PDA

View Full Version : Ipod 4/Iphone apps

Theblazeuk
16-11-2011, 04:03 PM
So I just got given someone's old Ipod Touch thanks to the shiney new one coming out. But now that I can use these much-hyped app things, I can't find any worth bothering with!

So far the only thing of any worth is the QI app, which keeps me occupied on the tube, in the loo and whilst waiting for the pint-buyer to get back to the table. I purchased Sonic but it's pointless on the touch screen and most of the other ones I have are only any good with a wi-fi connection (4oD, ebay, groupon, facebook).

Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking I might buy Secret of Mana as it was an awesome game on the SNES but I'm dubious about touchscreen-gamepads (as opposed to actual touch=point and click controls)

Auspex
16-11-2011, 06:32 PM
My favourite game apps are: (sorry no links I'm on really crummy work internet)
- League of Evil (best platformer on iOS)
- Good Little War Game (Advance Wars-esque)
- Orbital (gravity based puzzle game)
- Minigore (twinstick shooter that actually works on ios)
- Dice Soccer (boardgame come football game)

Those are the ones that come immediately to mind, don't actually have my iPod on me. Looking forward to reading others' suggestions.

I am Auspax if you or anyone else want to become Gamecentre friends. I will have a better time in League of Evil than you :D

Theblazeuk
17-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Thanks Auspex will check out League of Evil (though I am too antisocial/sick of signing up for things to deal with gamecentre :) )

cosmicolor
17-11-2011, 11:33 PM
Personally I liked Boost 2, a nice little tunnel racer/survival game, Real Racing 2, which if you enjoy racers is probably the best sim on the platform, Dungeon Raid which is a mix of match-3/roguelike/puzzle quest kind of thing and Stair Dismount, in which you push an unfortunate manniquin (who can have the face of any one of your mates too) down stairs, cliffs and all other kinds of high, painful places to fall from.

romille
20-12-2011, 07:46 AM
There are lot of apps that an iPhone can offer. TeleNav, a satellite navigation and Global Positioning System technology business, is already recognized for its iPhone application and on-board sat nav on vehicles. The company is moving further into smartphones, by introducing a brand new app. The business is working on a mobile browser-based satellite navigation program. Article source: Mobile browser navigation app upcoming from TeleNav (http://www.appisaurus.com/1685-telenav/)

JohnnyK
20-12-2011, 01:46 PM
http://itunes.apple.com/at/app/flick-kick-football/id376481969?mt=8

There's also a free version if you want to try it.

DigitalSignalX
20-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Something about upset birds seems to be popular.