PDA

View Full Version : Skyrim 20% off and More

CaptainCasey
25-11-2011, 08:22 AM
Hey Guys,

I've been waiting for the ultimate deals this week and I have found it.

For those in UK and in States with Direct2Drive you can have 20% off your ENTIRE order right now with the promo key on the website.

That means I just bought Skyrim for PC for $47 I think you can get for 31 pounds in UK

Everything 20% off.

Enjoy

P.s. I posted on the bargains sticky too but I thought this was too good to pass up.

Althea
25-11-2011, 08:57 AM
I think you can get for 31 pounds in UK
That's still more expensive than a retail copy here, plus the price is 32 (you weren't far off).

The Mechanical Aggressor
25-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Since many of their new releases are 40, they're still more expensive than Steam and retail, even with the 20% off deal. I got Skyrim cheaper than that on release day. With all the sales on this week, D2D's effort is really pathetic.

Heliocentric
25-11-2011, 09:31 AM
It's hard to feel sorry for them when people like the OP are getting taken in by it (I'm assuming you are legit).

CaptainCasey
25-11-2011, 11:15 AM
State-Side we haven't had many deals for Skyrim (That I've seen) except for those few keys that have been sold on Ebay.

Saving $12.50 on a $59.99 game seems legit to me for how the game just came out this month. But as I'm unfamiliar with pricing in the UK/deals that are available there I can see how this might not be as great a deal t some.

I don't see just how I'm being taken by it @Heliocentric either.

rsherhod
25-11-2011, 02:47 PM
In the UK, even on release day, you should be able to find a game like Skyrim for less than 30 (i.e. below $46) without looking too hard. There are exceptions of course. Modern Warfare 2 sold at a stupidly high price everywhere, and StarCraft 2's price was and is kept high by Blizzard.

Still, $59.99 is nearly 39. If you pay that much you've been fleeced.

Althea
25-11-2011, 03:33 PM
In the UK, even on release day, you should be able to find a game like Skyrim for less than 30 (i.e. below $46) without looking too hard.
Actually, no, Skyrim has largely been at the 30 price point. Even before release, Amazon had it at about 28 as the lowest. There were a few sites that had it for less, but mostly they tended to require non-specific discount codes (like 5 off any preorders) rather than the game itself being cheap.

Modern Warfare 2 sold at a stupidly high price everywhere, and StarCraft 2's price was and is kept high by Blizzard.
I think all CoD games since MW1 have sold at the 40 price point (rather than the typical 30), and SC2 sat at 35 for a long time. I would like to blame Activision, and surely they're involved somehow, but Blizzard games have always been artificially expensive. SC1 Complete sat at 10 for years, and Diablo 2 and its expansion were 10 apiece for years, too, although GAME had them on two-for-15 for many of those years. I think WC3 was the same, too, but I can't entirely remember.

rsherhod
25-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Actually, no, Skyrim has largely been at the 30 price point. Even before release, Amazon had it at about 28 as the lowest. There were a few sites that had it for less, but mostly they tended to require non-specific discount codes (like 5 off any preorders) rather than the game itself being cheap.

28 is less than 30, isn't it? :P
OK not by much, but still below the barrier number and not that hard to find if you're even a little bit savy.