PDA

View Full Version : I was thinking about buying Skyrim but then I had to fill my gas tank

aquamarine
16-11-2011, 03:01 AM
So I downloaded Desktop Dungeons instead. It's fun! And I decided to do a comparison.

S - Skyrim, D - DD, T - Tie

Exploration: T
I'm not sure DD offers the same depth in terms of exploration as Skyrim but it makes up for it by adding some interesting strategy elements to exploration.

Graphics: S
Graphics-wise, hands down to Skyrim

Combat: T
I haven't tried Skyrim but I did play Oblivion. There is a mix of magic and raw strength. From the Skyrim reviews I've read, combat is probably on par. There is no stealth aspect to DD, but I think DD has more strategy involved in the fights.

Price: D
Desktop Dungeon clear winner!

Quests: S
As there is really only one quest in DD (the main one) I think Skyrim takes the cake here.

Replay Value: D
I think both have a significant replay value, but DD perhaps takes the cake due to the unlockable content and randomly generated levels.

Two ties, two for Skyrim, two for DD. Not looking too shabby for DD!

sabrage
16-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Skyrim combat is to Oblivion what Bioshock 2 is to Bioshock. Similar, but definitely vastly improved.

elephant god
16-11-2011, 03:28 AM
You know some things you just can't compare. The replay value for example is so vastly dissimilar, not saying it is less for one game than the other, but I figure sometimes I will have a slow week or something and maybe return to Skyrim as I return to Panau from time to time, but in A slow HOUR i might just clear a (desktop) dungeon. apples and oranges (apples rule).

aquamarine
16-11-2011, 04:00 AM
I think you are right, apples and oranges applies here. I was just having a little fun. But I really am enjoying Desktop Dungeons and I really can't afford Skyrim or I would be playing it.

vinraith
16-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Wait, are you talking about Desktop Dungeons or Dungeon Defenders?

Edit: To be clear, prior to editing the original OP mentioned both.

aquamarine
16-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Desktop Dungeons!