PDA

View Full Version : PC Bargains

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Casimir Effect
21-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Is it worth getting 1, or better going straight to 2?
Well worth getting both for the price, especially as they are different enough games such that myself and the guy above me both have different preferences.

Althea
21-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Also the have the best music in the known universe.
Duh, Dynamedion.

frightlever
22-03-2012, 12:26 PM
So Inxile Entertainment's (spelt wrong probably, but ya know the Wasteland 2 people) "Bards Tale" - worth it for under a fiver? It got fairly damning reviews if I recall correctly.

Althea
22-03-2012, 12:48 PM
So Inxile Entertainment's (spelt wrong probably, but ya know the Wasteland 2 people) "Bards Tale" - worth it for under a fiver? It got fairly damning reviews if I recall correctly.
I believe it's "inXile Entertainment" - and reviews mean nothing. Metacritic (also means little) says 70/100, which can't be too bad.

Vexing Vision
22-03-2012, 12:57 PM

For one of the best renditions of "Beer, beer, beer, beer" in any medium - yes, absolutely worth it.

frightlever
22-03-2012, 01:00 PM
The Yeas have it then.

Revisor
22-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I bought it and so far I'm enjoying it.

Althea
22-03-2012, 01:34 PM
A long time ago way back in history,
When all there was to drink was nothin' but cups of tea,
Along came a man by the name of Charlie Mops,
And he invented a wonderful drink and he made it out of hops

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdO6xLqc-Yo

Warble
22-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Saints Row: The Third can be had for £7.99 from http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/product/lp28020/saints-row-the-third/

You need to use the code "pcgamer20" at the checkout to get the £2 off. It is a Steamworks game so you get a serial that will activate in Steam.

renhoelder
22-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Saints Row: The Third can be had for £7.99 from http://www.pcworlddownloads.co.uk/product/lp28020/saints-row-the-third/

You need to use the code "pcgamer20" at the checkout to get the £2 off. It is a Steamworks game so you get a serial that will activate in Steam.

But this site is pretty much UK only, right?

Warble
22-03-2012, 04:14 PM
But this site is pretty much UK only, right?

It's a spin off of PC World, which is a UK based company. At the checkout, it allows to select a country so I guess people out the UK shouldn't have a problem ordering. You might get hit by a currency conversion fee if you pay by card though. I cannot find any thing else out on the site, it might be worth contacting their help desk to check.

renhoelder
22-03-2012, 04:31 PM
It's a spin off of PC World, which is a UK based company. At the checkout, it allows to select a country so I guess people out the UK shouldn't have a problem ordering. You might get hit by a currency conversion fee if you pay by card though. I cannot find any thing else out on the site, it might be worth contacting their help desk to check.

Well, I can't even click the buy button, without getting a pop-up notifying me that I live in the wrong region :)

Warble
22-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Well, I can't even click the buy button, without getting a pop-up notifying me that I live in the wrong region :)

The best bet for you is £9.85 @ ShopTo then: http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO%20GAMES/DWNLD28020-Saints%20Row%20the%20Third.html

Corpekata
23-03-2012, 10:48 AM
Gamersgate's THQ daily deal is Darksiders for 5 USD. Very good deal. Registers on Steam.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DARKSIDERS/darksiders?caff=3884871

Flint
23-03-2012, 03:16 PM
Welp, looks like I'll finally give Darksiders a go then. Thanks!

alms
23-03-2012, 03:20 PM
IndieRoyale Ninja Lightning Pack is live, ~2.5 € ATM. Includes 5 games by NinjaBee Games, 2 of them Steam redeemable.

sopabuena
23-03-2012, 06:54 PM
So what's the deal with this Square Enix sale on Steam? Today's deal is the Tomb Raider Saga. I heard good things about Guardian of Light, which is some sort of puzzler. What's the word on the others? I really lost track of these games!

Revisor
23-03-2012, 07:08 PM
I know some Tomb Raider games are really liked but I personally didn't like any of them, most of all because Lara Croft is a bland character and there is never any interesting story or dialogues. I guess Lara's heritage of being a programmers' wet dream can't be easily overcome. You can't stuff a barbie doll with drama.

Regarding gameplay I found Guardian of Light, the most praised game, boring and quit after several levels.

IMO - if you skip it, no harm done.

Tikey
23-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Guardian of light is awesome for playing in the same pc with a friend.
I've heard good things about underworld to the point of buying it during the last steam sale but I haven't got around to play it yet so I can't comment much on it.

vinraith
23-03-2012, 07:35 PM
So what's the deal with this Square Enix sale on Steam? Today's deal is the Tomb Raider Saga. I heard good things about Guardian of Light, which is some sort of puzzler. What's the word on the others? I really lost track of these games!

Guardian of Light is one of the best 2 person co-op games I've ever played. It's sort of an action/platform/puzzle game played out with what, in a 2d game, we'd call an isometric camera vantage. The puzzles are genuinely clever, there's a ton of collectible stuff (and it actually does something, in unlocking new toys), and real cooperation is required to progress. If you've got someone to play it with (either locally or online) it's well worth picking up.

renhoelder
23-03-2012, 08:31 PM
+1 for the guardian of light co-op experience, if you have a friend to do it with, go for it

Scumbag
23-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Got interested, saw a Raziel and Kain character pack and then...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpe1FPqD6Y4

What?

Corpekata
23-03-2012, 09:39 PM
You mean you bought it right after watching that right?

Heliocentric
23-03-2012, 09:41 PM
DIS IS BETTAH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VIoLxhACuQ

trjp
23-03-2012, 11:51 PM
You mean you bought it right after watching that right?

Obviously - I mean it's awesome!!

trjp
23-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Guardian of Light is one of the best 2 person co-op games I've ever played. It's sort of an action/platform/puzzle game played out with what, in a 2d game, we'd call an isometric camera vantage. The puzzles are genuinely clever, there's a ton of collectible stuff (and it actually does something, in unlocking new toys), and real cooperation is required to progress. If you've got someone to play it with (either locally or online) it's well worth picking up.

and it's far from shit as a solo experience too - the solo game is quite different to the co-op one in terms of puzzles but it offers speedrun and other bonus stuff

Overall, GoL is just brilliant - if you don't like it you probably should just play The Sims and be damned with you...

Heliocentric
24-03-2012, 12:42 AM
Just finished Deus Ex 3, nice ending but kinda easy and relaxed with tinges of horror themes.

It'll likely be 75% on steam in the current week, I whole heartedly recommend the game on the condition you can tolerate stealth, or are quite good at shooters.

Oh, and are not afraid of the quick save key.

Sketch
24-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Did you not find the ending a little disappointing in how it's handled?

Rauten
24-03-2012, 03:04 AM

This is pretty much my only grievance with the game. It's a good ending, but kinda disappointing, was expecting something either more... grand, or with greater exposition of what happens after the end. Instead, you something that looks like it's been cut from a National Geographic documentary, that's more cryptic than anything else.
I still whole heartedly recommend it though.

Kodeen
24-03-2012, 04:48 AM
Edit: Wrong thread.

Corpekata
24-03-2012, 08:30 AM
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2033/metro-2033?caff=3884871

Metro 2033 is Gamersgate's THQ daily deal for 5 USD. Good deal, Steamworks.

Corpekata
24-03-2012, 08:42 AM
http://www.impulsedriven.com/dndmaster

Impulse has the D&D collection for 7 USD. A bit more of a hassle than having gotten it at Gamersgate the last couple sales but still a good deal.

As usual with Impulse/Gamestop, they're kind of obnoxious about regional restrictions as prices, so ymmv.

Heliocentric
24-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Maybe impulse is a good idea if they don't deliver the games as a 10gb zip like GamersGate.

Heliocentric
24-03-2012, 10:01 AM

After finishing Mass Effect 3 the ending felt satisfyingly explanatory (not scarcasm). But I'd have rewritten the last level to be more challenging than super jump over the crazy men, to be fair Harrow was my "final boss" shooting out 3 turrets, and shooting the boss in the face with a laser rifle was a weak ending, also wtf Megan? Where is my resolution?

Still, screw Megan and her 'effectively Denton's mom'-ness. I wonder what'd happen if I'd left more of a trail of corpses in my wake. That's what replays are for. To the missing link I go!

Althea
24-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Maybe impulse is a good idea if they don't deliver the games as a 10gb zip like GamersGate.
It's contradictory. On one hand it says a bundle, on the other it says "single package", so I would guess it's a 10GB+ download.

Anyway, didn't someone want to know about SupCom Gold? £7.50 on GamersGate, today only (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DDB-SCG/supreme-commander-gold-edition-bundle)

Corpekata
24-03-2012, 11:23 AM
That Supreme Commander sale has been going on for the week as part of THQ's sale. Might as well wait till the last day and see if it goes on daily special before buying.

Janek
24-03-2012, 11:27 AM
I believe the last THQ daily is due to be Red Faction Armageddon

Corpekata
24-03-2012, 11:34 AM
I believe the last THQ daily is due to be Red Faction Armageddon

Yep, you're right, just saw the newsletter. Tommorow's daily is Red Faction, then the end of the sale.

renhoelder
24-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ~21€ (18€ with IGN Prime discount) (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-KOARUK/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-uk)

Althea
24-03-2012, 12:48 PM
That Supreme Commander sale has been going on for the week as part of THQ's sale. Might as well wait till the last day and see if it goes on daily special before buying.
It is the daily special.

renhoelder
24-03-2012, 12:53 PM
It is the daily special.

Metro 2033 is the daily deal, with -75% off, as the banner above the Supreme Commander deal says. It Supreme Commander has been -50% the whole week, or as long as the THQ sale has been going. Plus there would be a countdown at the bottom of deal, if it were the daily deal, like with Metro 2033.

Althea
24-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes, I cocked up. It got the focus on their Facefuck page this morning hence me getting it wrong.

Lah dee dah.

Sketch
24-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Reply fail, this is regarding Human Revolution's ending.

This is the trouble, with the ending, there is no difference on what you've done earlier. I don't dislike the ending so much, just found it disappointing that a nonlethal Adam can end it entirely the same way as a lethal one (who you might imagine to have much different views.)

renhoelder
24-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Amazon.com's deals for the next week.

Mass Effect $5.99
Mass Effect 2 $5.99
Mass Effect Digital Deluxe $8.99
Mass Effect 1 + Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe $11.99

Heliocentric
24-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Actually, how much of a bastards you were does effect the ending voice over.

Rauten
24-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Actually, how much of a bastards you were does effect the ending voice over.

So, like Bioshock's worthless difference between bastard and meh-ish endings?

Corpekata
24-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Nevermind.

renhoelder
24-03-2012, 05:06 PM
MW2 ~ 8,2€ (Steam key) (http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/483-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2)

Tritagonist
24-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Just finished Deus Ex 3, nice ending but kinda easy and relaxed with tinges of horror themes.

It'll likely be 75% on steam in the current week, I whole heartedly recommend the game on the condition you can tolerate stealth, or are quite good at shooters.

As predicted, the Deus Ex series is the deal of the day on Steam at 75% off. That brings Deus Ex: Human Revolution down to about €10. If you want the DLC as well and you want to be really cheap (or if you're just Dutch (http://mynewdutchlife.blogspot.com/2006/05/lesson-2-dutch-mentality.html)), you can save €0,39 by buying the DLC bundle instead of separately!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Tactical Enhancement Pack €0,74 & Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Explosive Mission Pack €1,14 = €1,88. The 'Tactical Enhancement + Explosive Mission Bundle' is -50% off at €1,49.

ColOfNature
24-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics all for £5.43 - that's 66% off - on Steam for today only. I've never played any of them, I'm ashamed to say. I'll remedy that forthwith.

trjp
24-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics all for £5.43 - that's 66% off - on Steam for today only. I've never played any of them, I'm ashamed to say. I'll remedy that forthwith.

Fantastic games - get used to being killed frequently and without much warning tho - save a LOT!!

Steam's RRP for them is sky high tho - I'm sure the sale deal is OK but they're $6 each at GoG everyday - rather than £7 each they're normally on Steam!!

Corpekata
24-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Regarding Fallout, one of the smaller dealings of the court case with Bethesda and Interplay over the Fallout MMO was the fact that Interplay was selling the original games digitally. One of the things rewarded to Interplay was the ability to sell the games until the end of 2013, at which point they lose the rights. Which means we might see digital retailers not selling the games one day. Granted, the obvious move of Bethesda just letting things go and taking the royalties from sales could happen, but this IS Bethesda, who have been known to make some odd decisions.

Heliocentric
24-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Off the still walking corpse of Game I picked up some goodies today, I whole heartedly recommend you capitalise on their demise.

Creeping Death
24-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Off the still walking corpse of Game I picked up some goodies today, I whole heartedly recommend you capitalise on their demise.

While in one today I saw mostly empty shelves :/ A little of topic but does anyone know just how much longer their corpse is going to shamble around until they disappear from the high street entirely?

Rauten
24-03-2012, 10:04 PM

This. Friend of mine just bought a copy of Saints Row 3 for 10€ at the local branch, and we're not even in the UK.

Dare_Wreck
24-03-2012, 10:09 PM
Fantastic games - get used to being killed frequently and without much warning tho - save a LOT!!

Ironically, saving a lot in Fallout 1 actually screwed me over and I couldn't finish the game unless I started completely over, due to how you have a limited number of save slots. In the part where you get a lot of radiation, I kept saving every 5-10 minutes in case I messed up and got an overdose which killed me, hoping that I'd be able to load an earlier save and back out and get the necessary items to make it through.

Well, what I didn't realize (no real spoilers here, don't worry), is that if you do get an overdose, you don't die immediately - you keel over a day later. So, I made it all the way through that section, only to die a short distance after leaving it. Even going back to my earliest save, I couldn't escape without dying. I was about 80% of the way through the game, so I was so mad that I never bothered to go back and play again. I ended up just watching the ending on YouTube instead. The worst part? I mixed up the RadX item with RadAway and loaded up on the wrong thing before entering that area! :(

So beware - if you do play Fallout 1, make sure you don't overdo your saves, or at least back them up to a different directory so that you don't accidentally lose a good save slot!!

Corpekata
25-03-2012, 10:31 AM
Red Faction Armageddon for 5.00 USD at Gamersgate. Registers on Steam.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RFA/red-faction-armageddon?caff=3884871

This is also the last day of their THQ sale so may want to snag other stuff if it it tickles your fancy, pretty much everything but brand new stuff is 50 percent off.

frightlever
25-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Indiegala 3 is out. Maybe worth pointing out that it's a really weak collection of games, but possibly worth it for cheap.

trjp
25-03-2012, 06:11 PM
Today's Squeenix sale on Steam is Dungeon Siege III for £7.50 (or DS 1,2,3 and 3's expansion for £9.49)

Bit of a waste of time given that DS3 alone is <£4 on Zavvi and <£3 on Amazon - 1 and 2 are pennies from eBay and so on...

Althea
25-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Bit of a waste of time given that DS3 alone is <£4 on Zavvi and <£3 on Amazon - 1 and 2 are pennies from eBay and so on...
Add in shipping (for eBay) and you're looking at another £3-4 on top of that, so you're already at £7.

TailSwallower
25-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Last time they were on special I was informed that the Steam versions of DS1 & 2 are kind of neutered - they won't run mods. And there are some really fascinating sounding mods (reworks of classic RPGs into the DS engine), so that was enough to convince me not to get the Steam versions.

Sketch
25-03-2012, 08:22 PM
DS 1 & 2 from Steam also don't have working multiplayer.

sopabuena
25-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Red Faction Armageddon for 5.00 USD at Gamersgate. Registers on Steam.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-RFA/red-faction-armageddon?caff=3884871

This is also the last day of their THQ sale so may want to snag other stuff if it it tickles your fancy, pretty much everything but brand new stuff is 50 percent off.

Do you guys recommend Armageddon? I enjoyed Guerilla but found it overall to be to shallow, with things being there just for
me to destroy them

Corpekata
25-03-2012, 08:47 PM
Do you guys recommend Armageddon? I enjoyed Guerilla but found it overall to be to shallow, with things being there just for
me to destroy them

I thought it was okay. It's not very similar to Guerilla, as it is far more linear. If I had paid full price I might've been disappointed, but it's a solid sub-10 dollar game.

Ravelle
25-03-2012, 10:02 PM
DS 1 & 2 from Steam also don't have working multiplayer.

Uhm I'm sure they do unless they removed the multiplayer.

Sketch
25-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Nope it's completely disabled.

There might be a fan patch, but as it is it's taken out.

trjp
25-03-2012, 11:59 PM
Add in shipping (for eBay) and you're looking at another £3-4 on top of that, so you're already at £7.

Assuming you actually want DS1 and DS2 - DS1 was a super-linear hack-and-slash which is now quite dated and DS2 was a weird thing which (last time I checked) did not play well with modern PCs and widescreen displays).

The 'star' of the bundle is surely DS3 and when it's 1/3rd the price elsewhere, you'd need to be DEAD keen to get the Steam bundle I think.

Spider Jerusalem
26-03-2012, 03:02 AM
me to destroy them
yes: gravity gun.

Corpekata
26-03-2012, 11:23 AM
For anyone that was annoyed by the lack of Thief daily deal on Steam it is 75 percent off over at Gamersgate, at 5 USD. The first game is also on sale (2.50) and there's a package deal for like 6 bucks. For whatever reason they don't sell the second game.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-THIEF3/thief-deadly-shadows?caff=3884871

Althea
26-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Syndicate (UK) - £17.50 (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-SYNDICATEUK/syndicate-uk) on GamersGate
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (UK) - £17.50 (http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-KOARUK/kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning-uk) on GamersGate.

Not sure how long they'll last, but KoA:R has been on sale a few days now.

Wizardry
26-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Assuming you actually want DS1 and DS2 - DS1 was a super-linear hack-and-slash which is now quite dated and DS2 was a weird thing which (last time I checked) did not play well with modern PCs and widescreen displays).

The 'star' of the bundle is surely DS3 and when it's 1/3rd the price elsewhere, you'd need to be DEAD keen to get the Steam bundle I think.
No. The star of the bundle would be DS1 if both Ultima V: Lazarus and the Ultima 6 Project work with the Steam version.

vinraith
26-03-2012, 08:02 PM
No. The star of the bundle would be DS1 if both Ultima V: Lazarus and the Ultima 6 Project work with the Steam version.

They don't. The Steam versions of DS1 and DS2 don't play well with mods, and lack multiplayer support.

Edit: Or perhaps I'm wrong, per Wizardry's post below.

Wizardry
26-03-2012, 08:06 PM
They don't.
Apparently they do. A quick Google search confirms it. Unless the Steam version was recently updated of course.

Ravelle
26-03-2012, 11:51 PM
Apparently they do. A quick Google search confirms it. Unless the Steam version was recently updated of course.

Turns out he was right, the game had a great multiplayer campaign and was a blast to play with friends, but turns out they removed it for some reason in the steam version, really a shame because it's not that fun to play alone.

Corpekata
27-03-2012, 12:05 AM
There are workarounds for the first game's multiplayer. Not sure about the second. They play fine with mods (at least the ones I've tried, like the popular Ultima 5 remake) as well. The lack of expansions is the big glaring issue really.

Memph
27-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Sonic 4 for two quid is it? Pfft, oh go on then Steam. ONE more cheap game...

Heliocentric
27-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't do it! It's rubbish.

Not rubbish is Need for Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed which is £6 on GamersGate.

Corpekata
27-03-2012, 04:01 PM
Gamersgate continues a pretty good couple weeks of daily deals with Skydrift today. 7.50 USD, registers on Steam. Solid little game.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SKYDRIFT/skydrift?caff=3884871

They also have a massive sale on weird casual games on sale that looks sort of nightmarish.

Ravelle
27-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Don't do it! It's rubbish.

Not rubbish is Need for Speed SHIFT 2 Unleashed which is £6 on GamersGate.

I can't seem to find on Gamersgate.

jnx
27-03-2012, 06:47 PM
King Arthur 2 is -40% (All of KA actually) on Steam. Anyone know if they've managed to fix the horrible performance issues? Would love to play the game but the demo was constant <20fps and from what I read so was the release.

Althea
27-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I can't seem to find on Gamersgate.
It's the UK version on sale.

icupnimpn2
28-03-2012, 06:21 AM
It's contradictory. On one hand it says a bundle, on the other it says "single package", so I would guess it's a 10GB+ download.

Nah. I have the D&D collection from Impulse and you can download each game in the pack separately.

Althea
28-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Nah. I have the D&D collection from Impulse and you can download each game in the pack separately.
So, it's the bundle then? Fair enough.

Corpekata
28-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Gamersgate has 75 percent off Kane and Lynch 2 for 3.75 USD. Registers on Steam: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-KL2DD/kane-and-lynch-2-dog-days?caff=3884871

JamesG
28-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Not sure if its a pricing error, but Neverwinter Nights 2 (Mac version) is 79p on Gamersgate:

http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-NWN2M/neverwinter-nights-2-mac?caff=1330211

If you game on the Mac, and haven't played it, then it's worth a go at that price (well, assuming you remotely tolerate middle-age-school RPGs). Unfortunately it doesn't include Mask of the Betrayer, which GG don't even seem to carry a Mac version of.

Corpekata
28-03-2012, 08:18 PM
It's been that price for a good two weeks now so it's not an error. Amazon even price matched it.

Oshada
29-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Gamersgate have 60-75% off everything Tropico, except for Modern Times for Tropico 4.

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=tropicoweekend&aff=ggnews

Althea
29-03-2012, 12:05 PM
Also, don't buy the Tropico Pack - You get more (for less) in Tropico Trilogy (which is Tropico Reloaded + Tropico 3 Gold)

Colonel J
29-03-2012, 06:31 PM
There's been some price dropping on Skyrim retail today - Amazon UK has it down to £21.47 (http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Elder-Scrolls-Skyrim-DVD/dp/B004G5YW5Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333041754&sr=1-1) so I expect they're price matching someone. I went for it at that price now I've cleared some of my post-Christmas backlog. I was waiting for Steam's Easter or Summer sale on Skyrim but went for this on Amazon instead, Steam would need to reduce by 40% to beat that price which I kind of doubt they would in the next few months. And hey, I get a paper map and new game box smell.

Also Play.com have Mass Effect 3 for £17.99 (http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/19250951/Mass-Effect-3/Product.html?searchstring=mass+effect+3+pc&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search) on daily deal until midnight tonight. Amazon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mass-Effect-3-PC-DVD/dp/B004T8C20U/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1333042098&sr=1-1) have price matched them.

LTK
29-03-2012, 09:00 PM
So I'm looking around for the cheapest version of Rayman: Origins which just hit Steam for €30. I checked the usual sites - Greenmangaming, play.com, amazon, Gamefly UK (used to be D2D) - which all have it for six or seven euros less, but I'm on a tighter budget still.

Imagine my surprise when I go to the official site for Rayman: Origins, click on "Now available for PC", and see it in the Ubisoft store (I didn't know there was one) as a downloadable for €20; two-thirds of what Steam is charging. I'm not much closer to buying it, as it would entail giving money directly to Ubisoft, but I'm rather shocked to see that their site is actually charging a fair price for a game obviously localized to the Netherlands. I wonder what else they have?

elephant god
30-03-2012, 10:46 AM
That midweek madness thing is a very good deal for Trine 2 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/35720/)! I loved the first game and this one looks even more stunning, and includes online co-op.

Oshada
30-03-2012, 10:53 AM
It's a Trine special on Steam this weekend, Trine is 80% off, Trine 2 is 50% off. I believe this is the first time Trine 2 has been discounted. Gotham City Impostors is 50% off as well as assorted Age of Empires Online related things.

Equim
30-03-2012, 02:47 PM
I'm sure a lot of you know about this already but I'll just throw it out there for those who might know about it.
http://g2play.net runs promotions/bargains every day and even more during the weekends, so it's a good site to keep an eye on.
(Though they run the same games over and over again quite a lot as well)
But it's a good site for buying games in general due to the cheap prices.

renhoelder
30-03-2012, 04:18 PM
I'm sure a lot of you know about this already but I'll just throw it out there for those who might know about it.
http://g2play.net runs promotions/bargains every day and even more during the weekends, so it's a good site to keep an eye on.

Be sure to read the details though, some games are region restricted and some need language change packs.

Corpekata
30-03-2012, 04:30 PM
Gamersgate has the Neverwinters Nights complete set (both games and all xpacs) for 7.50 USD again: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete?caff=3884871

Also GOG has half off some Activision games. Notables are Arcanum and Vampire the Masquerade, along with the Zork series.

Citruspunch
30-03-2012, 09:08 PM
www.impulsedriven.com (http://www.impulsedriven.com) have this for $16.49. limited supply. unlocks on steam.http://www.impulsedriven.com/saintsrow3

Tikey
31-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Impluse seems to hate my credit card.
I'll wait until it's on sale on Steam

Pertusaria
31-03-2012, 12:31 PM
So... is Tropico 4 enough better than 3 (Gold) that I should pay twice as much for it? I don't know the series, but I've heard enough good things to make me curious.

Althea
31-03-2012, 12:57 PM
I don't think it's the best deal I've seen for Tropico 3 Gold. I'm sure it's been £3.74 before.

Heliocentric
31-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Actually, I prefer 3 but 4 has a much prettier, interface and is probably easier. But that's probably my greatest complaint, Tropico is a game about doing your best with a bad situation, Tropico 4 is short on hard times which force hard decisions.

dancanman
31-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Newegg.com Has Ghost Recon:Future Soldier PC (!) for 47.99 When you use the promo code
EMCYTZT1385 Between now and 11:59PM PT Sunday night.

Pertusaria
31-03-2012, 03:05 PM
OK, I got the Tropico trilogy since 4 is probably not significantly better than 3. Also, 2, with the pirates, sounds like fun. Thanks, Althea and Helio!

Althea
31-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Bulletstorm - Steam Daily; £3.75 (http://store.steampowered.com/app/99810/)

This is an absolute steal. Literally. I paid 10 times that, and I don't regret it.

It uses GfWL though, so some might not like it, but to them I say get a grip on your dicks and pucker your assholes.

Shoddan
31-03-2012, 06:23 PM

What is the overall consensus from RPS on sites like this. It looks pretty dodgy.

sopabuena
31-03-2012, 06:39 PM
It would be awesome if someone wants to help me smuggle Bulletstorm!

Tritagonist
31-03-2012, 06:43 PM

This is an absolute steal. Literally. I paid 10 times that, and I don't regret it.
I'd like to second this. It's great fun, and even if you had doubts about it before, it's definitely worth the €5,- Steam is asking today.

vinraith
31-03-2012, 06:53 PM

Forgive the barrage of questions but:

How's the co-op? Does it work with 2 players? Is it the campaign, or something else?

Heliocentric
31-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Yeah, this is exactly the kind of game I'd happily pass up on at a higher rate price point but is now tempting.

Time to learn skill shots I guess.

Giaddon
31-03-2012, 07:20 PM
How's the co-op? Does it work with 2 players? Is it the campaign, or something else?

The co-op is a an arena/horde mode called Anarchy, where you need to earn enough points (through skillshots) to advance to the next wave. Two people can definitely play it, but getting the very highest scores will be a challenge. The campaign is not co-op.

vinraith
31-03-2012, 07:23 PM
The co-op is a an arena/horde mode called Anarchy, where you need to earn enough points (through skillshots) to advance to the next wave. Two people can definitely play it, but getting the very highest scores will be a challenge. The campaign is not co-op.

Gratzi......

renhoelder
31-03-2012, 08:57 PM

It uses GfWL though, so some might not like it, but to them I say get a grip on your dicks and pucker your assholes.

For anyone who can't buy this game because of regional restrictions, an amazon rep said they will be pricematching the game soon, so you can buy it from there.
Also they have Ass Creed: Rev for ~25$:
linky (http://www.amazon.com/Ubisoft-40870Revelations5-Assassins-Revelations-Download/dp/B006CUIZ9A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333223837&sr=8-1)

Thermal Ions
01-04-2012, 04:59 AM
http://g2play.net (http://g2play.net/)

What is the overall consensus from RPS on sites like this. It looks pretty dodgy.
Buyer beware. I got convinced to try it by some friends, and got burnt - bought DA Ultimate Edition, got base game only. Refused to provide edition I paid for or refund. Paypal was no help as they don't cover such purchases.

Shoddan
01-04-2012, 06:14 AM
Buyer beware. I got convinced to try it by some friends, and got burnt - bought DA Ultimate Edition, got base game only. Refused to provide edition I paid for or refund. Paypal was no help as they don't cover such purchases.

Alright, thanks for the tip. Read up a bit more on it; looks like Steam doesn't really encourage the use of codes from there, either. I've heard of some people saying that it breaches the EULA and/or your account can get shut down if you are caught with one. Not really sure why, and all I can gather is some muddled stories about it having to do with how G2P acquires the codes and whatnot.

Think I'll probably pass on it, which is a shame, because the prices are crazy cheap on some titles.

Rauten
01-04-2012, 01:37 PM
I've used G2Play a buncha times, so I guess I'll try to clarify a bit:

G2Play most of the time uses the mind bogglingly difference in prices between eastern europe and western europe. Yes, free trade and all that, but they're NOT approved retailers, for any game dev or publisher, or for Steam itself, so it's in a very grey area, legally speaking; while there is free trade, they're not approved by the companies to be selling their games.

Friend of mine got caught with a code from there, Steam merely removed that one game from his account. This was quite a while ago, though, so it may not be Steam's modus operandi anymore. Also, G2Play returned his money.

Also, beware, when buying for the first time, they tend to ask for a picture of some form of ID, to prevent scams, and I imagine most of you wouldn't be particularly happy about the idea.

As a final word, remember that Steam is not particularly keen on the idea of using such a "service", but it rarely ever can detect when someone has indeed used it.
Guess what I'm trying to say is: purchase at your own risk. It works, but it's not without it's... issues

Miker
02-04-2012, 03:05 AM
Word on the street is that Amazon Digital Downloads will have Crusader Kings II for $18 (requires Steam) and L.A. Noire for $5 (dunno DRM) for their Easter sale right around the corner.

Rauten
02-04-2012, 03:17 AM
Word on the street is that Amazon Digital Downloads will have Crusader Kings II for $18 (requires Steam) and L.A. Noire for $5 (dunno DRM) for their Easter sale right around the corner.

Is CK2 good? I have one friend that can't stop playing it, but I can hardly picture his opinion as "fair" or "balanced" when it comes to Paradox strategy games.

agentorange
02-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Is CK2 good? I have one friend that can't stop playing it, but I can hardly picture his opinion as "fair" or "balanced" when it comes to Paradox strategy games.

It's the most accessible (and just downright easy) of the Paradox grand strategy games. If you've had an interest in them it's definitely the one to pick up. There is a demo btw.

Corpekata
02-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Serious Sam 2 is 4.00 USD over at Gamersgate. Steamworks: http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-SS2/serious-sam-2?caff=3884871

They also have the other SS games on sale, but this is the notable one really given the other ones have more frequently hit much cheaper on Steam.

Heliocentric
02-04-2012, 11:02 AM
Word on the street is that Amazon Digital Downloads will have [...] L.A. Noire for $5 (dunno DRM) for their Easter sale right around the corner.

Noire is steamworks so you can just plop the key in steam.

sopabuena
02-04-2012, 11:22 AM
I think only the Steam version is Steamworks

Althea
02-04-2012, 01:43 PM
Indeed, only the Steam version is Steamworks - just like Arkham City.

Rauten
02-04-2012, 04:37 PM
It's the most accessible (and just downright easy) of the Paradox grand strategy games. If you've had an interest in them it's definitely the one to pick up. There is a demo btw.

Hhm, guess I¡ll keep an eye out for it, thanks.

Shoddan
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Impulse has The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena on for $9.99 USD. Comes bundled with Escape from Butcher Bay, which is a pretty good deal if you haven't had a chance to play either of the games.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/riddick

Corpekata
03-04-2012, 02:10 AM
Well, every version comes bundled with Butcher Bay, Dark Athena has always been bundled with it.

trjp
03-04-2012, 02:41 AM
GreenManGaming have a few deals on atm - most outstanding being Driver: SF for £6-odd

It's a fantastic game - if you don't love it to bits you should give-up playing any other arcade driving game EVER - simple as.

Easily my game of last year...

SirKicksalot
03-04-2012, 04:15 AM
FEAR 3 is only $7.68 on GMG. One of the best recent shooters. Certainly much better than Project Origin and feels closer to the original.

Heliocentric
03-04-2012, 07:05 AM
GreenManGaming have a few deals on atm - most outstanding being Driver: SF for £6-odd

It's a fantastic game - if you don't love it to bits you should give-up playing any other arcade driving game EVER - simple as.

I'd love to get this but a UbiDRM game wrapped in a store's proprietary drm is a bridge too far for me. I don't even have any non free games from them that did not activate on steam or origin.

trjp
03-04-2012, 12:39 PM
UBIDRM in the case of Driver:SF consists of it installing UPlay and doing a on-off check when you install it. I didn't have to create an account (tho I've done so previously on this PC I think so perhaps you would)

My copy came from GetGames and had no other DRM included - don't see why GmG would force any!?

After that you can tick the 'offline' box and forget it exists.

Loads of people moaned that Driver was included in their server shutdown debacle but they all ignored that 'offline' tickbox which would have let them play (in the same way Steam Offline does - basically it needs to be online ONCE to enable that).

Winged Nazgul
03-04-2012, 12:49 PM

Would you happen to have a direct link? Searching on their website isn't turning up anything.

Edlennion
03-04-2012, 12:52 PM
Shogun 2 is currently £4.99 on Amazon (UK), which seems like a pretty decent deal.

They also have Fall of the Samurai for £15.23, which is also cheaper than anywhere else I've seen it.

Heliocentric
03-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Would you happen to have a direct link? Searching on their website isn't turning up anything.

Looks to be UK only, sale over now.
http://www.greenmangaming.co.uk/games/racing/driver-san-francisco/

Winged Nazgul
03-04-2012, 01:04 PM
UK only? Makes me feel better for missing it then. :)

jnx
03-04-2012, 02:52 PM
So Patrician IV Gold is 9 euros on Gamersgate. Worth it? Comments?

Althea
03-04-2012, 03:15 PM
So Patrician IV Gold is 9 euros on Gamersgate. Worth it? Comments?
It's a bit like Anno but not. Think what would happen if Related Designs, Blue Bye and Paradox Interactive had a strange love child, and that's Patrician IV.

I've only played a bit of the base game, and it's a little strange for new players, but I thought it was okay. Thinking about the expansion but not sure.

jnx
03-04-2012, 03:19 PM
From what I've read now it would seem that the expansion is a big deal.

pkdawson
03-04-2012, 04:05 PM
If Patrician IV sounds like a thing you'll like, you'll probably like it. It's a good trading/economic sim, where you start with one ship and build up to a vast, semi-automated trading empire.

If you've already played Patrician 2/3 though, there's nothing new.

Citruspunch
03-04-2012, 06:12 PM
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0030HRNY6
$4.25

Citruspunch
03-04-2012, 06:59 PM
also, amazon.com have a 75% of thq downloads
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_361534202_17?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-9&pf_rd_r=1EKWR2QQKBQVX7HGZRA1&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1359178642&pf_rd_i=1000208101

and steam:
midweek madness - X franchise
deal of the day - Capsized $2.50

SirKicksalot
03-04-2012, 09:52 PM
Blur is 5 Euros on Steam. Awesome game.

Scumbag
03-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Capsized (http://store.steampowered.com/app/95300/) is the daily deal on Steam. Its silly cheap and rather charming.
RPS Wot they think (http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/05/capsized-review/) (worth looking at just for the Wulf comments)

Miker
04-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Mega copy pasta from CheapAssGamer's Amazon digital deals thread:

Deals Starting 4/5-4/15: (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000789381)

High Impact Deals (Feel free to provide feedback):

The Darkness II-12.49
Mass Effect 3 - $49.99 (Standard only)
Kingdoms of Amalur: $39.99
Syndicate - 39.99
Crysis 2 - $7.49
Crusader Kings II (Only good 4/5-4/8)-17.99
Saints Row: The Third-24.99
Major League Baseball 2K12-19.99
Serious Sam 3: BFE-11.99
Warhammer 40K: Space Marine: $9.99
Dragon Age Pack (Dragon Age Origins Ultimate+Dragon Age 2) -9.99
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter-5.99
Grand Theft Auto IV - 4.99
Shift 2 - Unleashed - 4.99
The Saboteur - 4.99
L.A. Noire - 4.99
Serious Sam 2-2.99
Serious Sam Double D-2.39
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter-1.49

Other Awesome Deals (Sorted by Price):

$12-$30 Deals:

Call of Duty: Black Ops-29.99
King Arthur II (Only good 4/5-4/8) -17.99
Mount & Blade Bundle-14.99
Cities in Motion Collection-11.99
Paradox Deep Sea Collection-11.99

$5-$10 Deals:

Rise of Flight Iron Cross Edition - 9.99
Stronghold 3 - 9.99
ArmA 2-9.99
ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead-9.99
ArmA2: Combined Operations-9.99
Hearts of Iron III Collection-8.99
Majesty Pack-8.94
The Kings' Crusade & New Allies Expansion Bundle-7.99
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare [Mac Download]-7.99
Defenders of Ardania (Only good 4/5-4/8) -6.74
Commander: Conquest of the Americas-5.99
East India Company Collection-5.99
Ship Simulator Extremes-5.99
Sword of the Stars: Ultimate Collection-5.99
Magicka Collection-5.99

Games $5 and under:

Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes - 4.99
Pacific Storm Allies - 4.99
Big Rig Europe-4.99
Hot Dog King-4.99
Crash Time 2-4.99
Nikopol-Secret of the Immortals-4.99
Race Team Manager-4.99
The Chosen-Well of Souls-4.99
Deer Drive-4.99
Biathlon 2009-4.99
Battle Mages: Sign of Darkness-4.99
Winter Sports 2009-4.99
Hacker Evolution: Untold-4.99
Future Wars-4.99
Greed-4.99
Shadowgrounds Survivor-4.99
Great Journey-4.99
Hard Truck: Rise of the Clans-4.99
Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter-4.49
King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame-3.99
Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943-3.99
Crusader King Complete-3.99
The Kings' Crusade-3.99
Mount & Blade: Warband -3.99
Swords of the Star - Complete Collection-3.99
Victoria II-3.99
Blood Bowl - Dark Elves Edition-3.99
Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper-3.99
Runaway A Twist Of Fate-3.99
Bus Driver-3.99
Alpha Prime-3.99
Penguins Arena-3.99
Xpand Rally Xtreme-3.99
Space Trader-3.99
GTI Racing-3.99
Chrome-3.99
Avencast: Rise of the Mage-3.99
Obulis-3.99
Scratches - Director's Cut-3.99
Trapped Dead-3.99
Battle Mages-3.99
Dark Matter-3.99
Ice Land 2-3.99
Hacker Evolution-3.99
Gear Grinder-3.99
Chains-3.99
Daemonica-3.99
Al Emmo and The Lost Dutchman's Mine-3.99
Post Apocalyptic Mayhem -3.99
Space Hack-3.99
Shadowgrounds-3.99
Operation Matriarchy-3.99
Tank Universal-3.99
Wasteland Angel-3.99
Australia Zoo Animal Links-3.99
Vigil: Blood Bitterness-3.99
XPand Rally-3.99
Three Musketeers-3.99
Dracula Twins-3.99
Astroslugs-3.99
Elven Legacy Collection-2.99
Mount & Blade-2.99
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West-1.99
Elven Legacy-1.99
Europa Universalis Rome Gold-1.99
Hearts of Iron III-1.99
Legio -1.99
Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim-1.99
Supreme Ruler 2020 Gold-1.99
Victoria Complete-1.99
Silverfall-1.99
Silverfall: Earth Awakening-1.99
Runaway A Road Adventure-1.99
Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle-1.99
Sword of the Stars Argos Naval Yard Expansion-1.79
Magicka: The Stars Are Left DLC-1.79
Cities in Motion: U.S. Cities DLC-1.79
Ship Simulator Extremes: Cargo Vessel DLC-1.49
Pirates of Black Cove - Origins DLC-1.49
Ship Simulator Extreme: Offshore Vessel DLC-1.49
Sigita - Ship Simulator Expansion #1-1.198
Commander: Conquest of the Americas - Colonial Navy (Expansion)-0.99
Majesty 2: Battles of Ardania Expansion-0.99
Majesty 2 Kingmaker - Expansion-0.99
Majesty Gold-0.99
Woody Two-Legs: Attack of the Zomie Pirates-0.99
Magicka: Horror Props DLC-0.89
Magicka: Holiday Spirit DLC-0.59

Darkness II for $12.50! Crusader Kings II for $18! L.A. Noire for $5! Pretty damn good.

Warble
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
also, amazon.com have a 75% of thq downloads
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_361534202_17?ie=UTF8&docId=1000716161&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-9&pf_rd_r=1EKWR2QQKBQVX7HGZRA1&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_p=1359178642&pf_rd_i=1000208101

and steam:
midweek madness - X franchise
deal of the day - Capsized $2.50

Having never played any of the X sereis, and not knowing very much about it on the whole, which game would be best to start with?

EDIT: Spotted the thread asking the exact same question further down the page. :)

Mana_Garmr
04-04-2012, 02:29 PM

Kingdoms of Amalur: $39.99
Syndicate - 39.99

Those are deals? What the hell prices do they normally cost?

Kodeen
04-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Those are deals? What the hell prices do they normally cost?

$60 each.

10char

Citruspunch
04-04-2012, 05:22 PM
amazon.com also have Dungeon Siege 3 for $5
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JJAW

I recall it was cheapo on steam recently, but can't remember how much for. Either way, this is apparently 87% off!

renhoelder
04-04-2012, 06:07 PM
amazon.com also have Dungeon Siege 3 for $5
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0JJAW

I recall it was cheapo on steam recently, but can't remember how much for. Either way, this is apparently 87% off!

Sadly the download version is still $15, for anyone not in the states the posting would be more expensive than the game itself, they had the download version for about $5 during the Christmas sale though.

Rinox
04-04-2012, 06:30 PM
Deals Starting 4/5-4/15: (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?tag=cheapassgam08-20&docId=1000789381)

Mass Effect 3 is 17£ on Amazon.co.uk. Lowest I've seen it go for anywhere so far.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mass-Effect-3-PC-DVD/dp/B004T8C20U

Citruspunch
04-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Fifa 12 for $19 on el dodgy http://www.g2play.net/store/

SpaceChem is steams deal o the day for $3.39

Also, the Free to play Spiral Knights is doing an anniversary special week in game stuff thing

Tritagonist
04-04-2012, 06:45 PM
Arcade-racer Blur (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/blur) by Bizarre Creations (http://www.mobygames.com/company/bizarre-creations-ltd)is on Steam for €5,-. It's pretty much Mario Kart with real cars, and though not ground-breaking in its accomplishments, it's a pretty enjoyable game.

Edit: I see SirKicksalot posted about this on the previous page:

Blur is 5 Euros on Steam. Awesome game.

In any case; it's an arcade racer I'd recommend to anyone interested in the genre. I have to imagine multi-player is pretty inactive now, but even just the single-player is a good deal for €5,-.

JamesG
04-04-2012, 07:08 PM
GamersGate's have 67% off Dead Space 2 in the UK:
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/DD-DS2UK/dead-space-2?caff=1330211
putting it at £4.93, (£4.19 with IGN discount)

They also have Dragon Age 2 for £7.48, and amusingly Dragon Age: Origins for the same price.

Smashbox
04-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I tried to tell you that Patrician IV is totally worthwhile, but the forum keeps eating my responses.

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

Althea
04-04-2012, 07:32 PM

They also have Dragon Age 2 for £7.48, and amusingly Dragon Age: Origins for the same price.
Those in the UK may like to know Dragon Age 2 can be purchased from PC World Downloads for £7.49, or £5.99 (roughly) with the pcgamer20 discount code.

However, I didn't receive a Black Emporium code with my purchase. Oops.

renhoelder
04-04-2012, 07:39 PM
Arcade-racer Blur (http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/blur) by Bizarre Creations (http://www.mobygames.com/company/bizarre-creations-ltd)is on Steam for €5,-. It's pretty much Mario Kart with real cars, and though not ground-breaking in its accomplishments, it's a pretty enjoyable game.

Edit: I see SirKicksalot posted about this on the previous page:

In any case; it's an arcade racer I'd recommend to anyone interested in the genre. I have to imagine multi-player is pretty inactive now, but even just the single-player is a good deal for €5,-.

Thanks, just what I wanted to know, I think I'll spring for this instead the new Ridge Racer.

I'd be cheaper to just get the Dragon Age pack from amazon.com for $9.99 which should have all of em for less and register on Origin.

jnx
04-04-2012, 07:47 PM
I grabbed the Patrician 4 Gold and have been enjoying it well enough. It has a nasty habit of crashing though, often when saving (grrr). Any way to make it more stable? Seems quite random.

Heliocentric
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Space Chem is the daily deal (for the next few hours) on steam for £2.37, the best thing about this is the satisfaction of solving an epic problem with the logical equivalent of duct tape, the worst thing is playing it in your dreams and you can never solve the problem.
*shudders*

Casimir Effect
05-04-2012, 06:55 PM
...the worst thing is playing it in your dreams and you can never solve the problem.
*shudders*
So glad I'm not the only one. It kept me awake at night for many hours.

Althea
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Fallout 1 will be free on GOG for the next 48hrs starting, well, soon.

Although I reckon most people have it.

Flint
05-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Fallout 1 for free on GOG for the next 48 hours.

This is somewhat tragicomical for me seeing as I bought the game from GOG this morning.

Heliocentric
05-04-2012, 07:07 PM
Frozen Synapse is £<more than I paid for it months ago ta> on steam today.

Althea
05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
£6.45 or about £7.20 w/ soundtrack.

SirKicksalot
05-04-2012, 07:37 PM
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - 4 dollars/euros on GetGames (http://getgamesgo.com/product/operation-flashpoint-red-river)

Opinions? I kinda want to buy it. Played the Dragon Rising demo and all I remember is the piss filter and bad controls.
I don't mind a mediocre shooter. As long as it's better than the Battlefield campaigns or about the same quality as Homefront, it's OK for me.

Kodeen
05-04-2012, 07:56 PM
Fallout 1 for free on GOG for the next 48 hours.

This is somewhat tragicomical for me seeing as I bought the game from GOG this morning.

If I were you I'd send a request to support for a refund or a gift code for a different game. Maybe they'll be reasonable, couldn't hurt I guess.

Heliocentric
05-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Operation Flashpoint: Red River - 4 dollars/euros on GetGames (http://getgamesgo.com/product/operation-flashpoint-red-river)

Opinions? I kinda want to buy it. Played the Dragon Rising demo and all I remember is the piss filter and bad controls.
I don't mind a mediocre shooter. As long as it's better than the Battlefield campaigns or about the same quality as Homefront, it's OK for me.

You can't look around while driving a vehicle, wtf is that about? Even dumb as bricks BF2 realised situational awareness is critical.

Arma 2 had me leaving AI to shoot while I drove because so often it was at dots on the horizon, but Opflash reboot went one better, it had me issuing commands on the map while in a vehicle.

Corpekata
05-04-2012, 09:08 PM
Indiefort bundle hosted by Gamersgate is live: http://indiefort.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1?caff=3884871

Kenshi (Alpha)
Steel Storm Burning Retribution
Wanderlust: Rebirth
Cardinal Quest
Devil Whiskey
Black Market

6 games for 6.00 USD minimum, though you can pay more and the money goes straight to the devs (Gamersgate won't take a cut of it). They also have several tiered bonuses. The Cardinal Quest soundtrack is already unlocked, and there are like 5 more that could (some are based on units sold, and some are based on money made) including it looks like a couple of future games by the devs.

TailSwallower
05-04-2012, 09:09 PM
£6.45 or about £7.20 w/ soundtrack.

And that's a great soundtrack too. YMMV, but I like it.

alms
05-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Indiefort bundle hosted by Gamersgate is live: http://indiefort.gamersgate.com/indiefort-bundle-1?caff=3884871

is that an affiliation code?

Althea
05-04-2012, 09:22 PM
It appears to be.

Here's the I'm Not A Misleading Dick version:
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/indiefort-bundle-1

alms
05-04-2012, 09:24 PM
I guess they get BC for that?

http://indiefort.gamersgate.com for those outside UK.

Corpekata
05-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I've been posting aff links for a couple months now, and nobody has complained about it before, didn't realize it got people upset. Apologies.

Heliocentric
05-04-2012, 09:53 PM
I've been posting aff links for a couple months now, and nobody has complained about it before, didn't realize it got people upset. Apologies.
Really? I've been complaining about it for years.

Corpekata
05-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Really? I've been complaining about it for years.

Well, seems that you and I haven't even been a member of this forum for a year yet so my knowledge of your preferences might be slim. I meant more that I've posted links and this is the first time anyone has complained. The guy calling me a dick even quoted someone else posting an aff link on the previous page and didn't seem to notice or mind.

lhzr
05-04-2012, 10:12 PM
It appears to be.

Here's the I'm Not A Misleading Dick version:
http://www.gamersgate.co.uk/indiefort-bundle-1
Here's the I'm Not A Dick version:
Maybe next time when posting affiliate links try to mention that in your post. No biggie, though!

Anyway, got this for Kenshi, cheers Corpekata.

Heliocentric
05-04-2012, 10:16 PM
Well, seems that you and I haven't even been a member of this forum for a year yet so my knowledge of your preferences might be slim. I meant more that I've posted links and this is the first time anyone has complained. The guy calling me a dick even quoted someone else posting an aff link on the previous page and didn't seem to notice or mind.

Forum got updated, everyone lost their dates.
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/archive/index.php
I think I joined around 2008?

Not noticing is not the same as accepting.

JamesG
05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry, admit I've posted a couple of Gamer's Gate affiliate links here, hadn't realized it bothered people. (For what its worth, no one followed them.)

Wizardry
05-04-2012, 10:22 PM
Devil Whiskey
This game is a pretty decent Bard's Tale type of game, though it's not particularly stand out. The odd thing is that this game came out in 2003, which is 9 years ago. I don't really know what such an old indie game is doing there.

Althea
05-04-2012, 10:25 PM
The guy calling me a dick even quoted someone else posting an aff link on the previous page and didn't seem to notice or mind.
The girl calling you a dick did no such thing.

Edit: Yes, she did. But she did not post the aff link.

Edit 2: Actually, so what if I did? I wasn't the one giving aff links without pointing them out. Me quoting it does not make what you did any less impolite.

SirKicksalot
05-04-2012, 10:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjYzVKsJ2V4

Back on topic: Two Worlds 2 on sale for 15 dollars on Impulse (http://impulsedriven.com/twoworlds2). Maybe somewhere else too. It's getting free multiplayer DLC soon - 5 maps and a new mode where you protect the villain from hordes of monsters.

Heliocentric
05-04-2012, 10:43 PM
This game is a pretty decent Bard's Tale type of game, though it's not particularly stand out. The odd thing is that this game came out in 2003, which is 9 years ago. I don't really know what such an old indie game is doing there.

"THE BARREL HAS NO SCRAPINGS LEFT, TRY AND OLDER ONE" -Indie Bundle person
Fact: Indie Bundle people *always* shout.

MD!
05-04-2012, 11:24 PM

Edit: Yes, she did. But she did not post the aff link.

Edit 2: Actually, so what if I did? I wasn't the one giving aff links without pointing them out. Me quoting it does not make what you did any less impolite.

Point is though, you quoted an (equally-obvious, unflagged) affiliate link yesterday, responded civilly and made no mention of the affiliate link. Then the next day you bit Corpekata's head off for posting one, as if it was an Obviously Terrible thing to do. Bit of a laugh talking about 'impoliteness', too...

Althea
05-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Point is though, you quoted an (equally-obvious, unflagged) affiliate link yesterday, responded civilly and made no mention of the affiliate link. Then the next day you bit Corpekata's head off for posting one, as if it was an Obviously Terrible thing to do. Bit of a laugh talking about 'impoliteness', too...
That's because I didn't notice it. My ignorance, again, doesn't make the use of aff links (without clarification) any better.

ColOfNature
05-04-2012, 11:54 PM
Sorry if I'm being dense but I don't see what difference it makes if someone posts an affiliate link? I've never knowingly posted one, but I've never knowingly got all in a tizzy when I've spotted one either.

MD!
06-04-2012, 12:05 AM
That's because I didn't notice it. My ignorance, again, doesn't make the use of aff links (without clarification) any better.

Sure, but it could contribute to an impression that (unflagged) affiliate links are okay here. So to then call someone a Misleading Dick, when you do notice one a page later, seems extra-harsh.

That aside though, I'd be interested to know what the general feeling on affiliate links is here. It seems like most people agree that affiliate links can be posted but should always be explicitly mentioned?

I guess personally it doesn't bother me at all, because a) there's already not much quality filtering going on when it comes to posting deals here, so the 'conflict of interest' thing doesn't seem all that relevant, and b) affiliate links are (as far as I know) always identifiable from the URL, so anyone who doesn't trust the recommendations of affiliate-linkers can avoid them.

Obviously if someone is falsely enthusiastic about a game in order to get some affiliate click-throughs, that's a problem, but I guess I assume that anyone doing it at a scale that would make them non-trivial money would be pretty easy to notice and deal with.

Still, I can understand simplifying the whole thing by making it bad form to post affiliate links at all. Not sure about it being really bad if you don't mention it, and fine if you do, though. But it does make sense from a certain perspective.

Either way, I think if there is a consensus against affiliate linking, there should be some sort of written rule. Or an unofficial FAQ entry or something, just saying "it's not against RPS rules, but it is considered bad form here". You can't expect everyone else to share your view on how and when it is okay, even if it's the majority view here, so it's a bit much to jump on them when they may not know they're breaking etiquette.

edit: didn't see your post, Col. I'll chalk that up as one vote for 'not a problem'.

Althea
06-04-2012, 12:17 AM
The general consensus I've seen here is that if you're using an affiliate link without mentioning it, you're kinda being a bit rude, especially as most people would overlook the URL's minutae and click it anyway (the important stuff is title, store, price)

It's not that we don't like them, it's that it's just polite to say you're going to profit from that link.

I was a bit OTT, though. I'll admit that much.

Heliocentric
06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
I was a bit OTT, though.

What.... Aww... *puts out torch and lowers pitchfork*

Sorry if I'm being dense but I don't see what difference it makes if someone posts an affiliate link? I've never knowingly posted one, but I've never knowingly got all in a tizzy when I've spotted one either.

I'm happy to click one, as long as it is mentioned.

AlonePlusEasyTarget
06-04-2012, 12:57 PM
So Operation Flashpoint Red River is going for $4 now. Is it good for a bit of co-op fun? Anyone tried it before?

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/operation-flashpoint-red-river

Heliocentric
06-04-2012, 01:20 PM
So Operation Flashpoint Red River is going for $4 now. Is it good for a bit of co-op fun? Anyone tried it before?

http://www.getgamesgo.com/product/operation-flashpoint-red-river

The first one (of the codemasters ones) annoyed the hell out of me by not letting you look around while driving.

FuriKuri!
06-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I didn't really hate on the new Flashpoints like a lot of the older Flashpoint vets seemed to, although certainly a lot of the criticism levelled at them is overall quite fair.

Like Dragon Rising before it, it's a lot more focussed on infantry combat than old Flashpoint/ARMA is, and in terms of hardware you can forget about tanks and choppers etc - you drive a few jeeps and that's it. IMO though said combat feels a lot better (and the UI is substantially better) than that in ARMA.

Well worth $4 if you want what can perhaps be best described as a much less-linear (and less.... 'spammy') Call of Duty with plenty of open spaces and different angles of attack. The main downsides are that I don't know how much mod related stuff has been made for it and since the campaign isn't particularly long, once you've burned through it once or twice that's pretty much 'it'.

Sketch
06-04-2012, 06:34 PM
I remember hearing that the squad AI can be pretty bad. Probably a lot more fun in co-op.

goatmonkey
06-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Arkham City for £9.99 http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Batman-Arkham-City-UK/5002191/, I have no idea how good their service is or how I am getting their promotional deals but this is the best price I have seen it.

Just want a download service I actually use to match it now.

Alan Wake for £15.40 seems quite good too http://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Alan-Wake-UK/5003525/

Heliocentric
06-04-2012, 11:27 PM
Gamefly took over D2D, I own about 20 games with D2D but I can only access one... What happened to taking over?

Fuck gamefly, serious.

Althea
07-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Gamefly took over D2D, I own about 20 games with D2D but I can only access one... What happened to taking over?

Fuck gamefly, serious.
They said some games wouldn't be available when it returned, or some wouldn't be available for some time.

Bobtree
07-04-2012, 12:42 AM
GameStop have Anno 2070 Deluxe for download at $18.69.

Seen here with affiliate link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318972

Heliocentric
07-04-2012, 12:51 AM
They said some games wouldn't be available when it returned, or some wouldn't be available for some time.

Okay, to be fair, I just checked it and a few games are back, my issue was they were selling the games that "weren't available", and a good number of the games I still don't have available I could go and buy off game fly. In other words D2D customers were not getting fair treatm,ent, how much effort would it have taken to add a new product to an account?

CrinnyCow
07-04-2012, 02:32 AM
GameStop have Anno 2070 Deluxe for download at $18.69.

Seen here with affiliate link: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318972

Whats the state of the DRM of this game? I really enjoyed 1404, will I get more enjoyment out of this one?

Sketch
07-04-2012, 02:54 AM
Thanks for that. For anyone wondering, I'm from the UK and the UK site isn't selling it cheap, however I went through the US site and it took my to Impulse which is now wanting to charge me about £13 for it. Not bad at all.

Doesn't seem available now. Maybe a proxy would work.

Wizardry
07-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Oh my god guys!

http://www.gog.com/promo/might_magic_universe_2

rsherhod
07-04-2012, 08:53 AM
Oh my god guys!

http://www.gog.com/promo/might_magic_universe_2

So, Wizardry, what kind of games are those then?

Althea
07-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Whats the state of the DRM of this game? I really enjoyed 1404, will I get more enjoyment out of this one?
DRM is Tagés for activation and the mild form of UbiDRM (i.e. offline functionality exists, but removes some features). If your net connection is stable and you don't upgrade your PC every five minutes, you'll be fine.

As for what it is compared to 1404 - it's a little more complex in places, but largely the same game in new clothing.

Okay, to be fair, I just checked it and a few games are back, my issue was they were selling the games that "weren't available", and a good number of the games I still don't have available I could go and buy off game fly. In other words D2D customers were not getting fair treatm,ent, how much effort would it have taken to add a new product to an account?
Hey, it affects me too. Seem to have 'lost' my Sims 2 games.

jnx
07-04-2012, 09:48 AM
I don't know how Tages is these days but I had to crack my copy of Settlers 6 back in the day. It didn't recognize my discs as authentic. Needless to say, I was rather pissed off.

Althea
07-04-2012, 10:53 AM
I don't know how Tages is these days but I had to crack my copy of Settlers 6 back in the day. It didn't recognize my discs as authentic. Needless to say, I was rather pissed off.
It's fine now, fully patch the game and it removes the DRM.

As for Anno 2070 - it doesn't need the disc at all. Tagés only activates the game, UbiDRM does the rest.

agentorange
07-04-2012, 11:21 AM
So, Wizardry, what kind of games are those then?

I'm not Wizardry, but he's not the only one who's played those games. The Might and Magic games are first person RPGs: overworlds and dungeons, party management, etc. One of the defining games of that style. The setting is somewhat interesting, in that they mix the generic fantasy staples with off the wall sci-fi stuff. World of Xeen (MM 4 and 5) are the best, in my opinion; they have this cool system where if you have both of them installed on your system they become 1 huge game world. The cartoony graphics have aged very well too, unlike the fucking horrifying ugly photograph-like graphics used in 6 and onwards. Those two (three including the fan sequel) alone are worth the $5, and you might like them enough to want to play the others.

Wizardry
07-04-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm not Wizardry, but he's not the only one who's played those games. The Might and Magic games are first person RPGs: overworlds and dungeons, party management, etc. One of the defining games of that style. The setting is somewhat interesting, in that they mix the generic fantasy staples with off the wall sci-fi stuff. World of Xeen (MM 4 and 5) are the best, in my opinion; they have this cool system where if you have both of them installed on your system they become 1 huge game world. The cartoony graphics have aged very well too, unlike the fucking horrifying ugly photograph-like graphics used in 6 and onwards. Those two (three including the fan sequel) alone are worth the $5, and you might like them enough to want to play the others.
Yes. Though the third game is also very similar to the fourth and fifth, so that's at least three full games (four including the fan sequel Swords of Xeen) in that style.

The first two games are similar to each other and actually have the best combat systems in the series. They are closer to the old Wizardry model in that you have different ranks (and therefore a formation), with each one being able to do different things in combat. Fights are more tactical too but also a lot slower than the rest of the series.

Three, four, five (and the fan sequel Swords of Xeen) are, as agentorange described, the best in the series. Very fast paced turn-based combat in that pressing a button results in an immediate action. You can see enemies in advance in these games as they move from tile to tile in front of you (like a turn-based Dungeon Master/Eye of the Beholder). This allows you to shoot enemies from afar with ranged attacks before they close you down. You can literally kill an enemy a second in this combat engine. These are probably the fastest turn-based RPGs out there and will really change your opinion about the apparent slowness of turn-based combat.

Also, like agentorange said, you can combine the fourth game (Clouds of Xeen) and the fifth game (Darkside of Xeen) into one giant game called World of Xeen. Basically, each of these games takes place on one side of a flat planet, and you can move between the two freely. It's a really good concept and one I haven't seen again.

The sixth game is different. It came out in 1998 which was 5 years after the fifth game. It no longer has tile-based movement (you move around freely in 3D environments) and instead of the cartoon art-style of the previous games it uses photographic sprites. It also features real-time combat, but it does have a sort of turn-based mode you can use which works reasonably well. This game right here has one of the best soundtracks in gaming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aX3OSGFdnw&list=PLBCEA248DD1BD7F92&index=1&feature=plpp_video). It also features a different (and more in depth) character and levelling system that's overall an improvement to the series in my opinion.

You can get all of the above mentioned games in one single pack on GOG.com - the Might and Magic 6-pack for $4.99. That's 7 entire games spanning 12 years for just $4.99 this weekend.

The rest of the series? Well, the seventh and eighth game are very similar to the sixth game. In fact, they all use the same engine and came out a year apart (1999 and 2000 respectively). Some people prefer the seventh game to the sixth game, but the sixth game has better dungeons in my opinion so I give that a slight edge. The eight game has a different party system and plays more like a modern RPG where you recruit companions rather than one where you make your entire party. These two games also have fantastic (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVqbnGWqf6c&list=PL12E7DD14630F5408&index=1&feature=plpp_video) soundtracks (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsOnMTpUyJA&list=PLB19893DD4FE1B758&index=1&feature=plpp_video) too. Some even prefer the soundtracks to six. Overall, though, Might and Magic VIII is definitely weaker than VII and VI.

The ninth game in the series? Rushed out of the door in 2002 thanks to the publisher 3DO and it both led to the series' death and the death of the franchise's developer New World Computing. It's buggy and incomplete. It also features a full 3D engine with 3D characters and enemies (no sprites) and was going to be another evolution in the series. All in all, I can't recommend this game at all. Chances are you'll think it's a piece of shit and won't touch the rest of the series.

So what do the games all have in common? Well, unlike a number of early CRPGs, each of these games feature both overland exploration, town exploration and dungeon exploration. These aren't really dungeon crawlers. They also mix science fiction in with standard fantasy. The games start off as typical fantasy games with you killing orcs and stuff like that, but as the plots progress you inevitably find links to science fiction and space travel. The first game was one of the first CRPGs to have a twist ending and it's a real "what the fuck?" moment. The games are also non-linear and are open world. You can go almost anywhere from the start and so you do run the risk of running into places you can't handle yet. There's no level scaling to help you. This makes the world feel very dangerous but it's very satisfying to be able to clear areas you couldn't clear previously. It gives you a real sense of progression. What's nice is that the game worlds tend to span multiple environments in close proximity to one another. There's usually desert areas, rocky areas, grassy areas, snowy areas and lava filled areas all within the game worlds. This variety helps keeps the games fresh.

Casimir Effect
07-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Well you've persuaded me, even if I need more games like I need a bullet in the head.

On a related note, I really love the bonus stuff you get from GOG such as soundtracks.

Malawi Frontier Guard
07-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Just for god's sake don't buy Crusaders. It's at the top of the promo list, even.

Sketch
08-04-2012, 11:46 PM
I don't know if everyone already knows this, but if you add as US billing address (it can be anything, I heard it's best to use Alaska) you can buy digital stuff even if your in the UK. I just got LA Noire for 3 quid, for example.

Corpekata
09-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Note: There is a pretty good chance this is a pricing error and that it'll be fixed by the time you read this:

Gamersgate has the 1C complete pack for 20.00 USD, which is a rather insane deal even though 1c is kind of a iffy company. Notable franchises are King's Bounty, Men of War, and Space Rangers, with a few cult following types like Pathologic, and those games alone are probably worth the price.

AFF link: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-1CBIGPACK/1c-complete-pack-bundle?caff=3884871
Non-aff: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-1CBIGPACK/1c-complete-pack-bundle

If it is down, well, consider this a post for notification that GG has most of 1c's catalogue for like 70 percent off. Most of the Red Faction titles are on sale too it seems.

Sketch
09-04-2012, 03:36 AM
That's awesome, I'll probably just get one of the Men of War games. Which is better the original or Assault Squad? Or another?

icupnimpn2
09-04-2012, 03:51 AM
I bit on 1C complete pack for $20... less than that with IGN Prime discount. Have no idea what I'll even find in there.

Duckee
09-04-2012, 03:52 AM
Depends if you are interested in SP or not. The MP game is Assault Squad and is frankly my pick, however any other game in the series is a SP experience with the exception of the original which is both. I cannot imagine many players play the original online anymore though.

Heliocentric
09-04-2012, 08:15 AM
I bit on 1C complete pack for $20... less than that with IGN Prime discount. Have no idea what I'll even find in there.

I got it too, so much of it is rubbish, another chunk of it I already own, but their was easily enough left to make it worth ~£10 ($17). All of these game have rough edges but many of these games are legitimately more interesting than all these AA published releases.

Althea
09-04-2012, 08:37 AM
It's tempting, but I already own two copies of each King's Bounty game, so I'm not really going to bother as I wouldn't play even a quarter of those games.

Corpekata
09-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Yeah I owned a decent handful of games already (KB, one of the Men of Wars, Space Rangers Reboot) but since GG's gift policy lets me gift things as long as I haven't downloaded or viewed the serial key I'll probably find someone to toss the games to down the road. I got gifted the KB games on Steam so that one I'll have to find a home for them for sure.

archonsod
09-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Gamersgate has the 1C complete pack for 20.00 USD, which is a rather insane deal even though 1c is kind of a iffy company. Notable franchises are King's Bounty, Men of War, and Space Rangers, with a few cult following types like Pathologic, and those games alone are probably worth the price.

Worth noting that the fairly new Men of War Vietnam is also included in that bundle, and it's still at full price (£29.95) in the main store.

Ravelle
09-04-2012, 01:53 PM
DRM is Tagés for activation and the mild form of UbiDRM (i.e. offline functionality exists, but removes some features). If your net connection is stable and you don't upgrade your PC every five minutes, you'll be fine.

As for what it is compared to 1404 - it's a little more complex in places, but largely the same game in new clothing.

You get to install the game three times, after that you will have wait a month for your activation to be renewed.

Jams O'Donnell
09-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Hopefully not already mentioned:

ShopTo has Space Marine for £6.85. It's a Steam code - no fuss no muss.
http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO GAMES/DWNLD26860-Warhammer 40 000 Space Marine.html

There are a few other decent deals in their download section. DXHR is also £6.85, and there are some games from my "I'll buy it if it's cheap" list like Cryostasis and Death to Spies: Difficult Sequel for under £1.85 each.

Citruspunch
09-04-2012, 05:45 PM
http://www.shopto.net/DOWNLOAD/VIDEO%20GAMES/DWNLD26709-UFO%20Trilogy.html

ShopTo also have the UFO:After... trilogy for cheap. worth the cost for the first one, not played the other two. A suitable proxy until the new XCom arrives :)

Kodeen
09-04-2012, 06:49 PM
GG has Space Marine for 40% off, for some reason it's not listed on their offers page.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-W40KSM/warhammer-40000-space-marine

Althea
09-04-2012, 06:55 PM
Not as far as I can see, showing as £30 for me.

Heliocentric
09-04-2012, 06:56 PM
GG has Space Marine for 40% off, for some reason it's not listed on their offers page.

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-W40KSM/warhammer-40000-space-marine

The above post has this whipped if you are able to use shopto.

Smashbox
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey gang - In the US at least, Crusader Kings II is on sale at Amazon. Not sure if its also on sale across the pond:

$17.99 is a good deal, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-40914er-Kings-II1/dp/B006ULENFG/ref=sr_1_11_bnp_0?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1333991201&sr=1-11&tag=isthcom0a-20

Giaddon
09-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Amazon is having a pretty big sale right now. Space Marine is $10, Darkness 2 is $12.50, etc. Worth trying to cheat your way across the Atlantic.

Heliocentric
09-04-2012, 08:49 PM
Seems like the 1C pack on gamersgate wasnt a screw up after all?

Heres a list
7.62 - High Calibre
Adrenalin
A Farewell to Dragons
A.I.M
A.I.M 2
A.I.M Racing
A-Race Extreme Show
Alien Shooter Gold Pack
Ascension to the...
Brigade E5 - New Jagged Union
Borderzone
Classic Car Racing
Cuban Missile Crisis
Cuban Missile Crisis Ice Crusade
Creature Conflict: The Clan Wars
Cryostasis - Sleep of Reason
Cannon Strike
Desert Law
Dawn of Magic
Death Track: Resurrection
Death to Spies
Death to Spies Moment of Truth
Dusk-12
Faces of War(but i dont own it digitally, conflicted)
Freight Tycoon
Fairytale about Father Frost, Ivan and...
Fantasy Wars
Hellforces
Hard Truck Apocalypse
Hard Truck Apocalypse - Rise of Clans
Konung 3: Ties of...
King's Bounty The Legend
King's Bounty: Armoured Princess
King's Bounty: Crosssworlds
Korea: Forgotten Conflict
Konung 2
King of the Road
El Matador
Mortyr 2093-1944
Men of War
Men of War: Assault...
Men of War Red Tide
Men of War: Vietnam...
NecroVision
NecroVisioN: Lost...
Off-Road Drive
Pathologic
Planet Alcatraz
Pacific Storm
Pacific Storm Allies
RC Cars
Reign: Conflict of Nations
Rig'n'Roll
Real Warfare: 1242
Real Warfare 2:...
Snajper
Spells of Gold
Streets of Moscow
Space Rangers
Space Rangers 2
Space Rangers 2 Reboot
Stalingrad
The Stalin Subway
Star Wolves
Star Wolves 2
Star Wolves 3: Civil War
Swashbucklers Blue vs. Grey
Timothy
Gooka - The Mystery of Janatris
Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen
Theatre of War 2: Battle for Caen...
Theatre of War 2: Centauro
Theatre of War 2:...
Theatre of War 3...
The Stalin Subway: Red Veil
The Tomorrow War
UAZ Racing 4x4
UFO: Afterlight
UFO: Aftermath
UFO: AftershockOwn these 3of a disc, but eh...
Vivisector: Beast Within
Whirlwind of Vietnam
World War I
XIII Century -...
XIII Century -...
You Are Empty

Some of the names are truncated there, but you get the picture, that's 86 separate titles (inclusive of expansions as a counted title)

If a something on that list tempts you, watch out for the inevitable landslide of gifted duplicates on the generosity thread.

Men of War: Assault & Men of War: Vietnam are steam activations.

edit: bolded my duplicates for later gifting/trading

SirKicksalot
09-04-2012, 09:48 PM
I bought that 1C pack. It has some titles I always kinda wanted to play, like Death to Spies or XIII Century etc. I'm sure I'll find some hidden gems among the others...
Digging through that massive pile of basically unknown Eastern European games would make a great RPS feature, I think.

Labbes
09-04-2012, 10:01 PM
Hey gang - In the US at least, Crusader Kings II is on sale at Amazon. Not sure if its also on sale across the pond:

$17.99 is a good deal, I think.

http://www.amazon.com/Paradox-Interactive-40914er-Kings-II1/dp/B006ULENFG/ref=sr_1_11_bnp_0?s=videogames-download&ie=UTF8&qid=1333991201&sr=1-11&tag=isthcom0a-20

Thanks a bunch, wanted to have that game since release!

Wizardry
09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
Well you've persuaded me, even if I need more games like I need a bullet in the head.

On a related note, I really love the bonus stuff you get from GOG such as soundtracks.
Well at least that lengthy post of mine persuaded someone to pick something up.

Kelron
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
Seems like the 1C pack on gamersgate wasnt a screw up after all?

Incredibly tempting, given I missed out on the pack for the same price (with a few less games) when it was briefly mispriced in a Steam sale a while back. But I will stand firm in my resolve not to buy more games I won't play, and I already have a lot of the ones I wanted separately now.

Bleekill
10-04-2012, 05:58 AM
I might get Men of War. I only own Assault Squad but I played the demo for MoW a long time ago and it was fun. I miss that Assault Squad doesn't have campaign so I might as well.

Miker
10-04-2012, 06:21 AM
I posted those Amazon deals earlier and nobody was interested :( (I kid, it's good to see other people excited about picking up Crusader Kings II)

Shoddan
10-04-2012, 08:57 AM
I'd love to take advantage of the stuff off Amazon....

And then I realized it was US only.

:(

TailSwallower
10-04-2012, 09:05 AM
But I will stand firm in my resolve not to buy more games I won't play[...]

That's my thinking too. There's a few games in there I'm interested in (Space Rangers series, King's Bounty, did someone mention Pathologic?, UFO series), but I can't bring myself to buy so many games that I'll likely never even look at.

Jams O'Donnell
10-04-2012, 09:18 AM
I'd love to take advantage of the stuff off Amazon....

And then I realized it was US only.

:(
You can get download-only titles form Amazon US without being in the US. You just need to enter a (real) US address. I was skeptical, but I did that for The Saboteur this morning so I can testify that it works.

Kelron
10-04-2012, 01:12 PM
That's my thinking too. There's a few games in there I'm interested in (Space Rangers series, King's Bounty, did someone mention Pathologic?, UFO series), but I can't bring myself to buy so many games that I'll likely never even look at.

You could always pick up some of the games you do want individually. Space Rangers 2: Reboot for £3 is great, though if you add in King's Bounty and the UFO series you're probably getting close to the price of the pack anyway.

Shoddan
10-04-2012, 06:41 PM
You can get download-only titles form Amazon US without being in the US. You just need to enter a (real) US address. I was skeptical, but I did that for The Saboteur this morning so I can testify that it works.

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I will give it a go, then. :)

Colonel J
10-04-2012, 07:57 PM

I can't make this work, is there some other trick I'm not doing? I added a real (bogus) US delivery address that seems fine as Amazon added end digits to the zip code automatically, set this as my main address for one-click purchases and it still craps out at the check-out saying downloads are only available to US customers. Paying with a UK card with a UK billing address, obviously.

lhzr
10-04-2012, 08:52 PM
I can't make this work, is there some other trick I'm not doing? I added a real (bogus) US delivery address that seems fine as Amazon added end digits to the zip code automatically, set this as my main address for one-click purchases and it still craps out at the check-out saying downloads are only available to US customers. Paying with a UK card with a UK billing address, obviously.
You could try using a vpn. I used this (http://www.hideipvpn.com/) together with a disposable email address (http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html) to buy kindle apps, which are only available in the US. All of them, for some reason.
It worked fine and had no trouble doing this again every time I wanted one of their apps.

Revisor
10-04-2012, 09:06 PM
US delivery address
UK billing address

US billing address, that's all.

Colonel J
10-04-2012, 09:37 PM
Cheers I'll give that a try with a new card address. I was following the suggestion on savygamer (http://savygamer.co.uk/2012/04/09/the-saboteur-pc-3-14/) to just add a US delivery address, I assumed the card address needed to be the actual one for the Mastercard transaction to work. Though the moment's impulse to add three more games (Saboteur, Dragon Age Ultimate + DA2 bundle for $9.99) to my huge backlog has now faded for tonight, probably a good thing not to have Amazon US to add to my temptations.

That VPN suggestion is worth knowing, filed for future use thanks...

Revisor
10-04-2012, 11:05 PM
VPN is not necessary, nor is a disposable email address. Just add a US billing address to your account, use it for this one purchase.
Done.

ColOfNature
10-04-2012, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it doesn't even have to be a real address, just a real zipcode. I use an entirely fictional street address in Baltimore, and the same credit card as I use for the UK store.

trjp
10-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Yeah, it doesn't even have to be a real address, just a real zipcode. I use an entirely fictional street address in Baltimore, and the same credit card as I use for the UK store.

You didn't use Hamsterdam?

Tell me you didn't use Hamsterdam?? :)

ColOfNature
11-04-2012, 01:12 AM
I, er, didn't use Hamsterdamn. What's Hamsterdamn? Should I have used Hamsterdamn?

Anthile
11-04-2012, 01:30 AM
I, er, didn't use Hamsterdamn. What's Hamsterdamn? Should I have used Hamsterdamn?

You will be registered as Fuzzy Dunlop.

trjp
11-04-2012, 01:49 AM

WMDs - get your WMDs here...

It's a "The Wire" thing (Baltimore - what else?)...

OMAR's coming...

*Whistles "the farmer's in the dell"*

luker161
11-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Free copy of Lucid from Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/s42rg/psa_get_lucid_for_the_low_price_of_free/

ColOfNature
11-04-2012, 03:24 PM
Free copy of Lucid from Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/SteamGameSwap/comments/s42rg/psa_get_lucid_for_the_low_price_of_free/

I've got a spare key for that if anyone wants it.

alms
11-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Any idea where all the Faerie Solitaire keys are coming from? there's a whole lot on SteamGifts and I doubt every one of them has bought the infinity bundle.

Oshada
11-04-2012, 04:15 PM
The developer released around 5000 keys a while back.

alms
11-04-2012, 04:26 PM
I see, guess I should be checking Reddit more often. If someone has a spare key to share, here's my gratitude.

Juan Carlo
11-04-2012, 04:36 PM
The gameplay of many games just breaks at the highest difficulty. If a game seems broken, why not turn the difficulty down and see what that does?

Well I do like the challenge (which is why I play everything on the hardest difficulty possible), but it's also a bit of an OCD thing. Seriously, I've tried, but when I play on lower difficulties I just feel a weird itch like I'm missing out on something.

The only time I will turn down the difficulty is in RTS games when the AI is obviously cheating to an excessive degree to give itself an advantage (I know basically all RTS games have to allow the AI to cheat to some extent, though, which is why I emphasize the word "excessive").

Corpekata
12-04-2012, 01:29 AM
Gamersgate has the Mount and Blade Games collection on Sale for 7.50 USD:

AFF: http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-MBMBW/mount-and-blade-collection-bundle?caff=3884871
Non-AFF:http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-MBMBW/mount-and-blade-collection-bundle

The individual titles are also on sale for 5.00 (Warband), 3.74 (base game) and 2.50 (Fire and Sword) if you already own some of the titles. They are listed as "Other DRM" so not sure if that means Steamworks or not.

The 1c collection also appears to NOT be a price mistake as it is still up. 20 bucks for like 80 games is pretty swell, even if some of them appear to be total stinkers.