PDA

View Full Version : Comic Book Hero: The Greatest Cape

Zawath
15-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm disappointed that nobody here has noticed that the demo for Comic Book Hero has been released:

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=513682

It's basically a superhero management sim where you solve crimes, arrest bad guys and try to keep your secret identity a secret. Usually you get information about crimes by patrolling the streets of the city and then you can either try to stop the villains alone or call some help from other heroes. The combat is turn-based and uses dice rolls that can be quite hard to understand at first but the system is not too complex. If you manage to beat the villains, you still need to figure out who was the true mastermind behind the operation by solving a puzzle and that can be very hard if your team doesn't have any smart people.

Althea
15-11-2011, 02:03 PM
New poster.
First post linking to overpriced game that seems a reskin of their previous ones.

This is not suspicious. Nope.

Zawath
15-11-2011, 05:32 PM
If I were the developer I would have called it the best superhero management sim ever made, duh.

R-F
15-11-2011, 05:33 PM
If I were the developer I would have called it the best superhero management sim ever made, duh.

To be fair, it is. Since it's the only super hero management sim.

sabrage
16-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Couldn't find screenshots, stopped caring.

DWZippy
16-11-2011, 04:34 AM
I'm actually going to give it a go. I know this is blatant advertising - but I've wasted more time on worse.

Edit: I cancelled the download, it was the slowest thing ever. I guess I'll wait for the 6 page spread in PC gamer.

Zawath
16-11-2011, 08:38 AM
The thread at Qt3 has some screenshots:

http://quartertothree.com/game-talk/showthread.php?t=64392

Jockie
16-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Don't have the time to delve in-depth, but I heard very good things about the companies' wrestling/MMA sims back in the day from people I knew who were interested in those sorts of thing.

pakoito
16-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Take this spreadsheet and have fun with it!

Squiz
16-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Which spreadsheet now?

Edit: Ahhhhh... I see what you did there.

Matzerath
16-11-2011, 07:38 PM
I played the demo.
I ... I kinda liked it. It's a stat obsessed, music/sound lacking marvel -- that sort of spreadsheet genre I've never played before. But with superheroes. Mounds of superheroes and villains. It was mysteriously enjoyable.

Berzee
16-11-2011, 11:56 PM
Thanks for posting this =) I am willing to believe you are not the developer, but that's mostly because I wouldn't care if you were -- either way I learn about a new (rather pleasingly niche) game. I do like to see a team management game that's not about sports :D (these kind of games remind me of Lemonade Stand from my idyllic childhood). Mayhaps I'll take a look when I am not at work.