PDA

View Full Version : Help! Rotating white squares in Skyrim (with screenshots)

Achkas
07-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I have an Intel i5 quad core processor running at 2.6ghz, 4gb ram, Windows 7 64 bit, and an Nvidia GTX 460 running the latest beta drivers (installed due to this error, but the beta drivers did not remove them, nor did the ENB Series patch, so I deleted that). The game runs quickly and is quite responsive, and as you can see in these screenshots the rest of the graphics do load, there are just a huge amount of rotating grey-white squares around the screen. I think it is where there would normally be smoke/fog, judging by what other people's main menus look like. It seems like some others have had this problem in my internet searches, but no-one seemed to be able to give them answers. So I've made screenshots to demonstrate the problem, and would really appreciate it if someone might help me or advise me as to how to get rid of these and fix everything. Thanks!

The screenshots, taken at the main menu and at the beginning of the game, have been uploaded publicly here --> http://steamcommunity.com/id/achkas/screenshots

TychoCelchuuu
07-12-2011, 01:50 AM
Have you tried verifying the integrity of the game cache?

DigitalSignalX
07-12-2011, 02:27 AM
I'd roll back the drivers, and try deleting your .ini files in the save profile to reset all graphic settings.

Achkas
07-12-2011, 08:04 AM
This morning's 198.8MB patch on Steam seems to have completely fixed it. Thanks anyway, everyone!