PDA

View Full Version : It's almost time for the next Indie Royale bundle!

Taidan
23-11-2011, 12:42 AM
It's the "Really Big Bundle" next, I wonder what it could be?

The hint is:

Incidentally, 'Really Big' in its title is a reference to one of the included games and the scope/genre of the others, rather than it being a massive 1000-in-1 pack!

More importantly, when I went to look to see exactly when the new bundle was due out earlier, (I think it was supposed to be the 24th of November) I discovered that it looks like they're changing how they do these things just a tiny bit.

Most interestingly, they're letting you pre-order the bundles now. You pick your price, do an order, and they'll email you your link when the bundle hits. Of course, you don't know what you'll be getting, but for the sake of a few Dollars/Pounds/Euros/Whatever, I don't begrudge them that at all.

Secondly, they're not running according the the original schedule anymore. They'll be done "when they're done".

Anyway, details here: http://www.indieroyale.com/newsletter/80

westyfield
23-11-2011, 02:14 AM
So Really Big Sky, then. No idea what the others might be - indie grand strategy, maybe?

b0rsuk
23-11-2011, 05:37 AM
I wish they sold games which work on Linux, like Humble Indie Bundle do. I would really like to try Nimbus.

buemba
23-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Heard good things about Really Big Sky, so I'll definitely pick this one up even if the other games turn out to be crap. Too bad about the change in schedule though, as I really liked the almost episodic nature of their release dates.

R-F
23-11-2011, 05:37 PM
What time does this get released at?

Taidan
29-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Well, it's out.

Games are:

Really Big Sky
Runespell: Overture
Eufloria
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breath of Death VII

Current price: 1.92

Creeping Death
29-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Quick question. Does anyone know if I've already activated a game on Steam can I then give my desura key to a different person to use? Essentially, are they two different copies of the game?

If the answer is yes then that's 3 bundles of indie games for desura I can add to the kindness thread :P

Taidan
29-11-2011, 06:35 PM
On the basis of legality and decency, probably not. I'm of the impression that they're just multiple ways of accessing the same license, which is intended for use by a single party.

On a technical basis, I'm not entirely sure if the keys are linked, but I'd guess probably not. I know that the Steam keys definitely aren't linked to each other in any way, as I've been giving the keys away to family and friends for the games I already own from the bundles.

Most importantly, it just doesn't quite feel right to me to be giving away a second copy of your own games in this particular case. They're gone out of their way to treat us as fairly as possible, being definitely affordably priced, having a DRM-free copy available as a direct download, and giving the money back to the poor, starving indie devs that slaved away the precious hours of their lives on them. If anything, I think it's too good a deal.

It's your call though, do what you think is right! ;)

R-F
29-11-2011, 07:54 PM
I've either got them or they're a bit naff.

:|

I also have no idea how to play Really Big Sky.

Heliocentric
29-11-2011, 08:19 PM
I also have no idea how to play Really Big Sky.

You get a twin stick controller.
You whoot at things, things that dont die you touch with your ship.
Did you die? Thats a bullet.
Did you start shoting some kind of ion cannon? That's a pick-up.
Stop touching the bullets and only pick up pick-ups that don't wipe out better ones you might have.
Diversify your investment portfolio
???
Profit

Creeping Death
29-11-2011, 09:32 PM
The one thing I really don't like about Really Big Sky (other than it's another twin stick shooter... had 3 of those from the last bundle) is being called a tit when I die... I don't appreciate that mr narrator man!

Also, Taidan guilt tripped me into not giving away the extra keys, so no treats for anyone! If it was a better bundle I might consider gifting someone it but.. meh.

Edit: Add the music and the fact that hitting esc ingame doesnt take you to a menu but closes the game to the list of things I dislike about Really Big Sky. Oh and no option that I can find to turn of rumble on a controller :/

Scumbag
30-11-2011, 12:47 AM
If it were not for the fact I own most of this I would have liked it a bit more, but I'm sure most people say this about most of these bundles.

Do find it odd they keep pushing back the Alpha fund bundle. Wondering if its because of issues with the devs they have or just because of the other bundles taking up the timeslots with hollidays and what-not.

R-F
30-11-2011, 06:53 AM
You get a twin stick controller.
You whoot at things, things that dont die you touch with your ship.
Did you die? Thats a bullet.
Did you start shoting some kind of ion cannon? That's a pick-up.
Stop touching the bullets and only pick up pick-ups that don't wipe out better ones you might have.
Diversify your investment portfolio
???
Profit

But I wandered into a bright white light and died. :( There were no enemies that I could see, I'd assumed it was a planet and just strolled into it with my drill. Instadeath. There was no way around it, either.

Taidan
30-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Also, Taidan guilt tripped me into not giving away the extra keys, so no treats for anyone! If it was a better bundle I might consider gifting someone it but.. meh.

I'm such a spoil-sport! ;)

Kaira-
30-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Bit of a shame that Indie Royale doesn't have such a great multiplatform-stance as Humble Bundle. Shame because I'd probably buy it since Cthulhu/Breath of Death seemed like games that I'd play on the go with my Linux-laptop, not sure if I can be arsed to play them on my Windows-computer.

icupnimpn2
30-11-2011, 04:54 PM
I think they'd quickly run out of games to include if they held to that stance. As others have noted, games in the Humble Bundle tend to be those that have been on the market for a while and for which the devs have already made back their money. The devs may then have the warchest to finish out the multi-platform ports.

The Indie Royale games are all a bit newer to market, it seems, and the devs are probably still trying to make their money in the first place.

TailSwallower
01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Well, I hadn't had any of the games in this bundle yet, and I'd been vaguely interested in Cthulhu already, so it's a good one for me. Really Big Sky and Eufloria look possibly amazing, but I got distracted by New Vegas last night, so I haven't given them a shot yet.