PDA

View Full Version : Help with stance in London

pakoito
07-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I have to travel to the city for some job interviews next week, on short notice, and I dunno what to do with the hostel and stuff. It is going to be less than a week but I don't feel neither like sharing a 10 man room nor like paying for 5* luxury.

Advice, knowledge, links, HALP?

Joseph-Sulphur
07-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Well, if you can bear the horror of our un-pasteurised milk, I think that youth hostels are by far the best option. These days you're unlikely to end up in a room with sixteen shady looking Russian backpackers, struggling to sleep while clutching your passport. Not sure what kind of pricerange you're thinking about, how about this? (http://www.yha.org.uk/find-accommodation/london/hostels/london_central/index.aspx)

Drake Sigar
07-12-2011, 06:35 PM
You can stay at my place, I almost certainly won't sell you into slavery.

Creeping Death
08-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Tried travelodge.co.uk? Checking for prices next week and it's anything between 60 and 100 a night depending on the area you want to stay in. Which isn't too bad.

Alternatively, you could look for some B+Bs in the area, they can be quite cheap at times.

Either way I will say that you'll need to book in advance. Showing up on the night asking if they have any rooms free wont get you anywhere :P

pakoito
08-12-2011, 07:47 PM
I sorted it out, booked some nice cheap hotel.

Thanks folks :D