7
03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Rotters mutate access is double only btw.

Rotters have normal access to mutations in LRB6 (http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m2350017a_m780049a_Blood_Bowl_Competition_Rules.pd f), though I don't know if Cyanide have done something different.

So could a lizard team take a tackle saurus as a merc?

I don't see why not balance-wise, though given skinks are already expensive I doubt it'll happen that often.

Screwie
03-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Ok a few things:

Sorry, absolutely no Mummies. The zombie option is more a thematic one, really, but I like it. I could be persuaded to allow both linemen types (maybe have Necro as the zombie team and Undead as the skeleton/mixed team) but I am very hesitant to give a team with ST 3, Regeneration and General skill access any form of pseudo big-guy. Personally I love the zombie horde theme but other people may want more, that's fine.

We could also look at a Khemri skeleton team, with up to 2 tomb guardians perhaps?

If you want to play in an Underworld side with a maximum of 13 on the roster I'll happily oblige.

Merc options will obey the limitations of whatever roster we decide on. That means no Saurus for Lizards. I apologise for not listing this earlier - it's how I've always pcitured it but slipped my mind while I was writing the rules bit, so sorry about that. That also means a rotter or zombie (and/or skelly) team will be limited to just those players, too.

Sorry no time to flesh out my thoughts further, I'll chat more later. Sorry for being curt.

NieA7
03-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Hmm... An all zombie team would be fun thematically, as would an all skeleton team (and I can see the appeal of not letting them mix from a league perspective, I'm just not sure how much fun a coach would have), but if you don't let zombies have mummies I don't think skeletons should get guardians.

As for mercs, if it's in keeping with a theme I agree that zombies, skeletons and rotters should only be allowed to take themselves as mercs (though I still think rotters would be a bit OP), but I'd be fine with skinks and underworld taking mercs from their full team roster. Each only get one big guy rather than the standard stunty two, and mercs are pretty expensive for what they are. If we ignore the outliers in the current cup then the TVs are between 1,020 and 1,490 - I don't think a 1,020 skink team taking two tackle saurus and a babe for that game would be unbalanced.

Screwie
04-07-2012, 11:42 AM
A Skink team with 2 saurus is almost a normal Lizardman team, though. A basic saurus merc is only 110k, and you could just happily spend that ~450TV difference on 4 of them. I think it's just too strong. And aren't we already worried about Skinks being a little overpowered?

NieA7
04-07-2012, 12:24 PM
But a skink team would already be expensive so the chances of getting that much inducement money against anything other than ogre's is already pretty low. Plus Ag1/no block is already a turnover machine before you consider loner. They'd be OP on the roster as they'd be cheaper and could gain skills (particularly block and tackle), but as mercs I think they could be managed. Happy to bow to the general consensus though.

groovychainsaw
04-07-2012, 02:16 PM
You could give them all block as mercs (at a cost). So my ogres *could* be faced with 3/4/5 block sauruses (given that my 6 ogres now cost me wayyyy too much, at nearly 1800tv). I'd still have the strength advantage, but I have bonehead to contend with, making me less reliable. You slightly lose the feel of the stunty league against a *potential* team of tough, strong players - the teams should all have nasty handicaps really (most big guys have this handicap built in), strong guys without handicaps are probably too reliable..

Skinks and a single krox would be fairly competitive though, I'd be willing to play them, although I continue to suspect MA8 would be the killer that might make them 'too good', but thats only after playing wood elves with a previous ogre team where I lost about 6-0 because i literally could not get near them.

NieA7
04-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Whereas 6 ogres facing off against a load of gobbos or flings is totally fair and above board :p Speaking of which GC it appears we've got a quarter final to play...

groovychainsaw
04-07-2012, 05:54 PM
No general skills + 1/2 a team with bonehead proves somewhat of a handicap... But I see your point. As for playing, let's aim for Sunday morning? If you see me on steam before then though I'm probably free :)

Screwie
04-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Whereas 6 ogres facing off against a load of gobbos or flings is totally fair and above board :p

Actually it is, since they are all Tier 3 teams :P

NieA7
04-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Actually it is, since they are all Tier 3 teams :P

True that, though it'll be interesting to see now that GC's got 6 ogres whether he can simply outpower every other stunty team. Flings and gobbos are tier 3 in the same way (agile but weak and squashy), but Ogre's are tier three thanks to being unreliable - fatal against normal teams, but there's often not that much stunties can do to take advantage of it. Hopefully I'll prove myself wrong though :)

And Sunday should be fine, see you then (or before) GC.

groovychainsaw
05-07-2012, 09:15 AM
Statistically, Ogres are worse than both flings AND gobbos and are officially the worst team in the game. However, I may have pushed the stats in my favour by having one ag3 ogre and one block/pro ogre. :-D

Screwie
05-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Next time we meet I will have to take aim at that Progre :P

Has the day been rolled on, by the way? I'm afraid I've been busy the past couple of evenings and not had time to admin the league yet (or check the fixtures are correct in-game).

And bah, I missed out on the playoffs by one measly point! It was that final game against Gorm :(

---

As for Skinks - I think as groovy says, the speed will give them the edge on Ogre teams. Every team is giving up in some ST to ogres but big guys rarely have the skills to knock down stunties. I'm happy with their outnumbered big guy, lack of ST options and high cost to be the balancing factor for Skink teams - just as the zombies are slow as snails and rotters fall apart like confetti to counter their relatively high ST and General skill access.

If anything I would rather play it cautious and have it turn out that the team needs some boosting later, rather than steamrolling everyone and needing a nerf or worse. Skinks will prove some unique challenges against most stunty teams, not least because they could move an entire 9-man cage across the opposing end zone in two turns. Having a lousy defense not only gives the Skink team a weak spot, but also gives their coach some interesting problems and choices to resolve.

They aren't goign to be defenceless either - for a comparable example, trolls are so slow that Goblin team defensive plays are almost entirely Stunty-based anyway.

Gorm
05-07-2012, 12:51 PM
Sorry Scewie, I dont think i'll make it through this round i just had some really lucky games at the end there.

El Cubo
05-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Sorry Scewie, I dont think i'll make it through this round i just had some really lucky games at the end there.

You know what? I feel the same way! Let's find out who's right! Maybe some evening this week?

e: After the day is rolled on, that is.

Screwie
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
e: After the day is rolled on, that is.

It hasn't? I will sort that out tonight.

El Cubo
05-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Just came across these halfling team variants:
http://www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/fanatic/84hhab.pdf

They look fun. Cyanide should have added these sort of gameplay variants as DLC and they would have made millions. (As they kinda did with Dungeon Bowl but I hear it's bad.)

Screwie
05-07-2012, 04:09 PM
I quite like the (bonkers) alternative rosters in the FUMBBL Stunty Leeg (http://fumbbl.com/help:Stunty+Leeg+Central) myself. :)

Screwie
05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
Okay the day's been rolled on to the Season 2 semi-finals! Get your play-offs on!

Gorm
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
An evening this week or next sounds good El Cubo. I can do any time after 3 on Sunday.

El Cubo
05-07-2012, 09:50 PM
An evening this week or next sounds good El Cubo. I can do any time after 3 on Sunday.

Saturday evening, then? Any time after 4pm UK time should do.

NieA7
06-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Oh, just realised I'll be out for Sunday morning - should be around from about 12:00 on if that's OK GC.

groovychainsaw
07-07-2012, 01:54 PM
I'll be watching the grand prix at 1pm I'm afraid nie - maybe we can catch up one evening (I might be on later on sunday, but can't guarantee it!)

NieA7
07-07-2012, 04:06 PM
I'll be watching the grand prix at 1pm I'm afraid nie - maybe we can catch up one evening (I might be on later on sunday, but can't guarantee it!)

Well, it's the farmer's market keeping me busy Sunday morning but if the weather's like it is now I may be around anyway. I'll see if I can catch you in the AM (though don't hang about on the off chance), otherwise I should be free on Tuesday, thursday or Friday after 20:00 BST.

El Cubo
07-07-2012, 09:36 PM
It Came for Dessert vs. Groms Gittz

A rematch! Halflings and goblins confronted each other again. The previous match between the teams resulted in nine injured halflings and two touchdowns scored against. Painful memories, but now, a revenge must be had. A revanche!

So the halflings win the coin toss and choose to receive first. Halfling cookery was super effective and stole the full 3 rolls from the gobbos. Full of adrenaline they started the game with a quick snap. Plenty of beating during the first drive: For once, Zara got the drop on a chainsaw before she could get sawn and sent the gobbo off badly hurt. The niggled halfling Simon Soufflé kicked the bucket, goblin pogoer, too. A troll got badly hurt but regenerated. A halfling or two got injured and a couple of knock-outs for both teams. Touchdown on turn 7. Not much happened at the end. The gobbos were forced to field the bombardier who got to throw one bomb without any effect.

At the start of the second half the halflings took their opponents by surprise again. A fortuitous decision to kick short let the halflings swarm the ball's landing spot. After a couple of turns the halflings secured the ball and slowly started to move it forward. But the goblin defense was so tight that it was hard to move forward and I was starting to suffer from halfling attrition from all the knock-outs. Also, the other treeman took root so, against my better judgement I tried for a quick resolution and had him toss the ball carrier. When the landing failed the goblins swarmed for the ball. My players weren't in a position to harry them much, so they scored easily soon after on turn 15 or so.

Cheering fans brought extra cheer for the halflings. Touchback also worked to their favor. Zara helped the halflings advance by the sideline. The attack started well, but it lacked adequate protection. The side stepping goblin hitmen brought the ball carrier down, but fortunately Zara caught the bouncing ball. She proved hard for the goblins to tackle, but tackle her they did when she attempted to go for the touchdown. Thing started looking pretty volatile as the ball bounced around. When the ball eventually passed the sideline, the crowd fortunately threw it almost right where it started. From there it was picked up by a halfling who finally scored the touchdown despite the side stepping goblin who simply refused to fall down.

The Gits had a couple of turns to try to score but TTM goal attempt failed at hand-off.

A good game. Nuffle seemed to favor me when the small things mattered. The overtime rule gave me, the first receiver advantage.

Gorm
07-07-2012, 10:40 PM
It was a good game El Cubo, i tried threw some goblins around but didnt play very well. Too busy playing like the halflings had better armour and standing off when i should have just jumped in and trusted in my higher av.

groovychainsaw
09-07-2012, 09:05 AM
I played nie last night, and for all his grumbling about me having 6 ogres, he still won it in the end, putting an end to my unbeaten run (since the first game - where i lost to nie - i see a pattern emerging here). I like to think I only lost because I didn't understand the overtime rules (having not played overtime before!). I made a mad dash to score, turn 16, thinking there would be a kickoff. Errr, no, the game just continues for another 4 turns. And I just threw the ball at nie's best player. Ooops.

If I'd have known the rules I'd have just caged up with the ogre instead and would have had a good chance of winning (although my ball handling had fallen to bits in the second half), but I guess I've learnt yet another blood bowl lesson the hard way.
Good luck with the final, nie!

Screwie
09-07-2012, 09:58 AM
Yeah Cyanide's overtime rules are not consistent with the tabletop overtime rules, surprise surprise.

NieA7
09-07-2012, 02:15 PM
I played nie last night, and for all his grumbling about me having 6 ogres, he still won it in the end, putting an end to my unbeaten run (since the first game - where i lost to nie - i see a pattern emerging here).

Grumbling's probably a fair way of putting it - it was how I expressed my feelings on playing the most terrifying BB match I've ever been part of. Even with Ripper there was nothing but Str5 murder everywhere, and for the first half at least even the crowd was against me - both kick offs were riots that laid out half my team while leaving GC largely untouched. Certainly had some good luck elsewhere though, especially with Break Tackle (they both managed to dodge into tackle zones at critical points), and the ball finally spilling out with the thrown snot on turn 16 did turn the tide. GC's cage was a bit wobbly (one ogre was having a bit of a ponder, another was KO'd, two were busy asking Ripper for an autograph and the other two were toe to toe with the trolls) but cracking it would've still been a big ask.

Seem to remember I got through to the final last time on some pretty outrageous luck, only to lose the last match to some terrible luck - Nuffle has a way of leveling these things in the long run.

So, El Cubo, it's final time! Should be free tomorrow, Thursday and Friday evenings after 20:00BST.

El Cubo
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
So, El Cubo, it's final time! Should be free tomorrow, Thursday and Friday evenings after 20:00BST.

Tomorrow should work. 20:00 sharp?

NieA7
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Tomorrow should work. 20:00 sharp?

Fine by me, see you then (not sure if the day's been rolled on though Screwie, could you check?).

In general have we decided if any extra teams will be allowed in next season? It'd be nice to advertise a bit in the Divs and Challenge threads ;) If I remember correctly...

Yes to skinks/krox with all star players but no saurus mercs.
Maybe to all skeleton or all zombie teams with all star players and no mercs
Maybe to all rotter teams
No to rotter/beast teams

Personally I could be convinced to try out skeleton and/or zombie teams but rotters feel like too much of an ask (decay only let's you roll on the casualty table twice, not the injury table, so they're no more likely to be injured than any other AV8 player - that coupled with Ag3 as well as general and mutation access sounds like too much to handle). If we wanted an all Ag3 team I'd prefer to test out all-Thralls - 1MV faster but only AV7 and no mutation access, with the same expensive rerolls.

Heliocentric
09-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Yeah, rotters are too much. But are zombies/skeletons going to screw things up with G access and ST3? Teams with lots of block and regeneration might be a tough nut for anything but ogres.

El Cubo
09-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Yeah, rotters are too much. But are zombies/skeletons going to screw things up with G access and ST3? Teams with lots of block and regeneration might be a tough nut for anything but ogres.

Well, it's like playing against a team with nothing but st4 players in a normal environment. I'm against having them in this league, but everything's worth a try.

Screwie
09-07-2012, 09:50 PM
Well, it's like playing against a team with nothing but st4 players in a normal environment. I'm against having them in this league, but everything's worth a try.

Well the closest analogy to a ST4 skill-less team is Chaos, and rookie Chaos lose a lot. Especially when every other team is packed with Dodge or ST5+, as bashing Stunties down without any blocking skills is hilariously ineffectual. Plus, Chaos are faster and get Strength access.

I am not keen on Thralls because MA6 would be one of the faster speeds in the league. I do think 6/3/3/7 would be much more worrying to face than 5/3/3/8 because with those stats the Thralls can both outrun and out-ST Halflings and Snots. It would make defense very tricky for those teams.

I really don't think the pure Rotter team would be a problem. They are the same speed or slower than all the teams bar Zombies, and Decay will help keep the team in check. They may have AV 8 but so do Zombies. They are AG 3 but not nearly as mobile as any Stunty player. They have no ready solutions against big guys other than their higher basic ST, which means one less guy needed to assist. I'm pretty sure ogre and goblin teams will destroy them, while halfling and skink teams will outscore them by miles. If not for their appalling MA, Zombies might be more trouble as Regeneration gives them a good chance of surviving in good shape long enough to reach veteran status.

Skeletons, not so sure but they lie somewhere between Zombies and Rotters on paper. They're faster than Zs but AV 7 helps reduce their lifespan despite their Regen.

Anyway if we don't agree on Rotters then I'm happy to wait a season and see how the ST3 undead team(s) work(s) out before looking at their inclusion. (I've also submitted a Rotter team to the Challenge league, if you want to test a Stunty team against them.)

For next season then:
Skink team (based on Lizardmen) - ok to include
Zombie team (based on Necromantic) - also ok
Skeleton (or Skel/Zombie mixed) team (based on Undead) - I'll go with the prevailing opinion
Rotter team (based on Nurgle) - prevailing opinion
Thralls team (based on Vampires) - nah

In all cases, the default star players are fine but mercs are limited to the allowed roster.

---

In other news, I've rolled on the day to the final!

Best of luck to both finalists, but especially the goblins! ;)

EDIT: Added more thoughts, above.

Heliocentric
09-07-2012, 10:23 PM
For next season then:
Skink team (based on Lizardmen) - ok
Zombie team (based on Necromantic) - ok
Skeleton (or Skel/Zombie mixed) team (based on Undead) - I'll go with the consensus
Rotter team (based on Nurgle) - I'll go with the consensus

In all cases, the default star players are fine but mercs are limited to the allowed roster.

A word on Undead Skeletons vs Zombies

1 AV for 1 MV+thick skull would be a big nothing for a generic replaceable linesman, but for your whole team?

1MV is a big deal by itself, allowing better coverage and better assists, without thick skull's curious synergy with Regeneration (half of all cas get regen, half of all KO get thick skull) I posit this:

A plain skeleton team is fine, it will get smashed about, outran and dodged but it is also relentless and immune to the worst brutalities of a stunty league, they have their own niche.

But a plain zombie team is rather useless, MV4 and stunty dodging opponents mean that the zombies can only be assured to get even a blitz in during the first turn of their receiving as goblins could wheel around, get 1 TD and spend the whole game dodging clear of the zombies.

I believe that the Zombie team will not be competitive, fun to play or even a fun opponent.

the 1AV a zombie gets over a skeleton is reduced in meaning by mighty blow big guys, chainsaw wielding goblins and of course, fouls.

With 3 assists AV8 foul is 6+ on 2D6 and an armour break is 26/36 likely, AV7 is only 30/36 so hardly much worse, you might say who would foul zombies/skeletons? Well, you raisethe issue that without skilled players, zombies and skeletons would have to specialise, the "+1AG, Sure Hands" Zombie would be just as much a target as any other ball carrier. Just as much likely to get brutalised, and lacking the speed to avoid it in any sense.

All zombie scoring plays would depend on a slow cage, meaning a high casualty rate and 1 or 2 TD per match max. Compare this with skeleton who could afford skills like fend and frenzy because of greater mobility.

Every time a zombie goes prone he has 1 square to move when he gets up without a gfi, a skelton has 2, this is a pretty huge difference for a team whose main ability is "getting back up".

So I Submit this suggestion.

All Zombie Necromancy teams are allowed 2 Flesh golems, these "medium" big guys will not change the teams top speed, they will not match regular big guys, they will not change all that much, but they do offer native stand firm, making cages more plausible and St access to allow guard and multiple block (abeit with assists) they are still a team of shamblers who will get the run around, but they get a strength of their own.

Screwie
09-07-2012, 10:34 PM
Tempting, but a little worried about allowing General and Strength access. Although at least Flesh Golems don't have Mighty Blow or Block out of the box.

What is your opinion of the zombie/skeleton mixed team?

Heliocentric
09-07-2012, 10:50 PM
What is your opinion of the zombie/skeleton mixed team?
To be fair, this is actually a fair answer to the main issues without forcing a GS player into the team ranks.

Zombies specialising in the Block+Dauntless+Pro side of things.
Skeletons better at Wrestle/Fend/Strip ball mobility hunting.

Yeah, FG are a bad idea, my bad.

Edit: Double skills worth strategic consideration

Skeleton: Sure feet, Jump up, Diving tackle, Leader, Hail Mary Pass, Dump off (no really, it confuses people enough to make it worth it but it needs pro on would be catchers and the dump off player which should be a strong contender for a second skill anyway**)
Zombies:Sidestep, Jump Up, Diving tackle, Leader, Hail Mary Pass,Thick skull (not actually taking the piss)

Pointless skills which might seem good: Dodge(stunty leagues are the home of tackle), Guard (you dont need assists vs St2 and ST5 are better jump marked rather than attacked), Mighty Blow (get pro instead if you really want to lie them down), Sneaky Git (Did the maths, its pointless, you go down from 11/36 pitch evictions per foul[assuming assists to get 100% break] to 11/36... Oh right, that's the same number, If you need a 10 to get a break you evict 18/36*) and never if you don't break, but that's not even useful strategically, unlike say block or sure feet which could actually make a difference in a game.

*3 outcomes make 10, one is a double, 2 outcomes make 11, no doubles, 1 outcome makes 12 its a double. 2 doubles in 6 numbers, multiplied by the 1/6 injury roll chance=12/36 then add the 6 evictions native to that roll =18/36

edit 2: I wasnt trying to make a playbook

If you have a cage of 6 Pro zombies each getting 1.5 chances to get the ball getting a fair chance to decide roughly where the ball ends up isn't so bad, and +1SPP for a successful zombie dump off is beyond badass.

potatoedoughnut
09-07-2012, 11:23 PM
Dump off seems pretty horrible with agi 2, you'd need a 5+ for the pass alone assuming only the blitzing TZ and no other markers. And then you have a 4+ catch to make. And having 6 pro zombies is silly. You'd be much better of taking things like block, sure hands, or tackle on them than pro.

I'd take MB on a block/tackle zombie over Pro, but pro has other uses which would be good on a general purpose player. I don't think I'd take any wrestle on a dead team. Stunties are unlikely to have much block (requires double) and the loss of MV is pretty crippling.

Taking thick skull on a double is silly. It's TV bloat and rarely useful. You'd be better off getting block or dodge (tackle needs a double for stunties) to avoid getting knocked down to begin with.

I'm looking forward to the next season. Should be interesting to see how the new teams perform!

Heliocentric
09-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Dump off seems pretty horrible with agi 2, you'd need a 5+ for the pass alone assuming only the blitzing TZ and no other markers. And then you have a 4+ catch to make. And having 6 pro zombies is silly. You'd be much better of taking things like block, sure hands, or tackle on them than pro.

The dump off is not meant to be a catch, its about you deciding where the ball drops and then pray for a catch on the tumbling ball, unless you fumble and then its probably dropping in your cage like normal.

Taking thick skull on a double is silly. It's TV bloat and rarely useful. You'd be better off getting block or dodge (tackle needs a double for stunties) to avoid getting knocked down to begin with.
A stunned zombie is still a valid member of a cage, a knocked out one who wasn't able to use dodge because he got hit by a tackler isn't.

I'd take MB on a block/tackle zombie over Pro, but pro has other uses which would be good on a general purpose player. I don't think I'd take any wrestle on a dead team. Stunties are unlikely to have much block (requires double) and the loss of MV is pretty crippling.

MB is great if you are trying to fight, but who is moving the ball for that 1-0 victory zombies claw at every match? Block+Pro is a much more useful combination than Block+MB when you consider its many utilities. Still, I am playing from a strange PoV here that winning is more important than injuries caused, one that's rather worrying me.

I accept wrestle is a weak choice and tackle is much better.

potatoedoughnut
10-07-2012, 12:13 AM
Regarding DO: If your zombie has block or dodge you're better off holding onto the ball than trying to pass it off. Your chances of getting knocked down with STR3 and block or dodge are lower than the chance of spilling the ball somewhere inconvenient. And the ball will have to be on the DO zombie, which won't always be the case considering limited MV. And DO is only useful in that rare situation, block or dodge or something will be useful many times.

Regarding Thick Skull: getting blocked by a player without tackle is much much more common than rolling an 8 for injury. Again it's a case of a very rare situation (8 on injury table) and a broadly applicable skill (dodge is useful when being blocked and for mobility (75% success of zombie dodge)).

Regarding MB: I agree that you're better off taking a myriad of skills before MB, but there are more skills I would take before pro.

I think you're better off sticking to the basics: block, tackle, sure hands (or dodge, jump up, side step on double) rather than trying to be fancy with extremely situational skills. Yes it will be awesome when you're thick skull comes into play or your dump off works. But those are situation that will happen maybe one in every 10 or 20 games where instead you could take skills that will help EVERY game.

This is true not only for a stunty league, but for DoD or Open or any random team you are developing. There is a reason that you rarely/never see some skills: they are just too situational to spend a skill and TV on taking.

NieA7
10-07-2012, 12:19 AM
Thematically I like the idea of a zombie and golem side, it's like zombie and zombie+. Doubt they'd be hugely fun to play, though I don't think golem's would be OP in a stunty league - general and strength access is great, but there are so many skills they need to be deadly (block, tackle, dauntless, guard, break tackle, mighty blow etc) they'd never get them all. In practical terms a zombie and skeleton team sounds like a better bet, although potentially too much to handle - 12 players and 3 re-rolls would only come to 690TV, that'd really hurt flings trying to minimise their TV. Still, what's life without a little experimentation here and there? I'll vote for allowing them in on a roster of:
0-16 zombies
0-16 skeletons
All star players
No mercenaries

As for skills first choice for pretty much all of them would surely have to be tackle, with maybe 2 dedicated carriers (sure hands/fend), 1-2 ball hunters (strip ball) and a kicker (uh, kick). My first thought was block, but having played GCs ogres twice the one with tackle is an utter menace compared to the one with block/pro.

Heliocentric
10-07-2012, 10:23 AM
This is true not only for a stunty league, but for DoD or Open or any random team you are developing. There is a reason that you rarely/never see some skills: they are just too situational to spend a skill and TV on taking.

Fair enough, but Hail Mary Pass should be in more teams without question.

potatoedoughnut
10-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Oh yeah, HMP should be used more. Especially since stunties have easy access to diving catch.

Screwie
10-07-2012, 03:52 PM
Although if you have a Bombardier, you may want to set your Diving Catch to "Ask"...

NieA7
10-07-2012, 04:27 PM
If it lands where a gobbo can use diving catch chances are he'd want you to say "yes".

Screwie
10-07-2012, 04:37 PM
It depends where that goblin is. If he's just in the mix next to your intended targets, I would rather risk the 50% of the bomb blast missing him than catching it and then fumbling the subsequent throw. It's a fringe case sure (typically the Diving Catch will come into play when the bomb is caught and returned to your guys) but it's enough to warrant making DC optional in my eyes.

NieA7
10-07-2012, 11:24 PM
After a genuinely grueling match that lasted a full 2 and a half hours over 28 turns, the Gauntlin Goblet has been decided. I'm too shattered to write a report now, I've uploaded the match to BBManager, result below in white text in case anyone wants to watch the match first :p

2-1 to El Cubo, with Zara playing like a hero all match and Walt Disney very nearly keeping up with her.

What a game.

Heliocentric
10-07-2012, 11:34 PM
After a genuinely grueling match that lasted a full 28 turns, the Gauntlin Goblet has been decided. I'm too shattered to write a report now, I've uploaded the match to BBManager
What a game.
28 turns? Incredible How many cas? *checks* nope cant find the league >_<

NieA7
11-07-2012, 12:04 AM
Probably not as many as you imagine, there were a hell of a lot of KOs. It's under "League: RPS Gauntlin Goblet".

Screwie
11-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Wow, sounds like an epic saga. I eagerly await the match report... also I will have to watch the replay too.

El Cubo
11-07-2012, 10:25 AM
After a genuinely grueling match that lasted a full 2 and a half hours over 28 turns, the Gauntlin Goblet has been decided.

I think it was more like 3 and a half hours. It felt like the game was going on for ever! I would have been happy to end the game after the first TD, but nooo, you had to be the sadomasochist and tie the game.

So anyways: Goblins receive first. I try to kick short because I want them to score fast, if things go wrong. One troll goes dumb and the other one injures a 'lfling. Walt Disney pulls double skulls but a reroll turns that into a both down result. Then a failure at pick up. So I step back to slow the attack. The chainsaw wielding Michael Jackson is blitzed to the KO box. Babar Baklava runs for the ball. Instead of just guarding it he, with the enthusiasm of an inexperienced player, tries to pick the ball up from a tackle-zone and fails miserably. He then is injured by Walt Disney himself. Thanks for showing the kid the ropes, Walt! A bomb is thrown and Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte goes belly up. Bot in no time at all he's back on his feet. Zara blitzes and KO's the bomber gob. Good riddance! Then the ball is picked up and the halfling with the amazing kicking talent is injured but the gobs can't advance.

Soon we're by the other sideline with about an equal number of halflings and goblins, one troll, Zara and a tree. The other troll is far away, being stupid next to the tree that's taken root. The goblins can't push through and Zara knocks down the troll. She gets up and tries to break tackle his way around but fails the dodge and loner rolls and gets KO'd. This leaves the ball carrier open for Zara to crowd surf. The ball goes out of bounds and next to some halflings. James Brownie gets the ball and is thrown with some hope that he'd get close enough to score on the next, final round. Landing fails and nothing noteworthy happens. Except George Clooney getting injured by a foul halfling.

So, the next half starts and there are only 10 philantropists against the 11 pastry folk. In no time at all one halfling gets knocked out from a both down block and another is badly hurt by Mother Teresa. Sammy Sweetroll finally picks up the ball and goes forth. I can't remember how things exactly proceeded but somehow a big clump of halflings is formed next to the sideline and one DT goblin gets crowd surfed. Trolls and Walt come crashing in but the ball-bearer escapes further towards midfield, only to be blitzed down by Mr. Disney. The goblins can't get the ball, however, and there's some brawling. Walt Disney is pushed on the ball which bounces towards the halflings and is picked up. Walt fails his blitzing leap and the first touchdown is soon scored by Sebastian Sachertorte. 1-0 for the flings.

The goblins have three turns to even the score. Walt Disney goes for the score, Zara tries to stab but can't pierce his armour. DT halflings try to cut his path, but Walt can't be stopped. A 1-die blitz gets rid of one of the tacklers and then the touchdown is just two regular dodges away. No problems for him. 1-1.

So, the teams set up again. The numbers advantage is now more clearly in the halflings' favor: 11 against 8. The crowd doesn't like these odds and takes out the sure feeted Sammy Sweetroll by a well aimed rock. The halflings use two turns to pick the ball up again and then it's on with the game. Zara stabs Walt Disney and if not for the goblin apothecary, he'd have finally been knocked out. Sebastian Sachertorte is so enraged by such blatant doping that he runs in to give the pogoer the foot. That doesn't do much good, a stun is a stun, and an ejectee is born. The ball is caged in a gorgeous goblin-treeman-halfling cage. Did I mention that goblin was stunned? Walt comes jumping in and gets a 1-die blitz on the ball carrier. A pushback is rerolled into a skull and the green little man is stunned again, so no worries! Just have to get across that fairly unoccupied pitch. The ball is moved forward and badly protected. There comes the blitz and pow, the ball is loose again. Around this time the thought finally started forming in my head: "I wonder why I don't use Zara as the ball carrier."

Well, Rudolf Runebergintorttu fails the pick up but the bouncing ball is caught by the previous carrier. He then gets knocked down again and the ball ends up resting between a few philantropists and about as much halflings. It looks like neither team can get the ball safely. The situation resolves itself when Mother Teresa fails a break tackle. With Banana Split finally shambling to the scene to blitz the sidestepping annoyance from next to the ball, Zara picks up the ball. Two DT goblins position themselves next to Zara. Walt is marked by a DT halfling but goes for the blitz anyway. The leap fails and so it's only a matter of dealing with the two divers. The block on the SS+DT goblin fortunately yields pow so Zara can easily blitz herself free of the other one and score.

The Phillies have time for a one turn TD. All the knocked out goblins get up to see the spectacle but Zara's excellent kick to the end zone brings an end to their dreams. The halflings get their dessert and Zara is rightfully crowned the MVP.

2 - 1 for It Came for Dessert

Phew, a long story to a long match. Thanks to NieA7 for the magnificent match. The knock out rolls worked to my favour. I could start almost every drive with numbers advantage.

Looking at the log in BBManager, it looks as if stunty didn't work properly: An injury roll of 9 on Anthony J. Drexel wasn't converted to badly hurt at the start after the 1-1 match. Nor was Andrew Carnegie's 7 converted to KO. Could be a fault of BBManager or my interpreting its entries, too.

NieA7
11-07-2012, 11:29 AM
I think it was more like 3 and a half hours. It felt like the game was going on for ever! I would have been happy to end the game after the first TD, but nooo, you had to be the sadomasochist and tie the game.

I offered you the chance to concede multiple times! And yes, it was 3 and a half hours, not 2, that's what you get for posting after 3 and a half hours of BB.

So yeah, that was a game that happened. Despite having had loads of stunty games that descended into madness pretty quickly this match was painfully tactical all the way through - it was almost like they were two proper BB teams. Failing to score in the first half put me on the back foot all the way through, but I couldn't get enough flings off the pitch to open a route - for every half pint a troll or Walt injured Zara KO'd another gobbo (I'm pretty sure she KO'd a gobbo every turn for the first four or five turns). Groovy killed one of my Diving Tackle gobbos in the last game which hurt too, with only three on the pitch it was hard to pin the flings down. The trees were oddly robust as well, I attempted multiple two dice blocks through the game but I think I only managed to knock them down once or twice.

I regained some pride by forcing the game into extra time before El Cubo got the first TD. The start of the drive was very difficult - with more flings on the pitch than gobbos I couldn't cover against a throw and pressure the carrier at the same time, so I opted to cover the throw and mark up the space to stop the cage moving too quickly. This left Zara free to carry on her gobbo maiming duties, but it did force the carrier over to the sidelines, where finally a failed dodge from a fling left enough of a gap to force the trolls into the cage. From here it turned into a scramble, with Walt downing the carrier but getting pinned by a diving tackler. I could get tackle zones on the ball, but not enough to stop the recovery. It was still open for a blitz - unfortunately Walt failed the leap to freedom opening up an easy run in, fortunately it was already turn 17 by then.

So scoring in 3 turns felt unlikely, doubly so after my cunning hand-off/break tackle/TTM/run for freedom plan was foiled by one potential receiver being KOd and the other getting double marked. With pretty much no other options available Walt was given the ball and sent on a kamikazi mission deep into enemy territory, but miraculously the Zara stab was so puny it couldn't even break his gimped AV6. Even more miraculously his subsequent blitz worked, opening up a a comparatively easy run through (just two dodges without diving tackle, which was the equivalent of an empty field in this game).

The final drive of the game is a bit of a blur to me. The numbers were firmly in the flings favor by this point, so I tried to pin the diving tacklers with non-skilled gobbos leaving Walt, the trolls and my two diving tacklers free to do something. Unfortunately within a couple of turns one of the trolls got isolated and I could never spare a gobbo to run back and remind her why she was there, though both the trees took root quite early on. Ultimately I never quite had the numbers to press home the attack - if I got the ball free I couldn't pick it up, and my fate was sealed when Mother Theresa failed the break tackle I needed to push a fling onto the ball and hopefully knock it out of the tackle zones.

It was indeed a magnificent match, thanks to El Cubo for being a great opponent. Honestly I think the result was the right one, his use of Zara in particular was exemplary. Runners up for the second season in a row - forever the bridesmaid, never the bride, but there's always next season to put that right!

Screwie
12-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Amazing. Congrats to El Cubo and commiserations to NieA7 for coming so close once again. A Halfling team wins the Gauntlin Goblet!

---

I will get started on the season 3 spreadsheet this weekend. As before, the final format of the league will depend on the number of applicants and returning versus new teams.

In the meantime we will decide on the new rosters to be included. So a quick straw poll follows. I'm only looking for yes/no answers, please no maybes - although you are free to add further comments or explain your decision.

In all cases, the team's Star Players are allowed but mercenary options are confined to those positions on the below rosters.

So please, give your opinion on the following three teams:

1. Skinks Team in Season 3 - Yes or No?
Based on Lizardmen
0-16 Skink
0-1 Kroxigor

2. Walking Dead Team in Season 3 - Yes or No?
Based on Undead
0-16 Skeleton
0-16 Zombie
(Feel free to go pure Zombie if you wish)

3. Rotters Team in Season 3 - Yes or No?
Based on Nurgle
0-16 Rotters

I'll take a final tally on Monday night, and then the new spreadsheet will be opened for applications.

We'll ignore Underworld and Chaos Edition for this season, even if it suddenly materialises before the season begins (just so people don't have to rush and buy it).

groovychainsaw
12-07-2012, 10:23 AM
I'm going to regret this, but as an ogre coach, i think I have the strength to deal with str 3 players, and my snots rarely if ever block anyway (might get more guard, nonetheless). It's movement I'm concerned about and I think the skinks will prove unbeatable, but lets's try it anyway:

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes

El Cubo
12-07-2012, 10:44 AM
1. Skinks: Yes
2. Walking Dead: Maybe/yes
3. Rotters: Maybe/yes

I don't think that non-stunty teams fit into the theme of this league, but then again I guess they would make the league more varied. I got a lot of practice in playing against goblin teams this season.

Zoraster
12-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey guys, just to give a voice of experience on the Lizard issue my TT league has tried various forms of stunty tourney over the years and the conclusion we’ve come too is the best handicap for a Lizard team is actually making a full set of Saurus compulsory. Standard build Lizards have a horror match up against ‘flings, often struggle against Ogres and live nervously until the weapons are gone against Gobbos. Any half decent Lizard coach goes virtually all Skink in a Stunty environment by choice.

In a Stunty league all Skink teams are dominant as speed rules while the big fellahs just get screened out of play and/or bloat the TV sitting on the bench giving up lots of lovely inducements for no on-pitch value. It is the number of skinks you need to limit.

Heliocentric
12-07-2012, 11:10 AM
1. Yes but maybe drop them next season should they prove too insane.
2. Yes but players should be free to pick necro for a pure zombie team which gets zombie recruits from kills (undead recruits get retconned into skeletons) .
3. This is a tough one, but yes. I think ST3, AG3 will be very disruptive but the team has decay and no apothecary so the team will exist as proto-norse, never getting legendary players.

Screwie
12-07-2012, 11:24 AM
I wanted to simplify the questions by listing only Undead. Just as a Snotling player may want to recruit Ogres later, so might a Zombie player like some Skeletons. Although I won't disallow the Necromantic option if a player wants to be hardcore about it (for which they would earn my eternal respect).

And yeah, it should be noted that all three teams are definitely only included on a trial basis. If any of them prove to be too strong they will be looked at again and likely cut.

EDIT: Thanks for the tip Zoraster, but we'll see how it goes. If the Skinks are too strong on their own, they will get cut. Even if you think its best, I don't even want to approach the solution to the problem of how to make a team "Stunty enough" to be fielding it as a full Tier 1 team.

Heliocentric
12-07-2012, 11:43 AM
In a Stunty league all Skink teams are dominant as speed rules while the big fellahs just get screened out of play and/or bloat the TV sitting on the bench giving up lots of lovely inducements for no on-pitch value. It is the number of skinks you need to limit.
Wow, really? St4 GS access means big guys only get 2 dice (without 4 assists) and generally speaking Ogres have less block,less tackle and bonehead to contend with.

I would oppose Saurus being allowed, mandatory or not.

Heliocentric
12-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Oh, on the subject of skinks, banning the Krox would be one way to mitigate their unreasonableness.

TBH I intend to field either a pure skeleton team or a pure skink team, can't decide.

Screwie
12-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I am somewhat tempted to go either zombies or rotters for a laugh, if those teams make it in. But at the same time I'm also looking forward to throwing my own Secret Weapons at them! I do have a Fanatic with Block already...

Heliocentric
12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I am somewhat tempted to go either zombies or rotters for a laugh, if those teams make it in. But at the same time I'm also looking forward to throwing my own Secret Weapons at them! I do have a Fanatic with Block already...

I'll set them up like bowling pins whenever we meet. Get sure feet and pray for + mv.

Screwie
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I wish I had taken Sure Feet actually, although Block has also been useful in stopping him from falling over in other ways.

Vexing Vision's Fanatic scored a +MA and is thus the most deadly one in the league right now.

El Cubo
12-07-2012, 01:27 PM
To me, fanatics seemed more like a liability than an asset. Once they're down, they stay down. Then again, not every team has st6 players.

Screwie
12-07-2012, 01:33 PM
ST7 actually. :)

Fanatics are amazing if they're allowed to push people around (I don't expect to get many knockdowns with them, especially in a Stunty league) which makes them great for forming a cage behind, but they are an easy target - people will happily throw bad 2D blocks at them all day until they fall over.

Zoraster
12-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Wow, really? St4 GS access means big guys only get 2 dice (without 4 assists) and generally speaking Ogres have less block,less tackle and bonehead to contend with.

I would oppose Saurus being allowed, mandatory or not.

You’ve got to get over this obsession you’ve got with hitting things Helio :) Case in point it is really clouding your BB thinking if you are looking at Ogres making hits on Saurus to win. A Saurus is bog standard speed, AV9 and AG1. Even if you hit the buggers the odds on hurting them isn’t great. What you do have is a bunch of supersnots who can dodge anywhere on a 2+ and come with SS. You partition them out the game with Snotlings, not bash them out with Ogres. Pretty much the same holds true for 'flings and Gobbos although their lower mobility but higher strength and armour means you tend to do a lot more man marking before you can partition them out.

... but they are an easy target - people will happily throw bad 2D blocks at them all day until they fall over.

Easy is putting it mildly. Fanatics are the easiest players to de-pitch in the game and given how dangerous they can be it makes sense to take them out early. To put it in perspective a half die block with reroll has a marginally better chance of de-pitching a Fanatic than a three dice block has of achieving a Pow.

potatoedoughnut
12-07-2012, 01:53 PM
Oh, on the subject of skinks, banning the Krox would be one way to mitigate their unreasonableness.

According to Zoraster pure skink is better than skink + krox and/or saurus in a stunty league. I'm interested to see how this turns out.

Everblue
12-07-2012, 02:10 PM
What you do have is a bunch of supersnots who can dodge anywhere on a 2+

It's a 3+ isn't it? They have agility 3 - or am I missing something?

Zoraster
12-07-2012, 02:39 PM
It's a 3+ isn't it? They have agility 3 - or am I missing something?

Yup; Titchy. Adds a further +1 to dodge rolls so Snots get a +2 modifier on top of the usual Stunty negating TZs.

Screwie
12-07-2012, 02:51 PM
This slipperiness is somewhat countered by the fact Snotlings tend to horribly injure themselves as soon as they fail a dodge. :)

Underworld teams with Two Heads Goblins, though...

Heliocentric
12-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Titchy is + 1 to dodges no?

Everblue
12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Sorry - I thought you were talking about skinks, which are not titchy iirc.

Zoraster
12-07-2012, 03:39 PM
Titchy is + 1 to dodges no?

Yup, so +2 total modifier with the standard +1 for dodging.

NieA7
12-07-2012, 08:38 PM
1) Yes
2) Yes
3) No

I was really keen on skinks and a krox, though having had a interesting talk on how stunties should be played while my gobbos were simultaneously smeared all over the pitch by Zoraster I bow to his more informed opinion. Interesting that Saurus might make them less powerful, but I'm not sure how to get that into a roster that's anything other than "Lizardmen as normal".

Zombies/skeletons could be interesting. I doubt they'd be hugely fun to play, but I think their low Ag and MV should make them manageable both on a game by game basis and in the long run, though their low starting TV could be a problem.

I imagine Rotters would surely be hugely OP in a stunty league. Decay wouldn't hurt them game by game (seeing as it only kicks in when they're injured anyway, which won't happen that often at Ag/Str 3 and AV 8), and a team of rookie rotters would be very difficult for anyone but ogres to take on. Once they get a couple of dauntless/claw guys even ogres would have something to think about.

boots468
12-07-2012, 09:51 PM
If you're widening the net, how about a max-vamp vampire team? If you say they have to start with all 6 on their roster, have to line up all they can at each kick off and have to replace them ASAP after deaths they would be a pretty weak but fun team to play as/against. Only five thralls to feed off would be troublesome, they'd be giving away tonnes in inducements and against st 2 or 5 players having st 4 is a negligable benefit.

Heliocentric
12-07-2012, 11:09 PM
If you're widening the net, how about a max-vamp vampire team?
That sounds horrible, ugh.

What about dwarf teams forced to take 8 rerolls *evil grin*

Gorm
13-07-2012, 08:15 AM
I dont think you have enough money to start with all 6 vamps.

Squiz
13-07-2012, 08:19 AM
What about dwarf teams forced to take 8 rerolls *evil grin*GFI with every move.

El Cubo
13-07-2012, 08:32 AM
I dont think you have enough money to start with all 6 vamps.

They're 110k apiece and thralls cost 40k. So for 860k you'll get a whole team. 2 rerolls on top of that makes 1000k

Screwie
13-07-2012, 09:23 AM
GFI with every move.

Must take 40 second turns. :P

I did consider adding some variation of Vampires, but a basic all-Thrall team is kind of dull and perhaps a little too quick and capable. And like with Lizardmen, I don't really want to use the full roster even if it does make them less consistent. Additional rules like mandatory roster or gameplay requirements just becomes more to moderate at the end of the day and doesn't necessarily address the game-worthiness of these other teams.

Having said that, the most interesting Vamp idea I could come up with was that you may never have more Thralls (including mercenaries but not journeymen) on your squad than Vamps. So if you want a full team you have to take 6 Vamps and 5-6 Thralls. It's still using the full roster though.

NieA7
13-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Without having played either I still think that a team of rotters would be more dangerous in a stunty league than a team of thralls, both match by match and in the long run. And Vamps aren't really a tier 3 team, they're pretty much the only team that gets exponentially better as they level up (if they ever level up). By the time they get to around 2,000TV they're pretty much one of the best sides in the game.

Heliocentric
13-07-2012, 01:27 PM
And Vamps aren't really a tier 3 team, they're pretty much the only team that gets exponentially better as they level up (if they ever level up). By the time they get to around 2,000TV they're pretty much one of the best sides in the game.

Blood lust in a neg that can allow you to but up a ball and run in a touchdown with that player, as long as you line up a snack on the score line, I think people overlook that and think of it as simply "worse" than bonehead. Forcing max vamps seems a bad move, its brutal on those thralls, but perfectly competent.

Hell... Brutal, stunty league? Its a good fit.

Screwie
16-07-2012, 09:13 AM
A final few hours to have your opinions heard on the new team! I will publish the new spreadsheet for applications tonight.

Gorm
16-07-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not sure about the new teams, the undead one would be really boring to play for me. The lizards are worth a shot, with or without a Krox. The nurgle one might be overpowered if they have some luck, but then again they might just fall apart.

Screwie
16-07-2012, 10:30 PM
Okay! The new sheet is ready for sign-ups.

It seems the majority of people are either on the fence or okay to give the new teams a try out, so we'll be allowing them at least for this season. But this will be their probationary period! Depending on how it all works out, at the end of the season we'll evaluate them and if they belong in the Goblet.

Just like last time, the length and format of the season will depend on the number of players involved. You should expect the season should last in the region of 6-8 games before the play-offs.

Teams from previous seasons are allowed to return and where/if possible I will try and group new with new and old with old.

If you are interested, let it be known in this thread and add your info to the "Sign Up Sheet" page of the spreadsheet (linked in the first post).

ntw
16-07-2012, 11:03 PM
I'm out for this season, sorry :(

Screwie
17-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Sorry to hear that ntw :(

Your're always welcome back in future seasons, of course.

Squiz
17-07-2012, 06:09 PM
As said somewhere earlier in the thread, I am going to join the Gauntlin Goblet with a Halfling team, "The Nightgaunts". Info is on the sheet.

Edit: Argh, the name has been taken. Damn, a few days ago I still had a team with that name in my roster.

Edit²: Alright, prepare to face the Mootland Murderers soon!

NieA7
19-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Signed up, looking forward to it. You could advertise in the Divs and Challenge thread Screwie, I imagine most people won't know that there's a new season starting or that different teams will be allowed.

groovychainsaw
19-07-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm in - get a lot of enjoyment out of these games with their randomness and hilarious deaths, and my ogres are truly monstrous now ;-)

NieA7
19-07-2012, 12:08 PM
I'm in - get a lot of enjoyment out of these games with their randomness and hilarious deaths, and my ogres are truly monstrous now ;-)

Are you sure I can't tempt you with the fun and hilarity of an all snotling team?

Screwie
19-07-2012, 12:25 PM
No need to make anew team even! Just let those is bloaters on your roster go!

NieA7, I will go pester the folks in the other threads, good idea :)

Heliocentric
19-07-2012, 01:52 PM
Changing to walking dead, I might as well stick to my roots.

Screwie
19-07-2012, 02:40 PM
I was tempted to return with my Goblins, but decided to take Rotters in the end to give them a try.

(If we are short on returning teams I can always swap back.)

LowKey
19-07-2012, 03:37 PM
I heard there is all zombie teams so i have slunk back to the loving embrace of the stunty league, ill sign up tonight, the misses will love me playing bb three nights a week again ;-)

Screwie
19-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Welcome back :)

Hmm, I don't think the in-game league's ready for applications just yet! Just register on the spreadsheet for now and I'll sort it out once we have the format decided.

Zenohero
19-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Hey I figured I would join as well! With absolutely no idea with how to play an ogre team or even a decent set up with them, the ogre special forces are ready for war with nothing but a few dumb ogres, some snotlings in danger of being put down in two seconds and the coaches dice!.... I'm doomed

Screwie
20-07-2012, 12:00 PM
Welcome aboard!

If this is your first Stunty team I suggest making yourself familiar with the rules for the Stunty, Titchy and Throw Team Mate skills, it can mean the difference between victory and defeat.

Heliocentric
20-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Changed to Zom, better cheerleaders.

El Cubo
20-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Why isn't skeleton khemri-team allowed? :)

Halflings felt like a one-trick pony in their use of star players. So I'll give the skinks a go.

Zenohero
20-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks. I'm familiar with 2 out of those 3, so I'll probably check out TTM to figure out exactly what penalties to go with. I'm also on the fence about starting out with a apoth. and and high FF or getting another reroll so I have 2. On one hand, going in without any blocks, sure hands, or the like means that I'm suicidal to not have 2, but I know that this is an 8 match thing, plus 2 playoff so I could make up the money for the doubling of the rerolls, plus having an apothecary will be useful when my ogres forget that punching themselves in the face is not a good idea

Screwie
20-07-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm not much of an Ogre coach myself, but I believe the more successful way to start is with fewer ogres and more rerolls. I'm sure someone with more experience will confirm or deny this, but the Stunty teams tend to be more reroll-dependent than most.

potatoedoughnut
20-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Also don't buy FF, it's a waste of money now.

X_kot
20-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Re: Ogres, it's wise to start with only four ogres so that you can buy enough TRR while they're cheap. More ogres = more bonehead, and using a reroll to negate a failed bonehead is one you can't use to negate a both-down block (which you will get more often than you want due to lack of general skills).

Also, don't get the apoth yet. Snots are cheap to replace, ogres are pretty sturdy, and TRR are more important. The price for a quack is the same no matter when you buy them, so get one after your first couple of games.

Zenohero
20-07-2012, 06:22 PM
true, but i already grabbed 5 ogres >.< all well, i'll just get rid of the apoth. and some FF to start with 2 rerolls and I'll just have to have faith in my dice not to screw me over at every turn, so with that said, I'm feeling alot of boneheads coming my way D:

Edit: if i fire one now, would I get the 140k cost for the ogre back? With that that's 4 rerolls, which I think is a good amount to have

edit: went ahead and dropped a ogre so now I"m at 4 rerolls, so hopefully this will go better now. Thank you for the advice

Screwie
20-07-2012, 06:44 PM
So long as your team's yet to play their first game, you get the full cost back for anything you sell.