PDA

View Full Version : Shadow of Yserbius / Fates of Twinion -- have you played them?

Berzee
22-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Did anyone ever play these games? All the talk of dungeon-crawling made me remember them as some of my childhood favorites. =) And that was just the single player, where you had to try to make one highly-specialized character face entirely too varied of challenges alone. Played the multiplayer just a bit but did not continue because it was appallingly expensive back then (*shakes fist at Imagination Network)

I don't really have anything to say about them. I'm just here eating a cookie and waiting for more work...so I thought I'd say the names and see if anyone else feels a similar happiness. =P

Wizardry
22-11-2011, 08:45 PM
I knew of these games but I never did play them. I hope this helps!

Berzee
22-11-2011, 08:56 PM
Thank you, it does! You should, they're fun!! Death Darts 4 lief!!!

TillEulenspiegel
22-11-2011, 09:02 PM
Played 'em on INN back when you paid a ridiculous amount of money per hour for the privilege, played more after they were released in single-player form. Don't think I ever finished them, though - I've tried with a few classes, and always manage to reach an impossible fight. Even loading up on scrolls, leveling a bunch of times, still couldn't get past it. Think they were wyverns.

But have you seen Ruins of Cawdor? I quit INN before it came out (hey, MUDs were free and unlimited internet had become a reality around that time), but it was finally hacked a couple years ago to be playable offline. Yserbius.org seems to be down at the moment, but it should be available there.

Berzee
22-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I just discovered Cawdor a few minutes ago while googling...quite exciting!

Ran into the same problem you did, though -- the games aren't really balanced for single-player it seems.

Zaboomafoozarg
25-11-2011, 04:17 AM
I'm thoroughly convinced that if INN had started charging $10-$20 per month for Yserbius instead of $6.95 an hour, the game would have been wildly successful.

Juan Carlo
25-11-2011, 07:30 AM
Yes. In fact, I think they were the first RPGs I ever played. I was like 10 or 11 at the time and a friend of mine gave them to me and I remember not being interested in them because of the graphics and turn based gameplay. But then I played them one day out of sheer boredom and got totally hooked and loved them after that.

Then my cousin came for the summer and we both had our own characters and would play every day. Mine was a woman named "Xena." I don't think we ever came close to beating them, though.

We just played single player, though. I guess I had completely forgotten that there was a multiplayer component until you mentioned just now.