PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft Lego seems a bit redundant to me.

thegooseking
05-12-2011, 12:40 PM
It seems Minecraft Lego is probably going to be a real thing. (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/38942/Mojang_Working_On_Official_Minecraft_Lego.php)

I don't know... Lego based on a game that is basically Virtual Lego?

Jams O'Donnell
05-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I don't think I agree -- it seems like a natural fit, though I'm not sure there'll be a big market for it.

thegooseking
05-12-2011, 12:51 PM
There might be a market, now that I think of it.

I'm sure there are a lot of people who play Minecraft who secretly want to play with Lego but can't because they're adults. There is always the possibility that this could be the thing that convinces them that being an adult doesn't prevent one from playing with Lego.

Jams O'Donnell
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I am an adult and I play with Lego! I have some Mindstorms stuff but I also have a weakness for the sub-20 Technic kits.

I think all adults need to realise that they can still have kids' stuff. For example, most adult bedding is boring old stripes or floral patterns -- I have dinosaurs and airplanes and frogs and pirates etc on my bed.

Xercies
05-12-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes Adults who think they must put away all their toys and be mature and not have any fun are boring and missing the point. Its all about moderation at the end of the day. Release your inner Lego loving child.

Althea
05-12-2011, 01:06 PM
You've got to be kidding me.

Ravelle
05-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Lego that consists of only square blocks, I always liked the way the cube world looked and I think building it in lego-form will look neat as well, maybe it's a better idea to make the building blocks 1:1.

westyfield
05-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I don't see the point. If I want to play a poor virtual approximation of Lego, I play Minecraft. If I want to play with actual Lego, I play with Lego.